Chapter 36

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“Nothing?” Tiffany asked Jessica. The other girl just shook her head. She just spent several hours in hell, trying to find any solution in Taeyeon’s books.

“I’m sorry,” Jessica said and sat on the couch, next to Taeyeon’s body.

“Damn it!” Tiffany cursed and smashed her fist against the wall. She hit it hard, so the plaster cracked.

“Calm down, Tiffany,” Jessica said. “It’s our house you’re destroying.”

“I’m sorry,” Tiffany mumbled. “I’ll fix that.”

“That’s okay, it’s understandable you’re upset,” Yuri said as she entered the room. She went to Jessica and hugged her around the waist. “You’re back?”

“Yeah.”

Yuri suddenly frowned. “Something’s weird.”

 “What is it?”

“Your stomach… it’s bigger.”

“Really?” Jessica asked, confused.

“Yeah… much bigger actually. I can feel it when I hug you. It’s… weird.”

“I feel a bit weird for the past few hours, but I though it’s just the stress… Maybe it’s not?”

Yuri frowned. “Maybe I’m overreacting… but it’s weird.”

“Have you tried calling Krystal?” Jessica changed the topic.

“Still unreachable.”

“Damn that girl…” Jessica mumbled. “What are we going to do?”

“I… don’t know,” Yuri said and looked at her wife.

“I… I know… I hate to say this, but… I think there’s nothing we can do right now.”

 

“This… How did he do that?” Hyoyeon said as she stared at the river. “It’s like the bridge has never been there! And it was a big bridge,” she said as she looked at the page from the newspaper.

Krystal was just frowning, not saying anything.

“What? You know how did he do that?”

“I have… no idea…” she shook her head. “But it’s weird… He wasn’t that powerful before… something had to change…”

She took out her mobile phone and turned it on. “Oh, it’s working again!” she said, surprised. “I guess it’s not so cold here.”

The phone beeped several times as she got zillion texts about missed calls. “They were calling me, like crazy… What the hell happened?”

She checked her voice mail. “You have three new messages,” the cell phone announced.

*Beep!*

“Soojung! Why the hell isn’t your phone on?! Call me back asap, it’s urgent.”

*Beep!*

“How long are you going to be unreachable? It’s an emergency, you may need to come back. Call me back, okay?!”

*Beep!*

“Okay… Soojung…“

“Sica, give it me, go try to calm down Tiffany, I don’t know what to do anymore.”

“Oh, Yuri-yah! Oh! Okay… It went to a voice mail.”

“Voice mail? Okay… Hey, Krystal, I don’t know if Sica told you already or not, but Taeyeon is dead and we need you-”

Ding!

Krystal dropped the phone. She looked at Hyoyeon, shocked. The other girl looked as shocked as Krystal was.

“What did she say?” Hyoyeon gulped.

“Taeyeon, she’s… We need to hurry up,” Krystal decided and grabbed Hyoyeon’s hand. She was just about to pull her away, when she bumped into some girl. “I’m sorry,” she mumbled.

“Wait,” the girl she stopped them. “Are you two after Kim Bum?”

 

Sunny looked into a mirror and pouted. She was not really confident with the outfit she was wearing. Cute yellow dress and matching shoes… She though like it doesn’t really complement her short blonde hair. She snapped her fingers and her clothes changed to blue top and tight jeans. She knew she will hide her wings once they’ll reach earth, but right now, she felt like the blue doesn’t look good with her wings. She groaned in frustration. “I don’t knowwww!”

Today was her first official date with Sooyoung. And she felt like a high schooler going on her first date like ever. She snapped her fingers again and the blue top changed it color to white. She pouted. Then she heard a knock on her door.

“Crap!” she cursed as she looked at the clock. Sooyoung was here. “Ughh… Never mind,” she said as she went to the door and opened it.

There was she. Choi Sooyoung. Wearing a black top with red stripes and long tight jeans. It made her look so freakin hot! She had her hair tied up in a cute ponytail and she was smiling happily. Oh, she had her wings out as well though.

“Hi, Sunny bunny,” she said.

“Hi,” Sunny answered with a nervous smile.

“You look gorgeous, can we go?”

“Uh, sure, you too. Let’s go.”

 

They transferred on the earth and hid their wings. They were in an old abandoned building. Angels and demons usually transfer to the places like that, because there are usually no people around. Obviously.

“So, where are we going?” Sunny asked. Sooyoung insisted that she would be the initiative one this time.

“You’ll see.”

“And where the heck are we?”

“You’ll see, shorty,” Sooyoung repeated.

“Don’t call me a shorty!” Sunny said, offended.

“Come here,” Sooyoung took Sunny’s hand in hers and led her outside the building.

Sunny followed, not saying anything. They walked outside. And they were standing in front of a huge hill. And on the top of the hill there was…

“Namsan Tower,” Sunny breather out.

Sooyoung smiled. “Exactly, what do you say?”

“You’re cute,” Sunny laughed.

“Come on, let’s go up,” Sooyoung said and led Sunny up right to the Namsan Tower.

They walked hand in hand, smiling. And soon they reached their destination. They went up and simply enjoyed the view. Sooyoung gave Sunny a back hug.

“You see those locks over there?” she asked and pointed at the railing.

“Yeah,” Sunny nodded. “I think it’s cute.”

“Well…” Sooyoung took out a pink heart-shaped lock out of nowhere. It was probably in her pocket. “What about we do the same thing?”

Sunny nodded, smiling happily. “Sure!”

They walked to the railing and added the lock to the others. They closed it together with smile on their faces. Sunny then tried to pull it, making sure it’s locked there securely. Then she looked at Sooyoung.

“It’s perfect,” she said.

“It’s not,” Sooyoung shook her head.

“How come?” Sunny asked.

Sooyoung just smiled mysteriously and hugged her around her waist, pulling her closer. Then she leaned in and kissed her really gently.

She pulled away after a few second and smiled.

“Now it’s perfect.”

 

“Sica-yah, go upstairs and take a nap if you don’t feel well, okay?” Yuri said with a concern in her voice.

Jessica just nodded. “Yeah,” she said and slowly walked upstairs. She was feeling nauseous and her stomach hurt a bit. Or a lot. But she didn’t want to startle Yuri, so she didn’t really say a word. But Yuri noticed of course and sent her upstairs.

So Jessica went and lied on the bed. She also had a slight headache, so she closed her eyes. She was rubbing her stomach, hoping the pain would go away soon. But it was still there.

“Aish…” she gritted her teeth. “What the hell is this?” she wondered aloud.

Well, at least it wasn’t getting worse. But her stomach felt seriously weird. She was sweating a lot, she probably had a fever and she felt exhausted for some reason. Soon she fell asleep…

 

“Are you two after Kim Bum?”

Krystal and Hyoyeon stared at the pretty and young Asian girl, shocked.

“Are you Korean or is it the language spell?” Hyoyeon asked, frowning.

“Kim Bum?” Krystal said, ignoring Hyoyeon. “Who are you?”

“Oh, so she’s Korean, it’s not the spell,” Hyoyeon mumbled for herself.

“I’m Jung Yongjoo, but call me Nicole,” the girls smiled shortly, making her eyes disappear.  Then she turned serious again.

“Gee, you remind me of this one angel I know,” Krystal said, irritated.

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. “Another Jung? What’s up with that surname?”

“You know, my father wasn’t a really…creative person,” Krystal answered.

“He named you Krystal. With a K and a Y.”

“Yeah, and he also named my older sister Jessica.”

Nicole coughed awkwardly, so they both realized she’s still there.

“Oh, right, you, what did you say about Kim Bum?”

“You’re after him, right? I heard some rumors mistress from the main base sent two of her best people to find him… So I assumed you’re going to be Asian and when I spotted you here, I just knew it’s you; there are not many Asians around-“

“Skip the blabbering, you’re talking too much,” Krystal interrupted. “What do you know about him?”

“He should be really near, like really near…” she said mysteriously and looked around suspiciously.

Krystal tapped her finger against her tight, annoyed. “Be more specific, girl. Who are you?”

“Oh, I’m one of you, of course,” Nicole eye-smiled. “Can’t you feel it?”

“Fine, so you’re a demon… and how are you attached to Kim Bum or… anybody we know?” Krystal continued with her questions.

“Uhhh…” Nicole’s smile faded away. “I lived in America and so did my younger sister Jiyoung. But one time they send her to Africa, because they needed more people there… She never came back,” Nicole whispered. “Few days later we found out all African demons were killed… by this one guy… Kim Bum,” she gritted her teeth.

Krystal looked at Hyoyeon, who was just listening, not really saying anything, sometimes nodding. “So… you?” Krystal looked back at Nicole.

“So I went here… to kill him.”

“Can you help us?” Hyoyeon suddenly asked.

“I want to…”

“Can we trust you?”

“You have nothing to lose, I’m not very powerful,” Nicole shrugged.

Krystal scratched her head. “Stay here, we have to talk about it,” she said and dragged Hyoyeon away.

“Why not?” Hyoyeon asked immediately. “She seems fine. She’s cute.”

“Yeah, she reminds me of Tiffany so much, it freaks me out a little,” Krystal nodded. “But that’s off topic… Do you think we can trust her?”

“Well, she has a point, we have nothing to lose since we have no idea what to do right now,” Hyoyeon said.

“Do you believe her the ‘younger sister’ story?”

“I don’t know…” Hyoyeon shrugged. “I guess it’s possible.”

“Damn, I really wish I could read people’s minds…” Krystal shook her head a bit. “Okay… Let’s go talk to her. We can at least hear her out.”

“Okay, let’s go back then.”

They returned and Nicole was still standing there.

“Hey, we made out decision,” Krystal stated.

“And that is?”

“Help us. What more do you know? Any idea where Kim Bum could possibly hide?”

Nicole smiled brightly. “Have you tried Pripyat?”

“Pri-what?”

“Pripyat, gee,” Nicole rolled her eyes. “It’s a city nearby, pretty much abandoned and- aish, you know what, let’s go there and you’ll see yourselves.”

“Oh, by the way, I’m Hyoyeon and this is Krystal,” Hyoyeon joined the conversation again.

“Okay,” Nicole laughed and winked at Hyoyeon, causing her to get a weird feeling in her stomach. What the…?

 

 

A/N: I'm updating often now, see? ^^ That's because I don't want you to kill me for the storyline :D Maybe fast updates will make it up to you...

Just wanna say that this fanfic has around 42 chapters (not sure right now and too lazy to check xD) so... it's slowly reching its end :)

Yay for HyoCole?