Chapter 17

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“Yuri-yah…” Jessica started. “I’m sorry.” Yuri stared at her, not saying anything. “I’m sorry for running away.”

“Well… I’m sorry for letting you run away.”

Jessica slightly smiled. “I… I really miss you.”

“I miss you too…” They looked into each other’s eyes.

“I…” Jessica paused and Yuri nodded.

“I know… Me too.”      

“Could we…”

“I hope so, but…”

“I know…”

“So?”

“I don’t know.”

“Aish, who cares?” Yuri grabbed Jessica’s shoulder, pulled her closer and kissed her passionately. Jessica was a little bit surprised, but loved it nevertheless. She quickly kissed Yuri back. Oh, how much they both missed each other. Now they seemed like they don’t want to ever stop. But Yuri pulled away after a while, because she ran out of oxygen.

“I suddenly feel somehow hot,” she said, breathing heavily. “It was so cold here a minute ago, but it’s not anymore.”

Jessica felt the heat too. She touched her stomach. It was really hot. “I… I think the heat is not normal…” she started carefully.

“Oh… you’re still doing these things?” Yuri asked. She wasn’t sure how to react.

“I’m not.  I have never done them.”

Yuri looked confused. “Really? Then… who?”

Jessica smiled, grabbed Yuri’s hand and put it on her stomach. “Our baby,” she whispered.

Yuri’s jaw dropped a little. “W-whatdidyoujustsay?”

Jessica leaned in, so her lips were almost touching Yuri’s right ear. “I’m pregnant,” she whispered. Yuri shivered by the vibration of Jessica’s voice and also by the fact she just said.

“H-how? It can’t be… mine.”

“Aahh, do I really have to remind you? You, me, Italy, hotel room?”

“B-but… I’m a girl… and you… are you…?”

“Yes, I’m sure. I was even at the hospital. And Krystal explained it to me in some weird way… It really is possible, our love was enough…Or at least that’s what Krystal said, I don’t know much about this too,” Jessica said and looked back into Yuri’s eyes.

“Well… I believe you wouldn’t cheat on me… This time I really believe you. So… we’re going to have a baby?” Yuri asked, still in disbelieve.

Jessica nodded. “Very happy baby. It’s really is happy right now. That’s why the heat. I can understand it now.”

“Baby…” Yuri mumbled again and touched Jessica’s tummy again.

“What do you think?” Jessica asked.

“I think I… love you even more.” Yuri kissed Jessica again, this time more lovingly. She also pulled away sooner than before.

“Sica, baby… We’re in church right now…”

“Yes… so?”

“So let’s get married.”

 

“I think I know you. Hey! Hey! I just said that! Hey!” two voices said in unison.

“Could you please stop saying the same words as I do?” Sunny asked, angry.

“Well, I’m sorry! But it’s not like I can read you mind!” Sooyoung answered.

“Why do I think I know you?”

“I don’t know, but you really remind me of this one cutie short bunny I know.”

“What’s your name?”

“Summer Choi,” Sooyoung answered. That’s the name she uses while she’s on Earth. Sunny chuckled. “What? Something’s funny about my name? What’s yours?”

“Just… call me Sunny.”

Sooyoung’s jaw dropped. “Wait… What?”

“Sunny. Just Sunny.”

“Ooooh…” Sooyoung understood. She had a rough idea about those passing exams angels have to take, but this was the first time she actually saw it. She stared into Sunny’s eyes and she suddenly could see very clearly it’s her, even though she had different hairstyle. “What are you going to do?” she asked, quietly.

“W-what are you talking about?” Sunny stuttered.

“I know what you are going through…” Sooyoung continued whispering.

“You know?” Sunny looked surprised.

“Yes.”

“Can you explain it to me? I have no idea, what happened! I don’t remember anything for the past month! And how exactly do I know you?”

“Oh… You really don’t remember anything?”

Sunny just shook her head. “What am I supposed to do?”

“Well… I don’t know that. I’m not the one who put you in this situation. But if you need help, call me anytime.”

“How? I don’t have a cell phone or anything.”

“Well…” Sooyoung hesitated. “Just say my name a loud and I will come.”

“But I still don’t know what am I supposed to do!” Sunny whined cutely.

“Uh, sorry, I can’t really help you with that. But I gotta go,” Sooyoung said. She still had some work to do and no, it didn’t have anything to do with a food. Probably.

“Hey! You didn’t help me at all right now!” Sunny yelled before Sooyoung disappeared. “But at least I know I’m not crazy. Probably.”

 

“Hey, Krystal, can we talk?” Tiffany whispered to Krystal’s ear. The wedding was still continuing even though some people already left. Everybody was dancing and having fun at the restaurant.

“Sure,” Krystal smiled. “But only if you excuse me,” she looked at Sulli, who was sitting next to her. Tiffany chuckled when she realized they’re holding hands.

“Yeah, go,” Sulli nodded, so Krystal followed Tiffany outside.

“What do you need?” Krystal asked.

“Shouldn’t you go check on Jessica and Yuri?”

“Oh, no need to, trust me. It’s better to check on them tomorrow in the morning.”

“You wanna keep them there overnight?”

“Yes.”

“Fine… If you think it will be better. But… another question. That Kim Bum guy… isn’t he weird?”

“Yes. He is veeery weird. There’s something fishy about him. I actually wouldn’t be surprised at all if he was the one who did that all.”

“I know. I feel exactly the same. He’s the type you wouldn’t suspect of doing anything bad, but his smile is… creepy.”

“Very creepy. You should warn Taeyeon.”

“Yeah, I will, but I’m pretty sure she doesn’t like him either…” Tiffany stared somewhere behind Krystal. Then she smiled. “On the other hand… What exactly is going on between you and Sulli? I thought you’re just friends, but now…”

“Not talking about this,” Krystal said sharply.

“Oh come on… Does she know the secret? Taeyeon made her forget everything, right? You told her? Everything? About the kidnapping and all those stuffs?” Tiffany said in one breath.

“I’m not talking about this, okay?!!”

“Geez, she’s so secretive about everything…” Tiffany mumbled as she watched Krystal come back to Sulli. “It’s not like I would interfere with their relationship... Or at least not a lot.”

 

“You wouldn’t do anything stupid, right?” Kim Bum stared into the fire ball above his opened palm. The look in his eyes was sharp and there was no sign of that cute (even though creepy) smile on his face.

Hyoyeon imperceptibly gulped and stared at him back. “Of course not. The price to pay is too high to break the rules. I’m not that type that would commit a suicide.”

“I really hope so because you know what that would mean…” Kim Bum inaudibly mumbled two words or so and Hyoyeon suddenly shrieked in pain. She felt flames of the hot fire to touch her skin, but before she realized what’s going on, the pain was gone. Kim Bum smirked. “That was just a short preview. Imagine you would feel this forever…” Kim Bum said and his eyes turned hazy.

“Okay, I understand, now stop daydreaming about torturing me,” Hyoyeon said grumpily.

“I can trust you, right?”

“Of course, I would never ever betray you,” Hyoyeon bowed deeply.

“That’s good then. Now go away and don’t forget I’m always listening.”

Hyoyeon just bowed again and disappeared from the fireball. Kim Bum kept staring into the empty fire. He frowned. Something’s wrong…