Chapter 14

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Sunny opened her eyes and blinked several times. Where am I? She felt really cold. She realized she’s lying on the ground in the park near her school. The ground was wet, so she assumed it rained recently. It was also quite windy and foggy. She stood up, but lost her balance immediately. She had a huge headache and she felt really dizzy.

“What happened?” she wondered aloud. Because of the weather, she could tell it’s early morning. But what date is it?

She turned around to find somebody who could tell her, but there was nobody around. Then some old newspapers flew around. She caught them without hesitation and stared at the front page. Her eyes grew wider as she spotted the date. October 26. But the newspaper were really wet, dirty and half of the pages was missing, so Sunny assumed it is around two or three days old.

“H-how? Why don’t I remember anything that happened since September?” she whispered to herself in panic. “What happened?”

She examined herself. She looked okay except for the fact her clothes was all dirty and wet. And why is she wearing her summer jogging clothes in autumn? But…What’s the red stain here? “That’s…. blood?” She quickly pulled her shirt up. She didn’t have any wound so the blood can’t be hers. “What the hell happened?”

She walked out of the park and felt really thankful that nobody’s around in this period of times. What would people think if they saw her with this bloody clothing?

Luckily her home wasn’t that far, so she didn’t need to take a cab. She just headed the right direction and in ten minutes she was standing right in front of the house with apartments, she was staying at. The sun was just rising up and some people started to appear on the streets.

Right, keys… She quickly went through her pockets and luckily, she hadn’t lost them.

She opened the doors of the main lobby and the old doorman, who was sitting behind his table and reading newspapers, looked at her. “God! Miss! Are you okay?” he asked, obviously shocked.

“Yes,” she just answered.

“But… May I know who are you visiting? I haven’t seen you here yet.” Sunny, who was just about to run the stairs, suddenly stopped. She slowly turned around.

“Excuse me? I live here. You saw me at least thousand times,” she told him.

The doorman just shook his head. “I’m sorry, miss. Can you tell me which apartment are you going to?”

“Apartment number nine. Lee Sunkyu.”

The doorman looked at her, confused. “But miss Lee doesn’t live here anymore.”

“Why? Since when?” Sunny asked, confused.

“Her family checked her out. It happened last month.”

 But why? What happened for god’s sake? And why doesn’t he remember me?

 

“Okay…” Sunny gulped. “Well… at least I know why the doorman didn’t recognize me.” She was staring at her reflection in the side mirror of some random car on the street.

Her long brown hair was gone, her makeup was completely destroyed by water and her eyes had… a slight purple shade. Or maybe that’s just the lighting? What definitely was not lighting was her blonde and short haircut. She had to admit it would look good, if it wasn’t for the messed up make up and dirty clothes. But the weirdest thing was that only her reflection was different. When she looked on her shoulders, she still could see her long brown hair, she still could ran her fingers through them, but it seems like she’s the only one who can see them and touch them. For everybody else she had short blond hair and slightly purple eyes, which Sunny couldn’t be really sure if she had them for real or only in the reflection and in the version of her everybody else sees.

She sighed and once again looked for something in her pockets. “Crap…” she mumbled as she took out something around twenty thousand won. “This is why I should bring my Visa every time I go jogging. This is not enough. I can’t take any public transport with my condition like this, so I have to buy some clothes first.”

Sunny was aware of the fact she can’t spend much on the clothes, so after she fixed her make up a little bit, she entered the nearest second hand shop and bought the cheapest hoodie there. She ignored all those people who kept staring at her, shocked. She put the hoodie over her bloody t-shirt, not only because she wanted to cover the dirt, but also because she felt incredibly cold. She assumed her pants are okay, since they’re black and the blood and other stains weren’t so visible. She sighed as she looked at the two thousand won in her hand and headed to the nearest bus station…

 

Yoona stopped, stared at the door and sighed. Then she walked few steps back. Then she came back, stared at the door, shook her head, sighed desperately again and walked away. Then she stopped and turned back.

“Yah!” Some random boy, sitting on the floor nearby, said. “Can’t you just stop with that? I swear you once again walk back, look at the door, sigh and walk away and I’ll kill you. It really gets on my nerves.”

“I’m sorry,” Yoona mumbled and bowed her head a little. She decided to come back to her room, but that boy stopped her again.

“NO! I don’t know what are you trying to do, but you will go inside that room and deal with your problems! I don’t wanna see you here tomorrow.”

“But-“

“Just… do it!” That boy had really hostile look in his eyes. Yoona stared right into his eyes and realized that he’s right. She took a deep breath before knocking on the doors. She suddenly wanted to run away, but the door immediately opened.

“Hi, baby,” Taecyeon said with a killer smile and Yoona suddenly forgot what she wanted to say…

 

 Sunny was staring into her house through the window, her eyes wide opened, her jaw dropped. Her mother was sitting in the kitchen alone, staring at Sunny’s photo and quietly crying. She didn’t understand. She was suddenly too afraid. She felt something wet on her cheeks as she started to cry too. Then she noticed her dad, coming down the stars, joining her mother in the kitchen. They talked and even though Sunny couldn’t hear them, she knew he’s angry. Then he shouted something. It was just one sentence. And Sunny heard it. She heard only once sentence, but it was enough for her. “This won’t bring her back, she’ dead!!”

So that’s how it really is…

 

“So… what brings you here, babe?” Taecyeon asked as they both sat on his bed.

“Oh, right,” Yoona shook her head to put her thoughts together. Taecyeon’s smile was a little bit disturbing. “I… wanna ask you something. And I want you to be honest.”

“Sure, you can ask me anything,” Taecyeon said, smiling. “I promise I will tell you the truth.”

“Okay…” Yoona took a deep breath and started into his eyes. She was still hesitating. She wasn’t sure if she wants to know the truth. She scared of the truth. “Have you… no… would you… ever… cheat on me?” she finally asked.

“What?! No way! Why would you think that?” he asked, shocked.

“I saw… Suji… wearing your shirt…”

“Oh. Ooooh,” an expression of realization came across his face. “The red one?”

“Yes.”

“So that’s why it disappeared! Of course… I’m gonna kill that guy.”

“Who? What happened?” Yoona asked.

“You know my roommate? Jaebeom?” Yoona just shook her head. “Jay Park?” he asked again.

“Oh… yeah, now I know,” Yoona nodded.

“Well, that Suji girl is his girlfriend. Recently they had wild night here and I found her torn clothes under the bed. I asked Jaebeom what she was wearing when she left and he told me, he gave her his shirt… She probably took mine shirt by mistake. I’m gonna kill him,” he said again.

“Oooh, so that’s what happened,” Yoona slowly said. Then she smiled. “I’m sorry, I accused you from cheating.”

“That’s okay, I understand,” he said and hugged her. Too bad that Yoona couldn’t see the smirk that appeared on his face...