The Mysterious Woman

Master of Disguise

“I PASSED!”

 

Jonghyun gave me a bitter look. “Yeah I know, stop bragging already.”

 

I stuck my tongue out. “You’re just jealous because I got a higher mark than you.”

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Anyone can get a good mark if Onew tutors them.”

 

“But he tutored you too.” I teased.

 

Jonghyun glared at me. “Whatever, it’s probably because I didn’t sleep well last night.”

 

“Too busy talking to your girlfriend?”

 

“One of them.” Corrected Minho, coming up behind me.

 

I turned around and noticed Onew, who wore a sullen expression, following dazedly behind Minho.

 

I beamed at Onew and, with a childlike eagerness, shoved my test into his hand.

 

“What—?” Onew glanced at the paper in confusion.

 

His eyes widened in astonishment as he took notice of the mark written at the top of the page.

 

“Wow, eighty-eight percent?”

 

 “What can I say? I’m a genius.”

 

“Wow, Eunjin I’m so happy for you!” Onew affectionately ruffled my hair, a strained smile on his face.

 

“Y-Yah.” I have half-heartedly swatted his hand away.

 

“We should celebrate.” Announced Key, overhearing the last part of the conversation.

 

“Why?” I asked suspiciously.

 

“Because miraculous like this only happen once in a life time.” He retorted smugly.

 

I shrugged. “He has a point.”

 

“Let’s go to the arcade!” declared Minho.

 

“No, that’s a waste of time, how about the mall?”

 

“Ummm guys…?”

 

“Ugh, that’s an awful idea. We should go to a club.”

 

“But we’re underage.”

 

“I have something to say…”

 

“It won’t take long to make a couple of fake I.D.”

 

“But—”

 

“I CAN’T GO.” Onew shouted, causing everyone to snap their mouths shut.

 

“Why not?” Key asked cautiously.

 

“I have to meet up with someone.” Onew muttered dejectedly.

 

“Who? A girl?” Key asked, a horrified look crossing his face.

 

“No Einstein, Onew’s gonna meet up with a hot guy.” Minho rolled his eyes sarcastically.

 

“What’s wrong with Onew dating a guy?” Grumbled Jonghyun, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

 

I stepped, rather harshly, on Jonghyun’s foot. “You guys, Onew is meeting up with his dad.”

 

“Ohhh.”

 

I glanced at Onew with my eyebrows furrowed. “I guess we can celebrate my genius-ness tomorrow.”

 

“Genius-ness isn’t a word,” Onew murmured numbly.

 

I rolled my eyes. “To me it is.”

 

“Stop flirting you two,” teased Jonghyun.

 

I rolled my eyes, fed up with Jonghyun’s quirky comments, and gave Onew a bright, encouraging smile. 

 

“Have fun!”

 

Onew opened his mouth, and then shut it. He plastered a smile on his face.

 

“I’ll try to.” He mumbled and walked, shoulder slumped, out the building.

 

The moment he was out of sight Jonghyun leaned towards me and whispered. “You don’t actually believe that he’s meeting up with his dad, do you?”

 

“Oh, of course not! I think that Onew is lying and that he’s actually going to a stripper’s club.”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes doubled in size. “He is?”

 

I leaned loser in and whispered in a dramatic voice. “In fact, I attached a tracking device to his jacket and I’m going to be following him everywhere he goes.”

 

Jonghyun’s face burst into a wide smile and he started walking towards our dorms. “That’s the spirit! I’ll go grab a pair of disguises and—UGH!”

 

I grabbed him by the collar and stared him dead in the eyes. “I was being sarcastic you idiot.”

 

Jonghyun pouted. “But he combed his hair, shaved, and wore cologne. Isn’t that suspicious enough?”

 

I rolled my eyes melodramatically. “Jonghyun, weren’t you the one who wanted me to build a trusting relationship with Onew?”

 

Jonghyun winced and before he could come up with a good retort, I my heel and headed for the cafeteria.

 

I tried my best to ignore my nagging conscious which seemed to suggest that something did seem off about Onew.

 

 

***Author’s POV***

 

With thick designer sunglasses, a white wig and a brown trench coat, Jonghyun was able to bring his previous disguise back to life.

 

“Now where did that punk disappear off to?” murmured Jonghyun, snapping his phone shut.

 

Jonghyun stood stranded at the corner of an intersection in the middle of downtown Seoul. His eyes darted back and forth, looking for any sign of Onew. If Eunjin won’t follow him, I will.

 

“Kim Jonghyun?!”

 

“The one and only.” Jonghyun replied exhaustedly, as if he was a celebrity that constantly got asked that question.

 

He turned around and to his great surprise, and dismay, he found Hyorin standing in front of him, one hand cocked on her hip.

 

“What are you doing here?” They both hissed at each other, a tense atmosphere emerging.

 

She raised her eyebrows. “What? Cant a girl go shopping?”

 

“Did you see Onew?”

 

Hyorin rolled her eyes. “Umm, no. Why would I see hi—EKK!”

 

Skillfully, Jonghyun yanked Hyorin into his arms and buried his face into her hair.

 

“Stand still.” He whispered softly, sneaking a look past her shoulders.

 

Hyorin froze, her heart beating rapidly. “W-What are you doing?”

 

Jonghyun didn’t answer; his eyes were glued to Onew, who had literarily appeared out of nowhere.

 

Onew walked past them, a dazed look on his face.

 

Jonghyun let out a sigh of relief.

 

Just then a soft, musical voice called out. “Honey!”

 

Jonghyun slowly turned around, with Hyorin still in his arms, and saw a gorgeous woman, with long blond hair and a soft, heart-shaped face.

 

Jonghyun glanced around, trying to look for this “honey” person. But the only other guy that was near the woman was Onew.

 

“Jonghyun what the heck are you doing?” squeaked Hyorin, trying to shove Jonghyun off her.

 

Jonghyun held on tightly, ignoring her protests.

 

It was at that precise moment that Onew happened to reach the woman.

 

The woman threw her arms around Onew and drew him towards her.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened. S-She’s choking him!

 

Just as Jonghyun was about to yell something out, the woman stood on her tiptoes and planted a chaste kiss on Onew’s cheek.

 

Jonghyun felt the blood leave his face and a sort of dizziness washed over him. It can’t be…

 

Hyorin shoved Jonghyun off, and this time Jonghyun let her.

 

“Y-You’re such a jerk!” She hissed, tears of anger welling up in her eyes.

 

Jonghyun numbly shook his head, unaware that Hyorin had left. All that Jonghyun could do was stare at the back of the man whom he once thought he knew.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes tightened. N-No, it has to be some weird misunderstanding.

 

The beautiful woman entwined her hand with Onew’s hand and smiled shyly at him.

 

Jonghyun’s hands turned into fists and anger overwhelmed all of his senses.

 

Jonghyun let out an agitated growl.

 

“I’m going to find out what the is going on.” He hissed.

 

Without a second thought, Jonghyun strolled forward his eyes locked on the two couple in front of him.

 


 

Oh Onew, what have you done?

Any thoughts to who this Mysterious Woman could be? And what do you guys think her relationship to Onew is?