Chapter 3

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

 

“Ohhh…” Few days later, Jessica was hiding behind her pedestal. She was watching that handsome girl sitting in a dust in front of a grave. That girl was writing something down into her diary and in she had her earphones on. “Ohhh…”

“Can you please stop with that sighing?” That husky whisper came out of nowhere.

“Huh?” It immediately caught Jessica’s attention. She looked around and then she realized it came from above her. From Heaven. “Tiff, you’re stalking me again?”

“Yeah.” Suddenly, Tiffany appeared right behind Jessica’s back.

“Wow!”

“What?”

“No dust? No wings? What’s happening? You got promoted?”

Tiffany smiled brightly. “Not exactly. I just asked Gyuri unnie to help me quietly teleport. Her magical power is still much more stronger than mine.”

“Asked? Gyuri? You asked Gyuri? Like that Park Gyuri? Why don’t I believe you?”

“Mhm, okay... So I maybe stole her mirror and blackmailed her a little,” Tiffany admitted and looked down.

Jessica laughed. “Gyuri sure wanted to kill you.”

“No doubt she did. But she didn´t have any other choice, since in my hand was her most precious thing.” Tiffany smirked. “But enough about Gyuri.”

“Yeah, right… What exactly are you doing here?”

“This.” Tiffany grabbed Jessica’s wrist, pulled her out and hardly pushed her forward. Poor blonde fell on the ground and dust around her rose up. She started to cough and immediately cursed Tiffany in her thoughts. Not literally of course, it’s not that easy to curse an angel. While she was trying to get on her feet, she realized that girl she was watching already noticed her and now she was staring at her.

“You okay?” she asked and put down her earphones. Jessica felt like fainting.

“Y-yeah… I guess…” Jessica couldn’t force herself to look at that girl, so she just kept cleaning her black pants.

“What are you doing here? I’ve never seen you before. I thought only I visit this place,” she continued.

“W-w-well… I go-go h-here quite o-often… Quite…” it was the first time Jessica was stuttering so much. They didn’t call her The Ice of the Hell for no reason. Whatever she did, there was always that confident and strong aura around her. And sometimes there was a little arogance.

“You can join me. My name’s Yuri.” Yu…Ri?

 “Jessica,” the blond one whispered and sat right next to that girl… Yuri. She smiled.

“Well, nice to meet you. What are you doing here?”

“Mhm…” I’m guarding The Gates of Hell probably isn’t the best possible answer, right? Jessica needed to make something up as soon as possible, but of course she had enough time to curse Tiffany in her thoughts once more. “Well… I g-guess… I like this feeling and atmosphere? It’s just… It’s really quiet here and I find this place… soothing?” Jessica got even more nervous.

“Same here. It’s quiet here, I can think about things easily. I really like this place.” Jessica just nodded and Yuri didn’t say anything more as well. They both just kept staring into space. Seconds passed, minutes passed, maybe even hours passed. Jessica wasn’t really sure. She woke up from her catatonic state when she noticed the sun is already fading away.

“It’s getting darker,” she whispered.

“Yeah, I should probably go.”

“Already? Okay…”

“You don’t have to?” Yuri frowned a little.

“Oh, yeah, sure I have to!” Jessica blurted out immediately. “I-I have to go home… Because of my- my sister, ya know? Home…”

“So, shall we go? Which way do you live?” Yuri got up from all of the dust a Jessica immediately followed. As fast as she could she gathered some energy from surroundings, so she could let know one of three assistants of Asmodis. One of Three Taes. She was sure Taemin won’t let her inside and so Taeyang, so she tried her friend. Taeyeon-ah, please, take care of the gate, I’m going away for a while. Thanks. Right after she sent the message she started to feel little bit dizzy and she immediately got an answer. I will get Krystal. Jessica wished Taeyeon good luck. She will need it, if she wants to find that indomitable little devil, who never ever listens to Three Taes…

 

But Jessica soon forgot some gate even exists, even though she and Yuri didn’t speak a word during the whole time. Jessica allowed Yuri to lead her to the bus stop. But this wasn’t the same bus top as last time.

“Where do you live?” Yuri asked.

“I- I- Actually near by,” Jessica pointed her finger somewhere between houses. “You’re taking a bus?”

“Yeah, I usually walk, but it’s really dark already. I’d better take a ride.”

“Yeah, sure,” Jessica just nodded. Yuri slightly smiled and it made Jessica go weak. They were looking at each other until the bus arrived. Jessica looked at it and frowned a little. But then she looked at Yuri and smiled. “So… you’re going?”

“Yeah… So… See ya. Maybe we will meet again,” Yuri said, waved and disappeared in the bus. We will…

Jessica knew, she shouldn’t do this, she knew it’s all wrong, but she just couldn’t help herself. She sighed when the bus disappeared behind a corner. She sadly smiled and her wings appeared on her back. She didn’t even think of transferring. She didn’t like it. It always cost lots of energy and it wasn’t as magical as flying, even tough is actually was magic. She just preferred flying. There’s nobody around, so what? She took off and in a height of twenty meters she flew back to the cemetery…

 

She was still far away from the cemetery, yet she could hear two angry voices. She speeded up, when she realized, what’s going on. She entered the gate and spotted two girls fighting – both in their devilish form.

“What the heck is going on?!” Jessica asked loudly to catch their attention. The two girls shut up, but before looking at Jessica, they angrily looked at each other.

“Your precious sister refuses to listen to my orders!” short girl with dark purple wings said, irritated.

“Whaaat?! Well, sorry, about that.” Krystal sounded offended. “Jess! She practically kidnapped me! She transferred me here against my will!”

“And what was I supposed to do? You know very well, that-“

“Taeyeon!” Jessica interrupted angry demon girl. Taeyeon looked at her, really fed up by now. “Fights are good for nothing. Besides, I’m already back, so problem solved.”

“Oh, great, so I didn’t even need to go here!” Krystal complained.

“You’d better be quiet!” Jessica yelled. “I’ve already told you hundred times, that you will listen to Taeyeon!”

“And why should I do that?”

“Because I said so!”

“And why should I listen to you?!”

“I’m your older sister! GAH! You know what?! Just go away!” Jessica put her hand on Krystal’s shoulder and provided her enough magical energy to transfer. Her younger sister didn’t hesitate and disappeared. Jessica put her hand down and slightly smiled at Taeyeon. “Thanks for trying.”

But Taeyeon didn’t smile at all. “Mhmm… You’re welcome, but I won’t do it again. I would seriously kill her next time. No kidding.”

“Yeah… sure, don’t worry, next time I will find another way.” Taeyeon just nodded and without a word disappeared in air.

Jessica sighed and looked into the sky. She took a deep breath and yell as much as she could: “TIFFANY HWANG MIYOUNG!!!! COME DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!! N.O.W. ! NOW!!!”

“What’s up?” Tiffany asked as soon as she appeared in small whirl in the middle of the cemetery. She was in her angelic form. White garb, white wings, white flower in her hair, shining light all around her, simply disgusting. But for Jessica, the most disgusting thing was that eye-smile of Tiffany’s. She took three long steps to Tiffany and hardly hit her shoulder.

“What the heck was that supposed to be?!” the blond devil growled.

“Ouch! What was that for?” Tiffany asked while rubbing her hurt hand.

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?! You’re seriously asking what was that for? You gotta be kidding me! You pushed me!”

Tiffany giggled. “Sure I did.” Then she noticed how angry Jessica is and her smile faded away. “It didn’t go well?”

“That’s not the point!” Jessica blushed a little and her voice became more quite. “You pushed me!”

Tiffany let out another giggle. “So it did go well!”

“Well, maybe it wasn’t that bad, but what if it was? What if something went wrong?”

Tiffany frowned and looked into temple wall, thinking. “But it didn’t right? So this conversation is absolutely unnecessary.”

“No it isn’t! Something could happen! And my point is, you acted really recklessly and rashly!”

“Rashly?” Tiffany snorted. “How many weeks have you been stalking her?! How many weeks have you been just watching and did nothing, repeat NOTHING?! If I didn’t push you would be probably staring at her until her death!”

“Ha! Here goes another problem!” Jessica yelled.

“What problem again?”

“We might be aging and growing as normal people as long as we don’t reach our twenties, but I already am in my twenties! How do I explain why I’m getting older ten time slower than her?!”

Tiffany just blinked. This was a trick question. “Just details…” she said after a while.

“Just details? GAH! Can I kill you?”

“Uhmm… No?”

“So go back up or I really will rip your head off!”

Tiffany looked at her, annoyed. “You should thank me!” she criticized and disappeared I her small tornado…