Chapter 6

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“HA!” Yoona bumped into her sister when she jumped onto the bed Yuri was sitting on. Yuri just ignored her. “Sis! Hey! What are you doing?” Still no answer from Yuri. She was just staring at a piece of paper she was holding in her hands. “YAH! KWON YURI!” Yoona just pulled that piece of paper out of Yuri’s hands. “Huh?” She was kinda surprised when she found out it’s a photo.

“YAH! YOONA!  What the heck do you think you’re doing?!” Yuri got her picture back as fast as possible, she looked angrily at Yoona and continued with staring at the photo.

“Who’s that beauty? Let me see! Is it the one you were talking about? That soulmate? Unnie! Pleeeeeaaaassssee! Tell meeee!” Yuri nodded. “So can I have a look?” Yoona asked and Yuri showed her the picture.

“I took this with my phone while she wasn’t looking and printed it out,” Yuri whispered.

“She’s hot,” Yoona said appreciatively, when she examined Jessica’s side face. At the same time, she started to feel that she’s already seen those blonde curls somewhere before. “Wait a moment… Where exactly is this place?” The background was really blurry, but Yoona found it… weird. One of the shadows reminded her of cross.

“Just… outside…” Yuri was a little bit hazy. Yoona frowned. Yuri was acting… weird.

“Unnie, what-… uhmmm… well… you- urmmm…”

“What is it?” Yuri asked.

“Well, I won’t beat about the bush, I’ll just say it. Do you love her?”

“Huh?” Yuri was caught off guard.

“Well?”

“I- I- I- I don’t know,” Yuri stuttered and Yoona smiled.

“God, sis, you’re such a blockhead.”

“Yah!  I’m still your unnie, so you better watch your mouth, okay? And yes, I know I’m useless.”

“So you love her?”

“I really don’t know. There’s something about her that makes me go crazy. I’m definitely feeling some kind of attraction towards her, but love? I think it’s too soon for that, I don’t know her that much.”

“Well, what does your heart tell you?”

“Huh?” Yuri looked at her sister, shocked once more. She sure didn’t expect this kind of question. She’s the older one, she’s the more mature one. How come her little sister is asking this type of question?

“So?”

 

It was getting darker and darker as the sun started to fade away. Two absolutely different girls were sitting quietly beside each other, sharing earphones of mp3 player. Jessica was really surprised, when Yuri offered her one of her earphones, but she didn’t hesitate and accepted Yuri’s offer right away. It made them closer. Or at least Jessica thought so.

Suddenly, Yuri grabbed her hand. “Oh, I love this song!” it might be surprising, but even Jessica knew this song. It was Without Words by Jang Geunsuk. She was aware of this song thanks to Tiffany, who really adores Geunsuk and his movies.

“Wanna dance?” Jessica asked without thinking about it first. After she realized what she just asked for, she madly blushed and looked at her shoes.

Yuri smiled. “Well, why not.” She got up and helped Jessica to get up too. She hugged her waist and pulled the latter closer. Jessica hesitantly put her hands around Yuri’s neck. Slowly, they started to swing to the rhythm. Jessica kept watching her feet to calm herself down. She’s never been so close to Yuri before, so this was making her crazy. Her touch, her smell, her… everything.  Jessica was going insane. She took a deep breath and looked straight into Yuri’s eyes. Those beautiful, brown… Jessica felt like she can see infinity. She was drowning in those eyes. And the closer they were the more drown she was… Wait. Closer? Yuri’s lips were suddenly on Jessica’s. But it didn’t last even for a second and before Jessica realized what’s going on, the other girl pulled away. They stopped dancing, even though the song was still playing.

“What- what- what- what was that?” Jessica whispered, stuttering. Yuri bit her lower lip and looked down, blushing.

“I don’t know. I’m really sorry. Just forget that ever happened.” Yuri looked at Jessica, who didn’t hesitate and without unnecessary thinking she pulled Yuri back to her. Before their lips met for the second time, she closed her eyes. Now Yuri was the one taken aback, but she quickly got over it and closed her eyes as well. Their lips were touching in the slightest way possible. It was still very gentle kiss, even though it got little bit rougher few second later. They were kissing for a while. Then Jessica unwillingly pulled away.

“I am sorry,” she whispered, blushing madly. Yuri just slightly smiled. The song already ended and another one started to play. Gee by some stupid cute girl group called Ladies’ Time or something like that. Jessica wasn’t really sure, but she didn’t care. She only knew she doesn’t like this stupid cheerful song.

“I should probably go…”

“I’ll go with ya!” Jessica said immediately and Yuri nodded.

“So, let’s go…”

 

Few tens of minutes later, a bus was passing around the old cemetery as usually. Yoona was coming back home really late today. She had really tough day at school and her head was about to blow up soon. She was tapping her seat and she couldn’t wait for her bed. She was staring out of the window with blank look on her face. Darkness. Darkness.  Darkness.  Darkness.  She could see absolutely nothing. She yawned and kept staring at the shadows of trees beside the road. The bus stopped at next bus stop. There were no lights around, so the only thing she could see was darkness. Darkness. Darkness. Darkness. Some light. Darkness… Wait. Light? Yoona quickly looked at that source of light. It was… hair. Blonde hair, to be exact. Girl, white as snow, dressed in black. Thanks to her white skin, Yoona was able to see her face pretty clearly. And she recognized her. She remembered where she saw her for the first time. And where she saw her for the second time. This is the mystery girl, that went nowhere last time. And this is the girl that makes Yuri go crazy. Wait, went nowhere? Before the bus rode away, she ran toward the door and got off. Yoona decided to follow that girl, since there’s something really weird about her…

 

Jessica kept smiling as she walked back to the cemetery. She wasn’t in a hurry, so she didn’t even fly. At first she wanted to use her wings, but she made up her mind and decided to walk. She touched her lips as she still couldn’t believe she really kissed Yuri. And Yuri kissed her back. It made her feel dizzy. She jumped out of joy. She was… happy. After really long time she actually felt happy…

When she entered the cemetery, she noticed Tiffany standing nearby. She was wearing simple jeans and white t-shirt.

“Oh, hey there,” Jessica smiled brightly.

“Wow. Jess. You’re sick or something?”

“I am not. Why should I?”

“You’re smiling. You’re all… cheerful. You’re shining. I though you’re disgusted by things like that.”

“Yeah, that used to be in past…”

“Uhm, well, I’ll ask you later. Now please explain, why did you leave the gate unguarded again?”

“You really care about it?”

“I don’t. Just that big boss up there will care once he’ll find out. I’m pretty sure about that.” Tiffany pointed at the sky. “Oh, and also it would be pretty interesting if that big boss down here found out.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I’ll start right away, okay?” Jessica mumbled and with quiet crack her wings appeared and her color of her eyes turned gold.

“You better do that, you devilish girl… And by the way, I should go back too.” Tiffany clapped her hands. The wind got stronger and a small whirl appeared. After few second the wind calmed down and Tiffany had her wings, her white garb and her white flower wrath. “Hey, do you smell that?” Tiffany asked. Because of her strong wind, she could smell that typical scent and she immediately became suspicious.

“What should I smell?”

“Human.”

Jessica inhaled by her nose. “It smells like Yuri. It might be just some remains. Or maybe it’s me, it could get on me while I was with her.”

 

Yoona shut her phone. That should be enough. Her video is long enough to prove that that girl and her friend are not normal people. She couldn’t risk staying here longer, because according to things she overheard, it’s not really safe to stay here anymore. This will tell Yuri the truth. She got out of her shelter behind the wall. She hissed in pain and looked at her swollen ankle. She tried to move it. When she saw the blonde one transform, it scared her that much that she flinched back, but unfortunately tripped over her own foot and fell. Her ankle got it. After she realized what’s going on, she decided to take out her mobile phone and record whatever was going on in front of her eyes. She was lucky enough to film Tiffany’s transformation. But that’s it, she gotta get out of this place. (The Great Escape, lol?) She took all of her stuffs and even though her foot was all red and swollen, she ran away…

 

“But before I go… what the heck happened that made you so happy?” Tiffany asked.

“It’s just… something about Yuri. But…” Jessica suddenly got obviously sadder. “This was the last time I ever spoke to her.”

“What? Why?”

“I’m starting to lose control over it. I’m afraid it could get really bad, difficult and complicated if I don’t cut her off right now.”

“Oooh… Jessie…” Tiffany felt honestly sorry for her friend.

“It’s okay, Tiff. I’m a big girl already, I’ll get over it. I’m just going to stalk her like I did in the past. I think she will continue to go there, even though I won’t be here for her.”

“You’re really sure, you’re gonna be okay?” Tiffany was hesitant about Jessica’s words, but the blonde one just nodded. “Okay then… I’ll come tomorrow so see you.” They hugged and Tiffany disappeared.

Jessica sighed, sat down on her pedestal and slowly she started to form her body into the shape of dragon…