Chapter 19

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

 

“Everybody’s ready?” Jessica asked.

“Not really,” Gyuri said, frowning.

“Uhm… what do you need?”

“I broke my nail.”

“….” Everybody looked at her in disbelieve. “Ooookay…” Jessica looked at her army. “Everybody has a sword?” All of them nodded. Most of them had purple sugilite swords, but Yuri, Tiffany, Gyuri and Hyomin got blue ones. “Fine. So remember, your goal is not killing them. You all are just supposed to keep away from me and Krystal everybody, who will try to stop us.” Then Jessica looked at Krystal. “Girl, we have to kill him as fast as possible.” Krystal nodded and put her hand on the hilt of the sword, which was in a sheath attached to her belt.

“I still think it’s stupid to use the main gate,” Seungyeon said. “I mean… isn’t anybody guarding it? It was your job… and your job,” she looked at the Jung sisters. “Don’t you have a substitute?”

“Uhm, I’m currently taking care of the gate,” Taeyeon said. “It’s not a big deal for me to say the gate is guarded when it’s not. But I’m pretty sure guards are downstairs.”

“So… let’s go.”

Jessica was the first one to enter the temple. She looked at the old stone door inside and opened them, revealing a long, dark, stone staircase. She took several steps down, when she stopped. “Right…” she mumbled, when she examined the old wooden door. She pulled the doorknob, but the door didn’t open.

“What are you doing? There’s nothing behind that door,” Krystal whispered.

“Victoria and Yuri could hide in there,” Jessica answered.

“That’s… Victoria, do you think the connection would be okay?” Krystal asked.

“It should be.”

“Fine, Taeyeon, Krystal, help me open it. It’s not locked, but it’s stuck.”

The three of them pulled hard and eventually they managed to open the door with loud creaking sound. “Aish…” All of them coughed, when they inhaled the dust that covered them. They revealed really long and empty corridor to the rest of the people.

“I thought there’s a room behind the doors, but it’s a… corridor? I wonder where it leads,” Krystal said.

“Whatever, that’s not important. It should be safe enough for them to hide here, so you two, stay here and we’re going…” Jessica said.

“Wait,” Yuri stopped her by grabbing her wrist. Jessica turned around and Yuri quickly pecked her lips. “Come back soon.”

“Sure,” Jessica slightly smiled. She still wasn’t very optimistic about this.

The rest of them continued to walk downstairs.

“Can you hear me?” voice in their earphones said.

“Yeah,” they pressed the button on their small transceiver and answered quietly.

“All of you?”

“Yeah.”

“Great… Can you hear each other?” They tried and everything worked like Victoria said. “Hyomin-sshi.”

“Yes?”

“Can you please turn on your camera?”

“Oh, sorry, I forgot.” Hyomin pressed a small button on her mini-camera.

All angels pulled their sword out of the sheaths as they spotted those guards Taeyeon talked about earlier.

“What the-?” The guards didn’t have any opportunity to say anything else and angels didn’t have any opportunity to use their swords. The guards fell unconscious before they could touch them.

“What just happened?” Yoseob looked at Taeyeon, who was mumbling something. “What did you do?”

“They fell asleep,” Taeyeon smiled after she finished her magic. They looked around. They were standing in a big hall and there were several ways out.

“According to the map Krystal draw, Asmodis’ chamber is on the far left,” Victoria said.

“Yeah… so, me, Jessica, Taeyeon and Wooyoung are going in there. The rest of you will stay here. I can guarantee once father sees us, he will immediately call his people and I’m pretty sure most of them are here and here,” Krystal pointed at the first and the third door.”

“Let’s go,” Wooyoung said and pulled out his sword.

“Why isn’t anybody here?” Seohyun asked, suspicious.

“Everybody is resting. All of them are really tired because of Asmodis’ attempts to find you,” Taeyeon explained.

“Why didn’t he find us anyways? It’s so weird…” Krystal said.

“There’s no time for that, let’s go already, we’re really noisy, they’ll find us sooner with us being like this,” Taeyeon answered, but with weird expression on her face.

She turned around wanting to open the door, but suddenly Tiffany pulled her hand and turned her back. Next think Taeyeon knew was Tiffany’s kissing her passionately. At first, it shocked her but soon she returned the kiss. They were kissing for a while, until awkward cough interrupted them.

“That’s in case we wouldn’t come back,” Tiffany said, before letting Taeyeon go.

“I swear Tippani, if we survive this; I’m so going to date you,” Taeyeon smirked.

“If that’s so, we’d better survive this,” Tiffany smiled.

“I can’t disagree, but let’s go already,” Jessica said, impatient.

“Right…” Taeyeon moved to the door and carefully opened them a little.

 

“How come the video is so blurry?” Yuri asked Victoria while examining the screen of notebook.

“They’re moving too fast and the light is really weak. And they have those cameras behind their ears, so sometimes you can only see their hair, but it’s okay.”

“I’m so glad, Taeyeon and Tiffany are now together, they’re both so adorable. But Taeyeon is still very cool,” Yuri uttered and Victoria looked at her with puzzled expression. She eventually turned back to the screen not asking anything.

Yuri nervously walked to the door and looked outside. Everything looked okay and it was really quiet.

Suddenly, Victoria shrieked as she felt somebody to grab her shoulder from behind…

 

“What the heck took you so long?” girl with short black hair asked. She was standing right behind the door and she was currently talking to Taeyeon through the small gap between the door and the wall as quietly as possible.

“Sorry, Eunjung,” Taeyeon said. “What’s the situation?”

“Asmodis is in his chamber. In this room are only Chansung, Hyuna, Hara, Taemin and Taeyang.”

“Noona, who are you talking to?” somebody shouted.

“Just-…” before Eunjung could answer, Taeyeon opened the door wide.

“Just me.”

“And me,” Krystal stood right next to Taeyeon.

“Oh and also me,” Jessica appeared behind them.

“YOU! Traitors!” Chansung shouted. He immediately ran to them, trying to do some magic on his way. Taeyeon just pulled out her sword and others followed her. They stepped into the room and the doors behind them shut.

Taeyang meanwhile made a fire ball and threw it their direction. They jumped aside, being careful not to touch the blade of the sword. That would be quite unpleasant.

“That was lame,” Wooyoung said. “I can make bigger fire ball and I’m just a regular guard. Aren’t you some kind of commander?”

“That was just warning. I’m powerful enough to kill you all,” Taeyang sounded a little bit nervous though.

“Really? I though you are only mind reader…” Jessica said, knowing Taeyang has probably the most powerful mind in the whole Hell.

“My pleasure,” Taeyang smirked and another fire ball started to form in front of him. It was growing bigger and bigger. Wooyoung and Jessica immediately reacted and ran towards him, waving their swords. The other side also reacted as Hara and Chansung joined Taeyang’s side. Suddenly, the back door burst wide open.

 “WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??!!!”