Chapter 5

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

 

“No.” Krystal put her hand on her hips and angrily looked at Jessica.

“Hey, it’s not my fault!” her sister defended. “It’s father’s order!”

“But what am I going to do, if I can’t hang out with Sul anymore?”

“Uhmm, what about that angel girl? What was her name again? Yeah! Nana! That’s right! You don’t have to keep your identity as a secret with her.”

“I don’t like her.”

“How come? You used to be huge friends.”

“Well we are not now.”

“And what about Taemin?” Krystal laughed at Jessica’s next idea.

“Taemin? One of Three Taes? Are you in your right mind? You know I hate those three jerks. They’re idiots.”

“That’s not true, Taeyeon is awesome,” Jessica defended her friend.

“No, she’s not.”

“You hate her just because she watches over you! She basically baby sits you!”

“Hmmmmpffff!” the little demon demonstratively folded her arms.

“Krys, just listen to me, okay?” Jessica lowered her voice and put her hand on Krystal’s shoulder. “I know people mean a lot for you, especially Sulli, but you have to stop seeing them for their own good.” Krystal looked into her sister’s eyes and she didn’t look that angry anymore. Jessica considered this as a half of the victory. “Father will kill them if you continue seeing them. He will kill every single one of them. He’s crazy. He can do this without the smallest effort. He wouldn’t hesitate. You know this, Krystal.”

Krystal sighed. “But I still can go out with a friend who knows the secret, right?”

“WHAT?!” Jessica’s eyes widened. “You told somebody the secret? Father’s gonna kill you for sure!”

“No… Jess, calm down, it’s nothing like that. That girl is a mortal who was once down here… When I met her few months later, she remembered that she already saw me. At first she wanted to kill me, but soon we became friends.”

“Why was she down here?” Jessica asked, curious. Not many living mortals had a chance to go to the hell and if they had they usually didn’t come back alive.

“I can’t tell you Jess, it’s her secret. But I can tell you it wasn’t a good thing.”

“It wasn’t a good thing?” Jessica sighed. “Krystal, this is really bad idea. But do whatever you want. You’re all grown up now, you should make your own decisions. Just make sure you won’t get caught!”

“Don’t worry, I know. I won’t be seeing Sulli that often and I’ll stop seeing others. I hope that will be enough for father.”

“I hope so too…”

 

Jessica didn’t even know how many times she already sat beside Yuri, leaning her back on random grave. Now it was just another quiet late afternoon. They didn’t talk a lot, they didn’t need to talk. It would ruin the atmosphere. They understood each other without words, but Jessica wanted some information. She knew that they’ll have to talk soon or later, so she decided to start with it today.

“Yuri,” she whispered.

“Hm?” Both of them kept staring into the wall in front of them.

“How long are we seeing each other already?”

“I don’t know… few days, maybe weeks…” Yuri answered quietly.

“I know nothing about you.” Yuri just laughed.

“There’s nothing much to know. My life is boring. I don’t know who my father is, but I know for sure my sister’s dad is a different person. She also doesn’t know. My mother was an alcoholic and who committed a suicide when I was sixteen. I’m taking care of my younger sister Yoona ever since then. I was looking for a place where I can relax and forget about my mom, but I couldn’t find any, until I by coincidence ended up here. I study but I don’t work, so we normally wouldn’t have any money, but whoever my father is, there’s one thing I’m really thankful for. He left me lots of money, so if I don’t spend too much, it should be enough until I finish my studies and find my own work.” Yuri sighed again and slightly smiled, when she felt Jessica’s hand on her own. “That was Kwon Yuri’s life story.” They kept staring at the wall for next few moments. Jessica didn’t asked Yuri any further questions and she also didn’t pity her. She understood. She knew, Yuri doesn’t want her pity and thing like that. And she also didn’t want to force Yuri with more questions. “Now it’s your turn. Tell me something about you.”

 Jessica sighed. “I don’t have a mom.” I was made by fire. “I don’t know who she is, if she’s alive or dead, I don’t know anything about her at all. My father is… the evil itself. Me and my sister keep avoiding him most of the time. He’s really important person, big boss, so I’ve never been to school. My sister as well, but I know she really wishes for that. On the other hand we had to help father with his work ever since we were children.” They still didn’t look at each other. This time it was Yuri who held the hand of the latter. She didn’t ask either. She understood Jessica as well. They didn’t want pity nor mercy. They wanted to fight with things as they crossed their lives…

After their little talk, Jessica felt they got much more closer. Ever since then they didn’t sit in the cemetery as a two different people. They sit in the cemetery together as a one. It was like their holding hands made them into just one person.

One day, when Jessica came back home after seeing Yuri off again, loud husky voice greeted her. “The two of you are soooooooooo adorable together!!” Jessica just dispassionately looked into those violet shining eyes.

“Hey, I haven’t seen you for a really long time,” she uttered. The fact, she didn’t miss her cheerful shining friend, kinda surprised her. It was all because of Yuri.

“I was watching you from Heaven,” Tiffany smiled. “I didn’t want to disturb you two, I came here just because boss wants new info about gate. So how’s guarding? Anything weird, suspicious, disturbing… whatever?”

“Actually yes…”

“What is it?”

“Yuri.”

“Yeah, I admit, you’re really cute together, but what does that have to do with the gate?”

“I love her.”

„Whoa-whoa-whoa!“ Tiffany blurted out. „That is a little bit too big news, my friend. You can’t say it just like that! I mean, I knew you felt some kind of attraction towards her, but I had no idea it’s so serious! You love her? Reeeeaaaallyyyy?”

“I do… a lot. Really. But that’s not important. The important thing is… I can’t lie to her. I’m afraid she will find out about the gate soon or later. And not just only about the gate, but also about me and… the whole Hell.“ Jessica looked down.

“Oh, Jessie~ Please don’t worry about it too much.” Tiffany hugged her friend around her shoulders.

“How can I not to worry? I have to stop seeing her. I know I will regret it later, but what can I do? If I don’t , Asmodis will kill me and her as well.”

“I hate to say this, but… you’re right. I would like to help her, but I don’t know how. Dominus won’t help you as well, you know he’s not exactly what you call human-nothuman shipper. I’m really sorry about that.”

“That’s okay Tiff… I know you’re only ordinary angel.”

“Hey! That’s not true!”

“I have to end it even before it could even start.” Jessica was still examining her shoes, ignoring Tiffany’s protests about being called an ordinary angel. Some tears started to roll on her cheeks. One of them rolled on her nose and fell on the ground. Tiffany hugged her tight.

“Jess, it’s gonna be okay… I promise… You can do it…”