Chapter 25

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Tiffany kept nervously watching her wife. Taeyeon was acting crazy this night. Well, she has been acting weird for a long time already, but today, she got even weirder. Right after she finished the potion for Jihyun, she started to make another one. First half of the night, she was going through all the books she had in her shelf and after she seemed to find what she was looking for, she ended up transferring to random places for random herbs and other things. Tiffany was trying to talk to her, but she was too busy to answer, so eventually, the angel gave up and ended up just watching. Now, Taeyeon was sitting behind her table, in front of her a bowl of some clear liquid. It looked just like water. Taeyeon then looked into the huge book she had on the table too.  She sighed. She looked at the bowl, back to the book and then at Tiffany. Tiffany just worriedly stared back. Taeyeon opened , it looked like she’s about to say something, but she ended up sighing deeply again.

“What is it?” Tiffany whispered. She couldn’t bear it anymore. Taeyeon just shook her head and switched book to another page. “What is it?!” asked louder, walked towards Taeyeon, switched the page book and looked at the page. Extricating potion. She was looking for something that could made Taeyeon act that way. And then she saw it. “Okay,” she shrugged.

“What?” Taeyeon finally spoke up. “No way!”

“Why not?” Tiffany asked. “You need it, the book says it.”

“It will hurt you. So just no.”

“It’s just a blood, geez. It says you need angel’s blood to finish it.”

“But… don’t you know how hard is it to make angel bleed? Cutting isn’t enough, you will heal too quickly.”

“Oh god, don’t worry, just stab me.”

“NO!”

“But I will be okay!”

“But I refuse to hurt you!”

“You’re such a coward!” Tiffany angrily grabbed Taeyeon’s dagger which was also on the table and stabbed herself in the middle of her left palm. The dagger went so deep, that it’s blade was visible on the other side too. Tiffany gritted her teeth and frowned, because it hurt. Shocked Taeyeon watched as few drops of blood leaked from the wound and fell from the tip of the dagger right into the bowl with the potion as Tiffany held her hand above it. “H-how much do you need?” Tiffany tried to sound firm, but her voice was shaking a little. And she got also paler.

“F…Fany-yah…” Taeyeon stood up and held Tiffany’s right hand wanted to pull the dagger out, but Tiffany only pushed it deeper. Some more blood dropped into the potion and suddenly, it started to change color into a darker one. It was like a tea bag in a hot water.

“Just a bit more, I see…” Tiffany mumbled and cut her hand more. Three or four more drops fell into the bowl. Tiffany quietly hissed in pain. She didn’t want Taeyeon to know, but Taeyeon had enough. She pushed Tiffany’s hand and took the dagger out. She held Tiffany’s wounded arm with a desperate expression.

“Why did you do that??!”

“I wanted to help… Look, it’s healing already.” The wound was indeed getting smaller and the bleeding stopped, but Taeyeon still felt hurt, not only because Tiffany reminded pale.

“I… could have… found another way…”

“Well, I thought you are in a hurry? Stop frowning, TaeTae,” Tiffany smiled. “It’s almost gone now. It doesn’t even hurt anymore.”

“But still…” Taeyeon mumbled, still not fine with what just happened.

“Your potion is done now. It… turned… black? Weird. What are you going to do with it anyways?”

“I will pour it into my fireplace.”

 

Yuri looked at her watch. “He’s late,” she said. “We were supposed to meet twenty minutes ago.”

Jessica nodded and shivered, because she felt cold. They were waiting near the infamous cemetery for almost like half an hour already.

“Are you cold?” Yuri asked, worried. She hugged Jessica around her shoulder and pulled her closer.

“Not anymore,” Jessica chuckled.

CRANK!

“I’m so sorry, for being late!” Kim Bum apologized and bowed deeply. “Something unpleasant happened to me, but everything is solved by now.”

“O…kay,” Jessica said. “So shall we go?” she pointed behind herself, where the huge wall that surrounded the cemetery was visible.

“Sure thing,” Kim Bum nodded and they immediately headed towards the cemetery.

It took them only a minute or two before they were standing in front of the temple with gate. The gargoyle was firmly staring at hem, obviously surprised.

“Hi, Eunjung,” Jessica smiled.

“Hi, Eunjung,” Yuri said too.

Kim Bum nodded his head.

The gargoyle didn’t move, only its eyes kept following them.

“It’s okay, Eunjung, Taeyeon knows, she told you, right?” Jessica said.

The gargoyle remained unchanged, so they entered the temple…

 

Taeyeon was staring into her fire place with the bowl in her hands. And Tiffany was staring at Taeyeon. “What… are you waiting for?” she asked after a minute or two of silence.

“She should be here any minute,” Taeyeon whispered.

“I’m… a bit… confused…. Very, actually.”

“Just… wait.”

Suddenly somebody knocked on the door.

“Oh, that must be Jessica with that guy. Can you hold this for me?” Taeyeon handed the bowl to Tiffany. “If you see a girl in there, immediately tell me, okay?” she instructed, before she looked at the door. “Come in!”

The door opened and three people were standing there. Jessica, Yuri and Kim Bum.

“Hi, Taeyeon, Tiffany” Jessica smiled slightly.

“Jessi! Yuwree!” Tiffany shrieked excited. They haven’t seen each other for a few days. Since the wedding actually.

“Hi,” Yuri waved her.

Taeyeon and Kim Bum just nodded their heads, staring at each other.

“What is this?” Yuri asked, looking at the bowl with potion Tiffany was still holding.

“I don’t really know,” Tiffany shrugged.

“Just something,” Taeyeon answered, but her eyes still fixed at Kim Bum. “So… you said you have this one problem, right?” she raised her eyebrows.

Kim Bum nodded and walked casually towards the fireplace, trying to act cool and innocent. “Yes, it’s actually disturbing me for a few weeks already.” He stared into the fire and dramatic silence filled the room for a moment, until he spoke up again. “You know, some girl started to appear in every fire I see. She’s in every fireplace, in my lighter, camp fires, everywhere.”

“Did you… talk to her?” Taeyeon asked.

Kim Bum shook his head. “Well, I did, but she always answers in puzzles, I don’t understand it at all. And when I finally think I can understand, she disappears. I think she’s calling for some help though.”

“How does she look like?”

“I don’t know…” Kim Bum shrugged. “She’s pretty, long straight hair, Korean. I don’t know, those flames make the image blurry.”

Taeyeon frowned. “Well, I know she’s there against her will…” she said. She didn’t trust Kim Bum enough to tell him everything, but she has to tell him something. He might be helpful. Eventually.

“Do you have any idea how did she get there? Or who else can see her, mistress?”

Taeyeon shook her head. “She talks to me, but her hints are too indirect, I don’t know what they mean.”

Kim Bum frowned. He didn’t like the way Taeyeon talks at all. He ordered Hyoyeon to brainwash her, but there she was, completely sane. He must punish Hyoyeon later. Maybe kill her. She’s not trustworthy anymore. Well, she never really was, but now he can’t trust her at all.

“She should appear soon, I told her to come today,” Taeyeon said.

“Y-you did?” Kim Bum asked, surprised and his eyes wandered towards the fireplace. There was nothing but a fire inside though.

Taeyeon nodded. “Yes.”

Tiffany, Jessica and Yuri were just quietly watching, confused. Yuri kept staring into Taeyeon’s fireplace. Then she suddenly quietly gasped. Only Jessica, who was standing next to her, could hear it. She nudged her softly and gave her confused look. Yuri hinted her to look into a fireplace with her eyes and Jessica did. There was nothing but fire. Jessica gave her confused look and Yuri stared back, confused as well. She was one hundred percent positive there was something in that fire, but before she could look properly, it was gone.

“What is going on?” Taeyeon asked. She noticed YulSic’s suspicious acting.

“Uh, nothing,” Yuri shook her head. “I’m just a bit anxious.”

“Why?” Tiffany asked.

“I don’t know… I just feel weird,” Yuri answered quickly and felt Jessica’s hand on her waist. She smiled a bit awkwardly.

CRANK!

Suddenly a person appeared in the room. “Taeyeon, don’t tell him a word!” that person yelled. Everybody in the room was obviously surprised and shocked.

“K-Krystal?” Tiffany was the first one to get out of the shock.

“He’s the one who’s behind it all,” she said, panting.

Kim Bum gasped and made an energy ball in his hand. “, how could you get out so quickly?” he gritted his teeth and threw it on Krystal. Krystal jumped to the side so the ball passed around her and hit Jessica’s stomach. The ball just dissolved though, without even hurting her. “The hell?” Kim Bum asked, shocked.

“Jessica!” Yuri quickly assured if her wife is okay.

“Pour it!” suddenly an unfamiliar voice yelled. “Pour it, Tiffany!”

Tiffany looked to the source of the voice. It was the fireplace. She opened , when she saw a girlish face in those flames. “POUR IT!” the girl yelled in panic as she noticed Kim Bum took a vial with a blue liquid inside out of his pocket.

Tiffany, completely confused, just sloppily poured the potion she was holding into the fire place. The bowl slipped out of her hands and smashed on the floor and half of the liquid was on the floor as well, but Tiffany still managed to pour some into the fireplace.

A lot of smoke immediately came out of the fireplace and soon it filled the whole room. They couldn’t see anything; they could only assume things based on a bunch of weird and confusing noises. Sound of glass breaking could be heard and somebody screamed. Jessica shrieked Yuri’s name, because she recognized the voice. The room was a huge mess. Then, Krystal mumbled some spells and the smoke disappeared.

They all looked around, completely confused. Kim Bum was gone. There was a girl lying in the extinguished fireplace, soaking wet. Also another person was soaking wet. There was something blue dripping of Yuri’s clothes.

  “E-e-eh… W-What happened?” Jessica stuttered. She tried to reach Yuri, but Krystal stopped her.

“Don’t!” she warned quickly.

“Wh… Why?” Jessica asked.

“You can’t touch her. You maybe don’t have your powers, but your still a demon, blue sugilite will kill you immediately.”

“T-that’s…?” Yuri stuttered. “That thingy that killed Asmodis?”

“Exactly,” Krystal nodded. “It’s just it’s a molten stone…. I think he wanted to get Taeyeon but since we couldn’t see anything he missed.” Then she looked at Yuri. “I’ll help you to get rid of it.” Krystal mumbled some spells and the liquid slowly evaporated.

“You…” Taeyeon spoke up. She was staring at the girl in her fireplace. “Are you… okay?”

The girl just looked up and slowly nodded. She was just sitting there, hugging her knees.

“You can come out,” Taeyeon said. The girl came out slowly, but as soon as she stood up, she fell back on the floor, unconscious. Taeyeon quickly ran to her and checked her.

“What’s with her?” Krystal asked. She already finished cleaning Yuri’s clothes.

“She fainted. Well, no wonder, she just was in a fire for who knows how long. She didn’t sleep or eat. We just have to wait for her to wake up.”

“Okay… Damn, he ran away…” Krystal cursed. “And I may not be able to find him this time, he will be much more careful.”

The room fell quiet. They didn’t know what to say. Then Tiffany smiled a little and looked at Yuri. “Congratulations on your marriage, Krystal told me. I’m happy for you. But Yuri-yah…” her expression turned gloomy. “I’m really sad about Yoona you know.”

“Wait, why would you be sad about my sister?” Yuri frowned.

A confused expression appeared on Tiffany face. “Wait, what? You don’t know Yoona is dead?”

“Whaat?!”

 

 

A/N: don't worry, I won't tease you with Yoona anymore xD just.... until the next chapter :)