Chapter 18

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“So let’s get married.”

Jessica stared at Yuri in disbelieve. “What?”

“Come on, let’s get married. We are here, altar’s here, all we have to do is say ‘I do’.”

“B-but…” Jessica was too surprised. “We… we don’t have rings!” she eventually said. Yuri smiled.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I know you would prefer it this way.”

She stood up and looked for something through her pockets. She took out a small box. Jessica’s jaw slowly dropped as she watched Yuri kneel or her left knee and opened the box with a really beautiful diamond ring.

“And now? Will you marry me, Jessica Jung?”

“Oh my god, Yuri!”

Yuri broke their eye contact for a second, slightly irritated. When she looked back at Jessica she said: “Oh please, Sica, close your mouth and answer.”

“Eh… eh…” Jessica stuttered and Yuri gave her another significant look. “YES!!!!!” Jessica immediately jumped on Yuri and hugged her tightly, but the younger girl lost a balance and they ended up lying on the cold floor.

Yuri hissed a little, because her back hit the ground quite a lot. “Yuri-yah! Are you okay?” Jessica said, worried.

“Yes, I’m fine, don’t overreact.” She stood up and helped Jessica stand up too. She held her hand and walked with her to the altar.

“B-but… Yuri, what about that guy that was saying those boring stuffs during Nichkhun’s and Victoria’s ceremony?”

“You mean the parson?”

“Oh yeah, that one. Sorry, forgot the word.”

Yuri chuckled. “I think we can do well even without him. Hey, thinking about it, how come he didn’t come to check the church after the wedding? He disappeared…”

“I have a feeling Krystal got rid of him in some violent way. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he would be lying somewhere unconscious. Knocking down random people is her most favorite thing to do.”

“Wait, hold on. Are we talking about Krystal’s weird habits or are we getting married?”

“Oh… I’m sorry. So?”

“Uhm… Let me start…” Yuri held Jessica’s right hand with her right hand (she was still holding the box in the left one), looked deeply into Jessica’s eyes and cleared . “I, Kwon Yuri, take you, Jessica Jung, to be my partner, loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know. I am thankful for the chance to grow together, getting to know the woman you will become, and falling in love a little more every day. I promise to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us. I promise to be by your side every day, every hour, every second of my life and to never leave you. I love you. Don’t Cry.“

“I-I…” Jessica sobbed. “I can’t… not cry.” Tears kept running down her cheeks creating a small waterfall. “This was too… too beautiful to handle.”

Yuri smiled and finally took the ring out of the box and put it around Jessica’s finger. Then she used her thumb to wipe off Jessica’s tears. “You’re gonna ruin your make up.”

“I think I already did,” Jessica whined and Yuri chuckled.

“But you still look beautiful.”

“It’s my turn… But… you… won’t have a ring?”

“Oh, you mean this one?” Yuri took another ring out of inner pocket of her suit. It was almost the same as the first one. Jessica immediately took it from her.

“My turn,” she said, firm. “But I’m afraid I won’t be able to say something as beautiful as you just did…” She paused so she could briefly think about things she’s about to say. “Ehh, I’m not able to think of something nonchalant and noble, so I will just say everything that comes to my mind…”

She took Yuri’s hand and slowly started. “I, Jessica Jung, take you, Kwon Yuri, to be my friend, my lover, the father of my children and my husband. I will be forever with you, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow. I will love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through no matter what we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart and my love.” Jessica put ring around Yuri’s finger. And now it was Yuri’s turn to tear up.

“And you said you wouldn’t be able to think of something beautiful… Liar.”

Jessica chuckled. “You may now kiss the bride,” she said cheekily.

Yuri just stared at her blankly. “Oh gosh, I think my husband is broken. Just kiss me, oh my god!” Jessica grabbed Yuri’s collar and pulled her closed. Their lips touched and Jessica kissed Yuri, who was still out of her mind, passionately. After that, Yuri quickly caught on and kissed her back. They pulled away only when more oxygen was needed.

“Wait… Why am I the husband?” Yuri suddenly said in between more kisses.

“Because I want to be the girl. And you’re wearing a suit, I’m wearing a dress, duh.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“I wore a suit because the wedding was too sudden and I didn’t have enough time to get a dress!”

“It’s a good think, you don’t have a dress, you look hot like this… But I’m still the wife; I’m the one who got pregnant.”

“Okay… whatever you say, my wife…”

They continued kissing, when suddenly Jessica felt Yuri’s hand on her back, trying to her dress. “Wha-what are you doing?”

“What do you think?” Yuri kissed Jessica’s jaw line and then her neck and collar bone.

“We-we can’t! We are in church!”

“But I want you right now… I need you right now…” Jessica shivered as Yuri bit her earlobe a little.

“Oh, Yuri… This… We… Church… Ahh…” Jessica felt Yuri’s tongue to hit the right spot on her neck and gave up. “Fine, but Dominus is going to be so angry!”

“Can’t you just shut up and follow your instincts?”

“… … … Yu-Yuri-yah, I can’t…”

 

Sunny’s eyes were shining. She was wandering in the middle of Seoul. It was already midnight, so there was almost nobody around. Then she spotted it in a dark alley. It was sparkling there like gold. The white spot in the black area. It was breathtaking. It was something she was always yearning for. She would even die for it. There’s no more beautiful thing in the world for her.

She slowly walked towards it, so she could take a better look at it. Why is it here? Lying on the ground like this. She finally approached the thing and touched it. It was brand new Xbox 360 with full equipment. It was still wrapped in a transparent cover, but it wasn’t in a box. Sunny quickly looked around. There was nobody around. She didn’t understand. Where did this come from? It’s not even in a box. Who would leave something as amazing as this here, just like that?

“Weird…” she mumbled. But then she smiled. Maybe it’s a gift for her. Gift. Gift. Gift. Gift. She died and she doesn’t know what to do, so maybe… It’s Xbox for god’s sake! Xbox. Xbox. Xbox. Even more sparks appeared in Sunny’s eyes as she examined the device. She gulped. Her dream just came true.

“Wait,” she said aloud. “No.” She shook her head. “I shouldn’t. This is a very bad thing. It’s not mine.” But it’s so… “NO! Lee Sunkyu, no! Don’t touch it!”

Sunny felt really tempted, but suddenly her inner voice told her this is bad thing to do. She’s not a thief. And this has to belong to somebody. Or… not? YES! It has to!

She took a deep breath. She was torn inside. “I don’t know what to do… That girl from earlier! What was her name? Uhhh… Summer! Yes! Of course… Summer!! Summer Choi!!” she yelled. Nothing happened.

“Gah, that girl is good for nothing…” Sunny sighed after few minutes of waiting. “I can’t take this, even though I want this…” she said finally and her voice sounded surprisingly firm. “Okay Sunny, now be a good girl and walk away,” she told to herself. She slowly moved her feet backwards. “I want this so much,” she whined. “Bye bye the most amazing thing in the world…”

She was still walking backwards, not wanting to let go of such an opportunity of how to get Xbox for free. The Xbox was becoming smaller and smaller and after a while, she couldn’t see it anymore. Then she heard some scream nearby…