Chapter 13

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“So… that’s pretty much it.” Jessica kept playing with her fingers and staring at the floor of Yuri’s room while explaining Yuri what Taeyeon meant. In the evening of that day, she told her the whole truth. Yuri was slightly smiling.

“Well, it’s kinda creepy, but I guess I can get over it.”

“Really?” Jessica looked into Yuri’s eyes. Yuri nodded and caressed her cheeks.

“Really,” she said and lightly kissed Jessica’s lips. She pulled away and looked into the latter’s eyes. Jessica lightly bit her lower lip before putting her hands around Yuri’s neck and capturing her lips once again. Yuri kissed her back. Their lips were brushing against each other. Jessica Yuri’s lower lip asking for permission to enter. She felt Yuri is surprised, but still allowed her to explore with her tongue. Jessica’s heart skipped a beat as they just shared their first kiss with tongues involved.

The kiss got more passionate, their breathings got heavier and soft moans were escaping from their mouths. They slowed down as they started to lack of oxygen and eventually pulled away.

“I thought… I thought we… need a new plan,” Yuri couldn’t catch her breath.

“Plan? What plan? I totally forgot…” Jessica leaned in to kiss Yuri one more time, but the door to Yuri’s room suddenly burst wide open.

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t want to interrupt the two of you,” Krystal said with shameless expression. She obviously didn’t care about what the two did or were going to do.

“What is it?” Jessica asked sulky.

“Tiffany came. She suddenly appeared in the middle of the living room and one of those fashion magazines flew across the room and hit my nose, so I woke up… Girl, why do you have so many of them when you obviously don’t even bother to open them?” she said to Yuri.

“Your sister is pretty sassy,” Yuri said and Jessica nodded.

“Tiffany’s here?”

“I was talking to the wall? Gosh, sis, I just said that!” Krystal rolled her eyes. “Yeah, she’s here, but she’s really weird. She has that weird look on her face and all…”

“What do you mean?”

“Go see by yourself.”

 

Three girls came out of Yuri’s room. They found Tiffany sitting on the couch staring at the wall with blank look on her face. She didn’t even bother to hide her wings and change her clothes.

“Oh my god!” Jessica shrieked when she spotted her. “They found out! Father and Dominus… they know, right? They know about you!”

Tiffany slowly shook her head. “They have no idea…” she whispered. Okay, that’s it. Jessica was getting more and more nervous. There’s something really weird about that girl, she’s crazier than normally.

“So what’s going on?” Tiffany just continued staring at the wall. “Tiffany!! Wake up!!”

“How could you, Jessica…” Jessica frowned. What did I do? It must be something serious, since Tiffany never calls her devilish friend Jessica. “Taeyeon… How could you not to tell me about her? How could you keep her away from me for all these years?” Tiffany looked at Jessica, who blankly raised her eyebrow.

 “Excuse me? Say what?”

“How could you not tell me you have such an amazing, cute, beautiful, smart and strong friend?” Behind Jessica’s back, Krystal started to crack up with laughter.

“What did you just say?” Jessica asked, annoyed. “You serious?”

“Jess…. I love her!”

“You’ve got to be kidding me! What more can we wish for? Damn it, Tiffany, snap out of it! What the heck happened to you?”

Krystal was laughing even laughter. “Sis, mwahahaha, it sounds so… funny, hahaha… when you say it… You… heheheh, you did exactly the same thing… when it came to Yuri for like a whole past year, mwehehehehhh…”

“Really? You mean it?” Yuri asked, curious.

“Yeah! She looked pretty much the same, hehheh, it’s hilari-ooooouch!” Krystal yelped in pain, when Jessica pulled her ear.

“Do me a favor,“ she said with a icy tone but burning look in her eyes. “And shut your mouth up for once in your life, Soojung.” Then Jessica looked at Tiffany. “So what are you going to do with it?”

“Nothing,” Tiffany shrugged her shoulders still with no expression on her face. “She’s a demon, I’m and angel, there’s nothing I can do. I just have to get over it.”

“Yeah, you should do that… And quickly.” Jessica looked around. “Hey, where’s Wooyoung?”

“Oh, yeah, he’s outside, on the garden,” Krystal answered.

“Why? What is he doing there for god’s sake?”

“Uhmm… Well, he’s there for almost two hours by now, so I guess he’s probably smoking the second box of cigarettes.” Jessica and Yuri gave her confused look, so she explained. “Well, he kept walking across the room, so I couldn’t get any sleep. I gave him all of my cigarettes, saying it will calm him down.”

“…” Jessica took a deep breath, trying to stop herself from yelling. “You smoke?” she asked eventually, gritting her teeth together so tightly, it could be heard.

“Oh, god… Of course I don’t. But it’s a must to have some cigarettes with you wherever you go. What if some really cute guy asked me for one? It would be really embarrassing if I wouldn’t have any, don’t you think? You’re not in at all!”

  “I don’t need to be in. Right now, my only concern is how to survive. And shouldn’t you check on him?”

“Why me?” Krystal yawned.

“You’re the one who gave him cigarettes.”

“I don’t really care about him. Check on him yourself. You should be able to see him through the window.” Krystal lied down on the couch and closed her eyes.

“Yeah, he’s there. And he really is smoking,” Yuri announced while looking outside.

 “Okay… Tiffany.” No reaction. “Tiffany?”

“Yeah?” Tiffany looked at Jessica, still a little bit absentminded.

“Snap out of it! Should I distract you somehow?”

Tiffany nodded. “I would really appreciate it. I guess I’m kinda out of my mind.”

“Fine, I will give you super important task. The most important task ever.

“Huh? What task?”

“You will think of a new plan.”

“Excuse me? Why me?”

“I’m… busy.” Jessica quickly glanced at Yuri before looking back at Tiffany. “Krystal will help you. Her original plan is still good, you can use it as an inspiration or whatever.”

“Uhmmm…. Well, I can give it a try…” Tiffany hesitated. Jessica smiled. Tiffany’s getting better really quickly. She’s such a dork, just a small distraction can change her completely.

“Oh, and one more thing.”

“What is it?”

“Get few cartons of cigarettes. It will help Wooyoung to calm down, it will help Krystal to get some sleep and… maybe it will help me and Yuri as well.”

“You kidding, right?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows. “Are you trying to get rid of us, so you and Yuri can…?”

“Hahahhahah, what are talking about? No, that’s not it,” Yuri laughed awkwardly. “What are you thinking?”

“Well… If you say so, Yuri… but let me tell you, I know Jess pretty well and I’m pretty sure she does think about it! Uhm, I’m getting those cigarettes and I’m coming back home, okay?” Tiffany waved before she went outside through back door.

 

Yuri and Jessica returned back to Yuri’s room, so Krystal could get some sleep. It was already really dark, but they didn’t bother to turn on the lights. As always they lied on the bed and covered their bodies with one blanket.

“It’s already 11PM,” Yuri said after a while, when she looked at her glow-in-dark clock on the wall.

“Yeah, it is…”

“Do you think it’s safe to let Wooyoung smoke for a whole night? He won’t burn anything, right? I really hope he doesn’t knock the ash on my lawn!”

Jessica smiled. “We will find out tomorrow.”

“Uhmm, Sica-yah… One more thing…”

“Yes, Yuri?”

“You really… thought about it?”

“About what?”

“You know… like… like Tiffany said.”

Jessica giggled and smiled mischievously. Even though it was really dark, she still could see Yuri’s red cheeks. “What do you think?”