Chapter 37

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Jessica woke up. She was sweating like mad, breathing heavily. Something felt weird. Her head hurt. She wasn’t sure whether she slept or was actually unconscious. “Uhh…” she sat up. She rubbed her eyes and then she touched her stomach. Her eyes widened and a shock crossed her face as she realized something. She quickly examined her body, gasping. “Yuri-yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!”

 

He laughed fanatically. He couldn’t believe he actually did that. He just kidnapped a baby right from its mother’s womb. He looked at the baby in his hands, satisfied. It was a completely healthy newborn. A boy. The boy started to cry and at the same time it started to rain. “Hey! Stop it!” Kim Bum ordered and snapped his finger. The baby stopped crying and the weather got better as well. “I see… you’re a very powerful baby boy, aren’t you?” Kim Bum smirked. “Well, you’re a direct descendant of the original master of the hell, so you better be really powerful… I’m gonna make you my successor. And I’m gonna call you…” he frowned as he thought about it, “Seontaeg, the chosen one.”  

 

Yuri rushed to the bedroom as fast as she could. Tiffany followed.

“What happened?” Yuri asked, shocked and confused at the same time.

“Look at me!” Jessica shrieked few octaves higher than usually.

It didn’t take Yuri a long to realize, what’s wrong. She gasped and ran to Jessica, looking at her from different angles.

“Y-you’re stomach… it’s… flat…” Tiffany said, shocked.

“I know!!” Jessica yelled.

“H-how?” Tiffany continued quietly.

Jessica just shook her head and started to tear up.

Yuri kept examining her, she couldn’t believe her eyes.

“Yuri-yah… it’s… gone…” Jessica whispered as she grabbed Yuri’s wrist.

“First Taeyeon and now… Krystal… we need that girl here, damn it!” Tiffany cursed and ran out of the room.

 

“What is this place?” Krystal frowned.

“That’s the abandoned city,” Nicole whispered. They were all whispering, it just didn’t feel good to talk loudly at such a quiet and dead place.

“It’s huge, I expected a small village,” Krystal said. “Why is it abandoned anyways?”

“You see that power station over there?” Nicole pointed somewhere behind the city. There really was an old power station maybe a two kilometers away. “Exploded thirty years ago.”

“Fascinating,” Hyoyeon mumbled. “I’ve heard about this place before, but this is beyond my imagination.”

A wind started to blow their direction and Krystal gasped. “He was here,” she breathed out. “Or maybe he’s still here,” she added. “I can smell that demonic scent.”

Hyoyeon frowned and nodded.

“Yeah… I smell it too, magic,” Nicole agreed quietly.

Suddenly, Krystal’s phone rang, ruining the complete silence, starling them all.

“Damn you, girl! That scared the hell out of me!” Hyoyeon complained. Krystal just looked at her with a sharp look and answered the call.

“Yeah?” she asked, whispering.

“Krystal!” Panic was obvious in Yuri’s voice.

“Yuri? What’s wrong?” Krystal asked, biting her lower lip, nervous.

“Jessica… our baby… it’s gone…” Yuri whispered, her voice shaking.

“What?” Krystal barked. She gritted her teeth. “That bastard… Must be his doing. I swear I’m gonna rip his head off and then stuck it into a blender!”

“Gee, calm down, that’s disgusting,” Hyoyeon complained and Nicole nodded.

“He kidnapped my nephew!”

“For real?” Nicole nodded.

“You have a nephew? I though your sister hasn’t given a birth yet.”

“She hasn’t,” Krystal said, angry.

Hyoyeon looked at her in disbelieve. “Then how did he…?”

“I don’t know yet, but… I’m gonna kill him.”

“Uhh, girls?”

“Yup, Nicole?” Hyoyeon said, as she looked at the girl who was staring somewhere and slowly raising her index finger to point.

“Is that… an explosion?”

 

Kim Bum just let explode a random building. For some reason he felt more and more powerful. He felt good once he released all his powers but that feeling didn’t last for a long time. And he felt like he needs to release more and more often. “Ahhh… this is exhausting,” he mumbled as rubbed his forehead. Headache. He looked at the baby calmly sleeping in a conjured up bed. “How did your grandfather managed to control these powers? Or that stupid shorty? Gah!” He stared at the sky and it began to rain. He could even control the weather. The strong wind started to blow. He frowned as he overheard something. What the… Somebody’s here?

 

“Nicole!” Krystal hissed angrily.

“I’m sorry, sorry! The wind startled me!” Nicole whispered as she started to pick up pieces of some old… something that she just broke.

“Why are you picking it up, just leave it there!” Krystal said, irritated.

“I’m sorry!”

“We’re in troubles now, because of you, you clutz!”

“I’m-“

“She already apologized, okay?” Hyoyeon interrupted, frowning. “It’s okay, Cole, really.”

Krystal looked at them, suspicious. “What… am I missing here?” she asked slowly.

“Nothing,” the other two girls said in unison.

“If I’m not missing anything… it means you two are missing quite a lot,” Krystal just stated, observing them carefully.

“What do you mean? What does she mean, Hyoyeonnie?” Nicole looked at Hyoyeon.

“I have no idea,” Hyoyeon just shook her head.

“Stupid,” Krystal mumbled and before the two could get offended she added. “But we have some work to do here, we’ll talk about this later. Or you two, I don’t need to hear or see that.”

“I don’t get it,” Hyoyeon whispered and looked at Nicole, who just shrugged.

“Let’s focus,” she said instead of answering.

The three of them stared at the empty street. Krystal was quietly mumbling something.

“What are you saying?” Nicole asked, whispering.

“I’m trying to surround us with a shield so he won’t smell us. He’s here and he probably already knows somebody is here, so we need to cover ourselves,” Krystal explained and continued.

“He’s not nearby, let’s go,” Hyoyeon ordered and walked on the empty street.

“Don’t!” Krystal warned her quietly. “It’s dangerous! You don’t know where he is!”

But Hyoyeon didn’t seem to care. And Nicole just followed her.

Krystal facepalmed herself. “You crazy, women! What are you doing!”

“Look! This building looks much better than the other ones here!” Nicole pointed out.

“You’re right… That’s weird,” Hyoyeon stated.

Krystal thought it’s quite weird too, so she approached the building, but from the back side so she could hide anytime. Not like those insane girls in the middle of the empty street.

Suddenly she swore she could see a movement. She quickly hid behind a barrel right next to the front door. She frowned desperately when she stared at those two idiots.

She winked as she spotted him. Kim Bum. He was walking right towards them.

“Who are you?” he asked Nicole. He couldn’t see Hyoyeon’s face. She quickly covered it with her clothes before she slowly turned around, making sure she’s still staring on the ground… Krystal could see him forming a fire ball in his hand behind his back. She couldn’t help but smirk. Her shield worked. He couldn’t smell anything; he had to think they’re just humans. Lost tourists maybe?

“Oh, I think… we got lost,” Nicole answered slowly. She was obviously nervous. Krystal hated how obvious she is. Damn it…

She realized the door is opened. She quickly entered the building and looked around. She just hoped the two of them will be fine. Then she noticed a bed and something wrapped in a sheets on it. It moved.

Her eyes widened as she quickly ran towards it, needing to make sure her suspicious is correct. And it was. “Oh my god…” she mumbled almost inaudibly. She quickly picked the baby up and carefully held it. Then she suddenly heard an explosion. She closed her eyes tightly. Of course he found out…

“You! You ran away!” Krystal heard him yell. He must have recognized Hyoyeon.

She tried to transfer, but failed. “What the-?” she cursed, when she realized Kim Bum probably secured this place from transferring.

Still holding the baby, she ran out of the building. She could see Hyoyeon and Nicole trapped in an invisible cage. They were trying to run away, but they couldn’t because invisible walls were stopping them.

Krystal thought about all those spells she knew, trying to think of some who could save them. But then Hyoyeon interrupted her train of thoughts. “RUN!” she yelled.

Kim Bum turned around and finally noticed her.

Krystal didn’t hesitate. She ran for her life, holding the baby tight. She felt a heat from a few fire balls that passed by her. Luckily, Kim Bum always missed. And luckily, as she just realized, the spell against transferring didn’t allow Kim Bum to transfer either.

Then she also realized, she can transfer, while he, obviously can’t. That’s the limitation of the holder of the ultimate power. No flying for you. She closed her eyes for like two seconds. When she opened them, she already had her wings and her eyes gold. She smirked and jumped. She didn’t fly too high; her main goal was to fly away.

She was also trying to transfer every five seconds, hoping the spell doesn’t reach that far. Kim Bum was still right behind her, throwing his fireballs. He probably used some spells to run faster or not to get tired. She could hear his footsteps. Then, when she already thought this is the end, she finally got out of the reach of the spell and disappeared…

 

“This is truly insane…” Yuri said, while rubbing Jessica’s back. She had a really hard time with Jessica being upset and Tiffany being upset as well. She herself was upset as well, but she knew she has to be strong. Even though she just wanted to hug Jessica and cry, she knew she couldn’t because that would make Jessica and Tiffany feel even worse.

Suddenly, her cell phone rang. She immediately thought it’s from the work, so she just answered without even looking at the display. “I’m sorry, I can’t talk right now, I’ll call back later,” she just said and was about to hung up, but then…

“YURI! It’s me! Krystal!”

“Krystal?” Yuri asked, surprised. It immediately caught Jessica’s attention, who leaned towards the phone, so she could hear.

“Yes!” Krystal barked.

“W-what’s going on?” Yuri stuttered. “Where are you?”

“I have no idea where I am. I think somewhere in Kazakhstan. I transferred as far as possible. But that’s not important. I have your child.”

“What?” Yuri whispered and Jessica slowly opened before she looked at her wife.

“I got your baby back, but I had to leave Hyoyeon and Nicole behind,” Krystal said really quickly.

“Hyoyeon and… who?” Yuri said quietly.

“Our baby?” Jessica just mumbled. Yuri looked at her and smiled faintly, before nodding.

“And? What happened?” Yuri continued questioning.

Krystal sounded a bit breathless; it took her a while to answer. “We… found him… But it’s still not the end… I need to take a break for a few minutes; I’ll be at your place in an hour.”

“O-okay, be careful,” Yuri said and Krystal hung up. Then she sighed. “I hope they’re okay…”

“What? Anything new?” Tiffany asked, still holding onto Taeyeon’s hand firmly.

“We don’t know,” Yuri shook her head.

Suddenly the lights switched off on its own.

“W…Why did it switch off?” Tiffany carefully asked.

Jessica and Yuri looked as confused as she was.

Then Yuri realized something. “Didn’t… Taeyeon fix it earlier?”

“The spell… is gone?” Tiffany breathed out, shaking.

Jessica winked. “Taeyeon is…” she took a deep breath. “Her last bits of powers are almost gone…”

 

 

A/N: Sorry if the storyline is not that good xD I'm not really content with this part. But... I'm too lazy to re-write it :D Deal with it. Aaand before you kill me, let me remind you there is a difference between "dying" and "being dead". Please kill me only once Taeyeon dies xD Until then... keep your hopes up and let me live, hhhh