Chapter 22

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

 

It took few seconds for them to see again. That strong white light was gone. Taeyeon was lying on the ground, unconscious. “Oh my god!” Yuri ran towards her and fell on her knees beside her. “Taeyeon!” she shook the body in front of her.

“What just happened?” Jessica kneeled beside Yuri. Her voice was shaking.

“Where… did her wings go?” Yuri asked.

“It’s not just wings… She’s fully transferred into her human form. See those jeans? Oh god, how come she’s so pale?”

“I think-“

“You’re not allowed to speak!” Krystal put her sword dangerously close to Taemin’s neck and he gulped.

“She’s waking up!” Jessica lightly slapped Taeyeon’s cheeks. “Taeyeon-ah! Come on!”

Taeyeon mumbled something and opened her eyes. “Taeyeon!”

“What… what just happened?” Taeyeon sat up.

“Are you hurt?” Jessica asked, worried.

“I… feel… fine…” Taeyeon looked at her clothes. “What the heck happened?”

“Uhmm…” Taemin mumbled and looked at Krystal, who was still having her sword near him. “Can I say something?”

“What is it?” Krystal asked, annoyed.

“I think you should try to transform into your demonic form, noona.”

“Yeah…” Taeyeon stood up, so did Yuri and Jessica. She closed her eyes as she focused, but nothing happened.

“…. What does that mean?” Yuri asked.

“I think I’ve lost my powers.”

“No. I don’t think so,” Taemin said.

“Do you know something we don’t?”

“Try to use your powers.” Taeyeon tried to transfer. She disappeared and suddenly she was standing right on the other side of the room.

“That’s weird. I… don’t need to transform anymore to do magic like this,” Taeyeon said.

Taemin fell on his knees. “Please let me live… my mistress.”

“What?!” Jessica, Krystal, Yuri and Taeyeon said at once.

“Explain it to us,” Krystal ordered.

“Because you killed master of the hell,” Taemin looked at Taeyeon, “his power came to you. You absorbed it. You’ve became the new master of the hell. Please don’t kill me.”

“I did not,” Taeyeon stated. “I don’t want to.”

“That’s not something you can choose, mistress. His powers entered you, because you were powerful enough to kill him.”

“I was not. I was just lucky. If Yuri didn’t come…”

“That’s not important, mistress. You were the one who stabbed him, so you’re the new master of the hell.”

“That . And don’t call me mistress. Sounds weird…”

“Taeyeon, be serious. Is it really possible?” Jessica whispered.

Taeyeon sighed. “I… guess so. Wait. If I really am the new master of the hell I should be able to open Asmodis’ chamber, right?”

“Yeah, that’s the way, how to find out,” Krystal nodded. She put down her hand with the sword. Taemin could finally breathe again.

“Thanks a lot for helping me,” a voice said ironically.

“Oh… Wooyoung! I’m so sorry!” Jessica ran towards demon, which was just getting up. “You’re okay?”

“I am. But I could’ve been dead and nobody cares!”

“I’m really sorry, Wooyoung.”

“Whatever. Now let’s see if she can open the chamber. I’m interested too.”

 Taeyeon gulped as she touched the doorknob. Everybody was looking at her with expectations. They were all really nervous and intense. Taeyeon looked at everybody before she pushed the door. It immediately opened.

“So…” Jessica started.

“I guess we really have new master of the hell,” Krystal finished.

“What happened?” They all turned around and spotted Tiffany with Seohyun standing near the door. The two angels joined the devils with confused expressions.

“You’re already finished with the fight?” Jessica asked.

“Well, we don’t know what happened, but suddenly in the middle of the fight, all of the guards literally fell apart. They turned into dust.”

“That’s because they were only soulless creatures made by Asmodis. I think most his servants with soul wouldn’t go against us. After he exploded, I guess all of his creatures died as well.”

“What?! He exploded? How?! You killed him?!” Tiffany’s voice cracked several times.

“I didn’t. Your… girlfriend did. I assume she’s your girlfriend now,” Jessica smiled.

“Seriously?” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon in disbelieve. Taeyeon nodded and smiled. “But why are you so pale? Did something bad happen?”

“Well… It’s not bad, but…”

“She absorbed his powers, she’s the new master of the hell,” Taemin said.

“Who allowed you to speak?!” Krystal yelled.

“What?! And… That means…?”

“We don’t really know, yet,” Taeyeon sighed. “By the way, where are the rest of angles?”

“I told them to look around Hell, how’s the situation.”

“Is everybody okay?”

Tiffany brightly smiled. “It’s unbelievable, but yes. All thanks to that little rascal here,” the angel patted Krystal’s head.

Krystal glared at her. “Don’t call me little.”

“Your swords pretty much saved us. I can’t believe you’re so smart now.”

“I’ve always been smart. You just didn’t notice.”

“You should’ve seen Gyuri. She was fighting so passionately. I mean, in one moment she fell on the ground and some things fell out of her pocket. She got so angry when she noticed her mirror broke and then one of the guards picked up her mascara...”

“I’ve heard about that,” Yuri said.

“Anybody’s talking about me?” Gyuri entered the room. “Everybody knows I’m amazing, you don’t have to talk about that.”

“So?”

“Nobody attacked us anymore. Only some guy, which came out from this room.”

Jessica looked around. “Chansung,” she gritted her teeth. “He must have run away when we were all blinded by that stupid light.”

“Never mind, he’s dead anyways.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Oh and we found something that might interest you. Or from what I’ve heard, you,” Gyuri looked directly at Krystal. Then she turned back and yelled: “Yah! You! Blond guy! Where the heck are you?!”

 “Coming!” Yoseob appeared in the room, caring body in his arms.

“We found her in dungeon. She was just lying there, tied up,” Gyuri said.

“Oh god. Sulli!” Krystal ran towards Yoseob. She looked at the young girl in his arms. She was pale, dirty and her black hair was a mess. Krystal immediately touched her neck.

“She’s still alive,” Yoseob said when he realized what she’s trying to do. “But she won’t be if we don’t do something right now.”

“But what can we do?” Krystal asked while biting her lower lip.

“Taeyeon?” Jessica looked at her friend. “You can heal her.”

“I- I-…” Taeyeon looked unsure. “I don’t know how. I’ve never done this before.” She took several steps towards Yoseob and worriedly looked at Sulli.

“You can do this TaeTae, I trust you,” Tiffany said and grabbed Taeyeon’s hand. Taeyeon sighed and held Sulli’s hand. She closed her eyes and mumbled some words. All Sulli’s wounds slowly healed.

 “Why isn’t she waking up?” Krystal asked, her voice shaking. “You messed up, right?”

“No, kiddo. I did this on purpose. I don’t want to wake her up down here. Trust me; it will be easier for you to explain it to her at home.”

 “Could you… could you make her forget?”

“I don’t know. Probably. I have no idea how much powerful I am now.”

“So, let’s find out,” Krystal said.

 

Taeyeon, followed by Tiffany, Jessica, Yuri and Taemin, went through the whole hell. Krystal stayed with Sulli and Seohyun said she will help her carry her away. Angels went back to Heaven and Wooyoung went to Nichkhun and Victoria as soon as Yuri told him about them.

They were right. All soulless guards Asmodis created turned into dust. Every demon who survived immediately bowed to Taeyeon deeply. She just laughed it off.

“You shouldn’t laugh, TaeTae, it’s a serious thing,” Tiffany said. They were in a huge but empty hall near the dungeon.

“But it’s so weird. It makes me feel uncomfortable.”

 “And… what does that even mean to… us?”

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, trying to find the right answer. “I… don’t know. But… I guess nothing changes. I… can… date you… right? I’m the master of the hell, I can do whatever I want, nobody can oppose… Right?”

“There’s Dominus.”

“But he can’t order me anything. We’re basically at the same position… You know what, Pani-yah? I will talk to him.”

“What are you going to do with the Hell, Taeyeon?” Jessica changed the topic, not wanting to listen to their love problems.

“I will have to make few changes with rules and everything. I will also have to create new guards. The whole Hell is a mess because Asmodis has been using its energy to his crazy magic. And I will have to find somebody who will guard the gate, because I don’t think you would like to do it now, when you don’t have to stalk Yuri anymore.”

“Yuri doesn’t even go to the cemetery anymore.”

“I would start again, if you would be there with me,” Yuri smiled.

“I would go with you anywhere.”

“See that?” Tiffany said to Taeyeon, while Yuri and Jessica continued flirting. “She’s always so grossed out whenever I say something like that, yet she shamelessly talks with Yuri the same way!”

“I know… but when I’m watching them, I can’t help but think it really is kinda disgusting.”

“Nah, we’re cute,” Tiffany said.

“Yes, we are. But let’s go away; I don’t think I can handle watching them being so lovey-dovey anymore.”

“Yeah, let’s leave them alone. Where’s you room again?”