Request

Master of Disguise

“You look tired,”

Eunji winced as she stretched her arms over her head, “I stayed up really late.”

Onew gave her an odd look as he picked his tie off the bed and wrapped it around his neck. “Didn’t you fall asleep the same time I did?”

Eunji yawned as she picked her bag off the floor. “Nope.”

Onew briefly glanced at Eunji in confusion before turning his attention back to his knotted tie. “So...what were you doing?”

Eunji watched Onew struggle with his time before flinging her bag off her shoulders, walking up to Onew and slapping his hand off the tie. “What are you trying to do? Strangle yourself?”

Onew blushed as Eunji wrapped her arm around his neck and started untangling his tie. “I guess I’m just too clumsy.”

Eunji rolled her eyes as she gently started fixing up his tie. “You really need to start learning how to do it.”

“Why do I need to learn, when I have you?”

Eunji snorted in amusement as she took a step back to admire her work. “Much better.”

Onew flashed her a crooked smile before winking in exaggeration. “Like what you see?”

Eunji rolled her eyes as she picked her bag off the floor. “Remind me why I like you again?”

Onew’s eyes twinkled in amusement. “You don’t like me, you love me.”

Eunji straightened up, her face slightly flushed as she raised her eyebrows in start. “Where did all this confidence come from?”

Onew chuckled lightly, before abruptly stopping, his eyebrows furrowed together. “Yah, you still didn’t tell me, what were you doing last night?”

Eunji nonchalantly stepped into her black leather shoes, “Things.”

Onew’s eyes tightened suspiciously. “What type of things?”

Eunji shrugged her shoulders. “You’ll have to ask Jonghyun.”

Onew’s eyes double in size. “WHAT? You were with Jonghyun?!”

Eunji blinked back in start. “Yah, why are you yelling in the morning?”

Onew scratched his head in disbelief. “W-Where did you guys meet up?”

“His room.” Eunji’s lower lip twitched into a smile, starting to realize why Onew was getting so agitated.

Onew’s face paled even further. “W-WHAT? HIS R-ROOM?”

After taking a deep breath in, he quickly mumbled. “What did you talk about? What did he say to you? Why were you guys meeting up so late? How long did you meet up for? What was—?”

“I have to get to class,” interrupted Eunji, smiling innocently as she gave Onew a quick peak on the cheek. “See you later.”

Onew followed her numbly out the door, his face still pale. “YAH! YOU DIDN’T ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!”

Eunji chuckled lightly as she scurried down the hallway, leaving behind a very agitated Onew.

“Aish,” Onew pouted angrily and childishly stomped back into his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Stop it. You’re practically burning a hole through his back.” Whispered Key, elbowing Onew in the ribs.

“Hmm,” Onew grunted in response, his eyes locked on the Eunji and Jonghyun, who, in his opinion, were sitting a tad too close to each other.

“Yah Onew, snap out of it.” Hissed Key glancing at his Prof in worry, whom had his back turned to the class as he wrote something probably important on the board.

Onew’s eyes widened as Jonghyun glanced hesitantly at his prof’s unturned back, before leaning forwards and whispering something in Eunji’s ear.

Onew gasped in astonishment before muttering to himself, “YAH! That little…”

“Mr. Lee?”

Onew’s head snapped towards his professor, a startled look on his face. “Yes?”

The Prof raised his eyebrows, “Oh nothing really important,” he muttered sarcastically. “I only wanted to stop class to ask you how you were feeling today.”

Onew awkwardly rubbed the back of his head. “Well, sir, now that you mention it, I do feel—”

Key slapped his hand over his face in frustration.

“OF COURSE NOT YOU IDIOT!” Snapped the Prof causing everyone in class to flinch.

Onew winced, and ducked his head. “Sorry sir.”

The Prof sent him an annoyed look before turning to the class just as the bell rang. “Study chapters eight through twenty, those will be on your final. Good luck.”

Onew was about to get out of his seat when his professor spoke again. “Onew?”

Onew cast a distracted look at Eunji, who was walking out the classroom with Jonghyun by her side. “Erm, yes sir?”

The Prof smiled sadistically. “Where are you going?”

Onew slung his bag over his shoulder, his eyes still locked on the door. “To my dorm room.”

Wrong. You’re staying here with me.”

Onew’s head snapped towards his professor in dread. “W-What are you talking about?”

The Prof sat on his chair and tapped his wrist watch. “You have 45 minutes of detention, starting now.”

Onew shook his head fiercely. “But I have plans today.”

“Cancel them,” was the Prof’s cruel reply.

Onew stamped his foot childishly and turned to Key. “Yah! You should have warned me.”

Key threw his hands up in the air in frustration and started walking out the classroom, shaking his head. “Amazing, simply amazing. Not only is he physically challenged, he’s also deaf.”

Onew’s face scrunched up in annoyance as he sent on final bitter look at door. Jonghyun is so frigging dead.

Onew pulled his phone out, giving his Prof an exasperated look. “Can I at least call someone to cancel my plans?”

The prof sighed in exaggeration. “Fine, but on your way back bring me a cup of coffee.”

Onew smiled forcedly. “Sure.”

“Make sure they make it without any sugar and cream. I like my coffee black.”

“Just like you’re heart,” grumbled Onew shuffling out of the classroom.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY YOU PUNK?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sorry Jihyun-ah, I can’t make it today.”

The there was a slight pause on other line, followed by a weary. “Why not?”

Onew bowed politely to the cashier as he picked up the coffee cup off the table.

“I have detention,” he muttered glumly.

“Ahh really? Mom and Dad are going to be disappointed that you didn’t come.”

“I promise to make it next time okay?” Onew stepped out of the café, which was right beside his school, and started heading towards his classroom.

“….”

“Jihyun-ah?” Onew stopped walking and glance at his phone, checking to see if the phone call hadn’t accidently ended. It hadn’t.

“It’s okay; you don’t need to promise me anything Oppa.”

“What…do you mean?”

Jihyun took a deep breath in, “Oppa, you haven’t been exactly keeping your promises lately.”

Onew lowered the cup of coffee on the sidewalk and leaned against the wall. “Jihyun, I’m sorry but today really wasn’t something I planned.”

“Oh really Oppa? What about our wedding promises, will you be able to keep those?”

Onew clenched his eyes shut. “Sorry Jihyun,” was all he was able to say.

Jihyun cleared her suddenly horse throat. “Whatever, it’s okay Oppa. I-I’ll just talk to you later.”

“Jihyun-ah,”

“…yes?”

Onew sighed. “I’m really sorry.”

“No Oppa, I’m the one who’s sorry.” Whispered Jihyun, before hanging up.

Onew rubbed his aching forehead. “Aigoo.”

A sudden feeling of guilt overwhelmed him as he tried sorting out what to do. “She deserves better than this.”

Just as Onew was about to turn his phone off, his eyes landed on one of his contacts, and an idea popped into his mind. Maybe, just maybe…

His finger hovered over the person’s name, unsure whether or not he should call him.

“Eunji said not to get involved,” he muttered. “But I’m not. All I’m going to do is help two friends catch up with each other. Yeah that’s it.”

Satisfied with his excuse, Onew clicked on the person’s name and raised the phone to his ear.

“Hello?”

“Ah, Minho, I was wondering if I could ask you for a favour?”

 

*Slaps forhead*

>< Eunji is sooooo going to kill him.

BUT OMG WHO COULD POSSIBLY GET ANGRY AT SOMEONE LIKE ONEW?!

He's cute when he's angry, cute when he's frustarted, cute when he's jealous..And then he has his moments when he's extremely hot O.o don't know how the guy can manage all that *sigh*