Chapter 9

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Three girls were sitting in Yuri’s cozy living room. Yuri on one side, Krystal with Victoria on another. After Yuri put some bandage on Victoria’s wound and after that poor clumsy girl managed to trip over a chair, they kept sitting in silence.

“So… why are you here? Are you trying to change my mind, kiddo?”

“Uhm… My name is Krystal. And I’m not a kiddo anymore. I’m seventeen.”

“Fine, Krystal… Why are you here?”

“I asked Victoria a favor. She will tell you her story and I’m actually pretty sure, you will change your mind about my sister after that.”

“It’s not gonna work,” Yuri shook her head. “I won’t change my mind.”

“Just listen to her, give it a try. It won’t hurt you.”

“You’re right… it won’t hurt, right? So tell me, what you want to say.” Yuri looked at Victoria, but she still looked like she’s not interested. Yuri wanted to end this already so she decided not to protest. She knew she will be forced into this anyway. The Chinese girl sighed and started with her broken Korean.

“So, like I said, my name’s Victoria and I came to Korea nearly two years ago. I knew nobody here, so I was very happy, when I got to know those two boys. Nichkhun and Wooyoung.” Victoria’s eyes got teary and Krystal caressed her back. “Well… I was seeing them and eventually fell for Nichkhun. I’ve never loved anybody this much before… And to be honest, I still love him. We were dating for a year and since I was suspicious about him – I mean, he never invited me home and stuffs like that - he decided to tell me his biggest secret. He told me, that he and Wooyoung aren’t normal people. He told me, that they are servants of the devil. He told me everything and also… he said he will fight for our love no matter what. He wanted to go against the whole Hell, just for our love…” Victoria started to sob and one tear rolled on her cheek.

“It’s… All those memories… It’s terrible, it’s killing me… but it’s also beautiful… and precious… I know… I know Nichkhun’s love for me was real, so don’t think that… that they don’t have emotions or feelings just because they’re not ordinary people. But my story doesn’t have a happy end. Nichkhun… he… Asmodis, the Devil, Krystal’s father… he wasn’t exactly happy, when he found out Nichkhun revealed his secret… More specifically, he was mad as hell. He called him and me up into his… office, chamber or however I should call it. He let Nichkhun choose. He told him, it’s either his love or his life. Khun… Khun told him there’s no way he would let go of me… He said he would rather die than say he doesn’t love me anymore…”

Victoria gulped and sobbed several times. By now Yuri’s eyes were slowly getting teary and even the tough Krystal looked like she’s about to cry. “Asmodis got even angrier. He locked Nichkhun up and after some time, he gave him to the death souls. He let them do anything they want to him. I… I don’t want to know, how much he had to suffer… And I’m cursed. Asmodis cursed me. Oh well… I think I’m not that important for him to curse me personally, so I just think some of his servants did it. It’s a bad luck curse. That’s why I keep tripping, why I always drop things on the floor and why everything I touch break down. But I can live with that. Wooyoung… Wooyoung ended up unpunished. Asmodis never found out he was a part of it, so he could inform me later that Nichkhun couldn’t take all of that torture anymore and he rather killed himself, before he could get murdered by those bad souls.”

All three of them were already crying their eyes out. Victoria kept silent, so Yuri asked: “Why are you telling me this?” her voice cracked. “You want me to go for my love, even though you ended up cursed and your boyfriend is dead? You really think that’s a good advice? I want to live… And I want Jessica to live too.”

“Maybe you think I’m stupid and selfish, but what I’m trying to say… if I could go back in time, I would do the same thing again.”

“Why? He… died.” Yuri didn’t understand.

“Yes, he did. When I found out I wanted to kill myself too, but because of that stupid curse I survived every single one of my suicide attempts. I always ended up with broken bones, with bruises, bleeding wounds, but I always survived. Now, after few months, when I think about it… that one year I spent with Khun was definitely worth it. He showed me, what a true love is. If I’d dump him, after he told me his secret, I would never ever found out what a true love is.”

“Well… but that’s not my case, it’s not worth it for me,” Yuri said confidently, but she kept looking on the ground. She was really confused. Is it really worth it? Really?

“If that’s the case… I’m sorry to say that, I don’t want to offend you, but you are an idiot. Nichkhun was just ordinary guard, he had only small magical power. Krystal told me about her plan. She and Jessica are Devil’s daughters, their power is enormous. If they manage to get more people, they chances will incredibly increase. It’s really possible, they could defeat the Devil, they could win. Besides Asmodis has no idea about this, it will catch him off guard.”

Yuri slowly nodded. She was still confused and hesitating. She wasn’t sure what to do. Okay… She already admitted to herself, that she really loves Jessica, but… “Hey, Yuri,” Krystal said. “Victoria lied a little. My plan… Our chances are not that huge.  My plan is absolutely crazy and possibility of success basically equals zero.”

Victoria looked at Krystal, slightly confused. “I wanted to help.”

“And you did. But misleading information won’t help. Yuri needs to know the truth and the truth is our chances are minimal. Good thing, they exist. Maybe I’m little bit too much optimist, but I hope. No, I believe. Me and Jess... We’re not in this alone. We have an angel and also one of the most powerful commanders of the Hell on our side. And I’m pretty sure we’ll manage to get more.”

“Wooyoung could help too. I believe he still didn’t forgive Asmodis for Khun’s death,” Victoria suggested all of sudden. And Krystal immediately nodded.

“Yeah, great idea, I haven’t thought of him before. That’s another one. If you forgive Jessica, if you believe, that she loves you… we will fight. We will have something to fight for. And that something is love. Well, huge battle is actually only the matter of a time, since Asmodis is crazy and we would have to defeat him soon or later, but you…. You would be a great abettor. Maybe… just maybe, you could force Jessica to fight her best and lead her to the victory. I mean, she’s like one of the most powerful demon’s out there.”

“So you want to defeat Master of the Hell?”

Krystal nodded. “If we kill him, all riots will disappear. And nobody will be against you and Jessica. Well… even though Dominus might be a problem too…. I have to find out, what’s the situation in Heaven, I don’t want to make bad conclusions. Anyways, if you want to know what a true love is, if you really like Jessica, you will go for it.”

Yuri bit her lip. She might die in this fight… but… she really cares about Jessica… but… is it really worth it? “I-I-I-I don’t know,” she stuttered.

“Take your time. Think about it.  But please, don’t take too long, my sister keeps crying and I can’t bear it.” Krystal took a piece of paper out of her pocket. “After you make your decision, you know where to find me. Or just call me, here’s my business card.”

Victoria slightly smiled. She was still tearing. “Krystal, do you know you are really cool for a demon? I mean… you have a business card… Khun didn’t even have a cell phone.”

“Well, most of us doesn’t. But it’s important to go with times, isn’t it? I mean, in public, we have to blend in, right?” Krystal brightly smiled and got up on her feet. “And I guess we should go. I have to check on her, she might cut her wrist… Oh, she didn’t, don’t worry, I got her a baby-sitter. And it’s not that easy for a demon to commit suicide,” Krystal quickly added when she spotted Yuri’s frightened expression. “Oh… and you’d better contact me soon!” Krystal and Victoria left Yuri sitting on her chair and left her house.

Yuri kept watching wall in front of her, thinking about all those things Victoria and Krystal said.

 “…she loves you and she can’t live without you!”

“He wanted to go against the whole Hell, just for our love…”

“All those memories… It’s terrible … but it’s also beautiful…”

“…the true love…”

“That one year was definitely worth it.”

“He showed me, what a true love is.”

“I would never ever found out what a true love is.”

“…you are an idiot…”

Yes. She’s an idiot…