Chapter 16

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul, will you have this woman to be your wedded wife, to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, and forsaking all others, keep you only unto her, for so long as you both shall live?“

“I will.”

Few sobs could be heard across the wedding hall.

“Victoria Song Qian, will you have this man to be your wedded husband, to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, and forsaking all others, keep you only unto him, so long as you both shall live?”

“I will.”

Jessica felt a little bit annoyed from all those sobs around her. Probably everybody was tearing up and Tiffany, who was sitting right next to her, was crying the most and the loudest. Even more than Victoria’s Chinese mother. But she probably didn’t understand a word, so it made sense that she didn’t felt touched by the priest’s speech.

“In as much as Nichkhun Horvejkul and Victoria Song have consented together in wedlock and have witnessed the same before this company, and pledged their vows to each other, by the authority vested in me by the God, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

Jessica couldn’t help but smile when Nichkhun kissed Victoria on the lips lovingly and everybody cheered and clapped. It was just too touching and beautiful.

 

Everybody stood up and the doors of the church opened. Krystal looked at Yuri and quickly mumbled some spells. Then she joined the crowd and left the church.

Outside, she met with Jessica. “Jessica! I need your help!”

“What is it?” Jessica looked at her sister, annoyed.

“I… I think I lost my earring in there, can you help me look for it?”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Why don’t you just use your magic?”

“It’s a church, you idiot! Demons can’t use magic in a church!” Krystal reminded.

“Oh… you’re right… Then let’s go.” Jessica quickly headed back to the church. There was already nobody inside, but as soon as she entered, she heard a bang and than a click. She quickly turned around.

“What are you doing, Krystal?” Jessica asked, annoyed. “Open the door!” The small window in the door opened and Jessica spotted Krystal’s wide smile.

“Not until you solve all your problems and make up!”

“What? But I’m here alone!”

“No, you’re not. Bye bye.” Krystal closed the window and disappeared. Jessica turned around.

“Yuri…” she mumbled when she spotted a figure, sitting on one of the seats.

“Oh…” Yuri said as they looked into each other’s eyes. She quickly looked away.

“What are you still doing here? I thought everybody already left…” Jessica asked and came closer.

“Well, somehow my heel got stuck between those tiles and I’m just not able to pull it out.”

“Let me help you…” Yuri blushed as soon as Jessica’s hand touched her ankle. Oh, how much she missed Jessica’s touch. “This is weird…” Jessica mumbled. “It just won’t come out…”

Keobi naseo shijakjocha anhae bwahtdamyeon. Geudaen tudeoldaeji mara jom~

“Oh, that’s my phone…” Jessica let go of Yuri’s ankle and quickly looked for her mobile phone through her purse.

“You’ve changed your ringtone…” Yuri mumbled.

“That’s Krystal… I swear I will kill her.” Jessica answered the phone. “Krystal, you’re so dead!”

“What is it, sis?”

“How dare you?! What are we supposed to do?”

“You are supposed to figure everything out.”

“But-“

“Check the confessional, there’s some food and shoes for Yuri, because I’m afraid she won’t save the stuck one, I used too strong spell. Restroom is in the back.”

“Wait! You have enchanted Yuri’s shoe? How? You just said so, demonic magic doesn’t work at churches!”

“My magic does. I just needed you to get inside. Now bye bye. Don’t call me anymore. I will stop by, sooner or later.”

“I hate you!” Jessica yelled, but Krystal already hung up. “But seriously, how can she do all those things? She can do magic in a church! That’s sick!”

“What did she say?” Yuri asked.

“She told me to give up with the shoe. Wait here.”

“It’s not like I can walk away anyways!” Yuri yelled at Jessica, who ran towards the confessional…

 

“May I ask you, mistress, how is the situation in Hell?” Kim Bum asked, while eating. After the ceremony, they all went to the nearest restaurant that Nichkhun rented and had a lunch. Taeyeon was unlucky enough to sit right next to him.

“I would say it’s not bad at all. My people already cleaned the mess in Europe and Africa and I contacted Hero, Max and Micky from America, so they’re helping me a lot. We are slowly managing to replace all of our losses,” she answered casually. It was actually a true, but the situation still wasn’t good. It’s just she couldn’t stop thinking about the fireplace girl’s warning. She told her to be careful of people she doesn’t know and the only person she met for the first time today and was important is Kim Bum. So she twisted the truth a little. Kim Bum seemed to believe it though. “Hey… I wondered… how did you get to this wedding? You got invited?”

Kim Bum slightly smiled. “Not really. I really wanted to talk to you, so I used some of my tricks… You see that girl over there?” he pointed at some random girl sitting in the opposite side. “She thinks I’m her date. But I wanted to ask…What about the culprit? Do you know?”

Taeyeon frowned. Now that’s suspicious question. Even Tiffany, who was secretly listening, suddenly stopped eating.

“I don’t know. You tell me.”

“What are you talking about?”

“So far you are the only one asking…”

 

Few hours passed. Yuri and Jessica were still locked up in the church. Jessica went to the door and opened the small window. It was already dark outside. Well, it’s autumn, the sun sets early. It was also a little bit cold in the church. Yuri was sitting quietly on one of the seats. Jessica soon joined her, but she didn’t say a word. After they ate, they didn’t talk with each other.

They ended up just sitting there and staring into the wall. Both of them were hoping, that Krystal will show up soon. But she wasn’t coming. And she wasn’t picking up her phone. Jessica didn’t know who else she could possibly call, since Tiffany and Taeyeon don’t own a cell phone. Jessica pouted. This is a little bit too much. She took a glance at Yuri and quietly sighed.

“Yuri-yah…”

 

Sunny was wandering around the town. Few days passed since she found out she’s dead. Funny thing, she also found out she doesn’t have to sleep or eat. But she wasn’t really sure what she’s supposed to do. Wait, that’s not true. She had absolutely no idea what to do. So after she ran away from her neighborhood, because she couldn’t bear the sight of her crying mother anymore and she was just aimlessly wandering around since then.

Suddenly a door of a restaurant she was walking by opened wide and a tall girl was pushed out and fell right on Sunny who lost her balance and fell down.

“Get out before I call the police!” the bouncer said.

“Bu-but I swear I will pay you for all the food, I just don’t have money right now!”

“Don’t eat if you don’t have money!”

“But I have no choice! I have to eat!”

“I don’t want to see you here ever again!” The bouncer closed the door.

“Aish… I really hate when this happens,” the girl mumbled and looked at Sunny, who was sitting on the ground. “I’m really sorry, are you okay?” the girl smiled and extended her arm to help her.

“Yeah…” Sunny took the girl’s hand and stood up. They stared into each other’s eyes deeply.

They both opened their mouths and the same sentence came out in the same time. “I think I know you.”