Chapter 23

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

 

One week later

Jessica was lying in Yuri’s bed staring into ceiling.

“Sica, baby, what are you thinking about?” Yuri asked as she lied next to her.

“Nothing… Just… past.”

“Oh. Funny, right? A year ago, I wouldn’t even imagine something like this could happen.”

Jessica smiled. “Yeah. Me too.” She actually just lied to Yuri. She was thinking about much more important things. And Yuri felt she’s lying. She noticed Jessica has been more broody lately and she was spacing out more often, if that’s possible. Yuri knew something’s bothering her girlfriend a lot.

Suddenly Jessica got headache. “Ah…”

“What is it?” Yuri asked, worried.

“That’s not the right question. ‘Who is it?’ is more suitable. That’s Taeyeon and she wants access to my head.” Jessica opened her mind.

“What’s up, Taeyeon-ah? Sick of bossing around already?”

“Not really, it’s actually pretty cool. But that’s not the reason I’m talking to you right now. I have something for you.”

“What is it?”

“It’s a potion. And it might solve the problem you talked about last time.”

“Seriously?!”

“Yes. Come here when you have time. You can take Yuri with you.” With those last words, the connection faded away.

“What did she want? You look… pleased,” Yuri said as she examined Jessica’s face.

“Something good happened. I think. I have to talk to Taeyeon.”

“You just did.”

“Personally.”

“Oh…”

Jessica transformed into demon. Her black wings appeared and her eyes turned gold. “I will be back soon.”

“Okay, baby…” Yuri looked at Jessica and smirked.

“What?”

“You know I think you look hot like this.”

“Sure I do,” Jessica kissed Yuri on the lips and with a smile on her face, she disappeared.

 

“Tiffany’s not here?” Jessica asked as soon as she arrived into Taeyeon’s room and looked around. She found it weird; Taeyeon and Tiffany were ever since Taeyeon has become the new master of the hell basically inseparable. Dominus surprisingly wasn’t against Tiffany staying in Hell. At least he will know what’s going on with his people down there - Taeyeon said. Then she noticed Taeyeon’s pink highlights in her hair. Uhh… No doubt that’s Tiffany’s job.

“I figured you’d prefer talk about this matter in private, so she went back to Heaven for a while.”

“So? What is this potion you talked about?”

“When I was examining Asmodis’ chamber, I found there some hidden door. It took me a while to figure out how to open it, but eventually I did it. Behind the door, there’s a room, full of weird stones, gems and potions. I swear, tons of sugilite and some really beautiful green gems, but I didn’t dare to touch them. Who knows what they are? They might be even more-”

“To the point, Taeyeon.”

“Right… This was included,” Taeyeon took a small vial out of her pocket. It was full of blue liquid.

“Eh? And that’s…?”

“I’ve seen Asmodis to use it on demons he wanted to punish. It’s something that takes away your powers.”

 “Huh? I don’t want to take away my powers,” Jessica said.

“But that’s the only way how to speed up your aging.”

“But…”

“It solves your problem. You told me you’re scared you won’t age at all, but Yuri will. That’s so… Twilight.”

“Twi…light?”

“My Tiffany is crazy about it; she forced me to read those books twice,” Taeyeon made a peace sign with her fingers.

“I see you can finally pronounce her name right.”

“Yeah, I’ve been practicing a lot. What’s with that F letter? Seriously. Who gives Korean girl a name with a letter that isn’t even in Korean alphabet?”

“Uhm… yeah, whatever… back to the potion. It will completely restrain my powers?”

“Well… not restrain. Let’s say limit. You won’t be human, those powers will still be in you; you just won’t be able to use them. Or at least not in the measure and way you’re used to and you will also get all the human needs. You will need to eat often, sleep often. I did some research and according to all those books you can do some magic unintentionally, when you are emotionally upset. And it also says your powers can return in some cases. But I don’t think it’s possible in your case, so I won’t be talking about it.”

“How do you know?”

“I don’t know, but I believe so.” Taeyeon shook the vial in her hand. “So do you want it?”

Jessica sighed and looked at the potion. “Give it to me. I will think about it…”

 

Jessica was lying in Yuri’s bed staring into ceiling. Again. But this time, she was playing with small vial in her hand. The door of the room suddenly opened. Yuri looked at her girlfriend spacing out again. Jessica hid the potion into her pocket.

“How’s your sister?” she asked, knowing Yuri was at Yoona’s dorm.

“She’s okay. She finally got over the fact we’re together, I think she’s glad for me having you. And honestly, I have been suspicious about her lately… I think she’s secretly seeing that Seohyun girl.”

“Mhmmm…” Jessica just mumbled something.

“Speaking of sisters… When was the last time you saw Krystal?”

“I don’t even know… But I’m sure she’s doing fine back in Hell.”

“Sica-yah,” Yuri sat on the bed next to Jessica and her fringe. “Don’t you wanna tell me what’s on your mind? I know something has been bothering you lately.”

Jessica sighed; she took potion out of her pocket and showed it to Yuri. “Do you know what is it?” Yuri frowned and shook her head. “It’s something that can basically turn me into human.”

“Basically?”

“I won’t be human, but I will lose my magical powers.”

“Why would you do that?” Yuri asked, confused. “I don’t mind you being like this.”

“I think you forgot one little thing. There’s that thing with aging. I don’t age the same way as you do. You age way faster.”

“Oh…”

“I know…” Jessica looked into Yuri eyes, and then she looked at the vial and slightly smiled. “I’m going to drink it. Wanna watch?”

“I thought you like your powers.”

“I do. I really do. But I guess I like you more.” Yuri smiled and kissed Jessica’s forehead.

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” Jessica sat up opened the vial and drank all its content at once. She coughed. “Ewww… What the heck is it? I think I’m going to throw up.”

“Here.” Yuri passed Jessica glass of water.

“Thanks.”

“You still look the same,” Yuri stated.

“I even feel the same. Maybe this was expired?” Jessica looked at the empty vial.

“Try to do something. Try to transform or something.”

“Right…” Jessica stood up, closed her eyes and focused. After a while she opened them and everything seemed to be the same. “I can’t transform.” She looked at Yuri. “I’m… powerless.”

“How do you feel?”

“Basically the same, but… weird.”

“That’s okay, baby… Thanks for doing this for me, I love you. Oh, and welcome to my world.”

 

-END OF PART 1-