Chapter 11

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“You mean like… get revenge for Khunnie’s death?!”

“Calm down, Wooyoung. Somebody could hear you,” Jessica whispered. She met Wooyoung near the hell’s prison and she carefully asked him about Nichkhun and his death.

“Sorry,” Wooyoung said quietly. “It’s just… I’m too excited. I was waiting for this moment for such a long time! I’ve always wanted to get revenge, it’s just, I’m only regular guard, how could I go against the whole Hell? I would end up like Khunnie did, or maybe even worse.”

“Well… you will still probably end up like that, all of us will. But it’s worth it, isn’t it?”

“Having one of the most powerful demons on my side? Hell yeah, it’s worth it! Devil’s successor definitely raises my hopes up.”

“Come here in 30 minutes,” Jessica said and passed Wooyoung a piece of paper.

“Count me in, I’ll be there,” Wooyoung bowed and ran away.

 

Jessica arrived to agreed place little bit late. When she realized she’s standing near lively square in the middle of the town, she thought she had to get the address wrong and it confused her a little. Then she noticed Tiffany, who was waving her through the window of a coffee shop nearby. Sure, of course. Krystal’s idea. 

She entered and looked at all those people around the table. Tiffany was looking at her, her hand still in the air. Krystal was staring at her, looking impatient and slightly annoyed.

Beside her was sitting Yuri. Jessica ordered Krystal to bring her as well. She’s the main reason why she’s doing this, so she should know what’s going on. Yuri looked really nervous. Jessica wasn’t surprised. She understood that for a human, being in a supernatural creatures’ company must be at least slightly uncomfortable.

Next to Yuri was tall, dark-haired girl with white skin. Jessica knew her a little. It’s the girl Tiffany’s taking care of. Seohyun. Beside Seohyun was sitting her friend. That girl kept looking at the ground and she looked really uncomfortable. Jessica realized it must that little IU.

On the other side of the table was sitting Park Gyuri, watching herself in her small mirror. She was smiling at her reflection like an idiot and kept sipping her latte through pink straw. Jessica found it unbelievable. First, Gyuri really is with them right now. Second, she really can’t live without watching herself every single moment.

Seungyeon was leaning on Gyuri’s shoulder. It’s been a long time since Jessica saw her. They used to be quite good friends when Seungyeon had Tiffany’s position, but she hasn’t seen her since she got promoted. Her hair was now short and Jessica immediately thought, she looks like a hamster. The last girl with long brown hair must be Hyomin.

Who surprised Jessica was some blonde boy with chubby cheeks. He looked like a kid. He was sitting next to Hyomin and Jessica had no idea, who he is. She examined all of them one more time.

“Hi,” she said. “For all of us who don’t know me yet, I’m Jessica.”

“I’m Jieun.” That IU girl immediately stood up and deeply bowed.

“Hyomin,” Hyomin bowed as well. Then that blonde guy stood up.

“My name is Yang Yoseob. Nice to meet you.”

“Yoseob is Hyomin’s cousin,” Tiffany explained. “He’s the one Seohyun talked about. She’s really good.”

“Okay,” Jessica said and sat down. “So, before we start, I have two questions. First, Krystal, why are we meeting in a coffee shop? And in the middle of the day?”

“Well, that’s easy. It’s inconspicuous for people and if somebody wants to eavesdropping, it’s harder for him, since he can’t hear it from outside and we would notice if somebody suspicious came here.”

“True,” Jessica nodded. Her little sister keeps surprising her. She thought Krystal is only interested in stuffs like parties and clubs, but now it seems like she’s very capable, when she wants to. “So the other thing… Where are Taeyeon and Wooyoung? Taeyeon was supposed to bring Eunjung.”

“We don’t know,” Tiffany said. Two seconds later the doors to the coffee opened wide and Wooyoung ran into the building. Everybody looked at him, shocked. Even Gyuri stopped admiring herself and let go of her mirror for a while and some other customers and waiter looked their direction. He leaned onto table and was breathing heavily as he was lacking of oxygen.

“Wooyoung, what happened?” Jessica asked. She was clearly nervous.

“We’re in huge trouble, Jessica. I was on my way here, when I met Taeyeon by coincidence. I have no idea what happened, but she told me to get you and Krystal immediately. She also told me you have to hide. And I have to hide with you.” Surprise and shock was evident on sisters’ faces and the others were just looking around, confused.

“Crap, they had to find out…” Krystal murmured. “But how? And what exactly do they know?”

“I don’t know that. But Taeyeon said she will contact us as soon as possible.”

“But where do we hide? Forests and all old empty houses are guarded. Hotels will be the first searched. I bet there are going to be patrols all over the city. And we have to hide somewhere far away from the gate, so they invade our minds.”

“And what about my place?” Yuri suddenly said.

“What? But it could get really dangerous,” Jessica hesitated.

“I know. And… isn’t it already dangerous?”

“Jessi, that’s not a bad idea at all,” Tiffany said and Krystal nodded. Jessica hesitated. It’s dangerous. A lot. And she doesn’t want to endanger Yuri. While thinking about it, she looked at Gyuri who probably realized the conversation doesn’t have to do anything with her anymore, so she got back to the looking into mirror.

“And what about your sister?” Jessica asked. Yuri thought about the answer for a while.

“Well, she knows the secret already. I don’t think she will have any problems with it. And if she does, she can stay at a school dorm. She’s there most of the time anyway.”

“She knows?” Jessica frowned. “…The video?”

“So? What’s gonna happen?” Gyuri suddenly interrupted. She sounded little bit annoyed, yet she didn’t stop looking at herself.

“We probably have to change our plan,” Jessica said. “If they know, we can’t surprise them anymore. We have to wait for Taeyeon.”

“So… that’s all?” Gyuri spoke up once again. “We can go home?”

“Will you contact us?” Hyomin asked.

“Sure. We will be in contact through Tiffany. Well, if they don’t know about her. But if they do, we will think of something and definitely we will let all of you know.”

“Fine. So, I’m going,” Gyuri got up of her chair and walked away.

“Who’s going to pay for her latte?” Krystal asked.

“I’ll pay for everybody who had something,” Jessica offered and nobody protested. Few minutes later the only ones who were still in the coffee shop were Wooyoung, Tiffany, Yuri and the Jung sisters.

”So I guess we should go?”

 

Jessica, Krystal and Tiffany were sitting on Yuri’s living room, meanwhile the house owner was making a phone call in the kitchen and Wooyoung was shuffling in the corner of the room.

“So?” Jessica asked as soon as Yuri returned.

“Yoona wants to stay in her school dorm for now. According to the tone of her voice I can say she’s not exactly excited about all of this.” The others just nodded. “So… what now?”

“We have to wait for Taeyeon,” Krystal said.

“Yeah and the fact we don’t know when she will come makes our situation little bit more complicated,” Tiffany added.

“And how is she going to find us?” Yuri asked.

“Oh, trust her. She’s more powerful than you would tell, she has her ways.”

Yuri sighed and sat beside Jessica. Without even realizing it, she grabbed her hand. Jessica started to sweat a little. She wasn’t really sure how things between the two of them are right now. Are they dating? She will have to talk to Yuri later.

“So… Tiffany…” Yuri started.

“Yeah?”

“You’re going back… up…?” Yuri sounded really unsure.

“That’s pretty much all I can do.”

“Krystal, you can have Yoona’s room for now. Wooyoung… do you mind sleeping on the couch? And Sica…”

“Uhm, Yuri, you don’t have to deal with stuffs like that. We don’t really need to sleep,” Krystal smiled.

“What? Seriously?”

“Well, it’s little bit more complicated. The lack of sleep affects us in similar way like humans, but it can’t kill us. We are much more resistant so no illness or fatigue can bring us down. But it can limit us in very significant way, especially when it comes to magic. It’s the same with food. We feel hungry sometimes, but we don’t have to eat to survive,” Jessica explained.

“Hehe, yeah, sure. Most of us sleeps only when it’s really needed, like when we’re really fatigued which usually takes few weeks or before we have to do something important and tiring, but Jess is such a sleepyhead she sleeps almost every night,” Krystal laughed.

“Yah!” Jessica smacked her head lightly.

“So where do you want to sleep?” Yuri asked.

“Let her sleep in your room,” Tiffany suggested and hissed in pain when Jessica pinched her forearm.

“Well, if she wants to…” Yuri looked into ground and Jessica’s ears were on fire. Krystal caught on quickly though.

“Yeah, Jessi will sleep in Yuri’s room. Wooyoung and I will be awake, if something happens. Jess, you have to be with her, because, as much as I hate to say it, she’s really weak compared to us. She’s a human after all. Somebody has to watch over her, so nothing happens. I really don’t want to do it, you know how irresponsible I am and Wooyoung…” Krystal looked at the nervous devil that was still standing in the corner biting his nails. “Uhmmm… He’s a little bit neurotic. I think he should probably look for some psychiatric help.“

“Yeah, exactly, so it’s decided… And I should already go,” Tiffany said. “Let’s see how often Yuri cleans this place,” she laughed and with a smirk on her face she made a whirl in the air as she transformed into her angelic form. Yuri’s curtains fluttered and two pieces of paper flew across the room. “Well, your place is really clean,” Tiffany said appreciatively. “And I’m going.”

“O-o-o-oh!” Yuri wanted to stop Tiffany, but the angel already jumped out of window. “She’s gonna be okay, right? Those windows are pretty high.” she asked, obviously worried.

“You may have not noticed this, but she’s an angel. And she has wings,” Krystal said.

“Oh, true… that’s true…” Yuri yawned.

“Maybe you should go to sleep,” the youngest suggested.

“Not a bad idea…”