Chapter 4

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

 

Two days later, Jessica was sitting on one of the graves. She was in her human form and she kept watching the sky. She has never had watches nor a mobile phone, so she learnt how to know what time it is from the sun. She was supposed to be here already… She always comes around this time…

“Hey!” A surprised voice came from behind. Jessica immediately stood up and smiled as brightly as she could.

“Hey,” she greeted back.

“So… we meet again,” Yuri smiled and they both sat down on the old graves.

“Yeah…” Jessica stared at Yuri for a while. She’s so handsome…

“What’s up?” Yuri smiled, when she noticed Jessica’s cute and dorky expression.

“Uhmmppp… Nothing… Just… You’re really pretty,” Jessica mumbled and when she realized what she just said, she blushed and quickly looked down on her shoes. Yuri giggled, but she didn’t say a word. She just kept looking forward, so Jessica quietly kept watching her side face. In her eyes, Yuri is perfect. And her tanned skin, that’s really something. Yuri smiled again.

“What is it?” Jessica asked, confused.

“You’re so cute, looking at me like that,” Yuri laughed. Jessica immediately looked away and mentally slapped herself.

“Sorry,” she uttered, but Yuri just giggled again. Jessica has always hated giggling, but Yuri is exception. Her giggles is just adorable. Jessica smiled, when she realized, Yuri just called her cute. Maybe she really should thank Tiffany after all. She will do it next time.

“I will have to leave sooner today,” Yuri said after few minutes of beautiful silence.

“Really? Wae?”  Jessica was little bit disappointed.

“I have to go for my sister.” Sister?

“Sister?”

“Yeah, my little sis. She’s still highschooler and I’m taking care of her.” Is it possible that that girl last time was her sister? Please! “Don’t you have sister too? I think you’ve mentioned it…”

“Yeah, I do…” Jessica nodded. “Also a younger one.”

“High school?”

“Errrrrrr…” Jessica didn’t want to lie, but saying her sister doesn’t go to school, because she kinda isn’t human being is definitely NOT the best answer. “It’s little bit more complicated…” she eventually said. Yuri just nodded as if she understood and didn’t ask anymore about that.

“So you’re taking care of her too? What about your parents?”

“My father… is… director of huge… company. He’s too busy to take care of me and my little sis. His company is doing really well, but I hate it, it’s really bad company… Metaphorically you could say he’s like Lucifer in the Hell.” Uhmmm, well, metaphor was actually the first part, never mind.

“Yeah, I understand this. I have to take care of everything on my own, too.”

“Life .”

“Tell me about it.”

After that they grew silent again. Many minutes passed until Yuri got up saying she seriously gotta go.

“Can I accompany you?” Jessica asked immediately. For a moment she completely forgot, she shouldn’t be leaving The Gates of Hell on its own. When she realized this fact few seconds later she partly hoped, Yuri would reject her offer, but she just nodded.

“Yeah, sure you can.” Crap! Jessica wanted to slap herself. There’s no way Krystal would help her right now and Taeyeon is too busy to find anybody else. But… It should be okay, right? It’s going to be just few minutes. Nothing happened here for last 25 years, so why should now? It’s gonna be alright…

 

Jessica didn’t need to say anything to Yuri. She was happy just staying by her side. Yuri also kept quiet, so they arrived to the bus stop without single one word. Then Yuri spoke up.

“We’re here,” she smiled.

“We’re here,” Jessica nodded.

“Sister should be here in a minute,” Yuri uttered.

“So I should probably go home, shouldn’t I?” Jessica said. “Will I see you tomorrow again?” she asked.

“Maybe,” Yuri smiled mysteriously and Jessica nodded again.

“Okay then. So… bye and see you,” she turned around and walked away…

 

Yoona was sitting in a bus, her earphones plugged in and she was looking out of window out of boredom. Then some weird gothic blonde girl caught her eye. She was jumping on her  way to the… uhmm… Yoona realized there’s nothing this way. There’s some ruined church or something where nobody goes for ages, but what other place could she possibly go? There’s nothing around, right? Yoona just slightly frowned before letting it go. Who cares? It’s none of her business. Besides, the bus has already arrived to the right bus stop. Her sister was already waiting and she waved her.

Yoona get off the bus and hugged her quickly. “Unnie!”

“So how was your day, Yoong?“ Yuri laughed.

“Whoa! You tell me! It looks like you’re in really good mood today!” Yoona noticed right away. “I haven’t seen you like this for a really long time.”

“You know what, Yoong? I just probably found my soul mate…”

 

Jessica entered cemetery. She was in a deep thoughts, she wasn’t paying attention to anything around her. She snapped out of it after she got distracted by irritated voice.

“Why the hell are you smiling like an idiot right now, when I’m about to kill you right here on the spot?” Jessica looked up but she didn’t stop smiling.

“Oh, Taeyeon… Hello. What’s going on?”

“What’s. Going. On?” Taeyeon asked slowly in disbelief. “How can you ask like that? You left the gate unguarded!”

“I was away like for twenty minutes,” Jessica rolled her eyes. “And nothing has happened here for so many years, the possibility of getting into some trouble in those twenty minutes almost equals zero.”

“Yes,” Taeyeon agreed, but still quite angry. “The probability is really low, almost equals zero, but only ALMOST. You can’t deny it’s possible to get into troubles because of your 20 minutes long absence. Something could’ve happened!”

“But everything is okay, so what’s the big deal? And how did you find out I’m not here anyway?”

“Please enough with that retarded smile! I found out by coincidence of course, when Asmodis ordered me to get you. You should hurry by the way, I’m waiting here for you for like five minutes already. Do you have any idea how lucky you are that he didn’t send Taeyang but me?”

“Yeah, yeah, sure, I’m sorry Taeng,” Jessica apologized. “You should just contact me through our minds, I would’ve been here sooner. Anyways, I will go to him right away.”

“And can you please explain me, what’s up with that stupid smile of yours? It really does get on my nerves. You… and smiling. It’s so… weird. You hate this kind of… pretty stuffs.”

“Oh, yes, sorry about that.” Jessica’s expression immediately changed as she turned to her normal icy image. It didn’t last for too long though and her smile crept on her face again. “You know, that’s magic called love.” Taeyeon’s eyes just widened in surprise and confusion.

“What did you just say?” she asked, but Jessica didn’t reply. She has already entered The Gates of Hell…

 

“Father,” Jessica deeply bowed as she stood right in front of Asmodis’ throne. Master of the Hell was sitting on his comfortable seat and he scratched his deadly white bold head.

“Jessica, my daughter,” he started. “It’s time for us to talk.”

“May I ask, what do you want to talk about, father?” Jessica’s head was still down.

“Sit down. It’s about your sister…”

“Krystal?”

“Yes, I really do worry about her.” What did he just say? “I really do not like those friendships with people, especially with that Sulli girl.” Then Jessica realized. Yeah, now it makes sense. He’s not afraid because Krystal might be in danger, he’s afraid he could be exposed. “Human beings have bad influence on her. The more she’s with them, the more she’s becoming one of them. And here comes why I called you. I need a little favor. Keep her away from people. You’ve always been great daughter and I believe in you. I know you can persuade your sister. I know you can force her to stop seeing people. Because if she doesn’t, I will have to make certain… unpleasant moves.” Jessica knew immediately what he meant. He would kill Sulli without hesitation and he would probably take with her more of Krystal’s friends.

Jessica slightly gritted her teeth, but when she got up she just obediently bowed. “I will take care of it, father.”

“Thank you. You’re wise. I know I can count on you.” Asmodis hinted his daughter to go and Jessica immediately left his chamber. Of course she’s wise. Of course he can count on her. Of course she will successfully persuade her sister. Of course she agrees with everything her father says. Of course she’s not in love with a mortal…