Chapter 9

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Jessica and Tiffany were walking in a central park, talking about all the news in Hell and Heaven. “Why don’t we just sit down?” Tiffany asked and pointed at an empty bench.

“Uhmm… You know, Tiff… I can’t really sit down. It… hurts.” Tiffany frowned and examined Jessica from head to toe.

“Actually… you even walk in kinda funny way… Don’t tell me! Was Yuri that rough last night?” Tiffany asked with naughty expression.

“You should have seen her! She basically me!”

Tiffany giggled. “How many times? It looks like at least hundred.”

Jessica stared at her. “I don’t know; my memories of last night are all blurry. But yeah… It definitely feels like it,” she admitted. “But back to the topic. What did Taeyeon say?”

“She’s acting a little bit weird lately… I don’t know. I’m seriously worried about her. But I guess it’s normal, I mean, it’s really tough on her now. We still don’t know who’s behind it. It might be anybody. But we have confirmed everything Kim Bum said. There are no demons in Europe nor Africa. She also sent some demons to take care of those wandering souls.”

“And what about heaven, do you know why angels didn’t notice anything?”

“Gyuri said it’s because there’s no connection between demon and angels in other parts of the world, except for Korea.”

“Really? That’s weird. But it’s Gyuri and I think she’s right. She’s always right when it comes to these things. And also when it comes to hair and nail polish.”

“Yeah, that’s true… We just have to wait…”

 

She told herself, she won’t do it again. She knew it’s a bad thing. She knew it’s hurting her. She knew she shouldn’t. But there she is, standing above the glass bowl with water, watching her best friend’s date.

Seohyun pressed her lips together as she saw Yoona laughing happily. She couldn’t hear what they’re saying, but she didn’t care. Only the sight itself was enough. They slowly walked to Yoona’s dorm. They stopped right in front of the doors. He said something and Yoona blushed. She looked away with shy smile on her face. Seohyun gulped.

She felt terrible. She couldn’t bear it anymore. But she also couldn’t stop watching. Her heart stopped beating when Taecyeon caressed Yoona’s cheeks. He lifted her head and leaned in. No… No… No. NO! Seohyun felt her heart crashing into millions of pieces when their lips touched. Her breathing got faster. This is not happening.

She has never felt so hurt in her life or afterlife before. She can’t explain why, but watching her best friend kissing some guy was killing her. She couldn’t stop watching them though. Why am I crying? Seohyun wiped away the tear that came out of her eye. Then he finally pulled away. Yoona was smiling and blushing madly. Then she entered the dorm and disappeared from Seohyun’s sight. Taecyeon took out his phone and called somebody when he walked away. Seohyun was still watching him, but immersed in her own thoughts.

What’s wrong with me? I should be happy Yoona is happy. She’s my best friend; I should support her no matter what. But why can’t I stand she’s dating him? It’s just… It can’t be… It’s not like that… I can’t possibly have any feelings for- Where is he going?

Seohyun frowned as she saw Taecyeon enter some club. He came out in a second with some half girls. Seohyun’s jaw dropped. He was smiling, holding their hands. Those two girls looked like… Seohyun would never use the word ‘’, but yes, they looked like . She gasped when she realized they actually are . Taecyeon shamelessly grabbed their butts and laughed. Those girls did the same. He leaned to one of them a her cheek, leaving his wet saliva all over the girl’s face. Seohyun was disgusted. And he just kissed Yoona??? Seohyun watched them to enter a love hotel across the street. She tightened her grip around the bowl with water. She’s never been so angry in her life. She pushed the bowl. It fell on the ground and crashed into zillion pieces. The water spilled all over the floor, but she didn’t care. She ran away from the room, tears of anger in her eyes…

 

“That’s it! I’m done!” Sunny closed a huge book and looked at Hyomin significantly.

Hyomin stared at her back. “How many books left do you have?”

“This was the last one,” Sunny smiled brightly and Hyomin couldn’t help but smile a little too. “So? Are you going to test me? When’s my entrance exam?”

“Whoa, whoa! What’s up with the rush, Sunny?” Hyomin said. “But you really started to try hard. It usually takes a month for rookies to get through those books. You have to take the exam until four months since you entered Heaven.”

“But I can take it earlier, right?”

“Sure. But rookies usually study hard for few more weeks, since you can take the exam only once. If you fail, you can say goodbye to any meaningful afterlife. Only your soul will remain, you won’t be able to think, you will just mindlessly wander around the heaven.”

“I know that. You told me before and it was also all written in that yellow book called Afterlife.”

“So, you’d better wait with the exam.”

“Ok, if you say so…” Sunny nodded. She took Nintendo out of her pocket.

“Yah! Where did you get that?”

“It’s none of your business. You can’t take it away from me anymore. I’ve read everything you wanted me to read.”

Hyomin frowned and Sunny pouted. Hyomin’s frown immediately faded away. That pout is so cute. Like super cute. Okay, this is not fun anymore…

Hyomin slowly opened . “Sunny, I think I…” she stopped.

“What is it?” Sunny asked.

“…Nothing,” Hyomin mumbled. She didn’t know what she was going to say anyways. I think I…. love you????

 

Yuri looked around. She smiled as memories of this place appeared in her mind. She touched a cold stone cross. Her fingers got dirty, but she didn’t care. She was still smiling. Then she looked at the huge temple in front of her. She looked at the gargoyle which was on the pedestal right next to the door. Its firm eyes were staring at her. Yuri winked. “Hey, Eunjung, we haven’t seen each other in a while.”

The gargoyle slowly formed into a girl. She fixed her short black hair and looked at the unexpected visitor with her gold eyes. “Yuri… what are you doing here? You don’t come here often.”

“I know.”

“And you’re on your own… where’s Jessica?” Eunjung got curious. She hasn’t seen Yuri enter this cemetery without her other half for the last three years. Which means never, ever since they’ve been dating.

“Actually… I am here to see Taeyeon. I have to talk to her. It’s important. Can you please open me the gate?”