Chapter 7

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

 

“What am I going to do?” Taeyeon buried her face into her palm. “What am I going to do….” She was alone in her room, because Tiffany went to Heaven to inform Gyuri.

“You know what to do…”

“Oh, why again? Stupid hallucinations!”

“I’m not a hallucination.”

“Oh really?” Taeyeon looked around. “I’m so going crazy…” she mumbled. “Don’t answer back anymore, Taengoo. That’s exactly what that hallucination wants.”

“Look into the fireplace.”

Taeyeon struggled with herself for a while, but eventually she couldn’t resist and slowly turned around. She looked into the fire and her jaw dropped. “Who are you? And what the heck is your face doing in my fireplace??!!”

Face of a beautiful girl sadly smiled. “I am you.”

“What? Like… what?”

“I’m you. I’m reflection of your mind and soul.”

“And you’re saying you’re not hallucination?” Taeyeon looked puzzled. “Uhh, whatever, so if you are reflection of my mind and soul then tell me what to do.”

That girl smiled again. “You know what he wants. He wants to kill you. He wants your power. And you know what you want. You don’t want anybody to get hurt.”

“S-sure…” Taeyeon hesitated. Is this really her mind and soul?

“But you don’t know who he is… Don’t trust anybody… You can’t. It might be anybody. And you don’t know who’s on his side… You can’t trust anybody.”

“It might be you!” Taeyeon pointed into the fire.

“But I’m you.”

“Oh, right… Then… what should I do right now?”

The girl just blinked and her face slowly faded away. “Yah! You didn’t answer! But… that’s weird. Is this really possible? Is she really me?”

 

Kim Bum took a lighter out of his pocket. He looked around. He was in an old part of the city and nobody was around. It was already past midnight. He opened the lighter and struck it. He watched the fire for a while. When nothing happened he shook the lighter and struck it again. “Where are you?!” he yelled.

Then he spotted a face in the fire. “I apologize.”

“Don’t be too daring, you know I still haven’t forgiven you for not telling me about Jessica not having her powers anymore. But you’re lucky. I was listening this time and you did great, Kim Hyoyeon.” She didn’t say anything, she just stared at him. “She’s already insecure; this is going to be easier than I thought.” She was still quiet. He looked into her eyes. “Look, I know you hate me, but don’t give me that despising look. Otherwise you will be trapped in the fire forever.”

“I’m sorry,” Hyoyeon said.

“Now go away, I want to smoke,” he said. Hyoyeon disappeared as he took cigarette out of his pocket and lighted it…

 

“Oh my god! Yuri!!”

“What is it?” Yuri immediately rushed into the bed room. She spotted Jessica staring in disbelieve at a glass of the water. She frowned. “What is it?”

“It…I-I don’t know what just happened…”

“What happened, you’re acting weird.”

“I… I swear I just accidentally spilled the water all over the floor, but suddenly…”

“Suddenly what?”

“The water was back in the glass.” Jessica turned her head to Yuri, her eyes slightly widened.

“You did that?” Yuri asked, surprised.

“I-I think so…”

“But… how is that possible?”

“Taeyeon told me there’s a chance I will be able to do some basic magic unintentionally… so maybe that was it…” Jessica gulped.

“But it has never happened until now.”

“That’s the thing… I don’t know why it happened now… Gosh, and I feel so sick lately…” Jessica sat on the bed and buried her head in her palms.

“What is it, babe? You know, you can tell me.” Yuri sat beside Jessica and hugged her.

“I don’t know… just… My head hurts, I feel dizzy and I constantly feel like throwing up… It lasts for some time already. Actually it started two days before we came back from Italy and I think it’s getting worse.” Since we met Kim Bum? Jessica shook her head to get rid of the thought. Just a coincidence.

“Maybe you’re just sick…”

“Yeah… maybe… do you think it’s possible that my powers came back because I’m sick? I’ve never been sick before…” But maybe I’m sick because my powers are back? And are they even back?

“You know what? Lie down, I’m going to cook you some dinner, I’ll call Narsha you’re not coming today and I will go lie down to you and you will get better soon.”

“Fine…” Jessica smiled. “Thanks… But didn’t you say you have to bring your results to the institute? You know? The mud you have been playing with in the cellar for the last week?”

“It’s not a mud baby; it’s a substance from Azerbaijan volcano.”

“Yeah, whatever, it stinks, so it’s a mud.”

“I will just email it to them.”

“Sure…” Yuri smiled and went to the kitchen. Jessica bit her lower lip as she watched levitating flower on the other side of the room. Okay… This is so not good…

 

Seohyun was biting her nails as she was watching into huge bowl with water. She knew she shouldn’t do it. She knew breaking the rules is bad, but she just had to peek. She’s okay with Yoona dating, of course, but there’s something about that guy that keeps her nervous. She knew it’s forbidden, but she just couldn’t help herself.

She used her powers to make water mirror into earthly world. She was secretly watching her best friend, taking a walk with her new… boyfriend.

After Yoona called her this morning, saying Taecyeon finally asked her out, Seohyun couldn’t think about anything else. She couldn’t focus on her work and after Gyuri scolded her, she decided to take a look down on the earth to calm herself down.

It obviously didn’t work. The sight of those lovebirds didn’t help her at all. She felt even worse. “Something’s wrong with me…” she mumbled. She realized, she would never break the rules, but now she’s here, doing it. She also realized she would never hate in her (after)life before, yet she’s having some negative feelings towards that guy.

She frowned as she watched them enter pizzeria. “Great… now he’s gonna feed her with all the unhealthy food…”

Seohyun couldn’t help but feel really uneasy about the whole thing. She couldn’t bear it anymore. She ruffled the water and the scene disappeared…

 

“Here you are, shorty Bunny,” Sooyoung gave Sunny Nintendo. “You owe me.”

“I know… Thanks a lot!!!” Sunny’s eyes sparkled and she jumped on Sooyoung so she could hug her. Sooyoung was too tall, so Sunny’s legs were now in the air.

“Oh! God! You’re so heavy for a bunny! Get of me!”

“You’re the best, Namsan!”

“I know I am,” Sooyoung nodded. “Now let go of me already.”

“I’m sorry…” Sunny let go of Sooyoung’s neck and fixed her clothes. “Uhmm… I know you told me your name before, but what was it again?”

“Sooyoung.”

“Sooyoung… mhmm… You’re my friend now, so I should call you by your name,” Sunny smiled. “See you later, Sooyoungie,” she added before she ran away.

“Wait! What? Sooyoungie??!! And who said we’re friends!!!” Sooyoung yelled, but then she smiled. “Cute bunny Sunny…” She realized she must be looking like an idiot, just standing there and smiling. She rapidly shook her head. “What the heck am I thinking? Damn, my erted boss!!”