Swimming With Sharks

Master of Disguise

“W-what?”

 

Key sighed in annoyance. “Why does everything seem to surprise you?”

 

Ignoring Key’s comment I stared at Onew in bewilderment. “What suddenly brought this on?”

 

Onew, who was leaning against the wall, shrugged his shoulders indifferently. “We’re done all of our exams, I see no reason not to celebrate.”

 

Taemin who was lying on my bed, nodded his head excitedly. “I think it’s a great idea.”

 

Jjong nodded his head in agreement. “We haven’t been to the beach in a while.”

 

“I-I don’t think it’s a good idea.” I mumbled, shrinking back into my chair.

 

“Why not?” challenged Onew, a dark look crossing his face.

 

My heart skipped a beat. Why is he staring at me like that?

 

Minho cocked his head to the side. “Onew has a point. There is no reason for you not to come with us.”

 

“Unless you’re hiding something from us.” Teased Jjong, lightly poking me in the side.

 

I furiously shook my head and let out a nervous chuckle. “O-of course not.” I’m so freaking screwed.

 

“I’ll call some friends and see if they want to come with us to the beach.” Jjong deviously took his phone out and exited the room.

 

“I’ll go pack my swimming suit.” Taemin happily bounced off the bed and ran out of the room.

 

I squirmed uncomfortably in my chair. How do I get out of this one?

 

I felt a piercing pair of eyes staring me down. I glanced up and caught Onew’s gaze. Without breaking eye contact with me a dark, challenging smile formed on Onew’s lips.

 

The temperature in the room suddenly dropped. A chill went over me and I shuddered; goose bumps formed on my arm. It’s almost like he’s doing this on purpose.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“GYAH! Eunjin-oppa don’t I look pretty in my swimming suit.”

 

Hyorin placed a hand on her hip and arched her back, showing off her cleavage. That earned her a couple of whistles from nearby guys who were entranced by her little show.

 

“Lovely,” I grumbled, and then watched in amusement as Jjong picked her up and threw her into the water.

 

“Why did you invite her?” I hissed to Key, who was lazily stretched, like a cat, on the sand.

 

Key lazily peeled off his sunglasses. “Because I thought you might need some company.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “I’m perfectly capable of socializing with others.”

 

Key snickered and lowered his sunglasses. “Yeah, that’s why you’re hiding under that umbrella.”

 

“I’m not hiding.” I grumbled, folding my arms over my chest.

 

“Eunjin come join us! The water’s great.” Hollered Taemin. He started laughing hysterically as he splashed Minho, catching him off guard.

 

I shook my head and cowered back into the shadow that the colourful umbrella provided.

 

“Ommo! Oppa you look so handsome!” Squealed a petit girl with short blonde hair, staring dazedly at someone behind me.

 

I followed her gaze and felt myself turn a dark shade of red.

 

Onew, who was walking towards us, was wearing a pair of dark red shorts, sandals and of course no shirt. His hair glistened in the sun, giving off a red sheen.

 

“You think I would have gotten used to shirtless guys by now.” I muttered under my breath.

 

“Yah Eunjin, why aren’t you in the water?” Onew inquired innocently.

 

“Apparently he doesn’t have swimming shorts.” answered Key, as he applied a bottle of lotion on his arm.

 

Onew raised his eyebrows and a slow predatory smile formed on his lips.

 

My eyes tightened suspiciously as the he neared me. “What are you–“

 

“AHHH-PUT ME DOWN!” I screamed.

 

I struggled as Onew effortlessly lifted me off the sand and confidently strolled towards the water.

 

“PUT ME DOWN YOU SON OF A–”

 

“You asked for it.” teased Onew as he mercilessly dumped me into the water.

 

I yelped as the cold water made contact with my skin. AHH! So cold!

 

I irritably stayed under the water for a good three seconds before angrily emerging out.

 

“What was that for?”

 

“Just helping you have some fun.” He snickered darkly.

 

I blinked twice, taken back by his tone of voice.

 

The chuckled and laughter from the rest of the guys filled the beach.

 

“Do you need some help?” asked the same petit blonde girl, offering me her hand.

 

“It’s okay Luna. Eunjin can get up on his own.” Onew coldly turned around and walked out of the water. He sat beside Key, and immediately the two started talking.

 

Luna shrugged her shoulder and quickly ran after Onew.

 

I clucked my tongue in disgust. Why is she following him around like a puppy?

 

“Hey Eunjin why don’t you take your shirt off and let it dry?” Key suddenly called out, laughing innocently.

 

Onew’s smirk did not go unnoticed by me.

 

 “Let’s help him out of it!” Jjong tackled me into the water.

 

An excited squeal escaped Hyorin’s lips and she excitedly clapped her hands.

 

“YAH!” I yelled right before I was completely submerged under the water.

 

The sudden impact of me crashing into the water caused the bobby pins on my head to break loose, and my wig to float off. !

 

I reached for my wig, only to have my foot be ruthlessly grabbed by Jjong.

 

I furiously kicked and thrashed out of Jjong’s grip.

 

“What’s this?” Minho picked up my wig and held it out.

 

“Eww!” squealed Hyorin, running away from the wet hair piece.

 

Minho, talking out some of his resentment, started chasing Hyorin around with the wig.

 

I remained hidden under the water and, noticing that everyone was momentarily distracted, slowly started swimming away from the shallow water and into the deep sea. Knowing that I would soon run out of air, I swam faster.

 

“Umm guys, where did Eunjin go?” asked Taemin, frantically viewing the area.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

With great difficulty I heaved myself onto a nearby abandoned rocky ledge.

 

I coughed and spluttered out some water that I had accidentally swallowed.

 

Once out of the water I started shaking uncontrollably as the cold wind swept over my wet figure.

 

“S-s-.” My teeth clanked together and my hands violently shook.

 

I crawled over to a huge rock and crouched into a small ball. I knew this was a bad idea. Now what do I do?

 

I groggily glanced around and noticed the sun had started to set. Oh great-how can this day get any worse?

 

“You cause too much trouble.”

 

At the sound of his voice I stiffened up, my heart beating painfully fast. I just had to ask, didn’t I?

 

Onew climbed down the large rocks with great ease. He boldly strolled over to where I was huddled and towered over me.

 

“Cold?” he asked. His eyes emotionlessly scanning my wet clothe.

 

“You dropped something.” Onew flickered his wrist, throwing the wet wig on the floor to my feet.

 

I kept my gaze downwards, avoiding any sort of eye contact.

 

Onew sighed and crouched in front of me. “Come on, Eunji a little water can’t hurt that much.”

 

My head snapped up and I gasped in shock.

 

“Surprized?” he chuckled darkly and reached out, letting his hand run down my long hair.

 

I flinched away from his touch.

 

He huffed in frustration and dropped his hand, a faraway look crossing his features. “And to think that you actually had me fooled.”

 

“Onew I didn’t mean t-”

 

“Was it fun?” he asked, sadness seeping into his voice.

 

“W-what was?” I choked out.

 

“Making a fool out of me.” He abruptly stood up and turned his back to me.

 

“You can’t tell anyone.” I urged anxiously, wobbly standing up.

 

Onew swiftly turned around, anger evident on his face. “Is that what you’re worrying about? That I’ll somehow reveal your secret?”

 

I numbly nodded my head, too startled to utter a word.

 

A slow predatory smile formed on his face and his hand snapped forward capturing a strand of my hair.

 

“You know what? I think I can keep you’re secret,” he lazily twirled the strand of hair that he held. “But it’ll require some work on your part.”

 


GYAHHH~ DID ONEW JUST--?? Did he say what I think he just said?? OMG!! What exactly is he suggesting?! Even I, the author, am extremely curious to what Onew is planning in that LOVELY head of his (◠‿◠)

The moment of truth has arrived! (Was it what you guys expected? Did you guys like it? i'm nevrous to hear what you ALL have to say) 

I plan to update the next chappie REALLY soon----> I have the week off so stay tuned >_<

 

~~♥Comments are LOVED and very motivational♥~~