Chapter 23

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“Aish, aish, aish! CHOI SOOYOOOOUUUUNG!!!!! HNGGGHHH!” Sunny shrieked

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” Sooyoung immediately stopped with what she was doing. “I really didn’t have any idea it will hurt you this much! I thought it will hurt just for a second or two.”

“Well, it hurts a lot!” Sunny frowned. “And you still didn’t do it. Do it quickly and roughly.”

“I don’t wanna do it roughly!” Sooyoung crossed her arms.

“Do as I say so! It’s my body you are destroying here!”

“I’m not destroying your body! I’m just… taking a part of it.”

“Well, that’s destroying my body!”

“Hey, listen, it’s not my fault! Mistress ordered this to me! I have to get one of your feathers! Angelic feather is the last thing that’s missing from her list!”

“Well, you have to pull harder!”

“Don’t you have scissors?”

“YOU ARE NOT CUTTING MY WINGS CHOI SOOYOUNG!” Sunny yelled.

“Gee, okay, I get it, calm down, you’re so loud,” Sooyoung rubbed her ear. She was having hard time getting all those stuffs Taeyeon ordered her to get. But she got everything quite quickly. Except for the feather. She was hesitating a bit, but then she decided to ask Sunny. Sunny agreed but they both had no idea it will be such a hard task.

“Grab it and pull! Be quick and precise!”

Sooyoung grabbed one feather, took a deep breath and closed her eyes. For some reason she hated causing any pain to this short angel. She pulled hard. She wasn’t sure if she got it, but she lost her balance and fell n the floor. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) she pulled Sunny along. She realized that only when she felt that Sunny fell on the top of her. Sooyoung slowly opened her eyes, only to find out that Sunny’s face is only few inches far from hers.

She gasped and saw Sunny’s surprised as well. Sooyoung has never seen Sunny’s face from such a short distance. She shivered a little. She got nervous and wasn’t sure what to do or how to react. But she didn’t dislike it. She actually… liked this… a lot. She slowly examined Sunny’s face and got a feeling Sunny is doing the same, but of course she had no idea what is going through the latter’s head. Sunny’s facial features seemed pretty much flawless in her eyes. And suddenly Sunny got closer. Their noses were almost touching. Sooyoung felt sweat on her forehead as Sunny’s warm breathing tickled her lips. She lifted her chin a little, so their noses really did touch now. She wanted Sunny to kiss her and this was supposed to be a sign. And Sunny understood. The gap between them was almost gone but then suddenly the door opened wide. Sooyoung immediately pushed Sunny off her body and Sunny fell hard on the floor.

“Ouch!” she hissed.

Both girls looked up and saw Hyomin, staring at them with a weird expression. Surprise, confusion, pain and sadness – all these emotions appeared in her eyes in less than two seconds. Then she quickly got back to her usual slight smile. This time it had this bitter feeling though.

“I got it!” Sooyoung screamed and excitedly waved with Sunny’s feather in the air. She got up and then helped Sunny, who kept rubbing her wing.

“It hurt!” she complained.

“Don’t whine!” Sooyoung said. “You did the right thing.”

“No kidding,” Sunny rolled her eyes. Then she looked at Hyomin. “Hi,” she smiled. “What do you need?”

   Hyomin looked a bit confused. She wasn’t really sure suddenly. “Uhm, uhhh… I… I came because… because… uhh…. I’ve forgotten it actually. Why am I here? I wanted to tell you something, but I forg-… I guess it wasn’t important. I will tell you later, bye!” Hyomin quickly ran away.

“That was… weird,” Sooyoung mumbled.

Sunny nodded. “Yeah…” And not only that.

 

Taecyeon was pacing back and forth on the schools hallway. His teeth were gritted tightly. He was in a very bad mood. A rumor that he tried to somebody spread like a highly contagious disease. And too bad it wasn’t only a rumor. He was sure it must have been that Yoona girl who told everybody. “GAH!” he smashed his fist against the wall, angrily. He was determined to take a revenge on that .

He checked the time. All of the lessons have already ended and he thought that Yoona’s probably on her way to her room. He didn’t think about it any further, he just headed towards the girls’ dormitory. His mind was blank, filled with a huge shining red letters saying REVENGE.

He reached the girls’ dormitory quite quickly and he was lucky enough to see Yoona walking up the stairs. She was alone. He smirked. He came out of nowhere. Or at least Yoona thought so. He surprised her by grabbing her wrist harshly. She yelped. She could see the madness in his eyes.

“Let me go!” she yelled.

“You crazy hoe!” he gritted his teeth. “You think you can defeat me by saying I tried to your little friend? You can’t win!” he whispered and ripped her t-shirt. She shrieked.

“You are sick!” she yelled and spitted right into his face. Taecyeon got red. Very red. He was about to explode.

“YOU BI-!” he pushed her. And she fell. Down the stairs. He watched as she was falling down and as she hit her head several times. When he realized she’s not moving, he ran away…

 

“Ah!” Seohyun touched her chest as she suddenly felt some pain. She was reading some book in her room and she was okay. Until now. It felt like somebody just stabbed her. “What…” she mumbled. ”Y…Yoona unnie?”

She knew something’s wrong with her. She couldn’t explain why, but she just knew. She quickly transferred to Yoona’s room in her dorm. Empty. She went outside and walked out. The staircase has immediately caught her attention. She heard some weird noises from there so she headed there tight away. She gasped as she saw a girl helplessly lying down there. She quickly ran towards her as she recognized her on the spot.

“Unnie!” she lightly slapped Yoona’s cheeks. Yoona opened her eyes.

“H…Hyunnie..” she whispered. She couldn’t see clearly, her gaze was all hazy. “My... head…” It hurt her like crazy. She closed her eyes again.

“Unnie! Don’t fell unconscious! You can’t! I… I’ll get some help! Gyu-Gyuri unnie or… Tiffany unnie… Just keep your eyes open!”

“I…” Yoona slowly closed her eyes.

“NO!” Seohyun slapped her again, this time stronger. “Wake up! Unnie! Please! You can’t die! I love you! You hear me?! You can’t die because I can’t live without you! I LOVE YOU YOONA!!!” Seohyun panicked. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. She saw that tiny smile on Yoona’s lips. She looked calm and happy. But she didn’t react anymore. “Please…” Seohyun sobbed and shook Yoona’s body. But the other girl didn’t move anymore. “Unnie…” Seohyun started to uncontrollably cry as she hugged Yoona. She couldn’t feel Yoona’s heart beating anymore. “Why?! WHY?!

 

Sunny kept staring on the ceiling of her room. She was… well, confused. The way Hyomin ran away made her think. Why would she do that? She clearly remembered Hyomin’s look. It didn’t last for long, but she could still see it. Sunny sighed. She cared about Hyomin a lot. A lot. Maybe she hasn’t expressed it, but she likes Hyomin, she was sometimes strict and annoying, but Sunny knew it was for her own good. And then there were those confusing feeling she had for Sooyoung. Those were even more confusing than those she had for Hyomin.

She sighed again. “What kind of feelings I have for Sooyoung?” she asked aloud. There was nobody to answer. She rubbed her forehead, desperate. She cares about Sooyoung too. At first she was even more annoying than Hyomin but now… The fact that she actually wanted to kiss her few moments ago messed her mind up. She knew she likes them both. She knew she wants them both. But she also knew she can’t have both. She has to make decision. She knew Hyomin feels something from the look on her face she had when she saw her with Sooyoung and she knew Sooyoung feels something, because she wanted her to kiss her. She closed her eyes and let her mind wander somewhere she didn’t know where…

 

“Thank you, Sooyoung,” Taeyeon said as Sooyoung handed her all those things she wanted. Sooyoung just nodded. “Why do you look so sulky?” Taeyeon asked and Sooyoung just shook her head. “Yah! I’m your boss, answer!”

“It’s not a big deal,” Sooyoung said.

“Come on, Sooyoung-ah!”

Sooyoung frowned. “It’s really nothing important. Just some personal issues.”

“Okay,” Taeyeon said. “If you say so… You can go now, I have to make the potion so Jihyun can live again.”

Sooyoung nodded. She was about to leave but then Tiffany stormed into the room.

“Taeyeon-ah!” she shrieked and ran toward her girlfriend. “Something bad happened!”

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked, extremely worried seeing how shocked Tiffany is.

“It’s about Yuri’s sister, Yoona.”

“What happened to her?”

“TaeTae! She’s dead!”