Chapter 22

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“I’m sorry…” Yoona mumbled. She was sitting on her bed, Seohyun right next to her. “I’m sorry I didn’t believe you…” Seohyun was still a little bit teary and Yoona was close to crying as well. Seohyun knew it. And she remembered Sunny’s advice.

“You don’t have to be sorry…” she mumbled. “I am the one who’s sorry.”

“Why would you be sorry?” Yoona looked up, confused.

“Well… I hate the fact I was right about him. I really hoped he would change for you or something…” Seohyun hesitated. She wasn’t really sure what the right thing to say at the moment was. Yoona stared at her and a tear appeared in a corner of her eye. It slowly slid down her cheek, before she suddenly hugged Seohyun tightly.

“You are an amazing person, Seohyunnie…”

Seohyun smiled and hugged Yoona back. Suddenly she remembered something weird she felt few moments ago in front of Taecyeon’s room. She wasn’t really sure what happened, but was… was it that Yoona kissed her? It definitely felt like this. But Seohyun was too upset at the time, so she wasn’t really sure. Should she ask? Nah. She decided to let it go. Or at least for now. But just then Yoona said those words.

“You know I love you, right?”

“Huh?”

 

Kim Bum uncomfortably shifted on the couch when he saw Jessica with Yuri enter the room. “So… are your hands okay?” he said awkwardly.

Jessica smiled widely and showed him her hand. “Yeah. See? Clean as never!”

“That’s… nice…” Kim Bum smiled, but he still wouldn’t touch it.

“Anyways, we’re not here for discussing Yuri’s body fluid-“

“Yeah, we are not!” Yuri interrupted, blushing. ”Control yourself a your stupid hormones a little, he doesn’t have to know everything.“

“I know, I know, I’m sorry.”

Kim Bum cleared his throat to get attention. “I’m kinda in a hurry. I really need to talk to mistress.”

“Sure… then tell us what you need from her?”

“You know… I don’t know what that is, but… there is that one girl… she appears in every fire I see… only I can see her and she calls for help. She’s really pretty and it looks like she’s … trapped in the fire against her will or something. I don’t really know what exactly happened, she talks in puzzles. I think maybe she can’t say anything? I would like to help her, but I don’t know why… that’s why I would like to ask mistress for help,” Kim Bum explained.

“Mhmmm…” Jessica mumbled. The room fell into silence as Kim Bum and Yuri both waited for Jessica’s reply, but that girl was in a deep though. She spoke up after a minute or two. “I have never met anybody trapped in the fire, but I’ve read about it before… The book says only a very powerful demon can trap somebody in the fire… and I also believe the victim has to be a demon as well. I don’t know if it’s possible to get the demon out of the fire… that girl must have done something unforgivable to the demon that trapped her in there… That’s quite interesting actually… I think Taeyeon would be interested.”

Kim Bum winked several times. “So can you help me? Can I meet her?”

“I’ll text Soojung and she will ask Taeyeon if she’s willing to meet you.”

 

“Taeyeon unnie?” Krystal knocked and opened the door to Taeyeon’s room without waiting for a reply.

“Yes?” Taeyeon was sitting behind her desk, unconsciously staring into her fireplace.

“Jessica unnie texted me. Mobile phone,” she added when she spotted Taeyeon’s confused look.

“Really?”

“Yeah… According to her words, that Kim Bum guy wants to meet you.”

“Why?” Taeyeon looked surprised.

“He has some problem… He told Jessica about some person he keeps seeing in a fire or something…”

Taeyeon immediately stood up. “Really?! I have to meet him then! Please tell Jessica I want to meet him as soon as possible!”

Krystal frowned, but she took out her phone and quickly typed a message to Jessica. When she was about send it, the message returned with a beep. “Gee, no signal here… I have to send it from the outside. But Taeyeon, do you think it’s safe to let him go here?”

“Yes. He’s maybe weird, but so far we have nothing against him and he will be in a huge disadvantage if he tries something here. I don’t think he’s stupid enough to do anything here.”

“Oh… okay…if you think so…” Krystal still had a really bad feeling about this, but she left to send the text…

 

“W-what do you mean, you love me?” Seohyun asked, surprised.

“Well, you are my best friend; I can’t imagine my life without you,” Yoona smiled sweetly.

“Oh…” Seohyun couldn’t help but feel disappointed. Best friend and that’s it. Yoona noticed her expression.

“What is it?”

“N-nothing…”

“Well…” Yoona frowned. She knew there is something. “Really? I mean, you can tell me everything, you know?”

“It’s really nothing,” Seohyun was staring somewhere behind Yoona. That girl is really a terrible liar.

“Are you sure?” Yoona knew she shouldn’t force her into answering, but she knew there is something wrong. And probably really wrong.

“Yes.” Seohyun nodded and this time she sounded more secure.

Yoona decided to let it go. For now. “Okay.”

 

Hyoyeon knew Kim Bum is with Jessica right now and he probably isn’t paying much attention. She knew she has to take an advantage of this opportunity.

She knew it’s dangerous. She knew he will probably kill her. But she has to warn Taeyeon no matter what. She felt sorry for that girl. She felt bad for deceiving her all the time.

Her face then appeared in Taeyeon’s fireplace.

She watched the short demon for a while. Taeyeon was just sitting behind her table doing some amazing things with her pen. Hyoyeon wondered if it’s magic or not. How can a pen spin so fast without falling? She looked very impatient.

Hyoyeon looked through her pockets. She needed a piece of paper, but she was too scared she didn’t have any anymore. The only piece of paper she had was the one she already used. And there’s no way she could get a different one in a fire. She grabbed a piece of coal and threw it into Taeyeon’s room. Taeyeon immediately jumped on her feet, startled by the sudden noise. She spotted the coal and quickly looked into her fireplace.

“What are-“ Hyoyeon quickly put her finger over her lips, showing Taeyeon to be quiet. “Oh…” Taeyeon mouthed.

Hyoyeon pointed at the pen Taeyeon was still holding. Taeyeon understood. She grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something on it.

You can’t talk? Why?

Hyoyeon pointed somewhere behind herself and then at her ear.

Somebody‘s listening?

Hyoyeon nodded.

 What do you want to tell me?

Hyoyeon pointed behind herself again. Then she pointed at Taeyeon and then she imitated cutting her head off with her hand. Taeyeon frowned.

“What?” she mouthed.

 Hyoyeon pouted, thinking about the right way to explain. She pointed behind herself again and then formed her hand into a shape of a gun and pointed it at Taeyeon. Then she simulated shooting her.

Taeyeon quickly wrote something.

Somebody wants to kill me, I know. U know who?

Hyoyeon nodded. Taeyeon’s eyes widened a little. She quickly circled the word “who”.

Hyoyeon pouted again. Then she pointed at herself, showing a little bit awkward eye-smile. She didn’t really know how to do that expression. Taeyeon’s eyes widened even more as she wrote another word. Her handwriting got shaky.

TIPANI?

Hyoyeon immediately shook her head and waved her hands quickly to tell Taeyeon how wrong she is. Then she rolled her eyes and gave her a Are-you-stupid? look. When Taeyeon saw it, she felt a super relieved. It’s not like she would believe this anyway. She knew Tiffany wouldn’t. But the eye-smile… Who else has such an eye-smile?

Hyoyeon didn’t know how more she could describe Kim Bum. She was thinking hard when suddenly Taeyeon surprised her with another question written.

You’re not my mind. You’re trapped there, right?

Hyoyeon gulped as she read and slowly nodded. Then she heard something. She quickly turned around. Looks like Kim Bum is paying attention now. Taeyeon noticed her anxiety and before Hyoyeon disappeared she showed her the last message.

Come back tomorrow. I’ll find a way how to get you out by then.

 

 It was uncomfortable in YulSic’s living room. They were just quietly sitting there frowning; just Kim Bum was showing his eye-smiles. Jessica was really happy when she got Krystal’s text.

“Taeyeon wants to meet her as soon as possible.”

Kim Bum thought about it for a second. “Please tell her, I want to meet her tomorrow. Are you willing to take me to the gate tomorrow?” he asked looking at Jessica. She just nodded. “Okay then,” Kim Bum said. “I’m in a hurry, so if you excuse me…” he stood up and hurriedly left.

“Thank god he’s gone; his eye-smiles are freaking me out!” Yuri said after he closed the door.

“Mhmm…” Jessica mumbled. She was busy texting. After she sent the text she looked at Yuri. “Why do I have that feeling you want to go with us tomorrow?” she asked after a few seconds.

“Maybe because I will go with you tomorrow.”

 

 “So he will come with Jessica tomorrow,” Krystal said to Taeyeon.

“Did Jessica say something else?”

Krystal shook her head. “Nothing. Only that he wants to see you tomorrow and that you should be careful, she says his eye-smile is creepy.”

“Eye……. Smile???”