Breaking up or Making out?

Master of Disguise

It took a moment for the information to sink in. “Onew’s dad’s runs a bakery?”

“Mr. Lee had a famous, family run, bakery.”

My eyes tightened. “You said had. Does that mean…?”

L.Joe hung his head in shame. “Yeah, it’s no longer operating.”

I clenched my eyes shut. “Why would you do such a thing?”

L.Joe sighed regretfully. “If I knew that this would also impact you, then I wouldn’t have done it.”

My eyes slowly opened. “What do you mean impact you?”

L.Joe took a deep breath in and let out a humorless laugh. “I guess right now isn’t the best time to confess to you.”

I stared blankly at him. “Confess?”

L.Joe gazed at the sky with a soft expression on his face. “I don’t know when or how you started coming into my heart. Maybe it was your cheerful behavior? Your bright smile? Your stubborn attitude? Somehow I ended up looking forward to meeting with you.”

“I don’t know what to say.” I stared at him with a baffled look on my face.

L.Joe smiled weakly. “Ever since I was forced to break up with Seohyun, I’ve been so alone. No one would dare approach me and I didn’t want anyone’s company. But you—”

L.Joe broke off and laughed at the memory. “You didn’t care how I acted; you just wanted to be my friend. From the first day that you walked into my room, I knew that you were special, and that I would end up caring about you.”

I took a deep breath in and calmly said, “L.Joe, I think I was just there at the right time. You were just lonely because Seohyun wasn’t around.”

I then hurriedly added, “You know that I only think of you as a friend, but don’t worry, when all this is all over and you get back together with Seohyun you’ll forget all about me.”

L.Joe smiled weakly. “Somehow I doubt that. Just know one thing, if Onew ever hurts you, I’ll always be there for you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 “Aish!”

I collapsed on my bed, my head throbbing uncontrollably. This is so messed up.

I rolled over onto my stomach and pursed my lips. What to do, what to do?

I repeatedly beat my head down onto the mattress. Think, think, think—

“Are you purposefully trying to kill off brain cells?”

I reluctantly raised my head and peered into a pair of semi amused eyes.

“What do you want Key?” I grumbled, not in the mood for his quirky comments.

Key rolled his eyes and strolled further into my room, acting like he owned the place. “Onew isn’t back yet?”

“Clearly he isn’t.”

Key fixed me with glare. “I can see that. Well when he returns tell him to give me back my new head phones. I need something to distract me form that awful racket that the train makes.”

My ears quirked. “Train?”

Key raised his eyebrows in disbelief. “You haven’t noticed? Every time it passes by it practically shakes up the earth. You wouldn’t even be able to hear yourself screaming!”

I sprang out of bed, my eyes twinkling brightly. “Key, you’re a genius!”

Key sighed dramatically. “And you just found out?”

Too excited to deal with his cocky behavior, I grabbed my phone and sprang out of the room, a plan unfolding in my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Author’s POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunji flew down the hallway, and crashed straight into an unsuspecting, extremely good looking, bystander.

“Sorr—JONGHYUN!”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened and he let out a curse. “H-Hey.”

 Eunji, too excited to notice Jonghyun’s discomfort, cheerfully asked, “Where’s Onew?”

Jonghyun paled. “O-Onew?”

She rolled her eyes impatiently. “Yes. He’s 177 cm tall, has light brown hair, a sharp Adam’s apple and likes to trip over his own feet. Have you seen him?”

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders. “I-I don’t think so. “

Eunji pursed her lips. “He hasn’t come back from meeting with his dad?”

Jonghyun averted his gaze. “A-A bout that, you see—”

“I’m, right here.”

Onew’s soft, velvet voice spoke up from behind Jonghyun. Eunji’s smile slipped off her face as she took in Onew’s crestfallen expression, his slumped shoulders and his sad gaze.

Feeling more determined than ever, Eunji plastered a cheerful smile on her face. “Onew, come with me for a minute, I wanna show you something.”

Jonghyun locked eyes with Onew, and the two men shared a heavy look.

Jonghyun was the first to break eye contact. He shoved his hands into his pockets and slumped his shoulders.

“Fine, just try to break it to him gently.” He whispered and after sending Eunji a sad smile, Jonghyun his heel and left.

“What’s his problem?” Mumbled Eunji.

Onew smiled lightly. “Nothing, let’s go?”

Giddy with excitement, Eunji grabbed Onew’s wrist and dragged him to their awaited destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The pond?” Onew stared curiously at his surroundings.

Eunji stifled a laugh. “Yes Onew, I came all this way just to show you the school’s pond.”

“Why?”

Eunji dropped her gaze and self-consciously rubbed the back of her neck. “You seemed kind of stressed lately and I thought I might help you relieve some of that tension.”

Onew’s eyes softened, touched by her words. “Eunji…”

She hurriedly explained. “Whenever I feel upset or really angry I would find myself a train track.”

Confusion clouded Onew’s eyes. “A train track?”

Eunji pointed towards the newly built train track that sat, past the pond, on a nearby hill.

“When the train comes, and no one can hear you, just scream as loud as you can.”

“Scream?”

Eunji nodded her head. “Yes it feels good, trust me.”

Just then the all-to-familiar sound of the train engine running, sounded throughout the valley.

Eunji’s eye lite up excitedly and she glanced at the nervous Onew. “I’ll show you.”

Eunji opened and as the train flew by she screamed as loud as she could, her voice impossible to hear over the train’s rumble.

When she was out of breath, she nudged Onew. “Your turn.”

Onew hesitantly opened his mouth and let out a quiet. “Ah…”

She snorted. “Is that all you have? And here I thought you were ready to explode.”

Onew cleared his throat and clenched his eyes shut.

After a couple of seconds, he opened his mouth and yelled as loud as he could. He yelled until his whole body felt sore. He yelled until his mind was too exhausted to think about his worries. He yelled and yelled.

“Oh god.” Onew reached out and steadied himself on a nearby tree.

“It’s amazing, isn’t it?” Eunji’s cheeks were rosy red and her eyes livid with excitement.

Onew, for the first time that day, truly smiled. He weakly reached out and ruffled her hair affectionately.

“You’re not going to be able to talk tomorrow at all.”

Eunji it down on her lower lip and smiled hesitantly. “Does it matter? It was worth it to see you smile.”

"Eunji..." Onew's eyes softened.

He reached out and tenderly Eunji’s cheek. Her breath caught in and she lowered her gaze, a flustered look on her face.

As Onew's hand travelled down her face, it left behind a hot trail of fire as it finally came to rest on the nape of her neck.

His gaze landed on Eunji’s soft, pink lips and a look of indecision made its way into his eyes. I came here to break up with her, but what am I doing now?

Eunji peered at Onew's face with gentle eyes that were filled with concern. "Are you okay?"

The look in her eyes made up Onew's mind.

Without any further hesitation, Onew leaned in and pressed his lips against hers in a soft, tender kiss. Eunji's eyes were wide, opened in shock, before they finally fluttered shut. A soft gasp escaped her lips as Onew tangled his hands through her hair, drawing her closer to him. Through the thin fabric of his shirt, Eunji felt Onew’s heart beating just as wildly as hers. 

Onew slowly drew back, his cheeks flaming red and lowered his gaze, shocked at his impulsive actions. “S-Sorry.”

Onew misinterpreted Eunji’s silence for anger, and while averting his gaze he mumbled. “I-I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have acted to rashly; I promise it won’t happen again—”

Eunji stood on her tip toes and pressed her lips against Onew’s, effectively shutting him up.

When she drew back, her lips were slightly parted, her face was flushed red, and her eyes were wide with excitement.

“Pabo,” she whispered, smiling at him through her eyelashes.

In the distance a man spoke, without emotion, into his ear piece. "Yes Ma'am, they are now no longer kissing.”

The response was immediate and dark. "I’m going to make sure that they break up permanently."

And then, Eunji’s phone started to ring.

 


 

 

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~~~ *Fangirl scream*

The long awaited kiss, has finally taken place ^^

I hope it was up to expectation >///< To me it was just...*squeal* I wanna be Eunji!!

I hope YOU lovelies enjoyed it~

Xoxoxo