Chapter 3

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“It’s our last evening in Rome. We’re flying back home tomorrow…” Jessica sighed. She was lying on the bed, watching her girlfriend, who was just changing her clothes.

“But this vacation was great,” Yuri said.

“Yeah. But I kinda wish we would see more from Rome. We spent the whole week here in bed!”

“That ain’t true! We saw Colosseum and that huge fountain!” Yuri opposed.

“Aside from that?”

“What more can you see in Rome?”

“I don’t know, Vatican maybe? See that guide book? It’s pretty thick!” Jessica pointed at small handbook on the bed table.

“Since we’re flying back home in a few hours, let’s go to the bar. We haven’t been in any except for the one in hotel,” Yuri suggested.

“Yeah, why not. Let’s go.”

 

Taeyeon was staring into the fireplace in the corner of her room. She blinked several times and shook her head. Maybe she’s hallucinating? Suddenly somebody hugged her from behind. “What’s up, honey?”

“Oh… Fany…” Taeyeon turned around and kissed the other girl on the lips. “Nothing, it was just… never mind, I think I’m overworked.”

“I know. You are so busy lately…”

“Yeah…” Taeyeon hugged Tiffany a put her hands around her girlfriend’s waist. They were hugging for a while and Taeyeon’s hand slid a little bit lower.

“Yah! Byuntae!” Tiffany showed her beautiful eye-smile and playfully slapped Taeyeon’s shoulder as she pulled away.

“Whaaaat?”

Before Tiffany could answer, somebody knocked the door. “Come in!” Taeyeon said, she didn’t even bother to let go of Tiffany’s waist and… .

“Oh… You called me, mistress?”

“Sure, Sooyoung,” Taeyeon smiled at blushing girl. “I have a task for you.”

Sooyoung didn’t say anything, she just nodded. Why me? Why does she always have to call me when she’s Tiffany? Why is MY boss such a ert?! Wae?!

“Take this letter and give it to Dominus,” Taeyeon handed Sooyoung a piece of paper that was locked in her table.

“Huh? What’s that? Why don’t you send me?” Tiffany frowned. “I’m a messenger. And Heaven’s representative in Hell.”

“Well, Sooyoung is a messenger too. It’s nothing important… And I can’t send you, because I need you here, with me,” Taeyeon smiled and patted Tiffany’s . Sooyoung was suffering inside.

“Is that all, mistress?” she asked.

“Yeah, get out,” Taeyeon didn’t even looked at Sooyoung; she had her eyes only for Tiffany now. Sooyoung disappeared in a second. Taeyeon leaned in, wanting to kiss Tiffany, but her eyes wandered to the fireplace. The fire looked like usually, that weird thing was gone.

“What is it?” Tiffany asked.

“Nothing…” Taeyeon assumed she really is just overworked. “Just…” she didn’t even finish her sentence; she just looked back at Tiffany and captured her lips with hers…

 

“No… No. No! NO! NOOOO!” Sunny was hitting buttons on a PSP like crazy. “Craaaaaap!” She sighed. She put the PSP on a table next to her and looked at the opened book. History of Heavenly society and its rules. Sooooo boooriiing. She actually started reading it. She was sitting on a couch in a huge lobby with this huge book when she saw that one guy playing Warcraft on his PSP. It took her a while to persuade that guy, but after she promised, she will give him her Wii once she’ll become an angel and will be able to go to the Earth, he agreed and borrowed her his PSP. She sighed again and looked back at PSP. She took it and started to play again.

“Where the heck did you get that??!!” a voice above her yelled.

“Oh, Hyomin…” before Sunny could answer, the angel took the PSP from her. Hyomin looked at the small appliance.

“World of Warcraft? Of course. Cho Kyuhyun, I’m so gonna kill you for spoiling my charges,” she mumbled.

“But…” Sunny looked at Hyomin with those puppy eyes again. Awwww, so cute… No! Get a hold of yourself, Hyomin!

“I will give it back to you after you read those books,” she said eventually, but her voice was shaking. Damn iiiiiit!

“Fine… I will read it all,” Sunny smiled. Eye-smile…

“D-don’t try to cheat! A-and go back to your room!” Hyomin mentally slapped herself for stuttering. But that girl is just so damn cute! How can she possible say no to her?

Sunny stood up, took the book and went back to her room…

 

“Where am I again?” Sooyoung looked around, confused. She’s been working as a messenger for a while by now and she’s also Hell’s representative in Heaven, but her sense of direction’s so off, she still didn’t memorize the way to Dominus’ chamber. “Gosh… Why is everything so white? How am I supposed to know where I am, when every single room and corridor looks the same?” Suddenly she spotted some girl, going somewhere. She was all in white, but she didn’t have wings, which means she’s not an angel. Ehhh, who cares? “Hey, you! Shorty with a huge book!” Sooyoung called her.

 “You mean me?” The girl turned around, looking pissed. “Who do you think you are, you Namsan tower?!”

Sooyoung almost burst out laughing, but she decided to keep serious face. But that was so damn cute. “How do I get to the main lobby?” she asked.

“Uhm… Who are you? You look… weird. You’re in black, your wings are black without feathers and you have gold eyes. What do you want? What are you doing here?”

“Aaah… I see. You’re a newbie. Otherwise you would recognize a visitor from Hell. Look shorty-”

“Call me Sunny.”

“Look Sunny. My boss gave me a letter for your boss, so can you please tell me, where the main lobby is?”

“Go this way and then to the left.”

“Thanks, Bunny,” Sooyoung immediately went the direction Sunny pointed out.

“It’s Sunny!” the short one yelled, but Sooyoung didn’t really care. Sunny was staring at the demon until she disappeared behind the corner. “Visitor from Hell? So that was a demon?” she mumbled for herself. “Interesting… I hope we’ll meet again, Namsan tower.”

 

“My god, this was amazing!” Jessica said, as she sat back down on her chair and wiped her sweaty forehead.

“I know… This club is awesome; I had no idea Europeans dance so much!” Yuri agreed.

“I feel more tired than after one night with you.”

Yuri stared at her girlfriend. “Liar.”

“Fine… So after one round with you.”

“Still not true. And I will prove it to you back in the hotel.”

“Sure you will…” Jessica ordered two more drinks for them and looked around the bar. The dance floor was full, the DJ was great and the atmosphere was simply amazing. She stared at some guy, who was sitting in a dark corner, alone. She couldn’t see his face, but there was something about him that caught her attention. Suddenly one of the laser effects lightened his face. “Oh god,” Jessica whispered.

“What is it?” Yuri frowned.

“There’s that creepy Korean guy from before. And he looks even creepier, sitting there and drinking alone,” Jessica looked at Yuri. “Don’t turn around. He can’t know I saw him, god knows what he would do.”

Yuri gulped. “Can we return to the hotel? It has gotten quite uncomfortable now.”

“Sure… but let’s drink this first,” Jessica pointed at two glasses barman just gave them. “Can we pay?” Jessica asked him in English.

“Sí. Sí. Certamente!” He handed them a bill and Jessica took some Euros out of her pocket.

“Is it okay?” The barman nodded. Yuri and Jessica both wanted to get out of the bar as soon as possible so they just drank their drinks one shot.

“Let’s go.”

“Tornare ancora, belle signore!” the barman told them smiling when they were leaving.

“No idea what he just said,” Jessica whispered.

“Who cares? Let’s get out of here…”