Chapter 32

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Tiffany went downstairs to Yuri’s small lab in the basement. She found her sitting behind her table, typing furiously into her lap top.

“Yuwree!” Tiffany shrieked in excitement and ran toward the scientist.

Yuri stood up and smiled when she noticed the shining angel.

“Tiffany, what are you doing here?” she asked and went towards her to welcome her with a friendly hug.

“It’s you birthday the day after tomorrow. I’m here to give you a birthday gift! From me, Taeyeon and… Park Gyuri,” Tiffany mumbled the last name. “I have to count her in too, she’s pretty much the one who made it possible,” she shrugged as she explained.

“Made possible… what?” Yuri asked, suspicious. “Park Gyuri?”

“Do you trust me?” Tiffany smiled.

“Right now… Not really,” Yuri answered honestly.

“I’ll take that as ‘yes’, so come here,” Tiffany pointed at the old couch that ended up in the lab/basement once she bought a new one. “Lie down,” Tiffany ordered.

“Sica knows about this?” Yuri asked as she carefully did what she was told.

“Of course she does and she was more than happy about this,” Tiffany reassured.

“O-okay,” Yuri stuttered a bit insecure about this whole thing. “What should I do now?”

“Just… close your eyes and don’t fight it. It may be a bit uncomfortable, but really, stay calm and don’t try to resist, otherwise I won’t be able to do it. I’m not that powerful, you know?”

Yuri nodded and closed her eyes. “Okay, so do it and… try not to kill me… You know my wife is pregnant right?”

Tiffany chuckled. “Of course I know. Now be quiet, I need to focus.”

Yuri kept closed and then she suddenly felt it. It got really cold in the room. She felt wind messing up her hair completely and she heard Tiffany mumbling some spells. Then suddenly she felt something heavy on her chest. She gulped and felt that heavy thing lifting, but it felt like it was taking her body with her. Like she got caught by a huge magnet. She stopped feeling the bed under her body, but that heavy thing was still on her chest. It was really uncomfortable, but she was too scared to look, so she kept her eyes closed. The her back hit something hard. She opened her eyes, shocked. That weird feeling was gone and there was nothing on her chest.   She realized she’s lying on the floor next to the couch and Tiffany’s eyes were fixed on her. The angel looked a bit worried.

“Are you okay? I’m so sorry! I’ve never done this before and I’m sorry I let you fall on the ground so harshly.”

“You-you’ve never done it before?” Yuri asked, completely terrified.

“Well, not to those that were supposed to come back. But I think everything went well. Stand up.”

Yuri stood up and the first thing she noticed was that she was lying on the couch, unconscious. But she was standing next to Tiffany. But she could see her body.

“What the?” she asked, confused and shocked.

“Oh, I took your soul out of your body.”

“Why?”

“You’ll… you’ll see.”

“I’m gonna kill you Hwang, really.”

“No you’re not,” Tiffany smiled, confident. “Main reason is because you’ll like this. And the other reason is you’re not even able to touch me now,” she giggled.

“Huh? What are you-“ Yuri tried to touch Tiffany’s arm, but her hand just went through Tiffany’s body. She stared at her hand in disbelieve before trying to touch Tiffany again. But her hand just entered Tiffany’s body again. She moved her hand from side to side, watching it entering Tiffany’s body again and again. Tiffany was frowning.

“Stop it, it feels weird,” she said.

“I can’t touch anything?”

“No, you can’t.”

“Then how come I can feel the floor under my feet and walk like a normal person?”

“Oh, that’s an exception. We had to upgrade the spell, because our souls kept disappearing under the ground. It was quite troublesome trying to get them back.”

“So? What are we going to do now?”

“First thing you need to know. Be careful not to walk through somebody. Your soul might get stuck in the body if the original soul is weaker than yours. It’s not like it’s impossible to get it out again, but try not to cause us any troubles. Oh and also it’s very impolite to walk through somebody. I still feel weird and you just used your hand.”

Yuri nodded. “Okay… So?”

“Let’s go.” The wind got stronger once again and a bright light blinded both of them.

 

As soon as Tiffany left the room, Jessica started to dress up. She looked at the clock. 5PM. She still has few hours till the shop closes. No need to hurry. But she couldn’t wait to see it, so she quickly left the house and headed downtown.

Jewelry shop. Here it is.

She entered the empty shop and bowed to the shop assistant briefly. “Good evening,” she said. “My name is Jessica Jung, I’m here to pick up my order.”

“Ooh, miss Jung, we were afraid you wouldn’t show up,” the woman said.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t make it earlier, because my husband kept watching my every step.”

The shop assistant raised her eyebrows, confused. “It’s a gift for your husband?”

“Yes,” Jessica nodded.

“But… you told us to make it look delicate and… feminine. In other words you wanted a necklace for a girl, right?”

Jessica nodded again. “Yes, that’s right. Can I see it?”

The shop assistant looked at her with a weird expression and then stared at Jessica’s stomach. But eventually she disappeared in a room behind a red curtain. Jessica assumed it’s some kind of storage there. That woman soon came back with a small blue box in her hand. Then she opened it right in front of Jessica’s eyes and showed it to her. There was a necklace made by a white gold. On a simple chain there were two letter intertwined together. Y and J. Jessica took it into her hand and examined it closer. She looked on the other side of the pendant only to see a small “forever” engraved there. Jessica smiled. It was quite simple, but still beautiful. That’s exactly how she wanted it to be. Yuri wasn’t really fond of big and spectacular accessories.

“Do you like it, miss?” the shop assistant asked.

Jessica smiled at her brightly. “It’s perfect. Here’s my credit card.”

 

“Whoa, that was…” Yuri touched her head.

“Wild ride, huh?” Tiffany chuckled. “You’ll get used to it.”

Yuri looked around. “Ooh… what is this place?

“Any idea?”

Yuri stared at those white houses, white floor and white sky above her head. “Heaven,” she sighed in amazement.

“Have you imagined it like this?”

Yuri shrugged. “I’ve never really thought about it. But I definitely didn’t expect it to be so… white. Even the floor, what is it made of?” Yuri knocked on the ground. It sounded like a glass.

“I have no idea,” Tiffany shrugged. “But Yuri, not everything here is white.”

“Let me guess, your room is pink,” Yuri rolled her eyes.

“Well… yeah,” the angel admitted. “I don’t really use my room anymore,” she added. “But more things here are not-white. We have rooms with transparent floors, so you can see down to the earth. And also there,” Tiffany pointed somewhere between houses. “We have huge gardens. The grass over there is green.”

Yuri pointed at a wreath on Tiffany’s head. “But you’re growing only white flowers over there. Otherwise you would have pink flowers in your hair.”

“Well, of course. But the grass is green.”

“Never mind… but what are we… doing here?”

“You see the door here?” Tiffany pointed at the door like a two meters away from them.

“Of course I do,” Yuri answered a bit irritated.

“Remember what I told you? The rule number one?”

“Not to touch people?”

“Exactly. Think about it once I’ll open the door. Don’t touch anybody.”

“O-okay,” Yuri nodded.

Tiffany knocked, opened the door and peeked inside.

“Tiffany?” a familiar voice asked.

Yuri gasped. “Y-Yoona? Yoona!” she stormed into the room, not minding she just ran through Tiffany’s arm.

“Aish,” the angel complained frowning. “You did it again!”

“Y-Yoona…” Yuri whispered, her voice still shaking.

Yoona was lying on her bed, reading books. When she spotted Yuri she immediately jumped on her feet. “Unnie!” she ran towards her sister to hug her, but Tiffany stopped her.

“Don’t touch her,” she warned.

“Why?”

“She’s just a soul that has come to visit you from Earth, she needs to come back. I’m sure you’ve already studied about souls of living people in Heaven.”

“Oh,” Yoona slowly nodded. “That’s right. I did. But unnie, what are you doing here?”

“It’s a birthday gift from me, Taeyeon and… Park Gyuri,” Tiffany flashed her eye-smile.

“You have no idea how much I wanna hug you Tiffany,” Yuri said with a genuine smile on her face.

“I’m gonna hug her on your behalf,” Yoona smiled. “Besides, it’s also a gift for me. Yoona hugged Tiffany tight. “Really thank you, unnie.”

“Ah, it’s not a big deal, really,” Tiffany chuckled. “I’m gonna leave you alone now. Yuri, I’ll be back tomorrow evening. I have to get you back to Earth before your birthday,” she winked.

Yuri nodded. “Sure, thanks a lot again, Tiffany.”

Tiffany smiled and left the room.

“So, how have you been?” Yoona asked. “You know, I checked on you few times. Seohyun showed me this one super cool thing with some special water. You can actually watch anybody on the earth through it. I shouldn’t do it, because it’s against the rules, but I pretty much had to, sorry, heh.”

“Yoona-yah,” Yuri sighed. “I really miss you, you know?”

 “Don’t worry,” Yoona chuckled. “I’m studying hard, I’m sure I’ll pass the test and once I’ll become an angel, I will visit you often.”

Yuri nodded. “I know… But Yoona-yah, I have some questions.”

”Like? You can ask me anything, I’ll answer if I know the answer.”

“What… exactly happened… to you? I talked to police few times. They told me you had a fight with some guy and he pushed you down the stairs. They said it was your boyfriend or something, apparently CCTV filmed it all. They wanted to show me, but I refused, I think you know why.”

“Oh, I see… well, I considered him my boyfriend, but now I realize he has never been one,” Yoona sighed.

“That mother f-“

“Unnie! You’re in Heaven! Watch your mouth please!” Yoona interrupted before it got ugly.

“Sorry… I meant, that jerk… I swear I would kill him if I could.”

“Jerk is… better,” Yoona said after a while. Then she smirked. “Anyways, unnie, don’t worry about him. I checked on him in prison too,” she giggled. “I know it’s really inappropriate for and angel-in-training to be happy about this but…” The smirk on her face got bigger. “Let’s just say the other prisoners really like his cute face. And other parts of his body.”

“Seriously? Ouch, that ain’t pretty,” Yuri said, obviously faking disagreement with this it. “What a poor boy!” she laughed.

“Yeah, I know,” Yoona laughed too. “Anyways, let’s change the topic. How’s your wife? Still pregnant?”

“Of course,” Yuri smiled proudly. “I really have to tell you how naughty our baby lately is…”

 

Tiffany’s cell phone rang. It surprised her, her cell phone never rings, it has no reason to ring. Well, one person actually calls her from time to time. She looked at the screen just to make sure. But she was right.

“Krystal!” she greeted her, all excited. “It’s been weeks since you last called!”

“Don’t overreact, Hwang,” Krystal answered, irritated. “I’ve called you five days ago.”

“Sorry. So? Is anything new?”

“Yes, actually. We have finally found some traces.”

“That’s awesome!”

“Uhm, not really actually. We lost him again. But at least we know he was in Poland, searching through old Nazi’s concentration camps. He was probably looking for allies, but we don’t think he found anybody, though.”

“Ahh… that’s a good thing, isn’t it? I’ll tell everything Taeyeon. Where are you right now? And do you have any idea when Kim Bum could possibly be?”

“We know for sure he’s in Europe, probably somewhere in the eastern part. And we’re in Russia right now, near Moscow. Quite cold here.”

“I see. So do you think it’s safe for Taeyeon to leave Hell for a few hours?”

“Probably. Why?”

“Oh, it’s not a big deal, it’s just… You know it’s your sister-in-law’s birthday in two days, right?”

 

“And how are you doing here so far? I mean, if it hard to study?” Yuri pointed at the bunch of books on Yoona’s table.

“Of course it is,” Yoona sounded a bit bitter. “Especially with Seohyun as my tutor.”

“Oh is it? I thought you are friends?” Yuri asked.

Yoona blushed and looked away.

“What? You’re not friends anymore?”

Yoona bit her lower lip and slowly looked back at Yuri.

“What happened?”

Yoona turned completely red. Yuri could almost feel the heat coming from her, even though she was just a soul and standing a meter away. “Uhh… we’re… promise me you won’t laugh. We’re now… dating. I guess.”

“Kyak!” Yuri shrieked, obviously super excited. “No way! You’re kiddin!“

Yoona shook her head. “Nope.”

“So how is it? Romantic? Wild? Exciting?”

Yoona shook her head. “I would call it… innocent. We are dating, I love her, I’m pretty sure she loves me back, but… we are… it just doesn’t really feel like dating. We haven’t even kissed yet,” she mumbled.

“Really?” Yuri asked in disbelieve.

 Yoona nodded. “We just walk around, holding hands and occasionally hug. We did all of this before too though.” Yoona stopped for a second before she added: “I kissed her once on the cheek though.”

“That’s actually really sweet!” Yuri smiled.

Yoona sighed. “But I would like more, you know?”

Yuri cleared . “I know. I’m your sister after all. If you have at least half of my libido…  I can’t even imagine your suffering.”

Yoona giggled and Yuri looked at her, confused. “What’s funny?”

“Oh, nothing, really, just… last time I wanted to look at you, I chose somehow… not very convenient moment.”

“And by that you mean…?”

“You and Jessica were just about to-“

“Yoona!!!”

“I stopped looking as soon as I realized what’s going on! I’m sorry, I didn’t want to see it! I wasn’t happy that I saw it… It only made me more frustrated, actually,” Yoona groaned.

“I think you should tell Seohyun about it.”

Yoona nodded. “I have to.”