Chapter 1

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Cute cheerful short girl with long brown hair was doing her everyday jogging in a park. She was in a very good mood today, weather was great and it looked like she will have a very beautiful day today. She was listening to her favorite song and it made her smile even more. She took her cell phone out of her pocket and checked the time. Almost 7:30 am. She decided to go back home, so she won’t be late for school that starts at nine. Next year she will finish college and she will open her own hospital in Africa. She’s young, ambitious, rich, smart and beautiful. Everything in her life has been working out well for her so far.

 She slowed down and turned down volume on her mp3 player as she spotted the gate that led back to the city. Suddenly she heard some screaming. She looked around and spotted two guys fighting with some poor girl. “Yah! What the hell are you doing to her!” she yelled.

“HELP ME! PLEASE!” that girl cried.

 She ran towards them, determined to help that girl. She didn’t even notice one of the guys had a knife. She grabbed the boy’s wrist and kicked him into his stomach. He groaned in pain. “What the-?”

“Leave her alone!”

“Yah! Who are you?!” guy yelled.

“Go away!” she yelled, but suddenly she felt huge pain in her lower back. She screamed and fell on the ground.

“What did you do, you idiot?!” one of the guys yelled.

“I- I didn’t want to stab her, it just happened!”

“What are you waiting for? Run away before that other chick calls the cops! Go!” Those were the last words that girl heard before she fell unconscious…

 

She slowly opened her eyes. She closed them again as the bright white light blinded her. She blinked several times and her eyes got used to the light. She realized she’s lying on the floor in some white room.

“You’re awake?” an unfamiliar female voice asked. “It was about time.”

“Where am I? How did I get here?” she tried to sit up, but failed. Then she realized she’s covered with only white blanket, no clothes on. “And why the hell am I ?!”

“I felt a little uncomfortable too, so I covered you,” the voice said. She looked the direction it came from and spotted tall dark-haired girl with white skin wearing long white robe, some white flowers in the hair and… wings? She must have gone crazy.

“Where am I?” she repeated. “Who are you?”

“Do you remember anything?” the girl asked. She tried to recall what the last thing she did was.

“I went jogging… and… I don’t know…”

“Okay…please don’t freak out. You’re dead.”

“WHAT?!”

“Please, don’t freak out!”

“Okay…” she took a deep breath. She’s crazy. Oh yeah and so is that tall girl over there.

“Try to remember,” the girl said. “You died. You attempted to save one girl; two guys were trying to steal her bag. And they killed you accidently.”

She thought about it. She was jogging… and yes, she saw a fight and she… “Oh my god! You’re right!” She immediately touched her lower back but the wound was gone. “Am I dead?”

“Yes, you are,” the girl nodded. “But you’ve been given an opportunity to live again, Sunkyu.”

“Call me Sunny.”

“Sunny. You lived your life right, so we are giving you an opportunity to become an angel and guard humans.”

“Ugh… too much information… who are you again?” Sunny rubbed her forehead.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Seohyun and I’m an angel as you may have noticed. I’m here to introduce you to your new life…”

 

“Taemin! Sooyoung! Krystal!” Three people appeared in front of their boss and lightly bowed. Yes, even Krystal.

“Yes, mistress?”

“I want your reports. Taemin, any troubles with our covers? Nobody revealed secret? No information leaked, right?”

“Everything looks fine, my mistress.”

“Fine. You can go.” Taemin bowed and disappeared. “Sooyoung. How’s guards’ work ethic? Gate and everything, is it fine? And in Heaven is everything okay?”

“Yes,” tall girl with long black hair nodded. “We had minor issues with Dara, when she refused working over time, but everything is solved already.”

“Fine. If that issue repeats, make sure you will tell me. You can go now.” Sooyoung bowed and disappeared as well.

“Krystal?”

“Taeyeon?” Krystal smirked.

“Is everything okay with death souls? No problems?” Taeyeon asked.

“No. I’m very capable, you know.”

“I know. Otherwise I wouldn’t appoint you commander-in-chief as soon as you turned twenty.”

“I’m thankful for that,” Krystal smiled. “So can I go?”

“No, wait. Tell me, how’s your sister? I haven’t seen her in a really long time.”

“She’s been doing fine, I think. She was pretty excited about her trip to Italy with Yuri last time I spoke to her.”

“They’re in Italy?” Taeyeon looked surprised. “Wow, I didn’t even know, Tiffany didn’t mention anything… Maybe she doesn’t know about it as well, she’s been pretty busy too lately.”

“I know. You two still have tons of work, right?”

“Whoa… No stupid comments like: ‘I see, you’ve been busy with Tiffany in bed lately’?”

Krystal stared at her. “No. I’ve grown up already. I’m mature now. And you should grow up too.” With those words, Krystal disappeared.

“Tsss… Grown up? But still sassy… Still sassy…”

 

“Oh my gosh! Hi!” Yoona jumped out of her bed as soon as she spotted girl in the middle of the room and hugged her.

“Hi, unnie.”

“I told you zillion times not to call me unnie. I’m not older than you, Hyun.”

“You are older than I was when I died, so basically you are older.” Yoona looked puzzled, but she just brushed it off.

“…… Yeah, whatever. Anyways, I haven’t seen you in a really long time.”

“I have been really busy. Many people died in a last week, so I have been working like crazy lately… That… didn’t sound right. I’m not a gravedigger.”

Yoona smiled. “Yeah, I understand.”

  “Yesterday I got another girl. She’s okay, but I’m thinking about asking Gyuri to take her. I’m already too busy; I can’t take care of another angel. But I didn’t come here to complain. How’s college so far?”

“It’s okay. There’s that super-handsome guy living across the hall,” Yoona smiled.

“Really?”

“Yeah, I don’t know his name, but he’s so hot! I’m working on him. Last time I accidently bumped into him, hehe.”

“Mhmm… Well, good luck,” Seohyun pouted. She felt slightly uncomfortable, as she really didn’t know anything about boys and relationships. Or maybe it had some different reason? Well, she didn’t mind Tiffany talking about Taeyeon every second possible…

“Thanks, I will need it.”