Cupid is A Crazy Man

Master of Disguise

“To find the length of X you need to add Y and Z together and then subtract them from the subtotal, the resulting answer will give you—Yes Jonghyun, do you have a question?”

 

Jonghyun cleared his throat and stood up, “Mr. Jongdae, I think you should give us a project to work on.”

 

The partially asleep students in the class straightened up and sent Jonghyun incredulous looks, even Onew looked taken back.

 

“BWAH?”

 

“Yah Jonghyun, are you crazy?”

 

“Maybe he was in the sun for too long?”

 

“Quick, somebody slap him!”

 

Mr. Jongdae looked taken back. “You want me to give you work?”

 

Jonghyun enthusiastically nodded his head. “Yes I need to raise my average, and graduation is just around the corner.”

 

Mr. Jongdae scratched his head. “But to give the whole class something—”

 

“—would be extremely fair.” Finished Jonghyun, solemnly nodding his head. “I think you should let us PAIR UP, in groups of TWO, so that we can improve our grade. IN PAIRS.”

 

Key silently smiled. Smooth Jonghyun, smooth.

 

Mr. Jongdae glanced around the classroom, his eyebrows raised. “Why don’t we take a class vote?”

 

The class burst with outrage.

 

“Who’s gonna say yes?”

 

“Is he RETARTED?”

 

“He ASKED for more work!”

 

“If anyone of you says no,” hissed Jonghyun, his eyes mercilessly scanning the room. “I will personally find the girl that they love and steal her away from them with my charming good-looks.”

 

Key face palmed himself. He’s threatening them with THAT?

 

Eunji rolled her eyes and shook her head. Crazy guy.

 

The class fell silent, all of them exchanging startled looks, before bursting into laughter.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes tightened dangerously and he wagged his finger threateningly at his classmates. “You’re all going to regret this!”

 

Jonghyun glanced darkly at the guy sitting beside him, before whipping out his phone. “So Taecyeon, you have a crush on Yoona right?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE TEACHERS AT THIS SCHOOL?”

 

“Wow, calm down Jonngie.”

 

Jonghyun let out an agitated cry and started pacing back and forth—on the school’s roof— like a crazy maniac.

 

“Four teachers! I friggin asked four teachers to give us homework and they all said NO!”

 

“The teachers didn’t say no,” corrected Key. “Our classmates were the ones who—”

 

“Yes our classmates,” purred Jonghyun, eyes tightening. “I’ll make sure they stay single for LIFE!”

 

Key’s eyes filled with amusement as he leaned forwards, his elbows resting on his thighs. “Was that the best threat that you could think off?”

 

Jonghyun stopped pacing and stamped his foot childishly. “AISH! Why aren’t my plans working?”

 

Key sat up with a wicked smile on his face. “You do realize we have gym next?”

 

Jonghyun cocked his head to the side, confusion evident on his face. “So what?”

 

Key sighed and patted Jonghyun lightly on the back. “Just leave it to me.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“MOVE THOSE SCRAWNY LEGS KIBUM,” Growled Minseok, their PE teacher.

 

Key threw his teacher a dirty look. Scrawny? Honey, you WISH you had legs like mine.

 

“KIM JONGHYUN, DO YOU THINK THIS IS A PHOTO SHOOT? MOVE IT!”

 

Jonghyun, who was already panting heavily, whined. “Mr. Minesok, aren’t ten laps enough?”

 

“COMPLAINING ARE YOU KIM?  WELL NOW YOU HAVE TO RUN THIRTY LAPS!”

 

The whole class started to protest, but Mr. Minseok raised his eyebrows. “I’LL MAKE IT FIFTY.”

 

The groaning students sent Jonghyun dirty looks and continued running around the track.

 

Onew, who hadn’t slept properly all night, was barely managing to stand up straight, let alone run.

 

“You are officially the most hated man in Korea.” Chuckled Minho, not breaking a sweat.

 

Jonghyun’s lower lip jutted out. “How—come—you’re—not—dying?”

 

Minho rolled his eyes. “I’m not the only one here who finds this easy.”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes followed Minho’s gaze, which lead him to Eunji who was running alongside L.Joe, laughing with him.

 

“I—must—kill—him—” Growled Jonghyun, glaring at L.Joe.

 

“Yah Jonghyun!” Key increased his pace until he was running alongside Jonghyun.

 

“What?” Huffed Jonghyun, his breath coming out in short gasps.

 

“Go trip Eunjin.”

 

Jonghyun started at him in bafflement. “You—gasp—want me to—gasp—trip him?”

 

Key nodded his head. “Yes, it’s part of the plan.”

 

“How the heck am I going to catch up with him?”

 

Key smiled widely, showing off his pearly teeth. “You don’t have to.”

 

“Ah,” Understanding flitted across Jonghyun’s face and he started to lower his pace.

 

“JONGHYUN THIS IS NOT A FASHION RUNWAY!” Hissed Mr. Minseok when Jonghyun stopped in the middle of the track.

 

 Jonghyun ignored his teacher’s shouts and stood there frozen; his eyes trained on his incoming target.

 

“KIM JONGHYUN—”

 

Five…four…

 

“—IF YOU DON’T START RUNNING—”

 

Three…two…

 

“—I WILL MAKE YOU RUN ONE HUNDRED LAPS.”

 

…One!

 

Jonghyun crouched down to the floor and extended his right foot, tripping Eunji while she was running.

 

“UGH!” Hissed Eunji plummeting to the ground.

 

“OH NO, POOOR EUNJIN!” Yelped Jonghyun, straightening up from his crouch.

 

Everyone stopped running, their eyes focused on the scene unfolding in front of them.

 

“Yah Eunji-ah, are you okay?” Demanded L.Joe crouching down beside her.

 

Jonghyun cleared his throat and loudly yelled. “EUNJIN YOUR FOOT IS BROKEN?!”

 

Onew’s head snapped in their direction, concern flitting across his face.

 

Eunji glared fiercely at Jonghyun. “Why the heck did you—”

 

“YOU’RE SAYING IT HURTS SO MUCH THAT YOU WANT TO DIE?”

 

Onew bit his lower lip and started walking towards Eunji.

 

L.Joe’s eyes tightened. “What the heck is your problem?”

 

“HIS FOOT MIGHT HAVE TO BE CUT OFF?”

 

Onew’s eyes widened and he started running.

 

Eunji rolled her eyes and lightly patted L.Joe on the shoulder. “Forget it; once he starts he never stops.”

 

“Eunji-ah do you want me to take you to the nurse?” Heaved Onew, panting slightly.

 

Eunji blinked twice, startled by Onew’s bold request.

 

I’m gonna take him to the nurse.” Corrected L.Joe, placing his arms underneath her and carrying her off the floor.

 

Onew gazed intensely at Eunji, trying to get her to make eye contact with him. “Eunji-ah?”

 

Eunji averted her gaze, her lips stretched into a thin grim line.

 

“O-Okay, get well soon, ‘kay?” He whispered softly, shoving his hand into his pockets and walking away.

 

Jonghyun’s jaw was wide open, his eyes twitching uncontrollably. “Y-You just—why would you? ONEW WHY???”

 

Onew’s shoulder’s slumped dejectedly, and he sent Jonghyun a pained smile. “Jonggie it’s okay.”

 

Jonghyun snapped his mouth shut. “HELL NO, IT IS NOT OKAY. HE,” hissed Jonghyun glaring at L.Joe. “NEEDS TO GET LOST.”

 

L.Joe rolled his eyes and completely ignoring Jonghyun, turned around and carried Eunji into the school.

 

“DON’T RUN AWAY FROM ME! I’M GONNA KILL YOU ALL!!”

 

“Kim Jonghyun what are you—”

 

“DON’T TALK TO ME YOU WORTHLESS PIG—oh crap!”

 

Mr. Minseok raised his brows. “Jonghyun you just earned yourself THREE HUNDRED LAPS AROUND THE SCHOOL YOU PUNK.”

 

Jonghyun threw his head back and let out a pained cry. “WHY ME?”

 

**300 laps and five hours later**

“I think he’s dead.”

 

“Should we just poke him and find out?”

 

“AHHHHH!” Jonghyun’s body jerked painfully as Minho stabbed him with a tree branch.

 

“Nope, he’s alive.” Chuckled Minho, smiling victoriously.

 

Taemin crouched beside Jonghyun and gently poked his cheek. “Hyung, are you gonna lie in that mud pile all day.”

 

Jonghyun briefly raised his head and glared at Taemin. “Yes.”

 

Key rolled his eyes and—heartlessly—kicked Jonghyun in the ribs. “Yah Jonghyun-ah, you’re just gonna give up?”

 

Jonghyun mumbled an unintelligent response.

“I didn’t except this from you.” Key turned to Taemin and Minho. “Let’s go inside, it’s getting cold.”

 

A strange look crossed Jonghyun’s face. “Cold?”

 

Taemin rubbed his arms. “Yeah, it’s pretty chilly out.”

 

Chilly?

Jonghyun’s face suddenly lite up, “THAT’S IT!”

All three guys flinched in surprise. “What’s it?”

 

Jonghyun started laughing hysterically. “Oh it’s brilliant.”

 

Key and Taemin exchanged weird looks. “Hyung…”

 

Jonghyun waved his hand dismissively, “No time to explain! I have to act fast.”

 

Without another word Jonghyun sat up and started running towards the building.

 

Minho blanched. “He’s crazy.”

 

Key bit back a smile. “Behind every crazy man, there is a genius.”


 

LOL Jonghyun's crazy attemtpts at getting Eunji an Onew together-- Looks like his LAST plan...might work?