Chapter 6

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“Y-you?” Jessica stuttered. “W-what? How? Are you stalking me or something?!” her voice cracked.

Kim Bum smiled. “In fact… yes. But please, don’t freak out and don’t think anything wrong!” he added.

“You’re kidding right? You’re creepy as hell!”

“That means I’m not creepy.”

“Huh?”

“You said as hell. I don’t think hell is creepy. And I believe you don’t think so too, am I right? I mean… it’s not like you don’t know hell like the back of your hand.”

Huh?!

 “I’m sorry, if I freaked you out or something.”

“Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! So what you’re saying is… you’re a…?” Jessica looked at Kim Bum with suspicious expression.

“Yes, I’m a demon, you didn’t notice, yet?… But…” he looked around. “Would you like to have a cup of coffee or something? I don’t wanna talk to you here in the middle of the street.”

“Well, I just had one, but sure…” Jessica examined Kim Bum from head to toe. She frowned. She didn’t like this guy at all, but she was curious. And what can he do in the room full of people?

 

“So tell me, what exactly do you want?” Jessica asked strictly.

“I want your help,” Kim Bum shrugged.

“Help?”

“Here’s the thing. I know you learned all this a long time ago, but let me remind you some history. Many many many years ago, when the original founders, Dominus and Asmodis, created Hell and Heaven, they had several servants. Those servants were from different parts of the world. As for the Hell’s servants, there were people for America, Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia. Asmodis himself stayed in Korea, as you know. His servants slowly started to build their own systems and they had their own servants and they created their own small hells.”

“I know all that. I’ve read many books about this.”

“Of course,” Kim Bum nodded. “But those books say, that Asmodis… or… well, the current Master of the Hell still has control over those small hells, right?”

“Yes?” Jessica was getting slightly confused. “What are you trying to say?”

“Asmodis lost his control long time ago. And that’s why he and also the new master didn’t even realize the fact his African hell and European hell was destroyed.”

“WHAT?!” Jessica shrieked and some people looked to they table with disturbed expressions. “I’m sorry,” Jessica bowed her head in apology. “And what’s happening to the souls that didn’t make it to the Heaven?”

“I don’t know,” Kim Bum answered. “They’re probably wandering on the earth. Maybe they’re causing some accidents, we don’t know. I don’t know.”

“And… how does this involve you? How do you know about it?”

“I’m probably the only demon from Europe that survived… I…” Kim Bum looked somewhere behind Jessica with blank expression on his face.

“What is it?”

“It’s just… When I saw you in Rome, I immediately recognized you. Don’t be surprised, you’re quite famous around the whole world. Jessica Jung. The one who defeated Asmodis. You were supposed to be the master of the Hell, like the Hell hell. The main Hell.”

“Yeah, I know what you’re trying to say. Continue.”

“I knew I need to tell you. But it’s not safe in Europe and I had to make sure it’s you after I met you in Rome. He might be anywhere… After he destroyed two bases, he must be very powerful. Just imagine it. You have to warn your mistress.”

“Yeah, I will send my sister a text, she will inform her.”

“…” Kim Bum frowned and looked at Jessica, obviously puzzled. “A… text?”

“You know… like cell phone.” Jessica showed him her iPhone.

“But… why don’t you contact her through your mind?” he asked, confused.

“Oh… I can’t do that… I don’t have my powers anymore,” Jessica laughed.

What??!! “B-but…” Kim Bum was taken aback. “I can feel it. When I focus, I can feel you’re a demon.”

“I didn’t say I’m not a demon. I just said I don’t have my powers…” Kim Bum still looked confused. That was something he didn’t expect. “Eh… Let it be, don’t think about it much, it’s a long story and I have my reasons.”

“…Sure…” I’m going to kill her! She knew for sure, yet she didn’t tell me! Never trust your slaves.

Jessica sent Krystal the text. She noticed Kim Bum is staring at her the whole time.

“What is it?” she asked.

“Nothing… Just… nothing.”

“Uhh… Whatever. But… what are we going to do?”

“I don’t know, how am I supposed to know? It’s up to Mistress to deal with it somehow. I just wanted to warn you, so you could prepare.”

“Yeah… Listen, I gotta go, it’s getting late.”

“Oh, sure, I’m sorry,” Kim Bum immediately stood up. “Miss!” he called the waitress. Gain came and he paid for the bill.

“Go, I will call myself a taxi,” Jessica said. Kim Bum bowed and walked away. Jessica sighed. Weird… Really really weird.

“Who’s that guy?” Gain wondered.

“Oh… Nobody, just somebody I know…” Jessica answered.

“Are you dating him?”

“Of course not! I have my Yuri!” Jessica said, offended.

“Sure… So she knows about this.”

Jessica looked at the waitress with a sharp expression. Gain suddenly felt somehow uncomfortable. “You’d better not tell anybody about this.”

“O-okay.”

 

“Park Gyuri! Do you understand what I’m saying?!” Gyuri slowly turned around, put her lip gloss aside and looked at the angry angel.

“What is it, Hyomin? I know I’m amazing, but why everybody has to go to me when he has any problem?” she asked, obviously uninterested.

“I’m going crazy because of her! How did that girl become an angel? The only things she thinks of are her stupid videogames! She keeps whining and she has those puppy eyes and so much aegyo I just can’t say no to her!”

Gyuri stared at her. “But that’s not my problem you can’t handle her. I don’t see any relevant reason why should I give her to somebody else. It’s your work, you shouldn’t be biased, you should treat everybody the same way. Be strict like you are to every other trainee. I don’t know why can’t you say no to her, but I guess it’s something personal. Don’t get your personal life mixed with your work.”

“I know, but…”

“But? Just deal with it on your own, I’m too busy to handle your petty problems. I have to go to the Earth…” Gyuri looked into the huge mirror that was above her table. “And I have to go to the salon when I’m down there…” she mumbled for herself as she tugged her hair in dissatisfaction.

Hyomin heard it and frowned. “And my problems are petty,” she stated and left Gyuri’s room.

 

“Yeah, baby…” Taeyeon moaned. “Wait…” she pulled away from Tiffany and she used her hand to sweep all those papers from her table. “What about a table ?”

“Sure, why not,” Tiffany smirked as she helped Taeyeon sit on the table.

CRANK!

“Unnie, we have- OH MY GOD! WHY AGAIN??“ High pitched shriek came out from Krystal’s mouth as soon as she spotted the two in front of her.

Tiffany let go of Taeyeon and looked at Krystal, blushing. “Heyyy… How are you?” she said, awkwardly.

“Rhetorical question?” Krystal said, irritated.

“Great timing, baby Jung, as always…” Taeyeon said, irritated as well.

“Whatever, we have a huuuge problem!”

“What is it?”

Krystal just took her cell phone out of her pocket and showed it to Taeyeon. Short devil looked at the display and her girlfriend peeked over her shoulder. “That’s… That’s…” Tiffany started. Taeyeon nodded. Her eyes widened. She gave cell phone back to Krystal.

“I know… That means we’re going to have hard times.”

“Well, I did what I was supposed to do, so if you now excuse me,” Krystal lightly bowed and left the room.

“This is bad…” Tiffany said.

“Yeah… Everything goes wrong… I mean… didn’t she just called me unnie? I really think disaster is coming…”

 

Jessica took keys out of her bag and as quietly as possible she opened the door. It was already past eleven and she assumed Yuri is sleeping, but she soon realized she’s wrong. Yuri was sitting in the living room, watching TV, waiting for her girlfriend.

“What took you so long?” Yuri asked calmly, but Jessica felt something’s wrong.

“I’m sorry, I lost track of time… Tiffany had a lot to say and so did I… I’m sorry, baby.”

“Why is your phone off?”

“It is? It must have run out of battery… Look, I’m really sorry…”

Yuri sadly smiled and came to her girlfriend. She hugged her. “I believe you. You wouldn’t lie, right?” But why do I get that feeling something is wrong?

“Of course I wouldn’t…” But I don’t want to upset you… This is not important… At least not yet…