Chapter 10

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“Yuri-yah! What are you doing here?” Tiffany hugged her best friend’s girlfriend tightly as they met in front of Taeyeon’s room. Tiffany was just leaving.

“I’m here to see Taeyeon.”

“I see… She’s inside, busy doing some paperwork.”

“And where are you going?”

“Oh… just delivering some of her requests to Heaven,” Tiffany showed Yuri a letter she was holding. “Her messenger Sooyoung is for some weird reasons unreachable right now, so I’m taking care of this.”

“Oh, okay… So see you later?”

“Sure.”

Tiffany walked away and Yuri knocked on Taeyeon’s door. “Come in!” a voice said.

“Hi, Taeyeon,” Yuri smiled and entered the room. Taeyeon, surprised by Yuri’s voice, looked up from her papers.

“Hi, Yuri! What are you doing here?”

“Everybody is asking me the same question… It’s not like I’m here for the first time,” Yuri mumbled and Taeyeon gave her a puzzled look. “Anyways, I wanted to ask you something.”

“Sure, go ahead…” Taeyeon said and signed few more papers. “I’m listening.”

“First thing you need to know…” Yuri took a deep breath. “Jessica’s powers are back.”

“Impossible,” Taeyeon answered right away. She didn’t even look up from her work.

“She has been doing that small magic lately, like… objects move in her present without any external physical influence.”

“It can happen sometimes,” Taeyeon still didn’t look up. “It’s impossible for her powers to come back.”

“But it has never happened before. It all started when we came from Italy. She keeps feeling sick all the time and I think it’s getting worse, even thought she said it isn’t.”

Taeyeon finally looked up and stared at Yuri. She shook her head. “Impossible.” Yuri noticed shadows under Taeyeon’s eyes. She must be really tired. Taeyeon stood up and walked towards the huge bookcase. She searched for a while until she took out a huge book, covered in dust. Yuri was watching her quietly.

“Come here,” Taeyeon told her.

“What is it?” Taeyeon found the right page and showed it to Yuri.

“Read.”

The only way, how to maintain powers back is conjugation with another holder of the same powers… What does that mean?”

“That means it’s impossible for Jessica to get her powers back.”

“B-but…. Conjugation with another holder…. That means… ???” Yuri looked confused.

“ual with another demon, yep,” Taeyeon nodded. “That’s why I think it’s impossible.”

“If her powers are back…. She must have….” Yuri stared at the wall and gulped. “…cheated on me?

 

Impossible… Impossible… “IMPOSSIBLE!” Some people looked Yuri’s direction. She was slowly walking back home, immersed deeply in her thoughts. She was shaking and at the verge of crying. Impossible… Jessica wouldn’t cheat on me. “She wouldn’t.” Yuri kept talking to herself, upset. “No way…”

She was torn inside. She didn’t know what to do. She needs to talk to Jessica. But… there’s no other way. It’s impossible for Jessica to maintain her powers back, but it’s also impossible for Jessica to cheat on her… or isn’t it? Maybe… Nah…

 

Jessica was at home, lying in bed, feeling sick. She has been throwing up ever since she came home and random objects kept flying across the room.

She was happy, when she heard Yuri’s key in the lock. Even though she felt weak, she stood up and walked towards the living room.

“Hey, honey… Were you at Yoona’s?” Jessica smiled. She noticed Yuri looks… unhappy. “What happened?” she asked.

“Look… I want to ask you something…”

“What is it?”

Yuri gulped. Maybe I should let it go? But then she noticed a white dove above Jessica’s head. Where did it come from? Okay, I have to, this must stop. “I…. You…”

“Yes?”

“Have you ever cheated on me?” Yuri asked quietly, but securely.

“What?! I did not! How… Why… Do you… I… Ehhh?” Jessica was taken aback by the sudden question. “What did you just asked?”

“I asked if you ever had with somebody except me.”

“What?! That’s insane Yuri, I would never do that!”

“You can tell me…. I want to know the truth…” Yuri whispered. Jessica was freaking out.

“That… why would you think that, baby?!”

“I was suspicious about that Kim Bum guy before, but I believed you… It’s just… I… I don’t know anymore.”

“You don’t trust me?” Jessica asked, surprised.

“I do… But…”

“But?” Jessica stared at Yuri with expectations, but the latter didn’t answer. “You don’t trust me,” she sighed with tears in her eyes.

“I…”

“You don’t,” Jessica shook her head.

Yuri was looking at her, confused. When exactly did this turn against me? She wanted to say something, but she just couldn’t. What am I supposed to do?

Jessica sighed again. She took her jacket and shoes and turned towards the door. She walked slowly, hoping Yuri would stop her. But she didn’t. She was just watching Jessica leave. And so Jessica left. She closed the door and ran towards the city. She felt tears coming from her eyes. After a while, she ran out of energy. She just couldn’t run anymore. She fell on her knees. She looked around and realized she’s near the forest. She suddenly felt sick again. The last thing she remembered was throwing up behind a tree; then everything turned black and she fell unconscious…

 

“Look, Tiffany, I don’t know, okay?!” Taeyeon yelled, angry.

“What?? How can you not know? You’re the mistress of the hell for god’s sake! If you don’t know then who?!”

“I don’t know!” Taeyeon buried her face in her palms, desperate.

“You have to know what you are going to do!”

“I was about to punish Jihyun differently, I was determined to suspend her, but then that girl appeared again and she was the one who told me to-“

“To kill her?!” Tiffany yelled.

”I did not kill her!” Taeyeon protested.

“No! You just used her to your wicked experiments! She wanted to do a good job, so she fulfilled all your wishes and she ended up being a stone!”

 “I will find out, how to get her back, okay?” Taeyeon whispered.

“Get some sleep, Taeyeon,” Tiffany said, before she left Taeyeon in her room.

Taeyeon sat behind her table and sighed. “This is not good…”

“It is…”

“You’re here again?” Taeyeon looked into the fireplace and immediately spotted familiar girlish face.

“I’m always here, I’m your mind,” Hyoyeon said with a forced smile.

“So, you, my mind, you are telling me, it’s a good thing I killed Jihyun?”

“You didn’t kill her. She accidentally turned into a stone, when she tested effects of Asmodis’ gems and potions. And yes, it’s a good thing.”

“Why? How is that a good thing?!”

“She was suspicious. She was acting weird. She surely had something to do with those bad guys that are trying to steal your powers. That are trying to kill you,” Hyoyeon added.

“I didn’t have any evidence!”

“But you can’t trust anybody...” The voice slowly faded away.

“Hey! You’re disappearing again without giving me any proper answer!”

“I’m always here,” Hyoyeon said, before she was gone. She still watched desperate Taeyeon for a while even thought the mistress of the hell couldn’t see or hear her anymore. Hyoyeon sighed. “I’m sorry…But I don’t have a choice… I promise I will help you, once you’ll stand face to face to that filthy bastard. I promise…”

 

Tiffany was upset and she didn’t know whether to stay in the Hell or whether to go back to Heaven. Then she heard a familiar voice. “Tiffany!”

She turned around and saw Krystal, running towards her. “What is it?” she asked.

“You don’t look good at all…” Krystal mumbled. “But I need your help. Right now.” She grabbed Tiffany’s hand and pulled her into her room.

“What is going on?” Tiffany asked, confused.

This is going on,” Krystal pointed to her bed. Tiffany immediately looked the direction. Her eyes widened in surprise.

“Oh my god, what happened?”