Chapter 2

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“Oh my god…”

“I know…”

“I thought we went to Italy, because Rome is really beautiful city and because we wanted to see the culture here.”

“We did.”

“So why I haven’t seen anything Italian except from that hotel room service guy so far?” Jessica lied on her back and looked on the ceiling. Her body felt cold, so she covered herself with a blanket.

“I thought you like this…?” Yuri said and hugged Jessica. She lovingly bit her girlfriend’s earlobe and kissed her jaw line.

“I do…” Jessica smiled. “But we can make out back home in Korea too. I think we should go out of the hotel for once.”

“Okay… I agree… but we should sleep a little, I’m kinda tired from all those activities we did for the past three days and nights.”

“Me too… Ever since I’m human I seriously can’t get enough sleep.”

“That’s not because you’re human now. That’s because we’re always busy all night… doing… something.”

“Oh yeah… we are.”

 

“I’m really sorry, Seohyun, but I can’t help you with this,” Gyuri said.

“But unnie, I already have too many angels to take care of, I can’t help another one.” Gyuri put her small golden mirror on the table and looked at Seohyun. Some things just never change.

“You know very well, we’ve been very busy these days. I don’t even have time to straighten my hair every morning,” Gyuri said as it was some kind of world disaster.

“I see…” Seohyun looked really discouraged and Gyuri saw it. Now she really wanted to help that poor girl.

“You know what? Ask Hyomin. I think she could take one more rookie under her wings.”

 

“Hyomin unnie.”

“Yes?” Hyomin smiled. She was on her own, watching over people in the hall.

“I have a favor to ask. Uhm… Do you think you could take one more angel trainee?” Seohyun looked into ground. She didn’t like the fact she’s asking for this. She’s always been very capable, she hated when something was beyond her strength.

“I guess one more angel is okay. Who is it?”

“Come with me, I will show her to you.” Hyomin immediately followed Seohyun.

It didn’t take long until they arrived to the white room, where Sunny was still spending her time. Seohyun opened the door and they spotted Sunny, fully clothed by now, staring on the earth through transparent part of the floor. “Her name is Sunny and she’s very…”

“…cute,” Hyomin finished Seohyun’s sentence. “Okay…” she didn’t even take her eyes off Sunny and smirked. “I will take care of her.”

 

“Rome really is a beautiful city,” Yuri said, admiring the famous Colosseum.

“But you are more beautiful,” Jessica pecked her girlfriend’s lips and smiled. Yuri sighed.

“You’re so cheesy…”

“But you love me.”

“Sure I do.”

They walked around some old houses when they suddenly noticed bunch of tourists on their left. It didn’t took them long to realize what were those tourists looking at. There was a really huge fountain right in front of them.

“Whoaaaa! That’s sooo beautiful! What is it?”

“I don’t know…” Jessica opened her guide book and looked the fountain up. Before she could answer, somebody else spoke up.

“That’s the Trevi Fountain. It’s the largest Baroque fountain in the city. Nicola Salvi was building this piece of art for long 30 years. People say that if you throw a coin into the fountain, you will return to Rome, if you throw two coins, you will find your true love here and if you throw in three coins, you will get married here.”

Yuri and Jessica were staring at young Korean man in front of them, speechless. “Uhmm… thanks?” Jessica hesitated.

“I’m sorry, I just heard you’re speaking Korean,” he smiled. His smile was cute, but Jessica still didn’t like cute things. Unless it’s Yuri. Some things just never change. “My name is Kim Bum,” he added.

“Hi… I guess.”

“What’s your name?”

“Jessica; and this is my girlfriend Yuri.” That guy, Kim Bum, smiled even more.

“You’re here for vacation?” he asked.

“Yes, you too?”

“No. Actually, I live here.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah… Now, don’t you wanna throw the coin to the fountain as well?” he suggested. Jessica and Yuri looked at each other. There was something odd about this guy, but whatever. They nodded and Yuri took coin out of her pocket.

“I have only one euro left,” she said.

“I don’t have any change left either… And I’m not throwing credit card into it,” Jessica added. Krystal recently showed her how those bank accounts work.

“You know what? Let’s just throw it together.”

“Sure.” They both held half of the coin and stood so their backs were facing the fountain. “On three?” Yuri nodded. “One, two, three!!” They threw the euro into the fountain. It immediately sank and joined the other countless coins on the bottom.

“You two are cute,” Kim Bum said. “Maybe we will meet again.”

“Maybe…” Yuri then leaned to Jessica and whispered to her ear: “Let’s go; that guy is kinda creepy.”

Her girlfriend just nodded and grabbed her hand. “We gotta go,” she said to Kim Bum. “Bye.” They turned around and disappeared behind the corner.

Kim Bum watched them leave and then he came closer to the fountain. His eyes sparkled as he looked at Yuri’s euro. He was paying very good attention to the coin when it sank. He knew it’s illegal, so he looked around before he rolled up his sleeves and put his hand into the water. He took Yuri’s coin out and smirked as he twirled it between his fingers…

 

“Do you have any video games here?”

“No.”

“Computers?”

“No.”

“Nintendo DS?”

“No.”

“Then Wii?”

“No.”

“Not even Tetris?”

“No.”

“What about Tamagotchi? That’s a must.”

“We don’t have those things here, Sunny!!!” Hyomin yelled.

“Oh… I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to upset you.” Sunny looked at Hyomin with puppy eyes and Hyomin just couldn’t be angry anymore.

“Fine… So, read those books I gave you. In a few months you will have to pass a very important exam. Otherwise you won’t be able to become an angel. If you fail you will die. Only your mindless soul will survive and you won’t be able to leave Heaven. If you will become an angel though, you will be able to go down to the Earth and maybe even to the Hell. Honestly it’s been much easier for angels to visit Hell ever since we defeated Asmodis,” Hyomin smiled at the thought of few years’ old memory.

“Who?” Sunny asked, curious.

“Long story. I will tell you about it when you know more about us, so study a lot.”

“Yeah, I will read it all… but you really don’t have a-“

“NO!!”