Chapter 5

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“Iiii aaaaam deeeepreeeeessed….”

“What is it this time?” Hyomin asked. She was already used to Sunny’s non-stop whining.

“You lied! You told me you will buy me Tamagotchi after I read that thick book, but after I was done, you told me, you will buy it to me after I read another one!”

“I’m sorry, but you have to study and this is the best way how to force into reading. I promise I will buy you anything after you pass your exam.”

“Fine…” Sunny snorted.

“I have some more work to do, so if you excuse me… Study well.” Hyomin left the room, leaving Sunny alone.

 Sunny looked at the closed door. But she didn’t lock. Sunny waited for few minutes and then she sneaked out of the room. She needs some videogames, right now! But how to do it without Hyomin noticing?

Suddenly, she spotted somebody familiar. “Hey! Namsan tower!”

The tall girl turned around. “Oh, short Bunny with a huge book… Where’s your huge book?”

“My name is Sunny.”

“And my name is Sooyoung, why did you call me?”

Sunny looked around. “Too many people; come here.” She dragged taller girl behind the corner, pulled her closer and whispered right into her ear. “Could you do me a favor, Namsan?”

“Whoa! Wait! What are you thinking?” Sooyoung pushed Sunny away. “I don’t swing that way.”

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Sunny looked puzzled. “I just wanted to ask you, if you could get me any videogames.”

“Damn my erted boss. It’s contagious!” Sooyoung burbled. “Videogames?”

“Yeah, or Nintendo or anything playable.”

“Sure… no problem, I travel a lot, so I’m here quite often and I’m also often on the Earth. But… what’s my reward? I refuse doing anything weird, I know what bunnies like to do, I may have not come to school, but I’m not dumb!”

“…” Sunny blinked several times. “You’re… kinda odd, Namsan tower. But whatever, as long as you get me videogames, I don’t care. I don’t know what I should get you in reverse. What would you like?”

“… Well since you are angel in training, there’s not much you can give me.”

“I know,” Sunny sighted. “But after I’ll become an angel?”

“But that may take months!”

“But…? What would you like?”

“I don’t know… food?”

“Food?” Sunny was once again confused.

“Yeah, like tons of it? Or maybe permanent access to a restaurant with free food for me guaranteed. “

Sunny scratched her head and thought about it. “Yeah, whatever. It’s a deal then.”

“Deal.”

“I need my games, so I’m willing to get you anything.

“Wait, anything, so-“

“It’s a deal,” Sunny stopped Sooyoung before she could say anything more. “No changing. You get me Nintendo or videogames and I’ll get you food in a future.”

“But what if you fail your angel passing test? You know… maybe they have some minimal height you have to reach before joining.”

“I’ll make sure I will make it up to you somehow,” Sunny said, ignoring the part about height.

“See you around then, Bunny.”

“See you, Namsan.”

 

“Glad to hear everything was fine,” Tiffany smiled and took a sip from her cup of coffee.

“Yeah… Rome is really beautiful and big and… ancient,” Jessica randomly said. She really didn’t know much about Italy.

“What other things have you seen? Except for the Colosseum and the fountain?” Tiffany asked, curious.

“Uhhh… Well… We were in an Italian bar.”

“Really?”

“Yeah… Hey, why didn’t Taeyeon come anyways? I wanted to talk with both of my best friends,” Jessica quickly changed the topic.

“I thought I am your best friend,” Tiffany pouted.

“Of course you are, sweetie…” Jessica said with comforting voice, but she looked uninterested. “But where is she?”

Tiffany sighed. “She’s resting, I hope. She’s been so busy lately… She’s overworked and we don’t even have time to spend time together. Make out sessions on her desk don’t really count since they are always interrupted.”

“, huh?” Jessica felt bad for her friend. Especially after she spent the entire week in a bed with her girlfriend.

“Yea… But I’m kinda worried… she told me she even had some hallucinations.”

“Hallucinations? That’s kinda weird for a demon… When was the last time she slept for few hours?” Jessica frowned.

“I don’t know… few weeks ago?”

“So… I think… next time you should skip your make out session. Tell her to sleep for a while instead.”

“Yeah…” Tiffany finished her coffee and took out some coins out of her pocket. “Aish…”

Jessica slightly smiled. “Don’t worry. It’s on me; don’t forget I have a discount here.”

 Tiffany’s face suddenly brightened up. “Aaah, of course. I forgot you’re working here. Thanks a lot.”

“It’s just a part time job.”

Jessica was originally a waitress when she came to the nearest restaurant to ask for a job, but she really at it.  Her boss, Narsha, was about to fire her, but when she wanted to tell her, she caught her singing while cleaning a table. It changed her mind and she let Jessica sing at her restaurant every second evening.

“So what, it’s a paid job.”

“But you get some salary from Dominus too, right?” Jessica asked, confused.

“It’s not a salary,” Tiffany laughed. “He would have to pay me the same amount in some regular intervals to make it a salary. I don’t have any proper income. Fortunately, my TaeTae has a lot of gold, which she can exchange for money.”

“Haha, I see. ‘Why spend mine when I can spend yours?’, right?”

“Unfortunately, she won’t give me any,” Tiffany added, sulky.

“Well, I have some money… Yuri has some too. Not that her weird geological researches are that gainful, but she still have some money from her father left and even though she pays Yoona college, I can lend you anytime.”

“Thanks, Jess, you really are the best best friend ever.”

“Yeah… I know…” Jessica mumbled. “We should go…” She stood up and walked to the bar. “Write it on me, Gain,” she told to the waitress.

“Sure.”

When Jessica turned around, Tiffany was already opening the door and leaving. She immediately followed her.

“So you’re going?”

“Yes. I’ll just go behind that corner over there and disappear, you know what I mean.”

“Sure…“ Jessica nodded as she watched Tiffany to walk away; she laughed in disbelieve when she noticed small pink fluffy rabbit peeping out of her friend’s pocket. “And let Taeyeon rest a little!” she yelled before the angel disappeared.

“Aigoo… that girl…” she sighed and turned around. “Ouch!” she yelped and almost fell on the ground. Somebody just bumped onto her and she lost her balance. She would have definitely hurt herself, but a pair of manly arms caught her right in time.

 “I’m sorry, are you okay?” the man asked. Jessica calmed herself down, getting over the shock, but then another one followed. She looked at the guy. He had a cap, dark sunglasses and she saw him only twice before, but she still recognized him. That cute smile, which was creeping her out… Her eyes grew wider.

“Y-you?”