Chapter 13

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Krystal sighed and knocked at the door of Yuri’s house. She looked at the white envelope in her left hand and smiled. After a while, the door slowly opened a little bit and she spotted a fifth of Yuri’s face.

“What are you doing here, Krystal?” Yuri asked, her voice huskier than usually. The three days passed ever since she had the fight with Jessica and even though Krystal couldn’t see properly, she still noticed Yuri’s face is darker and that she looked like she haven’t sleep for the past two nights. Krystal couldn’t help but she found this situation a little bit familiar. She suddenly felt bad for coming so late, but Taeyeon kept her ridiculously busy for last two days. Seriously, what’s wrong with that girl lately?

“Can I come in?”

Yuri hesitated, but she actually couldn’t stop Krystal, so she opened the door wider and nodded.

“What brings you here?” she asked.

“Uhmm… Actually… This,” Krystal handed Yuri the white envelope.

“What is it?”

“Open it.”

Krystal now knew how Jessica feels about the argument and Yuri had told her earlier too, so the younger Jung realized there’s no chance for one of them to admit it’s her fault. There’s no chance for Yuri to come to Hell and there’s no chance for Jessica to come back home. They’re just too stubborn. But then the she got those white envelopes and Krystal found this occasion to be a great opportunity for Yuri and Jessica to make up.

“It’s…” Yuri took card out of the enveloped and stared at it, surprised. “Wedding invitation!”

“Yeah. Aren’t you happy for them?” Krystal smiled.

“Of course I am! And I’m happy I’m invited! I haven’t heard of them in such a long time!” Yuri smiled. “Wait… when is it?”

“Next Saturday.”

“Whaaat?! Already?! That’s fast! What’s the day today?”

“It’s Wednesday.”

“Oh my god, I don’t have any dress!” Yuri panicked, but then she suddenly stopped. “Wait… is… is she coming?”

Krystal slightly smirked, but Yuri didn’t notice. “Jessica?” she asked, amused. Yuri just nodded. “Of course she is…”

 

“I’m not going,” Taeyeon mumbled as she read the letter she was holding.

“Why not?” Tiffany asked. She made up with Taeyeon. More or less. They relationship was a little bit weird ever since the fight they had, but at least they talked to each other.

“I don’t even know them properly,” Taeyeon said.

“Oh, come on! You helped them so much! You gave him the potion, so he could limit his powers and speed up his aging and you also broke her bad luck curse.”

“But still…”

“Look…” Tiffany held Taeyeon’s hand and looked into her eyes. “I know it’s hard for you right now, but you can’t drown yourself in all those problems. This will help you to loosen up a little.”

Taeyeon sighed. “Fine… I’ll go…”

Tiffany smiled brightly. “Okay! I’ll tell Krystal to call Victoria we’re attending!” she kissed Taeyeon’s cheek and left.

Taeyeon stared into the fireplace. “What? Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked.

“You know you shouldn’t leave Hell. What is he attacks while you’re gone?” Hyoyeon said.

“I know… but I will think of some kind of protection. Eunjung, Taemin and Sooyoung will help me.”

“But Tiffany’s right. You should loosen up a bit. So go to that wedding.”

Hyoyeon didn’t know how exactly Kim Bum found out about Nichkhun’s and Victoria’s wedding, maybe he somehow got to one of those invitations Wooyoung was delivering, but he ordered her to get Taeyeon there. Not because he wants to attack hell, but because he wants to meet Taeyeon. He apparently isn’t daring enough to confront her in Hell where he would be disadvantaged.

Hyoyeon looked somewhere behind herself. She needed to make sure Kim Bum isn’t looking right now. He doesn’t usually watch her, since watching somebody is quite a difficult spell and it would exhaust him too much, but Hyoyeon knew, he’s always at least listening, so she couldn’t tell Taeyeon anything. She took a piece of paper out of her pocket and threw it to Taeyeon through the fireplace. Then she immediately disappeared.

Taeyeon stared at the piece of paper that was floating in the air, slowly reaching the floor and slowly burning. She immediately caught it and extinguished the fire. She looked at the paper. There was something written with a piece of coal or some ash. She blew onto it to get rid of the ash and get a clearer image of the text.

Be careful at the wedding. Hell won’t be attacked, but pay attention around people you don’t know.

 

Sunny pouted. She was sitting in her room, alone, bored. She hasn’t seen Hyomin for a while and Sooyoungie wasn’t in Heaven for a really long time already. For some odd reasons she didn’t like to play her videogames lately. Something was missing in her life

“Aigoo…” she sighed. “I miss…” she stopped and blinked several times. “I miss them both,” she eventually said.

She left her room, hoping she would get distracted somehow. She wandered about Heaven when suddenly she entered some weird room she has never been in before. There was angelic blonde guy sitting behind the desk, filling some paper.

“Hello,” she said. He looked up and smiled.

“Are you ready?” he asked.

“For… what?” Sunny was slightly confused. “What is this room?”

“Oh…” The boy looked surprised. “Your guardian didn’t send you here? My name is Yoseob. I’m taking care of rookies, who are about to take an exam.”

“Exam? The one that I have to pass to become an angel?” Sunny asked and the boy nodded.

“Yes. So why are you here, if your guardian didn’t send you? Who’s your guardian? Seohyun? Hyomin? Nana?”

“Uhm, Hyomin. And my name is Sunny.” Sunny though about this situation. Why did I accidentally enter this room? Isn’t this a fate?

“And why have you come?”

“I wanna take the test.”

“As you wish.” The next thing Sunny knew was, that she’s falling down and down and down…

 

Yoona’s eyes were firmly watching her sleeping classmate. She was in the middle of her Spanish lesson and her teacher was currently talking about something in a monotone voice that was making everybody sleepy. Yoona was an exception. Even though she had no slightest idea of what is the teacher talking about, she was feeling more awake than ever.

That girl, she has been staring at, Yoona believed her name is Suji, looked really exhausted. Her hair was messy, her eyeliner was everywhere except for her eyes and she was wearing a red flannel shirt that was at least two times bigger than her. No doubt that girl had a very busy night.

It was actually the shirt that caught Yoona’s attention. At first she thought it’s just a coincidence. Maybe Suji’s boyfriend has the same shirt as Taecyeon? But then she noticed light yellow stain on the sleeve. This was Taecyeon’s shirt. Yoona was one hundred percent sure since she was the one who accidentally spilled her orange juice all over herself and Taecyeon’s hand while they were on a date at his favorite restaurant.

 “That …” she mumbled, angrily. “I can’t believe this. Seohyun was right, I should just-“

“Miss Im, do you have any problem?” the teacher suddenly said. Yoona looked up, surprised.

“Uhhh… No. Not at all, miss. I apologize.” Yoona faked a smile, which unfortunately came out looking very awkward.

“Then please, don’t disturb me while I’m teaching. Otherwise I will have to ask you to leave this room.”

“It won’t happen ever again. I apologize,” Yoona said again and bowed her head.

But as soon as teacher returned to her monotone monologue, Yoona’s eyes wandered back to Suji. I am so NOT letting this go.