Chapter 42

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Krystal had to wait for a few minutes until Hyoyeon and Nicole caught up with her. They were almost in Korea. She, personally, would already be in Korea few hours ago, but she had to keep in mind the other two weren’t as powerful, especially Nicole and transferring cost them much more energy even if she helped them out. They had to make around 6 or 7 stops on their way back home, so the journey took much longer. But one more transfer should be enough. Soon they caught up.
“Girls, just follow my lead and try not to appear on a table or a chandelier,” Krystal warned and Hyoyeon chuckled. “I’m not joking, it can happen really easily when you’re not careful enough and don’t know how the house looks like- oh, wait, just got an idea… lower you mind barriers,” Krystal added suddenly.
“Why?” Hyoyeon frowned.
“I’ll just send you an image of their living room so you would know and wouldn’t transfer wrongly,” Krystal explained. “And I don’t want to force myself into your heads, so just… lower it, okay?”
“Oh, good idea,” Hyoyeon said and immediately did as Krystal told her to. Nicole quickly followed.
Krystal closed her eyes and in a second, the other two knew how YulSic’s living room looked like.
“Nice couch,” Nicole stated matter-of-factly after a few seconds of silence.
“Oh, that’s right… girl, don’t sit on it while you’re in the house,” Krystal warned.
“Why not?”
“You don’t wanna know how stained that piece of furniture is.”
“What do you mean, stained?” Nicole asked, confused.
“Never mind, you don’t need to know and most importantly, you don’t want to know.”
Nicole and Hyoyeon exchanged puzzled looks, but didn’t ask any further.
“Okay… so… Let’s move our butts and transfer directly into the house. You ready?”
The other two girls nodded their head in unison. “Ready,” Hyoyeon said and held Nicole’s hand.

“So… Sooyoung is in love?” Taeyeon asked and giggled.
“Yeah…”
“And are you sure it’s an angel? Not a food?”
“Yes,” Tiffany nodded again.
Taeyeon giggled. “Everything is sooo… adorable!” she said and looked at Yuri, who fell asleep with Jisoo in her hands while sitting on a chair. “They’re so cute…”
“I know…” Tiffany smiled.
“We need to get a kid too,” Taeyeon said out of the blue, causing Tiffany to choke on her own saliva.
“You say what?” she asked, startled.
“What? You don’t want one?” Taeyeon asked, surprised.
“I… not that I don’t want to, but… I’m not really good with babies,” Tiffany answered, stuttering a bit.
“You’ll see, it’s gonna be fine, everything should be fine now…” Taeyeon said with a smile. Tiffany smiled back and they kissed.
“Mhmm, you have no idea how much I missed you…”
“Tell me about it...” Taeyeon’s hand slid down on Tiffany’s buttocks.
“Yah! Are you talking to me or my ?”
“Of course to you….r ,” Taeyeon grinned cheekily, which earned her a playful slap from Tiffany. “Haha, I’m kidding, Fany-yah… of course I missed you.”
“I love you, you dork.”
“I love you too…”

It was around 5AM when Krystal, Hyoyeon and Nicole finally arrived to the house. They all transferred well into a quiet house. At first, Krystal thought they’re all sleeping, but then she overheard some weird sounds from the kitchen.
“Wait here,” she whispered to her companions and peeked inside. “Oh my god!” she shrieked as she spotted something she wasn’t supposed to. “My poor eyes! They’re burning! I have to poke them out now! My mind is corrupted!”
“W-what happened?” Nicole asked, watching Krystal who literally stormed out of the kitchen.
“Baby Jung! Aren’t you happy to see me alive?” Taeyeon’s voice echoed.
“I sure didn’t want to see you alive like this,” Krystal barked, covering her eyes. “People would say you will get used to this after a while, but… oh damn, now it’s not only the couch that is stained… why the kitchen? Why?” she kept mumbling to herself. “How come you’re so active in the first place, Kim?” she asked then, raising her voice, so Taeyeon would hear. “Weren’t you basically dead just a few hours ago?”
“I don’t know how that’s possible, but I feel good… You have to tell me everything, Krystal!” Taeyeon rushed into the room and Tiffany ran upstairs.
“Going to wake up Jessi and Yuri!” she just announced, not looking at them. Her face was red.
Taeyeon just awkwardly smiled and looked at all the people in the room.
“Hey, Hyoyeon,” she greeted. “And you are?” she asked then, looking at Nicole.
“Nicole, Nicole Jung,” Nicole said, extending her hand. “It’s an honor to meet you, mistress,” she said with a deep bow.
Taeyeon chuckled. “Oh come on, no one calls me mistress…. Just… Taeyeon is fine.”
“O-okay, T-Taeyeon-sshi.”
Taeyeon chuckled and looked to the staircase. Tiffany was returning, followed by Yuri.
“Where’s your son?” Taeyeon asked.
“He’s sleeping so I left him upstairs… he would cry if anything happened.”
“Oh, I see… and where’s your lovely wife?”
Yuri rolled her eyes. “She’ll be here in a minute.”
“I’m here!” Jessica’s voice echoed.
“Great! So… let’s start,” Yuri said, looking at Krystal. “Tell us everything… did you kill him?”
“No.”
“No?!”
“We should sit down first… by the way guys, this is Nicole,” Nicole bowed again to Yuri and Jessica separately. The other two slightly nodded their head as they exchanged their greetings.
They all sat down. Nicole hesitated for a while, looking at the pretty couch with a suspicious expression. She eventually sat on a chair.
“So what happened?”
“Well… I filled his body with more powers and it literally smashed his brain. He’s completely harmless now,” Krystal said and quickly told them the whole story.
“But what happened to his powers? I mean… apparently at least something returned back into my body,” Taeyeon said. “If it didn’t I would still be unconscious.”
Krystal nodded. “Yeah, some powers indeed entered your body. That’s because he got your powers indirectly, using a filthy trick. How did you die by the way? Somebody attacked you and you killed that person?”
“Exactly,” Taeyeon snapped her fingers. “How do you know?”
“I didn’t know, but I thought that’s the most probable way.”
“So what happened with the rest of the powers?”
“I think I absorbed some of it. About the rest… I don’t know… probably got lost in the air. Have you tried how powerful you are now? And I don’t mean ually powerful, you obviously tried that already,” Krystal added in an irritated tone. The innocent Nicole gasped in a shock.
“Well… I haven’t really tried anything yet.”
“Try it then.”
Taeyeon closed her eyes. When she opened them five seconds later, everything seemed to be the same.
“Nothing happened.”
“I know… I would be surprised if something happened… I tried to transform…”
“Oh.
“But look at this,” Taeyeon stared at the kitchen door and it repeatedly opened and closed. “I have my magical powers… but…” she closed her eyes again and took two deep breaths. Then she peeked. “I can’t transfer. I’m still here. I’m not supposed to,” she complained in a really childish way.
“I’m… confused,” Hyoyeon said.
Krystal was frowning and after a few seconds of silence, she slowly spoke up. “You… lost most of your powers.”
“,” Taeyeon stated.
“So her powers just really dispersed in the air? I mean… You don’t have them?” Jessica asked.
“I feel the same as before. If I have some of her powers, which I probably have, it’s a negligible amount.”
“And what about Kim Bum? Are you sure he has no powers left?” Taeyeon asked and Jessica nodded.
“Good question.”
Krystal slowly shook her head. “I’m positive he has no powers anymore. I didn’t feel a thing from him, only insanity. But there obviously are some passive powers left in his body. Otherwise he would die.”
“Yeah, I also have a lot of passive powers right now. I mean… I’m literally flowing with energy, but I can’t seem to convert it into magic, except for things like…” Taeyeon opened and closed the kitchen door using her mind again. “So I just feel like after five liters of Red Bull.”
“Maybe the powers haven’t dispersed. I think it just turned into a stamina. You know… passive energy,” Jessica said.
“That’s… possible… I’ve seen it before,” Hyoyeon suddenly said. “So yeah, I agree with Jessica.”
“But… if my powers are mostly passive right now… How about Hell?”

“Enough with the hugging…” Tiffany mumbled quietly, obviously annoyed. Nobody paid attention to her though. “I said enough!” she said loudly and pulled Taemin away from Taeyeon. She found all the welcoming back really irritating. Too many people touching her girlfriend. “I get it, you’re all happy she’s back, but go away now, please,” she said to the crowd that gathered in the main hall.
“Mistress, you have a jealous girlfriend, don’t you?” somebody asked.
“I’m not-!”
“Yes, a little bit,” Taeyeon laughed, interrupting Tiffany’s protest. “But… I don’t think I’m still your mistress, guys.”
The demons in the crowd started to whisper to each other.
“Could you please go back to work? Don’t worry, you’ll be all informed just in time,” Taemin said and the crowd, though unwillingly, complied.
“Wow, impressive,” Taeyeon said as they went into her office. Taemin just nodded.
They gathered in her office, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Taemin, Sooyoung, Krystal and Jessica.
“So?” Krystal asked. “Did you really mean you don’t want to return to your position as a mistress?”
Taeyeon nodded her head. “I meant it. I really don’t want to. I want you to be my successor.”
“Woah woah woah! Who said I want to do it!” Krystal opposed.
“Well, why not? You’re by far the most powerful demon,” Taeyeon reminded.
“Yeah, I know… it’s annoying to be to the most powerful… everybody has high expectations from you… Hallo!! I’m just twenty years old girl!”
“Okay, I get, you don’t want to do it… But then who?” Taeyeon said looking around. “Sooyoung?”
“Whaaat? No.”
“Why not? You know, I heard you’re dating an angel, this will be very prosperous to your relationship, I can tell,” Taeyeon said, trying to convince Sooyoung.
“Sorry, but… still no.”
“Well… Taemin?”
Taemin hesitated with an answer. “I… think I could do it.”
“Really?” Krystal asked, surprised. “You?”
“Yeah… I mean, I was in the lead for the past few days and everybody respected me,” he said, shrugging.
“Do you think you’re strong enough?” Krystal asked, hesitating.
“Well… Taeyeon noona already proved that you don’t have to be the most powerful one to be in the lead. You just have to be responsible, smart and careful and your people have to respect you. And… why would I have to be the most powerful one when I have you on my side?”
“You know…” Taeyeon started. “I think this isn’t such a bad idea. Taemin is smart, experienced and obviously capable. You can do it if you really want to do it.”
“So, that’s it?” Jessica yawned. “Taemin is the new Master? But is it valid? You know… Master of the hell has only one form, like Asmodis was always a demon, while Taeyeon had always her human look… Taemin still can transform. That’s against the rules,” she said then.
“I don’t really have any special powers to give him,” Taeyeon opposed. “And what rules? There aren’t any rules. Just because the two previous masters had only one form doesn’t mean the new one has to have only one too. We can break that so called rule.”
Jessica shrugged in a defeat. “Okay then, it’s up to you anyways, you’re still the boss here.”
“So?” Tiffany spoke up.
“So?” Krystal repeated.
“Well... Taemin? Are you sure?” Taeyeon asked.
He nodded. “More than ever.”
“Then I hope you’ll do well in your new position, master,” Taeyeon said as she bowed her head.
Taemin blushed. “Don’t bow to me, noona,” he said with an awkward smile.
“I’m not planning to, I just wanted to know what it feels like,” Taeyeon grinned.
“Well, I’m not bowing to you as well,” Krystal stated.
Taemin smiled. “I thought so.”
“I will also keep an eye on you to see if you’re doing a good job,” she warned.
“Okay,” he said with a chuckle.
“So?” Sooyoung asked. “Is it official then?”
“I guess it is…” Taeyeon answered.
“Oooh,” Tiffany just said and bowed to him. Sooyoung followed.
“Cut the formalities… I’m still the same Taemin you know. For all of you, for everybody in this room, I’ll be always Taemin, okay?”
“Okay.”
Tiffany held Taeyeon’s hand. “You got degraded a lot.”
“I know… I don’t care. Do you?”
“Nah, I still love you,” Tiffany said and pecked Taeyeon’s cheek.
“Ugh, stop that,” Krystal said and walked to the door. “If it’s official... Then let’s make it public.”

 

 

A/N: So I managed to update again though I still don't have my laptop :/ I'm over at my friend's and he let me use his PC ^^ What a kind friend he is :) THis is pretty much the last chapter guise :( BUT! Wait for an epilogue! :teehee: and then.... I've been working on another fic, so I'm not planning on quiting writing any time soon. And I will make sure to link you, teehee :P I'll try to update the epilogue as soon as possible :)