Chapter 20

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

 

Yuri pulled her sword out of the sheath and ran towards screaming Victoria. Victoria wasn’t screaming anymore, some weird dirty guy just fell on the ground right next to her. Yuri immediately put the blade of the sword to that guy’s neck, wanting to cut off his head.

“WAIT!” Victoria yelled, stopping her. Yuri looked at her, confused. Victoria got closer to the guy and examined his face.”Oh my god!” she said, followed by tons of some Chinese words Yuri didn’t understand.

“What is it?” she asked eventually.

“Nich….khun…”

“What?”

“Vic…to…ri…a?” the guy mumbled.

“Oh my god! Khun!” Victoria hugged him tightly. “H-how…?”

“Am I dead?” he asked.

“No… you’re not…” Victoria said. Yuri was staring at them in disbelieve. Wasn’t he supposed to be dead?

“I…I…” Nichkhun’s voice faded away.

“Hey, Khun-ah… stay with me…” Victoria lightly slapped his cheek.

“F-Food…” he said.

“Food, right… Food…” Victoria looked into her pockets with tears in her eyes. “Yuri, don’t you have anything to eat?”

Yuri was still taken aback by the sudden reunion but she searched through her backpack. “I… have a Snickers here,” she said while giving chocolate to Victoria.

“Thanks…” Victoria opened the package and gave it to Nichkhun. He slowly chewed and he seemed to be getting better.

“Thanks… you… very much…” he said, looking at Yuri. “I haven’t eaten for… I don’t even know how long I’ve been here.”

Victoria hugged him again. “What happened?”

Nichkhun finished his chocolate and smiled sadly. “I ran away…”

 

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??!!!”

“Oh…” Chansung, Taeyang and Hara stopped with their doings and bowed deeply to their master.

“Of course. Hyuna had to inform her master right away,” Taeyeon said and looked at the red-haired girl beside Asmodis.

“I can’t believe you are daring enough to enter my chambers,” Asmodis said. “Do you want to come back? Did you come to beg me on your knees?”

“Uhm, no.”

“That’s a good thing, because I wouldn’t take you back. Now, what are you waiting for? Kill them.” Taemin ran to Taeyeon, wanting to attack her with a chain he took from his pants. Taeyeon immediately swung her sword and even though she felt the chain touch her shoulder, she hit Taemin’s forearm first. He screamed in pain and jumped back.

“What the-?” his eyes widened. “What the-?” He looked at his forearm. It got all red as he got burned. “That’s… master…” he looked at Asmodis. Even the Master of the Hell had confused expression on his face.

Taeyeon took advantage of their distraction and attacked Hyuna. Wooyoung ran towards Chansung.

“Taeyeon… so you too… I didn’t want to believe it…” Asmodis mumbled. “Taemin! Eunjung! Hara! What are you waiting for?! Kill them!!”

“I’m out of this,” Eunjung stated and left the room, leaving everybody shocked.

“Get your brothers and sisters! Hara!”

Jessica ran towards Asmodis with sword in her hands. She swung it, but Asmodis made a shield around his body, so even though she hit him, he didn’t look affected at all. “Crap…”

“Before I’ll kill you…” he started. “Tell me, how is it possible, that we couldn’t find you?” Jessica kept hitting the shield with her sugilite sword. She didn’t answer. She didn’t even know the answer. Asmodis smirked as he saw her determination. “Tell me, Jessica. Why?”

“Maybe… maybe you just !” she yelled as she hit the shield with all her strength. It still reminded the same.

“Wanna know something?” Taeyeon, who was busy fighting Taeyang yelled. “It was my job!”

“Huh?”

 

“When Asmodis gave me to all those death souls, he ordered them not to kill me…” Nichkhun started. He looked really weak and his voice was cracking up, but after he ate Snickers and drank a little of Victoria’s energy drink, he got better. “I don’t know what exactly happened that day, but something distracted the souls for some time. I was really weak and all, but… I found some small hole in the wall behind the huge rock in the prison. ”

Nichkhun looked somewhere into the dark corridor. “It’s a pretty much labyrinth in here. I was looking for some exit, but I couldn’t…. find any door. Until I found this one. But I… I couldn’t open it. I was too weak… I was hungry and sleepy. I fell unconscious… I don’t know how long it’s been… After I woke up… I realized nobody uses this door anymore. So… So I wanted to find another exit. I didn’t. I ended up here again…”

Nichkhun sighed.

“So you’ve been waiting here for… somebody to come?” Yuri hesitated.

“I… I couldn’t think straight. It must have been months… Have you ever tried not to eat for months?!”

“No… But… Why everybody thinks your dead?” Yuri asked.

“I… think… maybe because the death souls didn’t have any other option than say I killed myself.”

“Well, I understand, Asmodis would get angry if they told him you ran away, but why they didn’t say they killed you?”

“Didn’t you listen? He ordered them to torture me, but not to kill me… Oh god… I feel…. Terrible…” Nichkhun looked like he’s about to fell unconscious once again.

“Khun… Khun, stay awake.” Victoria kissed him on lips. “Please…”

“I love you, Victoria,” he whispered before he fell unconscious…

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Go, Wooyoung, quick!” Taeyeon bit her lower lip. This isn’t good at all. Now she has to continue her job, she has to act like knows nothing. And she has to wait. She really hopes, Wooyoung is going to get Jessica and Krystal in time. She went back to her room/office and began to do the most boring thing ever – a paper work. She couldn’t concentrate at all. After she messed up schedule of working hours several times, she let go of it and looked at the clock.

“Eleven pm,” she mumbled. “Maybe they’re already hidden?” Taeyeon didn’t even realize she’s talking aloud. She looked into small box on her table. It was still in there. Gold bracelet. Jessica lost it last week in Taeyeon’s room and Taeyeon forgot to return it to her. She knew from books that if you have something that the one you’re trying to find wore often, you should be able to find him easily. She put bracelet into her pocket, when she suddenly got another great idea. She grabbed a thick book from her huge bookcase and opened it…

 

“Yes!” Taeyeon smiled as she appeared in front of Yuri’s house. The bracelet worked. “Of course, you are hiding in her house, Sica…” She opened the book she brought and found the right spell.

“Grindnereven. Reverof. Gnitsalreve. Stneconni fo sefil eth tcetorp, srevol owt fo evol eth tcetorp, nevaeh dna lleh fo stirips eth lla.”

A white light covered the house and Taeyeon dropped the book. She suddenly felt very dizzy. “Crap!” She cursed several times. She couldn’t even stand straight. “That was one hella exhausting spell!”

She wanted to see Jessica, but Eunjung’s voice in her head stopped her. “Come back soon. People are starting to get suspicious.”

“And how am I supposed to transfer after doing such a spell?” Taeyeon groaned. She sighed as she looked at the house. The light already faded away. “I just hope their love is strong enough…”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“There’s no such a magic!” Asmodis yelled.

“There is!” Taeyeon replied; still busy fighting with Taeyang, who had a long pole in his hands. She just managed to hit Taeyang with her purple sword. He screamed in pain and touched his burned hip. Taeyeon put the sword on his neck. “Just because you don’t believe in love, doesn’t mean there’s no magic like that. And you’d better don’t try to do anything or you’re dead,” she stared at Taeyang. He slowly nodded. He didn’t look that determined as before and Taeyeon got a feeling she saw some kind of regretting in his eyes. He looked like he’s begging her through his eyes, telling her, not to kill him.

Asmodis looked at the fight in front of him and frowned. Hara was lying on the ground, unconscious. Chansung was panting on the other side of the room, trying to avoid Krystal’s sword. Jessica just managed to hit Hyuna’s shoulder with her sword and was obviously winning, even though Hyuna was resisting well. The only sight he liked was Taemin beating Wooyoung up. But Asmodis couldn’t think of any reason, why anybody didn’t come to help them yet.

He absorbed huge amount of energy from his surroundings and with huge rumbling he made a huge ball in the air and then released it around him. Everybody in the room felt sudden pressure and Taeyeon lost balance. Her hand with a sword slipped and then she fell on the ground while her sword flew across the room…