Chapter 19

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Sunny immediately ran towards the source of the sound. She soon spotted two dark personas, fighting. She realized it’s some elderly lady trying to fight for her purse with some masked guy. And that guy was obviously winning and slowly getting more and more violent.

“Yah! What are you trying to do?! Stop it!” Sunny bravely yelled and approached them. It’s not like she’s not dead already, she can’t die again… right?

That guy looked her direction, slightly surprised. He harshly pulled the purse and the lady finally let go of it. She was too tired already. “Give it back!” Sunny yelled and jumped on the guy.

“Get off me, you blondie!” he ordered and tried to get rid of Sunny. She just tightened her grip around his shoulders. She bit his arm. “Aaaargh!” His hand loosened up and the purse fell on the ground.

“Take your purse and RUN!!” Sunny yelled at the lady and she didn’t need to repeat it. The lady did exactly what she was told to do.

“Argh! You’re so dead, you shorty!” the guy yelled angry.

“Oh, you have no idea how right you are right now…” Sunny mumbled and then she spotted something shiny in his hand. A knife. She gulped and stared into his eyes. He jerked a little bit.

“Wha-?” he said. “Why are your eyes-? Argh!”  He quickly shook his head and stabbed her right hip.

Sunny hissed in pain. It hurt. A lot. She let go of him. “That hurts!” she whined.

“B-but… You’re supposed to… You’re not even bleeding and… and your eyes… YOU FREAK!!” He ran away as quickly as he could.

“What’s with it?” Sunny touched her hip. It didn’t hurt anymore. She rolled up her shirt and hoodie and looked at her skin. There was a hole in her body, but only a small amount of blood was coming from it.  “Interesting…” she mumbled.

Then she remembered he was talking about her eyes. She walked to the nearest car and checked herself in the side mirror. She gasped. Her eyes were shining. Literally. They were brightly purple. She winked several times, hoping it will go away, but it was still there.

“Seriously, what is going on?” she asked.

“Your transformation is almost complete. Don’t worry; the purple will turn darker in a few hours.”

 

“Yuri- Yuri- Yu-…” Jessica stuttered between kisses.

“What?” Yuri mumbled, slightly annoyed.

“I… I can’t.” She was ready to do it, but then something clicked and she realized where she is and what is she about to do. She just couldn’t. Not here.

“What?”

“All those pictures of saints staring at us… I don’t think I can make love to you in a place like this.”

“Aigoo… Sica…” Yuri sighed. “It’s our wedding night!”

“I had no idea I will get married today!”

“Come on!”

“No, Yuri, I’m sorry, but---“

5 minutes later.

“You really think this place is better?” Yuri asked in disbelieve.

“There aren’t those staring pictures of saints and statues of Jesus!”

“It’s a shed!”

“Very pretty and clean shed. And it isn’t a part of the church.”

Yuri pouted. “Sica…” she sighed.

“You love me?” Jessica smiled cheekily.

“Mhmm… I think I’m stupid enough to love you…”

“This isn’t nice, you know… But I’ll let it slide, if you take me now!” Jessica pushed Yuri to the wall quite harshly. Yuri stared at her, surprised. She wanted to say something, but Jessica’s lips on hers made it impossible for any words to come out…

 

“Your transformation is almost complete. Don’t worry; the purple will turn darker in a few hours.”

 Sunny turned around and spotted a girl in a white shirt, tight jeans and sneakers. She knew this girl from somewhere. “Who are you?” She noticed her eyes are also purple, but really, it wasn’t as obvious, because they were darker.

“I think it’s time for you to remember…” The girl smiled.

Sunny’s jaw slowly dropped as a light appeared around her head. The wind got slightly stronger and she started to remember. “Oh god…” she mumbled.

“Congratulations. You passed the test. I’m a little bit disappointed you didn’t tell me you’re going to take it in advance, but…” Sunny stared at the girl and started to laugh. “What?!”

“I’m sorry, Hyomin, but you look so weird in your human version.”

“Yeah, very funny,” Hyomin was now already standing beside Sunny. “You had to pass three parts of the test. You had to resist temptation to come to your family. Well, I’m quite surprised, you didn’t even think about that. You had to resist temptation of your biggest desire. I think you hesitated here, but you passed.”

“I knew the thing with Xbox is suspicious,” Sunny burbled.

“And you also had to risk your life for safety of somebody else. And you just did.”

“Well, I was dead already; I knew I couldn’t die again.”

“But you did it. And you would do it even alive. Don’t you remember how you died? I don’t think the last part was necessary, you already proved you would help even if it would endanger your life, but that’s how the rules are.” Hyomin smiled. “Congrats, I really didn’t think you would be so capable. Sorry if I underrated you,” Hyomin hugged Sunny happily.

Sunny smiled too. “But what’s up with those blonde hair and all?” she pouted after they let go of each other.

“Oh, that’s just your cover, so nobody would recognize you. Most of the angels who used to be humans change their looks in some way. Like Seohyun, she dyed her hair brown and got rid of her fringe. Yoseob usually gives random looks during the test, you can change it later. But I personally really love this hairstyle,” Hyomin added, a little bit shy.

“Thank you! I actually think it looks fine too!” Sunny smiled. “So now I am full angel?”

Hyomin smiled too. “Yes. You should be able to let out your wings now.”

“Awesome!” Hyomin helped excited Sunny a little and in a few seconds Sunny, the angel was shining all over the place.

“We should disappear; it wouldn’t be good if somebody saw you.”

“Okay…” Then Sunny realized something.

“What is it?” Hyomin asked as soon as she spotted her expression.

“Oh nothing, just…” Choi Sooyoung…

 

Krystal opened the small window in the doors. “Unnie! Unnie! I’m here!” she said loudly. Her voice echoed, but nobody responded. She frowned. “Unnie?” Still no response.

Krystal mumbled some spells and opened the door. She entered the church and looked around. She walked forward looking for her sister. She spotted Jessica’s coat and purse on the floor. And also- Oh… Yuri’s shoe… Krystal tried to pick it up, but failed. “Urgh!!” She frowned. How did I do this? It just won’t come out. Ehhh, I’ll deal with it later. Where are they?

She walked around the confessional and then she noticed it. A small maybe a meter wide and meter high window.  And somebody apparently smashed the glass. Krystal frowned again. “They… ran away?

 

FLASHBACK

“Where are you going? And why would you take my shoe?” Yuri asked, confused. She watched Jessica to walk behind the confessional. She sighed and followed.

The sound of breaking glass echoed all over the place as Jessice hit it with a sharp heel of Yuri’s shoe. “What are you doing?!” Yuri shrieked. “You just said church is a saint place and you’re breaking a window here?!”

“This is an emergency exit for a priest. I noticed this when I went here for the food. Krystal must have missed this,” Jessica smirked.

“Wait… You knew there’s an exit and you didn’t say anything nor ran away?”

“Nope… I wanted to make up with you,” Jessica said, while cleaning the shards aside.

“Awww… That’s so sweet…”

“Yeah, whatever, now let’s go out of this place, I want you and I can’t wait to have you…”

END OF THE FLASHBACK

 

Krystal went outside and looked around the garden. A wooden shed caught her attention, because the door was slightly opened. She walked towards it and peeked inside. She gasped and shrieked as she spotted her sister with her as well girlfriend lying on the floor, sleeping, hugging and covered only with Yuri’s suit, which suddenly looked really very very short. Yeah, it just wasn’t long enough to cover everything. Krystal quickly shut the door and leaned her back on it. “Oh my gosh! I can’t believe Taeyeon was right about their byunness! In a shed?! What the heck?!”

“Who is there?” a voice from the inside asked. Yuri woke up by the sound of the door closing.

“It’s me, Krystal!” the youngest one whined. “Can you please get dressed?”

“Kry-…? Oh my gosh! You saw?!” Yuri shrieked. “Sica, baby, get up.”

“Yes, I was unlucky enough to see! My poor innocent eyes! I feel !”

“And you’re not even the one who got last night.”

“I heard that, Kwon Yuri!” Krystal yelled, still leaning on the closed door of the shed.

“I heard that too!” Krystal heard Jessica’s sleepy voice. “Where’s my bra?”

“I think I saw it on that big lamp.”

“Why me?” Krystal whined quietly. “Why does it have to be me?”

“Oh, wow, I see it. How could we throw it so high last n-“

“SHUT UP, JESSICA!” Krystal couldn’t take it anymore.

“THEN DON’T LISTEN TO ME!” Jessica yelled back.

The door opened and it pushed Krystal forward. She immediately covered her eyes. “I don’t wanna see anything more!” she said.

“Don’t worry, I’m fully clothed now,” Yuri said and closed the door behind herself as soon as she walked out. Krystal slowly let her hands down.

“Good.”

“I hope Sica won’t hurt herself, she’s trying to climb the wardrobe, because her br-”

“NO! STOP! Gah!” Krystal stared somewhere behind Yuri. “I shouldn’t lock the two of you up in here. I wouldn’t have to go through all this. I’m so stupid. Why did I do this?” Krystal kept mumbling.

“You did this, because you are the best sister in law ever!” Yuri smiled and hugged Krystal tightly.

“Why would you call me that way? You never did before… And please don’t hug me after whatever you did with my sister last night!”

Yuri let go of Krystal and quickly showed her the ring on her finger. “You are my sister in law now. We got married yesterday.”

Krystal’s jaw slowly dropped in a disbelieve. After few seconds of silence the door of the shed opened again and Jessica jumped out. She looked at Yuri and then at Krystal. “Did I miss something?”