Chapter 1

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

 

An old gargoyle, which was standing in front of a dilapidated gate to the temple in the middle of the old cemetery, slowly looked around. Its dragon’s eyes were looking here and there. It was a really dark night and there was nobody around. There could be heard only sounds of cars passing by. Nothing was moving, except for the leaves on the trees, which were getting played by lazy wind. 

Suddenly, the wind got much more stronger. The dust on the graves rose and a small tornado appeared, causing some graves to crack even more. The dust moved above the gargoyle and it started to cough really hard. It was writhing for a while, before it fell on the dirty ground. The dust settled and it revealed blond girl in black with black wings. She kept trying to cough that stupid dust out of her lungs. With tears in eyes she looked at pair of white ankles right in front of her. She sat up, wiped her tears and with short lightning she let her wings disappear. Then she angrily looked at its owner.

“Yah!” she yelled and stood up on her feet. “You’re an angel for god’s sake! Can’t you appear in some… I don’t know… more tolerant way?”

“I apologize, Jessica,” the angel girl smiled. That girl was wearing long white dress and on her head was wreath made by white flowers which Jessica couldn’t identify, but she knew for sure those flowers are not from the Earth. That girl’s dark hair contrasted with her white skin and pure snowy image. But it were her pearl wings, which were standing out the most.

“Tiffany, what are you doing here again?” Jessica asked, slightly irritated, while she was trying to rub away the dust on her pants. Then she looked at the angel. “And do you always have to… shine like that? It really does ruin the cemetery feeling.”

“Oh, yeah, I know, sorry,” Tiffany raised her hand and the wind started to blow stronger again. Jessica immediately hid behind her pedestal to avoid one more round with that not-so-pleasant cough. She’s always thought Tiffany’s magic . It was little bit too… windy. And it’s usually very dusty. Moreover, Tiffany’s never cooled Jessica down with her wind during hot summer nights even though the blond one kept begging her for a really long time.

When she got out from her little shelter, Tiffany was already in white shirt, blue jeans and pink Converse. The only thing that differed her from people, were her purple eyes. “Well, it’s more comfortable.”

“Seriously, Tiff?” Jessica asked and pointed at Tiffany’s shoes.

“What? You know pink is my little weakness!”

“Oh, yeah, whatever…” Jessica actually didn’t really care. “What are you doing here? Another control?”

“Yeah…” Tiffany nodded. “Of course, what else it could possibly be? You can’t blame me; it’s my job to control you. We have to make sure you’re guarding The Gates of Hell well.”

“Of course I am… There’s nobody around,” Jessica said.

“Oh really?” Tiffany asked, little bit amused. “And what about that sad mortal girl of yours?”

“Oh that one…” Jessica slightly blushed when she remembered that dark girl with black hair and die-for body.

“Oh that one…” Tiffany imitated. “Exactly that one. Since she has been going here for some weird reasons, you started to guard gate more often. Krystal, that poor girl… She doesn’t have a work anymore.”

“And I’m pretty sure she’s really unbearably sad about it,” Jessica said ironically.

“Well, at least she has not fallen for a mortal,” Tiffany yawned.

“I did NOT- Yah! Hwang Mi Young! Don’t try my patience! You know one my word can cut your wings off!”

Tiffany smirked and bowed. “I’m really sorry, Jessica. Please forgive me, it won’t happen EVER again.” She knew Jessica didn’t mean it, but she also knew it could really happen. Jessica, as a daughter of the Devil himself, had really high position in the Hell.

Jessica laughed. “You know I’m just kidding. You’re annoying, but you’re my friend. The only friend from outside I have.“ Jessica’s tone suddenly turned to be sad.

“You know what? Screw the guarding tomorrow. Krystal will help you. I’ll take you to the mall. When exactly is the last time you were with people?” Tiffany smiled, showing her white shiny teeth. Jessica felt like vomiting. She’s always hated all those bright things, Tiffany’s eye-smile including.

“Uhm… but it’s Wednesday.”

“And…?”

“She could possibly come again.” Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“Oh, come on, Jess… Besides, I don’t know if you noticed, but she never comes in the morning. She has to go to school,” Tiffany laughed as she found college as something really silly.

“Well… Okay… I just have to tell Krystal…” Jessica closed her eyes and she let her mind find the mind of her sister. Suddenly Krystal appeared right in front of her. She was wearing tight jeans, shirt, which was revealing her tummy and some vest over it. Jessica realized, Krystal was probably in some night club again. And she’s only seventeen…

“What’s up?” she asked, irritated. Sometimes she acts exactly like her sister in younger package. She’s cold and annoying, but unlike her sister she likes mortals and she has lots of human friends. Their dad or maybe creator isn’t really happy about it. He’s too afraid they could be revealed.

“Sis, could you please stand here tomorrow instead of me?” Jessica showed her best smile and Krystal scratched her head.

“Well, it doesn’t exactly fit my plan, but I can cancel that cinema with Sulli. After all, you always do my job, so now it’s my turn.”

“Thanks a lot, Krystalie, you’re my favorite little sister!” Jessica smiles and so did Tiffany.

They were silent for a while. “Uhmmm… Sica?” Krystal spoke up.

“Yes?

“Well, I don’t know if you forgot, but I’m not twenty yet. I only have half of my magic power, so I can’t transfer myself on my own yet. Could you please provide me some of your energy so I could go back to the concert?”

“Oh, yeah, sure, sorry,” Jessica smiled and transferred telepathically some of her energy to Krystal and she disappeared.

“So, deal?” Tiffany asked after a while.

“Yeah, sure.”

“So, I will go back for a while, I have to tell boss everything is okay with the gate. I’ll be there in… let’s say five hours?”

“Alright, see ya!” The dust rose up again, when Tiffany was transforming into her original state. Jessica tried not to breath. After the dust settled she spread her own black wings with thin bloody stripes. Her eyes immediately turned gold. That was her devilish look. But unlike Tiffany, her eyes always changed its color into black when she transformed into human.

“Yeah, bye.” Tiffany disappeared in small tornado full of dust, gravel and soil. Jessica slowly sat on her pedestal and her body started to form into gray dragon. It’s time to guard again…

 

Both, Tiffany and Krystal, arrived in time. “So, can we go?” Tiffany asked. She was completely in pink and Jessica scolded her for that earlier. But Tiffany refused to change. Everything was matching. Even sunglasses and shoelaces. The blond one chose something more casual. She decided to wear blue jeans, shirt with leopard pattern, white leather jacket and cool black cap.

“I guess we can. Krystal? Can we?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah, yeah, sure, everything’s gonna be okay. And if something happens, I’ll contact you, kay?”  

“Don’t contact her,” Tiffany stuck out her tongue, grabbed Jessica’s wrist and pulled her out of the cemetery…

 

The angel and the devil are shopping like best friends – unbelievable. Oh, well, not really. Actually, Heaven and Hell are in very good relationship. Both institutions are pretty much similar. Souls of dead people would disagree for sure, but the hierarchy system is the same. In other words, you have good time as an angel, but you have good time as a devil too. But the whole story is little bit more complicated. When Asmodis, master of the Hell, and Dominus, master of the Heaven, started to collect souls to avoid oversoulation, they created a special island just for them. It was called Atlantis. But people had different opinions and they used to fight a lot. Their conflicts kept increasing and souls of dead people managed to destroy the whole island. Dominus and Asmodis realized, they have to keep the bad ones apart from the good ones. Well, they tossed a coin. Asmodis lost and he had to take the bad ones. Eventually he got used to it, but he went crazy. Jessica realized he’s also evil, when she became a teenager. Asmodis always considered her as his daughter, so she often used to be around him and easily noticed, his behavior can’t be considered as normal anymore. Now he’s really cruel and completely heartless. But surprisingly he is still gentle and tolerable when it comes to his subjects.

 

“Why are we doing it again?” Jessica asked and pointed at seven huge bags full of clothes in Tiffany’s hands. “Well, just asking, because we can… you know…  conjure it up.”

“But that’s boring!” Tiffany stated.

“Uhmm… But can’t we just go back home already?” Jessica looked at the huge clock, that was right above her head.

 “But we’re here only like for… eight hours!” Tiffany complained.

“Are you ki- Ouch!“ Jessica didn’t finish her sentence. She touched her head as it started to hurt really badly. “Uhhh, damn it!”

“What’s wrong? What’s going on?”

“Somebody is trying to get into my head. In very rough way. It’s… Krystal?” Jessica allowed her sister to go inside. “What is it? Do you have any idea how much it hurt?” asked Jessica in her mind, irritated.

“SHE’S HERE!” Krystal screamed and Jessica hissed in pain one more time.

“God damn it! Calm down! Who?”

“That mortal girl of yours! The one that always goes here.” Jessica’s eyes immediately grew wider.

“She’s there? Got it! I’ll be there in a minute!” She kicked her sister out of her mind and innocently smiled at Tiffany. Tiffany hesitantly smiled back. She knows this smile and it doesn’t predict anything good…