Chapter 15

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“Can you transfer me to Yoona?” Yuri blurted out, looking at Jessica.

“Uhmm… I’m not really sure…” Jessica hesitated. She can’t transfer a human and transferring along with Yuri… she was afraid it would be too exhausting.

“Could you transfer me to Yoona and then transfer both of us back here?”

“Well, honestly…”

“Don’t even think about it, Jessica, you’re not powerful enough, it would probably kill you. I believe it could kill even both of us if I helped you,” Taeyeon said.

“Why would it kill you?”

“It would cost a lot of energy.”

“Then we have to get her in some other way. She said she’s at a gas station near her school.”

“Yuri, what happened?” Tiffany asked.

“We have to get Yoona.” Everybody was really confused, not knowing what’s going on. Yuri ran out of her house and Jessica immediately followed her. “Car!” Yuri said.

“You don’t have one,” Jessica pointed out.

“Get me some!”

Jessica looked at BMW 6 Cabrio parked across the road. Seriously, this is outer part of the city and very few people live here, but still, who lets such a luxury car standing just in the middle of the street and doesn’t even close the roof? Jessica jumped over the door and sat at a driver’s seat. Then she looked at the ignition. That would be really too much if there were actually keys in it, right? She sighed, closed her eyes and focused. Few seconds later engine reacted and she started the car. She noticed how Yuri jumped onto the back seat. Then she looked at all those buttons and control sticks of mysterious function.

“Uhmmm….”

“What’s the problem?”

“Nothing, everything’s okay.” Jessica stepped on the pedal. She frowned, when nothing happened and stepped on it once again, this time harder. “It’s not working.”

Krystal who was watching Jessica with her eyebrows raised until now, leaned in to see what exactly Jessica is doing with her feet. “Oh my god, move,” she said.

“Huh?”

“I’m driving.”

“You can drive?” Jessica asked, surprised, while sitting on the other seat. “Isn’t it illegal? You’re only seventeen.”

“It is, but who cares? At least I know how to drive when it’s needed. Unlike you apparently.” Krystal jumped over the door as well. “Yuri, you’d better put on a seatbelt,” she added before stepping on the pedal. “Oh, yeah, and Jess, this pedal is accelerator, you kept stepping on the break.” Krystal added on speed and was already way over speed limit. Then she turned back and looked at Yuri. “What school is your sister attending again?”

“Songpa-gu. Daeyoung High School…. Can you please watch the road when driving?”

“Fine.” Krystal turned and focused on the road. “Daeyoung High School? One of my friends also attends that school…“

 

“Krystal, to the right,” Yuri said, her face little bit pale.

“Are you okay?” Jessica asked after examining her.

“I would be happier if your sister would focus on driving instead of checking her hair in a mirror. And I also don’t like the fact she’s driving 170 kilometers per hour.”

“First, this car doesn’t have a roof, so of course I have to check my hair. Second, it’s only 160,” Krystal yawned as she hid her mirror back into her pocket. Yuri gulped.

“Weren’t you supposed to stop there? I think there was a sign that you should let the other cars go first.”

“Yuri, I don’t have a license nor any driver’s education, so I have no idea what those signs mean anyway.”

“Here’s the gas station!” Yuri pointed at the building approximately 100 meters far away. Krystal sped up and then right in front of the gas station she suddenly stepped on the break, so they all jerked forward.

“We’re here,” she smiled. Yuri immediately stepped out of the car, looking like she’s about to throw up any second.

She took a deep breath and color slowly started to return to her face. After she stopped feeling nauseous a little she ran to the automatic door of gas station. The door opened and Yuri entered. She looked around and right next to the bar, she spotted her sister, sipping something from the cup.

“Yoona-yah!” Yuri yelled. Yoona looked up and looked at her unnie. “What the heck happened?”

Fear was evident in Yoona’s eyes. “I- I don’t know…” she whispered. She was slightly shaking. “I- I was at school and everything was okay… then in the middle of the lesson… I heard huge… it actually sounded like an explosion.” Yoona’s voice was cracking.

“And?”

“I don’t know. Suddenly, there was a bunch of some really odd people in our school. Some guy led them… He had long hair, so I couldn’t see his face properly, but he looked really young and he had those ridiculous red pants with chains…”

“Taemin,” a voice behind them said. Jessica and Krystal were listening for a while by now. Yoona looked at them and her eyes grew wider. She took another sip from the cup. Yuri assumed it’s a tea.

“About… about fifteen other… they were all in black… and they were looking for somebody… I don’t know who… everybody, who dared to go against them ended up lying on the ground and didn’t get up anymore… I- I don’t…. I don’t know if they’re… d-dead or just unconscious, but…” Yoona took one more sip. Yuri frowned and took Yoona’s cup into her hand. She smelled its content and coughed.

“There’s… rum in this??!”

“I… I needed…. To calm down a little…” Yoona sighed and took her cup back.

“So what happened next? Did they found whoever they were looking for?”

“I d-don’t k-know… I ran away… Some girl caught me, looked at the name written on my uniform and let me go. She disappeared. I took and advantage of the situation. They weren’t paying any attention to me, so I jumped out of the window… after that, I got here and called you…” Yoona paused before she continued in whisper. “Unnie… they… they were not humans,” she said and looked at Jessica and Krystal.

“I guess we have to check that school right now,” Jessica suggested. Krystal was just frowning, pressing her lips together tightly. “What’s up?” her older sister asked.

“If they were looking for somebody… and Taemin was there as well… We have to go to that school!” Krystal panicked and ran out of the gas station.

Jessica followed her as soon as she realized what happened. Yuri encouragingly put her hand around Yoona’s shoulders and they both went out as well. They found Jessica standing next to the door frowning and biting her lower lip.

“What is it?”

“I wasn’t fast enough; I didn’t manage to stop her. She just stole our stolen car.”

“You can walk, it’s like five minutes away,” Yoona said. Jessica nodded before she ran to the direction Yoona just pointed out.

 

When she arrived to the school, she found nothing weird or suspicious about this place. Some students were having fun outside and everything looked just fine. Huh?

Then she noticed Krystal, sitting on the stairs with blank expression on her face. She looked paler than usual. Jessica immediately sat beside her sister.

“What happened, Krystal? Everything looks fine.”

“But it’s not. It’s not fine at all…” Krystal whispered.

“Tell me what happened. I don’t get it.”

“Well apparently Taemin and others found who they were looking for. And I guess they erased everyone’s memory and they cleaned up all the mess.”

“Erased memory?” Jessica mumbled to herself. Erasing memory is not that easy and she found impossible that Taemin could erase memory of every single student and teacher and actually survive. There’s something fishy about it. “Who were they looking for? And why?”

“They were looking for her because they hope they can get some information about us from her. They have Sulli, Jess.”

“What?! But… she doesn’t know about anything, right?”

“Sure, but they don’t know that.” Krystal whined and rubbed her forehead. “My god…”

“And you sure, they got her?”

“Yeah… I asked her classmates. They have no idea who she is. Taemin did amazing job.”

“No… he didn’t,” Jessica opposed.

“How’s that? He got what he wanted and nobody knows about it.”

“Krystal, come on. You’ve been having all those super cool awesome ideas lately; I really thought you’ve gotten smart.” Jessica pointed at Yoona, who was getting comforted by Yuri nearby. “If he did so amazing job, how come we know about this? He screwed up, she managed to escape and he doesn’t even know.”

Krystal gritted her teeth. “You’re right.” Tears were visible in her eyes, but more than anything, it were tears of anger. “And they also don’t know we know about this already. We have to take advantage of this. And we have to do something really quickly, because…” Krystal took a deep breath. “Because once they’ll find out Sulli really knows nothing, they will probably kill her.”