Chapter 12

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

The night was calm and quiet. Yuri’s house was in a quiet area, so the only noise that could be heard was strong wind with occasional soft sound of car engines.

A thin trail of dim moonlight was running across the two silhouettes lying on one bad under one blanket. The human and the devil were silently staring at each other.

“I could’ve sleep on the floor, you know,” Jessica said after long silence.

 “No… you couldn’t… you’re a guest here,” Yuri disagreed.

“But this is your bed.”

“And it’s a good thing she’s that big, otherwise we would be arguing about who will sleep on the floor until now,” Yuri laughed. Jessica slightly smiled. She was fascinated by that perfect adorable face. Yuri stared back at her, but she couldn’t bear it. She giggled nervously.

“What is it?” she asked.

“You’re beautiful,” Jessica whispered and looked into the ceiling. It’s a good thing it’s already so dark, so Yuri can’t see how red her ears are. Jessica took a deep breath before looking at Yuri with a serious expression on her face.

“What is it?” the mortal girl asked. Her smile faded away as soon as she spotted the latter’s expression.

Jessica was quiet for a few seconds. “I love you,” she stated then, firmly and seriously. Yuri felt her sincerity. Jessica was blushing madly, but this time, she didn’t break the eye-contact.

Yuri winked several times. Then she found Jessica’s hand under the blanket and held it securely. She pulled her closer and hugged her by her free hand. “Thanks… I love you too,” she whispered back.

Yuri felt Jessica’s regular breath; she felt her chest lift a little every time the blonde demon inhaled. She smiled when she realized her girlfriend fell asleep. Krystal was right. She’s a sleepyhead…

 

Jessica woke up in Yuri’s arms for a ninth time already. As always she was the first one to open her eyes, so she could enjoy the view on that beautiful peaceful face. Those perfect eyelids, those perfect cheeks, that perfect nose, those perfect lips. Jessica Yuri’s long, black, shiny, soft hair. She didn’t even realize it, but wide smile appeared on her face. As every morning, she leaned in and kissed Yuri’s forehead. Yuri smiled and opened her eyes.

“Good morning,” she whispered as she looked at the blonde beauty.

“Hi, my fairy,” Jessica answered, still smiling.

They were gazing in each other’s eyes lovingly for a moment, before Yuri sat up. “We should get up,” she said a get up from the bed. Jessica’s smile turned into a mischievous one. Yuri’s pajamas consisted of long t-shirt and veeeery short shorts. No doubt Jessica liked it a lot. She was sleeping in a dark blue spaghetti top and three quarter pants. Because all of her clothes was in her room in Hell and conjure something up was too tiring, she just kept borrowing Yuri’s stuffs. Besides, all of Yuri’s clothing had that amazing scent…

Yuri didn’t even bother to change and immediately went to kitchen, so she could make her favorite Ma juice. But when she spotted one more girl in the living room she decided to postpone her Ma for later. Jessica also appeared in the living room. Krystal was sleeping on the arm chair. Poor girl. As far as Jessica knew, she didn’t get any sleep since they’ve came her. Wooyoung was pacing forth and back nearby. Does he ever sit down? Or at least stop moving? He’s just nervous all the time. No wonder actually, nothing happened for over a week already. Oh, the last person in the room was no other that Tiffany. She was all pink and she was smiling really brightly. Jessica could see all of her teeth and as usual, she immediately though, it’s disgusting.

“Hi, Jess. Hi, Yul,” Tiffany greeted and hugged both of them. This was actually her third visit, so she and Yuri were much more comfortable.

“Hi, Fany, you look amazing,” Yuri complimented. Tiffany’s smile got twice wider and it made her eyes disappear. 

“Thanks a lot, Yul.”

“Oh god, ew!” Jessica growled. “You look like a pig.”

“Thanks, Jess.” Tiffany’s smile reminded the same. She was already used to Jessica’s remarks about her looks.

“Something new?” Jessica asked as she sat down on the chair.

“No,” Tiffany shook her head. “I already told that to this Mr. I-am-going-crazy-because-of-the-waiting.” She pointed at Wooyoung. “Dominus knows about the issue and all, but he keeps it as a secret and he probably doesn’t really care about it. Gyuri said, he probably thinks Asmodis can deal with this on his own.”

Jessica nodded. “So, he doesn’t know about you and other angels. How long are you going to stay?”

“Not too long, I suppose. But it’s only nine o’clock; I have nothing to do for a next few hours.”

CRAANKKKK!!!

Everyone in the room flinched and Krystal immediately opened her eyes. That sound wasn’t actually that loud, but it startled them all. In the middle of the room was standing short demonic girl with dark blue wings.

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon! It was about time!” Jessica ran towards her friend and literally jumped on her and hugged her.

“Ugh! Jessica! Get of me!” Taeyeon groaned as she tried to get rid of Jessica’s firm grip.

“Tiffany, Yuri, this is Taeyeon,” Jessica put her arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Don’t get confused with her dorky and short appearance – ouch! – she’s actually the most powerful person we have. Why did you just hit me?” Jessica asked as she rubbed her red shoulder. “Taeyeon, this is Yuri and this is Tiffany.”

Taeyeon examined Yuri with erted look on her face. She smirked when she looked at her bare legs. „Mhmm~ No wonder you kept stalking her for so many months, Jessica.“

“Excuse me?” Yuri asked, confused.

“Taeyeon-ah! She doesn’t know! Gah!” This time it was Taeyeon whose shoulder got hit.

“What did she mean?” Yuri asked.

“I will tell you later,” Jessica stated. Tiffany was making her nervous. She was a little bit too quiet for a little bit too long. And she had an odd expression on her face. “Tiff?”

Tiffany kept starring at Taeyeon. “Nice to meet you… Tae… Tae…” she said really quietly.

„Awww~ Nice to meet you too, Tippani!” Taeyeon took two steps to Tiffany a hugged her tightly. “Jessica, your angel friend is really adorable,” she smiled. Tiffany’s ears got really red and Jessica frowned as she could feel the heat coming from her friend. So now she doesn’t have to talk to Yuri only. Now she has to take care of this weird girl, too.

“Anyway, Taeyeon, what happened? How come you’re so late? I was really worried about you. They found out, right?”

“Well… a little bit. Apparently Hyuna overheard your conversation with Wooyoung… Why does he keep walking?” she asked then quietly.

“Sis, you’re such a dummy,” Krystal suddenly spoke up.

“Oh, you’re here too, kiddo?” Taeyeon smirked and before Krystal could answer something harsh, she continued. “And of course she had to say everything to Asmodis. She’s such a wannabe… She told him you and Wooyoung are trying to go against him. Asmodis immediately ordered to get you. Krystal too, since she’s your sister. And he’s really very careful when it comes to me. He knows we are friends, so he’s suspicious about me and doesn’t tell me anything. I have all information thanks to those gossiping guards. You know Hara and Dara never keep their mouths shut. I knew Asmodis ordered Chansung to follow my every step. That’s why I couldn’t come any earlier. I don’t know why, but yesterday he replaced Chansung with Eunjung. I didn’t have any chance to tell you yet, but Eunjung is with us. I talked to her before Hyuna… you know.”

“Well, good job, Taeyeon-ah, you really are amazing. They don’t know anything else?”

“Probably. I’m pretty sure they know nothing about Yuri and the angels. I just have to be extremely careful for a while. Lucky they have no idea about Eunjung too.”

“Okay, so… Tiffany, can you go back up and tell everyone about this? But come back as soon as possible. I want to talk to you about something.” Tiffany didn’t say a word, she just disappeared in a sudden wind gust. Now, that’s really weird, Jessica thought. “Taeyeon-ah, you should come back too, before anybody notices you’re not where you’re supposed to be.” Taeyeon nodded and with a quiet crack, she disappeared as well.

Then Yuri spoke up. “The two of you should get some sleep,” she told to Krystal and Wooyoung. Krystal didn’t need to be told twice and immediately closed her eyes. Wooyoung stopped with his annoying walking and sat down on the couch. He kept tapping his finger on his knee though.

“I have to think of a new plan, now when we know what’s the situation.”

“It will have to wait,” Yuri grabbed Jessica’s wrist. “Shouldn’t you explain, what Taeyeon meant when she mentioned months?”

 “Uhmmm…” Jessica blushed. “I’ve never told you what my and Krystal’s job was when we still were Devil’s good and obedient daughters, right?”