Chapter 39

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“Why do you think he’s keeping us alive?” Nicole asked and looked at Hyoyeon.

They were locked up in two separated invisible cages build in the middle of the street.

“He probably thinks they will come to save us,” Hyoyeon shrugged.

“And will they?”

“I have no idea.”

“Do you think we’re that important?” Nicole continued asking.

“I honestly don’t know…” Hyoyeon said. “But I don’t think we’re important, Cole.”

“So… what are we going to do? Do you think we can escape on our own?”

“Not sure…” Hyoyeon touched the invisible walls around her. “This stupid cage is blocking our magic.”

“Hmmm….” Nicole frowned as she thought about it. Then she noticed another explosion a kilometer or so away. “Why… does he keep doing this?”

“Seems like he’s too powerful. And he can’t handle it. So he turns random buildings into an ash and them builds them up again just to exhausts himself. I think the huge amount of power is destroying him.”

“Woow, you’re so smart,” Nicole said, admiring.

“Nah, I’m not, I’m just quite experienced… and I know him for al long time already,” Hyoyeon glances at Nicole. “Stop it,” she said. “Seriously… Don’t stare at me like that… Stop it Jung Nicole!!

“You’re amazing, you know?” Nicole just said and continued looking at her new role-model.

“Nah…” Hyoyeon just said, looking away. She felt irritated but at the same time… flattered. She felt her cheeks got heated up a bit. What the…? She gently hit her own head and mentally slapped herself several times. Kim Hyoyeon! What the hell is wrong with you?! You’re the strong Kim Hyoyeon! And you’re… blushing?!

 

Grrrlmph! Aaaaaah! Eeeeeek! RAWR! Crrraaannkkk!

Her mind was full of random sounds. Most of them were really creepy and scary. She heard people screaming, knifes cutting a fresh flesh, animals growling, nails scratching metallic objects. She could see many random images in her mind, but they kept changing too fast, it was confusing her. Airplane, bulb, scarf, grass, binoculars, giraffe, London… She didn’t even know she knew how London looked like. But she couldn’t think about it right now. It was just one of those random sane thoughts she still had and it was gone really soon. Her mind did not manage to follow all those sounds and images anymore.

She had another fit. And nobody knew about it. She couldn’t move, she was basically in a coma. And it was all getting worse. The following fit was always a little bit longer than the previous one. She found it much harder to fight with it than before. She didn’t know how much longer she’ll be able to keep her sanity.

Suddenly everything calmed down. She could think straight again. But for how long? She was getting weaker and she knew it. She felt Tiffany holding her hand once again. It made her feel much better. She also found out a company helps her stay sane and the fits don’t occur so often and were shorter or at least not so strong. She could hear them talking. So she remained quite informed. Everybody knew she was dying, she knew it herself as well. But Taeyeon realized they have no idea she can hear them. They probably thought she’s sleeping. But in reality, she was having those weird fits several times a day. Tiffany was crying a lot. Taeyeon knew. She wanted to comfort her, she wanted to hug her, she wanted to tell her not to worry. But she couldn’t. Her body wouldn’t allow it. She was desperate. But she needed to be strong.

Then she experienced another fit. Luckily, this one was much shorter; it lasted only for five minutes or so. She was just guessing, she lost the track of time a long time ago. But she guessed the usual ones lasted for half an hour. It was hard to tell, some of them were shorter, some of them were longer, she could measure time (or more like guess it) only when she heard Jessica, Yuri and Tiffany talking. But hey, there was also Krystal now and she also perceived there was YulSic’s baby as well. Too bad she was so… limited right now. She knew she needed to fight with those fits. Her body was weak, but her mind reminded strong. She was happy for that. She was realizing Kim Bum didn’t really think his sly spell through. Her strong mind saved her from a certain death. She just hoped she would be able to remain rational.

Then her mind went blank for a second, before it was once again, filled with a bunch of weird and random stuffs…

 

“So, you’re in the lead now?” Sooyoung asked after Taemin explained her everything. They were down in Hell, talking about all those past events. Sooyoung was along with Sunny. Not that they couldn’t be a second apart, but with Tiffany being sort of MIA, Heaven needed a new angel to represent Heaven in Hell for the time being. And let’s just say Sunny was more than willing to be a temporal substitute for Tiffany. For obvious reasons. But Gyuri approved, so there she was.

Taemin shrugged. “I don’t know. I think we are. You know… me, you and Krystal. We’re the most powerful demons here.”

“Uhh, so since Krystal is sort of busy right now and I still spend a lot of time in Heaven, I guess it’s all up to you. I believe it’s fine for you to take a lead temporarily.”

Taemin nodded. “I’ll try to keep everybody calm. We can’t risk any riots.”

“I still don’t understand if the mistress is dead or not,” Sunny suddenly said.

“Honestly, we neither,” Taemin admitted. “Tiffany was really upset when telling me. But I think she’s not dead. Yet. Or maybe she is but there’s some weird way how to get her back. According to Tiffany mistress’ magic is slowly fading away.”

Sunny frowned. “So… she’s like slowly dying? Won’t it be a huge mess once she dies for real? Like it happened last time?”

“Nah,” Sooyoung shook her head. “First, Taeyeon won’t die, she’s very capable, she can fight anything.  And second, this time it’s different. She wouldn’t repeat Asmodis’ mistakes. She wasn’t recklessly using her powers on creating every single useless thing. So no huge mess this time, Sunkyu. Mess? Yes. Huge mess? Don’t think so.”

“She really didn’t create any demons?” Sunny wondered. “And don’t call me Sunkyu,” she added then. She regretted the moment she told Sooyoung her real name. That tall demon seemed to love it and called her like that a lot. And Sunny hated it.

Sooyoung ignored her complained and just gave her a confused look. “They forced you to study about Asmodis, but they didn’t tell you anything about Taeyeon? I understand she’s in the lead only for four years or so, so there are not books about her, but hey, nobody told you?”

Sunny shook her head. “Well, of course they told me about her, but they didn’t talk about this.”

“Mistress did create some demons. But she got them souls from Heaven,” Taemin explained. “Asmodis did it with several demons as well like his so called daughters or our current mistress herself, but most of his guards were just soulless creations. Mistress on the other hand, got the souls to all of her demons.”

“Ohhh, I remember reading about this,” Sunny nodded. “Souls of good people, but not good enough to become angels and souls of people who failed the angel passing test!”

“Exactly. And those demons with souls are too strong to just disappear, even though they were kind of created by mistress,” Taemin added. “Look at Sooyoung, she’s still doing fine.”

Sooyoung looked at him, not really happy about what he just said, while Sunny looked surprised.

“You’re one of them?” She asked.

Sooyoung hesitated for a second. “Well, yes. Most of us are. Demons can’t really create brand new souls like angels can. And they don’t have children that often.”

“Wow! You used to be a human, just like me!” Sunny said, amazed.

“Yeah, but it’s a bit different. I don’t remember anything at all. I don’t even know what I used to look like. Taeyeon created this body and then just put my soul inside,” Sooyoung explained.

“I know, I read about the process in some book, but I had no idea Taeyeon did that! Wow, she’s really capable…” Sunny examined Sooyoung from head to toe. She couldn’t help it. “I like the way she created your body, I need to thank her for that later. Even though I would prefer you shorter. It’s a bit disturbing, knowing you look like she wanted. By the way, which one were you? Not good enough soul or failed test?”

“Uhh… Taeyeon told me I had failed the test because of my gluttony, but I don’t remember and she might be lying.”

An awkward cough interrupted them “I’m still here, you know,” Taemin said, irritated.

“Oh, sorry… So, you’re in the lead now. We should inform Dominus, so I guess we should go back to Heaven,” Sooyoung said with a sweet smile, before she disappeared and Sunny followed her immediately.

Taeyeon, now alone, slowly shook his head. Then he sighed. “Please… Taeyeon noona, please. Survive this. I don’t want to deal with them anymore…”

 

“So? What now?” Jessica asked Krystal. “What are you going to do? Are you staying here or returning back to Europe?”

“I need to come back for those two stupid girls,” Krystal answered, annoyed.

“And what are we supposed to do meanwhile?” Tiffany asked. She was holding Taeyeon’s hand again.

“I’m afraid you just have to wait,” Krystal sighed.

“Okay…” Jessica sighed. “I’m really worried about you… You need to be really careful, okay?”

“Yes, I know… I will… I can’t let him kill me, we would be doomed then,” Krystal said jokingly.

Jessica smiled, sad. “Yeah…. Just go and kick that bastard’s a-“

“Yeah, sure, don’t in front of our baby,” Yuri interrupted. She was holding Jisoo in her hands.

“Sorry, honey,” Jessica smiled, before she looked back at Krystal. “So… Good luck then,” she said and hugged the younger girl.

Krystal just smiled and disappeared.

 

YulSic’s house was a mess. Only a few hours after Krystal left, they started to realize they were not ready for the baby at all. Little Jisoo woke up and cried a lot. Yuri kept running outside to buy random baby things. Napkins, diapers, milk, toys.

“Sica, why don’t you try feeding him?” Yuri asked. She just returned with three bottles of milk. “The guy in the pharmacy told me, it’s healthier than this.”

“I don’t want him to on my . Only you can do that,” Jessica answered immediately without hesitation or thinking.

“Ewww!” Tiffany shrieked, reminding them she’s still in the room as well.

“Sorry, Tiffany,” Yuri grinned apologetically. “Calm down your hormones, Sica and think before you speak.”

“Sorry Tiff… But it’s a serious issue. Don’t forget I was only five months pregnant, I don’t have that much milk,” Jessica defended herself while looking at her s.

“That’s what you should have said in a first place! Not that Yuri is… the only one… to… uh…” Tiffany stuttered and her last words were drowned in Jisoo’s crying.

“Whatever, now give me that bottle, seobang,“ Jessica ordered and Yuri complied.

Jessica opened the bottle and checked the milk’s temperature, before shoving it into Jisoo’s mouth. He stopped crying and just on the bottle. “See! I knew it! He was just hungry!”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Sure you knew it. After you tried playing with him and changing his diaper, this was pretty much the only option left,” she said while checking if Taeyeon doesn’t suffer from a fever. She didn’t. In fact, she still reminded scarily cold, like a dead person. So Tiffany just sighed and mindlessly ran her fingers through Taeyeon’s hair.

“We don’t have a bed for him!” Jessica suddenly remembered. “Or clothes!”

“I’m not going out anymore,” Yuri frown.  “The blanket he’s wrapped in is fine for today, I’ll go buy something tomorrow. Plus, it’s already evening and everything is closed.”

“I’ll take care of him overnight. I’m not sleeping anyways,” Tiffany offered.

“Yeah, about you… aren’t you needed somewhere else?” Jessica asked.

“No,” Tiffany smiled. “Dominus told me to take care of mistress’ body. He wants to make sure her body won’t me endangered, so…”

“Huh,” Jessica said with a chuckle. “You’re a smart girl, aren’t you?”

“I think she begged him and he agreed just to shut her up,” Yuri stated.

“Say whaaat?” Tiffany protested. “That’s not true!”

“Yeah, whatever,” Jessica rolled her eyes. She put the bottle aside and… Jisoo vomited all over her upper torso. “Oh, Yuri-yah!” she hissed.

Yuri chuckled and took a napkin. She wiped Jisoo’s mouth and then Jessica’s clothes. “Go change, darling,” she said as she took Jisoo into her hands.

“Ewww,” Jessica just said as she left the room.

Yuri held Jisoo, until he felt asleep. Then she put him softly on the bed.

“So, I’m leaving him here with you, Tiffany, wake me up if anything happens.”

“Sure, sure,” Tiffany said with a smile. “Go get some rest, you must be tired… Plus I think Jessica’s already sleeping.”

“I would be surprised if she didn’t,” Yuri smiled. “Thanks a lot, Tiffany.”

 

A/N: So some HyoCole and SooSun, hhh ^^ Thank you for all the comments! I love you guys~:)