Staying Warm

Master of Disguise

BANG

“Eunji-ah, I think you should—”

BANG, BANG

“—stop doing that; the door won’t open.”

BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG

“I SAID STOP!” Onew grabbed Eunji by the shoulders and yanked her away from the door.

“What’s your problem?” she muttered weakly, swaying back and forth.

Onew’s finger tenderly threaded through her sculp. “If you keep smashing your head against the door you’ll break it.”

“That’s the point,” she grumbled, groaning slightly.

“You’ll break your head not the door.” Chuckled Onew, helping Eunji sit down onto the floor.

Eunji rubbed her aching temples. “Do you have any better ideas?”

Onew sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. “We could just sleep in here.”

Eunji threw him a disturbed look. “Are you crazy? It’s too cold to sleep.”

Onew cleared his throat and pulled out a blanket from behind him. “Not if we use this.”

Eunji blinked twice, taken back. “Where did you find that?”

Onew flushed red and averted his gaze. “On the boxes over there, with…a…umm—”

Onew broke off, the tips of his ears turning red.

Eunji’s eyes tightened. “With what?”

Onew flushed. “There was a note on it.”

Eunji’s eyebrows scrunched together and she held her hand out impatiently. “Show it to me.”

Onew slowly took out the crumpled up pink note from his pocket and hesitantly dropped it onto Eunji’s out stretched palm.

Eunji gave him a weird look before unfolding the paper and reading the messy handwriting.

Hyung, try to share each other’s body heat to stay warm *wink wink* I’ll give you till morning to *ahem* BECOME A MAN! Be gentle and have lots of fun together (ahahaha xD)

-Jonghyun

Eunji glanced blankly at Onew, and the latter shrugged his shoulders innocently; silently saying I have nothing to do with this.

Eunji glared at Onew before ripping the paper into tiny little pieces. “YOU can keep the STUPID blanket, I DON’T need it.”

Onew winced as Eunji her side and laid down onto the cold floor, completely dismissing him.

His gaze traveled from the blanket in his arm to her quivering shoulders. Pabo.

With a soft smile on his face, Onew walked up to Eunji and gently wrapped the blanket around her body.

Eunji stiffened and sat up. “What—?”

Onew smiled tenderly. “I don’t need it.”

Eunji’s eyes darted hesitantly from the blanket on her to Onew’s gentle gaze.

“Don’t worry about me,” Onew affectionately ruffled her hair. “I’m not cold.”

Eunji’s neck flushed and she indigently slapped his hand away. “I’m not worrying about you.”

A look of hurt flashed in Onew’s eyes before he quickly replaced it with a strained smile.

“O-Okay, I’ll just lay down over there.”

Onew pushed himself off the floor and dejectedly walked to the other side of the room, his heart throbbing painfully.

A sneeze escaped Onew’s lips as he laid down onto the cold floor. He rubbed his hands together and blew softly on them, his breath visible in the cold room.

It’s not THAT cold, Onew’s shoulder’s shook violently. Okay, so it IS cold, but it’s not like I can’t handle it.

A soft sigh escaped Onew’s lips. As long as she isn’t cold, then I’m not going to complai—

Onew’s head snapped up, startled, as something dropped onto his head, and covered his body. “What’s happening—?”

“Don’t complain,” snapped Eunji, rearranging the blanket around Onew, wrapping as much of it around him as possible.

“B-But what about you?” Onew’s head spun with confusion.

Eunji averted her gaze. “We’ll share the blanket.”

Onew’s eyes widened and he started at her intently. “Are you sure? I-I don’t really need it.”

Eunji rolled her eyes and unintentionally touched his lips with her index finger. “Pabo, your lips are turning blue.”

Onew flushed scarlet. Realization dawned on Eunji and she immediately jerked her hand back. Flushing embarrassingly, she her side, giving Onew her back.

Warmth spread through Onew and he turned towards her a soft smile on his face.

He deliberately wrapped his arms around her, hugging her from behind, and drew her firmly against his chest.

Eunji stiffened and held her breath.

Onew rested his head on Eunji’s shoulder. “Eunji-ah, I-I’m sorry.”

Eunji stayed quiet, her heat beating wildly in her chest; Onew, thinking she was asleep, continued talking.

“I only wanted to help my mom, I-I didn’t think things would get this crazy. Jihyun knows I don’t love her, I told her that already, but she doesn’t care. She thinks that I’ll love her with time. But I don’t think that’s possible. I know that I only love you and that even if I spend every second with her, my feelings won’t change. I only see you Eunji. I only love you.”

Onew let out a frustrated sigh. “Even if you hate me, I’ll always love you.”

“I don’t hate you.” Eunji whispered softly.

Onew stiffened and let out a nervous laugh. “You were awake?”

Eunji took a deep breath and turned around, her eyes unusually soft and serene. “I said I don’t hate you.”

Onew drew in a startled breath, his eyes wide. “Y-You don’t?”

Eunji shook her head and averted her gaze. “Nope.”

“B-But I’m getting married.”

Eunji let out an agitated sigh and glared at him. “You’re right I almost forgot about that.” She angrily turned around, giving him her back.

“No, no.” Onew frantically grabbed her arms and turned her towards him, forcing her to lay down facing him.

“What?” she mumbled.

Onew gnawed on his lower lip, a warm feeling spreading through his body. “Since you don’t hate me, do you—”

He took a deep breath in and blushed. “Do you love me?”

Eunji casually shrugged her shoulders and gave him an intent look. “Meh.”

Onew’s lower lip jutted out adorably. “But you got upset when you found out that I was going to get married to Jihyun.”

“You’re NOT going to marry her.” Snapped Eunji, her neck flushing red.

Onew’s face lite up and he threw his arms around her. “You do love me.”

Eunji turned scarlet and tried shaking off Onew’s grip. “Yah, get off.”

Onew drew back and yanked Eunji into his arms, forcing her to rest her head on his chest.

“Yah!” Eunji’s protested weakly, not really minding Onew’s warm embrace.

Onew smiled innocently. “We have to stay warm, don’t we?”

Eunji clucked her tongue in amusement, before closing her eyes and trying to sleep.

“Eunji-ah,” whispered Onew after a moment of silence. “What are we going to do?”

“Don’t worry about it,” murmured Eunji. “I’ll take care of everything.”

Onew’s arms around Eunji tightened. “I don’t want to marry her.”

“You won’t.” Reassured Eunji, her voice firm.

Onew hesitantly bit his lower lip before leaning in and pressing a soft kiss to Eunji’s cheek.

“Good night.” He whispered softly.

Eunji flushed and grumbled back an unintelligent response; her heart beating wildly in her chest. “Night.”

Onew smiled shyly, hugging Eunji closer to him and closed his eyes before he slowly faded into a deep and peaceful sleep.

And for the first time in a while—Onew didn’t have a nightmare.

 

 


GYAHHH~! Onew why must you be so damn cute??? 

If you guys think the problems are over, be warned, there are SOME just waiting around the corner xD