Chapter 17

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

 

“You really can’t contact her? Or transfer her here?” Yuri asked.

“No, I can’t. I tried to contact her this morning, yesterday, the day before yesterday and the day before, but she’s just too far away, I can’t reach her anymore. And I can’t transfer her because I have to touch the person that I’m transferring.”

“But she’s fine, right?” Tiffany asked. She was also present as usual.

“Uhm, Krystal is very… independent, but honestly, I can’t help but worry a bit. What is she up to?”

“Guys, sorry to interrupt, but…” Jessica, Tiffany and Yuri looked at the staircase. Yoona was standing there and right behind her…

“Seohyun?” Tiffany asked in disbelieve.

“Guess what! I passed my exam! Now I’m the same level angel as you, unnie!” Seohyun smiled.

“See? That . I was born as an angel, yet rookies can reach my level so easily…” Tiffany complained, but then she smiled at Seohyun. “Congrats, Seo.”

“Maybe it’s because you’re so clumsy,” Jessica said and Tiffany hit her shoulder.

“Well, Hyun is clumsy as well,” Yoona said, smiling. “She appeared in my room making it total mess with all the wind. I freaked out at first, but then we talked as she helped me with tidying my room,” Yoona laughed.

That’s weird, Jessica thought. She always looks so hostile when she sees me. Or Tiffany. Or Wooyoung. But there she is, smiling, chatting with us like everything’s fine. Oh, wait, how did just Yoona call her? Hyun? What the?

Jessica exchanged confused glances with Yuri, who also noticed her sister is acting weird.

“Uhm, and why are you here?” Tiffany asked.

“For several reasons. First, I wanted to tell you I passed the exam. Second, I wanted to test those new powers. Third, Gyuri unnie is asking what’s new.”

“Well, nothing’s new. We still don’t know about Krystal and since she’s like the brain of the whole operation, we can’t do nothing much without her. And she also said, she’s doing this for the plan. We don’t know. We just hope she will come back.”

“Oh… so, I should go back.”

“Wait! Can I talk to you before you go?” Yoona asked.

Seohyun smiled. “Sure.”

“Uhm… in my room?”

 

“Yoona-yah, what’s with you and that Seohyun girl?” Yuri asked. She was in Yoona’s room, alone with her sister.

“I don’t know, I trust her.”

“Excuse me? I don’t get it.”

“I don’t know. I just… She was so funny, when she freaked out she’s in a bad house. I can tell she’s very sincere. I just trust her. But I still don’t trust that Jessica and her sister.”

“Yoona, please…”

“No. I won’t trust them until they’ll prove I’m wrong.”

Yuri sighed and left Yoona’s room.

 

“KRYSTAL JUNG! YOU LITTLE~!!!” Jessica yelled, when the door opened. “Huh?” She noticed another girl, standing behind Krystal.

Yuri  just came back from Yoona’s room and looked at the two girls who just arrived. “Krystal!” She looked at the other girl and immediately recognized her. “Hello, Victoria,” she smiled.

“You know that chick? How? She doesn’t even look Korean.”

“Long story.”

“Where the hell were you? What were you doing? Who’s that girl? And what’s with that huge bag on your back?”

“Sorry if I made you angry, Jess, I was just really upset about Sulli. So, let me introduce you Victoria, thanks to her, we will be able to communicate with each other.”

“It took me a while, but I have it all,” Victoria said with her accent as she took her bag off her back. She opened it and took out several electric appliances, Jessica didn’t know. Oh, well, she knew notebook.

“What’s all that?”

“Notebook, mini cameras, transceivers, locators.”

“How did you get that?” Yuri asked.

“Oh, I didn’t tell you last time, my job is making army equipment.”

“Seriously?” Yuri was surprised. “But what about that… you know, curse?”

“Well, we’re really lucky I managed to get here without breaking all of this.”

“So… how is this going to work?” Jessica asked, slightly confused.

“Everyone will have their own camera, transceiver and locator. It’s all connected with this notebook. Victoria will be watching everybody’s actions and she will be also telling angels the right way. Don’t forget some of them have never been to Hell,” Krystal explained.

“Uhh… that’s kinda… complicated.”

“No it isn’t actually. The only complication is she can’t connect notebook with all these while being here, she has to go to the hell as well. We have to find some good place where to hide her.”

“This is so cool…” Tiffany said. Jessica almost forgot she’s still here. “We’re gonna communicate in human style. Fascinating…”

 “Okay…” Jessica was still little bit confused. “And what’s in that huge bag you have?”

Krystal smiled and took her bag off. She carefully opened it. She took out a long pole packed in some fabric.

“What’s that?”

Krystal was still smiling mysteriously as she took the fabric off.

“Sword?!” Tiffany asked in disbelieve.

“It’s… blue… and it’s… shining?” Yuri hesitated. Jessica just stared at the sword, obviously shocked.

“Oh my god, Krystal… that’s…” Jessica wanted to take that sword, but Krystal stopped her.

“Blue sugilite, yeah. Don’t touch it.”

“I know…” Jessica was still admirably staring at the blue blade. “Can I?”

Krystal nodded and carefully passed sword to Jessica, making sure they won’t touch the blade.

“What’s with that?” Tiffany asked, having the same confused expression as Yuri.

“That’s something very important… something that can lead us to the victory…” Jessica whispered and put her fingers near the blue blade.

“Jess, don’t,” Krystal warned her.

“I know, I’m careful…” Jessica could feel the heat coming from the sword.

“I still don’t get it,” Tiffany stated.

“It’s a blue sugilite. It’s the only thing that can kill demon immediately…” Jessica explained, still examining the blade.

“It’s like kryptonite to Clark Kent,” Krystal added.

“Seriously, Krystal, where did you get that?” Jessica asked as she put the sword back into fabric. “I thought father ordered to destroy every single sugilite in Korea. Except for his own sugilites of course.”

“Well, in Korea, but what about the rest of the world?”

“So, where did you get it?”

“You can buy this stone on ebay.”

“Eh, what’s ebay?”

“You know… internet.”

“Oh, sure.”

“But of course they don’t sell swords. I had to make them all. That’s why it took me so long.”

“But isn’t it dangerous for the two of you, Wooyoung and Taeyeon?” Yuri suddenly asked. “I mean, what if you accidentally touch the blade while fighting? Won’t it kill you?”

“That’s why I got other swords, with purple sugilite in it.”

“I’m… con…fused.” Tiffany said.

“Well, purple sugilites are not as dangerous as the blue ones, but still they can make you have a really hard time. They won’t kill unless you stab somebody or you know… cut of his head, but the blade can burn you… well, not you. Me and Jess, Wooyoung and Taeyeon and other demons… also our father.”

Krystal took out another sword. This one had a purple blade. “See?”

“Can I? It won’t hurt me, right?” Yuri asked.

“Sure you can. It won’t hurt you, humans sometimes use this gems in their accessories.” Yuri took the sword, but she held only a hilt. “You can touch it,” Krystal reassured.

Yuri slowly and lightly touched the blade. “It’s… there’s nothing special about it,” she said.

“There is for us. We can feel the heat coming from the sugilite,” Jessica said.

“Gosh, it’s really heavy.”

“Of course it’s heavy, it’s a stone,” Krystal rolled her eyes.

Yuri tightened her grip around the hilt and then twirled the sword above her head like a pro, leaving everybody speechless.

“What the heck was that?” Krystal asked.

“When I was at high school, I was in a kendo club, so I’m pretty good with swords.”

“That’s… good to know…” Jessica looked a little bit freaked out. “You have to teach me some moves, I know only some basics I learned when I was little.”

“There’s no time for that,” Krystal shook her head.

“Wait, why? When are we going to attack them?”

“Tomorrow.”