Chapter 28

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“It all started in Romania, you know?” Hyoyeon sighed. She was sitting in Taeyeon’s room on the bed while Taeyeon, Jessica and Yuri were sitting around her. Tiffany was sitting on Taeyeon’s table and Krystal was just leaning against the wall, still examining Hyoyeon from head to toe with a frown on her face and dagger in her hand.

“Romania?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows. “Why would you be in Romania? You’re like… from here, aren’t you? I mean Korea.”

Hyoyeon nodded. “Yes. But I worked all my life in China. And then, five years ago, they send me to Romania because they needed more workers there. Problems with vampires.”

“Vampires? Vampires actually exist?” Yuri spoke up. “You’ve never mentioned it,” she looked at Jessica.

“They don’t. Technically. Vampires are just strong bad souls that escaped. If some really bad person dies their soul goes to hell, obviously. But if that person is really strong, they can eventually gain back their body and in badly guarded hells they can quite easily ran away back to Earth. These souls are very violent; they tend to bite arteries, so they kill people by biting their necks or wrists. They don’t drink blood though, that’s what humans made up to make it scary. It works basically the same like very strong good souls can become angels,” Jessica explained.

“Yeah, that’s pretty much it, back to the topic, what about the vampires?” Taeyeon looked at Hyoyeon asking her to continue.

“They were giving Romania hard time for few centuries already, but for some reason it suddenly got much worse. And then it ed…”

 

FLASHBACK

Ofiţerul comandant Kim! Am fost invadat! Am fost invadat!”

Commanding officer Kim! We’ve been invaded!

“What?” Hyoyeon told to herself in Korean. She looked around. Everything was in total chaos. „Hey, tell me what happened!” she stopped a random Romanian demon. She was using spell to remove all language barriers. She was talking in Korean, but the guy heard it as Romanian. It worked backwards as well.

“I don’t know! Some guy entered the gate with a bunch of escaped souls with him. He got them under some kind of spell, so they listen to him. They are unstoppable, they’re gonna kill us all!” he panicked.

“Damnit!” Hyoyeon cursed. “Damnit!” Romanian hell has always been in a bad condition, it really wasn’t hard to invade. There was no permanent chief here, so Hyoyeon felt like she’s the strongest one here. She also probably was. She looked around and she spotted them.

Some Asian guy and his army of ‚vampires’ kept killing every single demon they spotted. The guy then took their powers. Hyoyeon knew he needs to be stopped. And quickly. She watched as he sent his army destroy everything and kill everybody here and once he was alone for a few second, she approached him.

“Hey you!” she yelled. “What do you thing you are doing?!” surprisingly, her words came out in Korean.

“Whoo, look at that, Korean girl...” he answered back, smirking. „And such a cutie...”

“Bastard!” Hyoyeon noticed huge and sharp stalactite above the guy’s head. (There are no stalactites in developed hells, developed hells are pretty and clean catacombs, but they didn’t have any reasons in Romanian base to make it that pretty there.) She mumbled some spells and in a few seconds, the stalactite fell down. To Hyoyeon’s displeasure, the stalactite just slid down across his body, leaving absolutely no harm on it. It was like his body was immune.

He laughed. “You seriously thought I had no protection? Just for your information I destroyed every single small hell in Africa already. I very powerful.”

“Crap...” Hyoyeon winked few times. She was starting to get nervous. She kept hearing demons screaming, because souls were killing them one by one by ripping their heads of. She turned around just in time to see one of those souls is about to attacks her. “Yah!” she took a dagger out of a sheath that was attached to her belt. She stabbed the soul and it turned into dust immediately.

That guy looked impressed. “Interesting thingy you have here,” he said. “That can’t be a normal dagger, what is it made by? Doesn’t look like sugilite.”

“It’s not,” Hyoyeon shrugged. Then she felt the dagger is shaking. “W...what... what are you doing?!” She felt like somebody is taking the dagger from her hand forcefully. “No!” she grabbed it with her both hands. She also started to mumble some spells.

She was mumbling a spell for him to burn in a fire. And he was mumbling some spells as well. Sparks started to appear above them. Then it exploded. For a second white light filled the room, but soon it disappeared. When it faded away, The guy was lying on the floor, half unconscious and Hyoyeon was nowhere to seen. The room was on fire.

It took few minutes for him to stand back on his feet. He looked around. Suddenly everything was quiet, like this explosion affected the whole place.

“What happened?”

“You! Where are you!”he yelled. He heard her voice clearly, but he couldn’t see her.

“Right here.”

He looked into flames and spotted her face there. “Whoa! How did you get in there?”

“I don’t know, I guess those spells combined,” Hyoyeon answered irritated. „What am I going to do now?”

He kept watching her while scratching his head. “I could get you out of there. And I could also kill right away. But thinking about it... You might be useful.”

“No way!” Hyoyeon protested.

“Okay,” he shrugged and snapped his fingers.

She yelled in pain as the flames started to burn her skin. “Okay! Okay!” she yelled. The pain stopped.

The guy smirked. “This is gonna be fun...”

END OF THE FLASHBACK

 

“Wait... So... you weren’t captured there on purpose? It was just an accident?” Jessica asked.

Hyoyeon nodded. „Basically yes.”

“So you worked for him for... how long?”

“It took him around a year to destroy every base in Europe. Then he decided he’s already strong enough to attack the main base. I mean this one. But I think he underrated you.”

“Definitely...”

 

“I remembered.”

“W-w-w-what?” Seohyun stuttered.

“I remember now,” Yoona repeated quietly. “I know everything.”

Seohyun, obviously shocked, dropped the package of Lay’s. “You do?”

“Yup,” Yoona was smiling widely, but since they were still hugging, Seohyun couldn’t see it. They let go of each other Seohyun kept staring at Yoona with her eyes wide opened, her cheeks slightly pink. On the other hand, Yoona was smiling so brightly, Seohyun could see all of her teeth. Such an alligator... Seohyun winked, confused.

“You... you don’t think it’s weird?” she asked. “Isn’t it... a little bit awkward.”

“Mhmmm...” Yoona slightly frowned as she thought about it. “Maybe really just a little bit.” They awkwardly laughed. “It is awkward,” Yoona eventually nodded. “Sorry...”

“What were you thinking when you came here? What did you expect? Exactly?” Seohyun asked.

“I wasn’t... really... you know... thinking. I just... wanted to see you... and hug you maybe...” Now it was Yoona’s turn to blush. “Well, what were you thinking when you told me all those stuffs? It’s not like this situation is my fault.”

“I was thinking you’re dying and I will never have another chance to tell you!” Seohyun protested.

“This is so awkward,” Yoona chuckled.

“Ayoo... unnie... this is weird... What are we going to do?”

Yoona scratched her head. “It doesn’t have to be awkward. It won’t be awkward as far as we won’t let it be like that. Let’s just stay comfortable.”

Seohyun raised her eyebrows, obviously considering the option. “Okay,” she said eventually.

“Okay,” Yoona smiled and hugged Seohyun again, this time even more tightly. “Oh and one more thing I wanted to do… I love you,” she whispered into Seohyun’s ear quietly, but clearly.

A warm and happy smile appeared on Seohyun’s face. She frowned only when she noticed that boy from earlier returned and took back his chips. “Bad boy!” she mouthed, but reminded in Yoona’s embrace. This moment was just too beautiful to be ruined…

 

 “&%$£!*@ &+$# %&*# +%$# $%& ^%#+ everything!!!!! Gah!“ Kim Bum swore and kicked the wall in front of him. “Gah!” He smashed his fist against some random road sign and it actually bent.

He was in some random European country. He didn’t even know where, but he knew it’s quite safe in the whole Europe, so he didn’t really care. He needed some time to think. He wandered for a while around the town and snow was slowly falling from the sky. Then he noticed flyer attached to some kind of bulletin board. There was some old, scary-looking building on it. He suddenly got and idea, so he tore the flyer down from the board and examined it. “Auschwitz*?” he read with a terrible pronunciation. “Where is this place? What the hell is this language, why can’t they use at least English?” he wondered aloud frowning. “Polska… I’m in Poland?”

He scratched his head as he tried to remember everything he knew about Poland. He thought about World Wars and he kept staring at the building on the flyer. Concentration camps… Creepy smile appeared on his face. That’s the thing he was looking for. Dark, abandoned place where thousands of people died. Ideal place for dead souls that escaped from hell to be hiding at. They can feel all those bad and evil things that happened there in the past. And they enjoy that feeling. If there’s a place they are hiding it’s a place like this. He smirked. It worked once; he didn’t see any reason why it shouldn’t work twice.

(* Auschwitz = the largest German concentration camp, located in southern Poland)