L.Joe's Warning

Master of Disguise

*BAM*

I winced as Onew roughly slammed the door to our room shut.

 

“Drama queen,” I muttered, skipped over to my bed and sat crossed legged on it.

 

Onew walked towards me flicked me on the head.

 

“Ow! What was that for?” I winced, my hand flying to my forehead.

 

Onew flicked my forehead again. “You’re an idiot.”

 

“Stop that!” I glared, and I slapped his hand away.

 

Onew sighed and leaned against the wall, facing me. “Eunji, why the heck would you sleep in L.Joe’s room?”

 

“I believe I was drunk last night.” I mumbled bitterly.

 

Onew chuckled sourly. “I know that you were drunk. Heck, the entire building knows that you were drunk.”

 

I shrugged innocently. Not my fault.

 

Onew pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. “Whatever, I just don’t get why you were sleeping on the same flipping bed as him!”

 

I flinched from his raised tone. “Aish, you’re worse than that Seohyun chick.”

 

Onew raised an eyebrow. “You do realize that she would’ve strangled you if I hadn’t gotten involved?”

 

“Whatever, she isn’t a good match for him anyway.”

 

Onew’s eyes snapped to my face. “Then are you a better match?”

 

I shrugged my shoulders. “I just think that he deserves someone who causes less trouble.”

 

Onew abruptly pushed himself off the wall, his hands clenched into fists.

 

 “What now?” I snapped, annoyed by his sudden actions.

 

A bitter look crossed Onew’s features. “Yah Eunji, don’t tell me that you’ve fallen for him?”

 

I blinked twice, taken back by his words. “What?”

 

Onew snickered and looked away. “You’re only going to get hurt.”

 

Onew turned around and started walking towards the door.

 

My hands shot out and grabbed his wrist.

 

“Are you the idiot?” I hissed, catching him off guard.

 

“What?” Onew started at me intensely.

 

I pursed my lips. “How the heck did you arrive at that conclusion? Honestly Onew you’ve been acting like a jerk lately, and if you keep it up, I’ll make your life miserable.”

 

Onew blinked twice, letting my words sink in.

 

A rancid smell suddenly overwhelmed my senses, catching me off guard. My hand flew to my mouth, “Holy-What is that disgusting smell?”

 

Onew looked around the room as if noticing where we were for the first time. “Shoot,” he whispered.

 

Onew abruptly walked over to the washroom and threw the door open. Sure enough, the smell intensified.

 

I watched as Onew disappeared into the washroom. I reluctantly got up and slowly made my way towards the chamber of rotten scent.

 

I peeked inside the washroom and found the root of the combustion.

 

Poor Minho, whose face had a light green shade to it, was sprawled on the floor beside the toilet.

 

Onew softly shook him. “Minho-iss, are you okay?”

 

“Does he look okay?” I retorted smartly.

 

Onew threw me a dirty look and went back to soothing Minho.

 

After numerous failed attempts at waking up Minho, Onew sighed in defeat.

 

“I’m taking him to the nurse.”

 

“Ehh? W-what about this mess?” Someone could die from this smell.

 

Onew threw me an incredulous look as he awkwardly heaved Minho onto his back.

 

“Clean it up.” With quite some struggle Onew straightened up, and made his way towards the door.

 

“There is no way that I’m going to-” BAM

 

The door slammed shut behind Onew, leaving me alone in a foul-smelling room.

 

“-clean this up.”

 

I sighed and helplessly glanced around. What do I do?

 

***Author’s POV***

 

“He should be fine after some rest.” Soothed the nurse, placing an ice pack on Minho’s forehead.

 

Onew smiled gratefully. “Thank yo-”

 

“WHAT HAPPENED?” yelled Jjong, throwing the door to the nurse’s room open.

 

“It’s alright Jonghyun-ssi, Minho just experienced some food poisoning, nothing too serious. After some rest-”

 

Not too serious? Are you kidding me? We have to take him to the hospital!” Jjong hysterically whipped his cellphone out and started dialling a number.

 

“Kim Jonghyun, this is not a serious matter. Please stop over reacting.” Scolded the nurse.

 

Jjong’s eyes widened dramatically. “Are you even qualified to be a nurse? If he dies will you take responsibility?”

 

“Well I don’t think-”

 

“Exactly, don’t think at all. I’ll make sure that Minho gets better.”

 

Jjong pressed TALK on his phone.

 

“Hello is there an emergency?”

 

“HURRY UP! My friend has been POISONED and he’s DYING.”

 

Onew chuckled. “He has food poisoning.”

 

The nurse placed a shaking hand on her head. “I’m too old to be working at this school.”

 

********************

 

“ARE YOU EVEN QUALIFIED TO BE A DOCTOR?”

 

Nurses down the hospital hallway stopped and stared at the fuming dinosaur.

 

“Jjong calm down,” whispered Onew, nudging his furious friend. Stop yelling at every doctor in sight.

 

The doctor cracked a smile. “It’s normal to be worried about your friend. Just make sure that he drinks plenty of water and gets lots of rest.”

 

“Doctor Soong Ki, there is another patient waiting for you.” Interrupted a nurse, frantically gesturing for the doctor to follow her.

 

Dr. Soong Ki slightly bowed his head to Jjong and followed the restless nurse.

 

“That bastard of a doctor. He doesn’t know anything. If Eunjin was here he would have taken him down with me.” Grumbled Jjong walking to Minho’s bedside.

 

Onew flinched at the mention of Eunjin. “Are you going to stay beside Minho or are you –?”

 

Jjong curtly shook his head. “I’m staying here till he gets better.”

 

He then added jokingly. “You should get back though, Minho probably left a mess in your room.”

 

Onew’s eyes widened. “Oh shoot! I left Eunjin alone in that room.”

 

Without another word, Onew his heel and scurried out the hospital room.

 

Jjong smiled softly. “That guy worries too much about Eunjin.”

 

************************

 

“EUNJI?”

 

Onew burst into the room; he’s eyes searching for Eunji.

 

When he didn’t immediately find her, his heart went into a beating frenzy.

 

“Eunji?” he repeated, frantically knocking on the closed washroom.

 

When no one answered, Onew hesitantly twisted the knob and pushed the door open.

 

The washroom was, surprisingly, clean.  The vomit had been wiped off and there was no longer a rancid smell.

 

Onew chuckled as his eyes landed on a very exhausted looking Eunji, who was curled up in a tight ball, asleep on the floor.

 

Onew’s eyes softened and his heart skipped a beat. Why does she keep surprizing me?

 

He gently kneeled down beside her, and scooped her up in his arms. Eunji’s head rolled to the side making contact with Onew’s chest.

 

Onew effortlessly carried Eunji out of the washroom, and gently lowered her onto her bed.

 

Just as Onew was about to get up, something caught his attention. The bruise on Eunji’s face was turning purple and becoming more pronounced.

 

“Aish, why didn’t she put cream on it?”

 

Onew leaned forward and pulled open the drawer. He took out a tube of “Cream Nivea”. He squeezed a pea size amount of cream on his index finger and softly soothed onto her cheek.

 

Onew eye’s lingered on Eunji’s face and he lightly chuckled. She’s so stubborn.

 

A light knock sounded on the door, snapping Onew out of his trance.

 

With one final look at Eunji, Onew heaved himself off the bed and walked towards the door.

 

Onew quietly opened the door, and to his great surprise the person he wanted least to see was there.

 

“What do you want?” grumbled Onew, not bothering to be polite with the younger male.

 

L.Joe pursed his lips. “I’m here to check on Eunjin.”

 

L.Joe tried making his way into the room, but Onew’s arm snapped forward, blocking his way.

 

“He’s sleeping.” He replied, smirking slightly.

 

L.Joe tightened his jaw. “You didn’t do anything to Eunjin?”

 

Onew raised an eyebrow. “What kind of person do you think I am?”

 

L.Joe looked away and nervously his lower lip. “I won’t forgive you if you hurt Eunjin.”

 

Onew let out a humourless laugh. “Wasn’t it your girlfriend that hurt him?”

 

“You mean ex-girlfriend­.”

 

“You dumped her?”

 

L.Joe nodded his head. “Eunjin is special to me, and if you do anything to hurt her I won’t just standby.”

 

Onew’s eye’s widened at his use of words. “Her?”

 

L.Joe smirked. “You can stop pretending, I know that Eunjin’s a girl.”


 

The first question MOST of you are thinking right now probably is, “HOW THE HECK DOES L.JOE KNOW?” and the second is, “DOES ONEW LIKE HER OR NOT?”

They shall be answered (Well, the first one mostly, you guys can guess for the second) in the next chapter ^.^

 

First, I received a couple of interesting comments last time. Yes, I know that NOBODY likes mean Onew; I personally like his dorky side more. BUT- This isn’t his permanent character and he is JUST going through some crazy denial…thing. Give him some time to adjust :D

Second, let me welcome our lovely new subscribers, “Hey guys >///<” <-----I’m very talkative.

GYAAAH~ Have a great Day Guys