Chapter 41

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Suddenly Yoona froze. There was something wrong with Seohyun’s eyes.
“Oh no no no, I’m not kissing you!” she said.
“Why not? I’m your girlfriend, remember?”
Yoona looked at her, confused. “I don’t,” she said truthfully. “And you’re acting weird.”
“What do you mean by weird?”
“You’re… not the innocent, angelic Seohyun I know. You’re… Just no,” Yoona said, taking a step backwards.
“What’s wrong?” Seohyun asked, puzzled.
“You’re not my best friend.”
“You can have me…”
“I don’t want to… no… that’s just wrong… What the hell is wrong with this weird universe? Why am I not dead when I should be?!” Yoona rubbed her forehead. “This is exhausting…” she mumbled and closed her eyes. When she opened them, Seohyun was gone. “What the-? What is happening? Why?!” she whined and slowly walked away.
She sighed desperately as she wandered around the city. She looked at a small, maybe 10 years old girl standing in the middle of the road. Yoona frowned. Why is that girl here? Where’s her mom? It’s already night, this is dangerous!
She walked towards the baby, when suddenly a huge car appeared out of nowhere. It was obviously speeding. Yoona’s eyes widened. She knew the car will hit the girl soon. That girl didn’t seem to notice at first, so her reactions were slow. Yoona started running and pushed the girl aside. She knew this will probably hurt her, but she didn’t care. The girl better be injured than dead. The road was frozen and slippery, so Yoona fell down on her . The driver of the car was furiously stepping on the breaks, but the slippery ice didn’t allow the car to stop. Yoona closed her eyes knowing the car will hit her hard. It did.
She was ready for the pain, but she sure didn’t expect it to be so strong. “Arghhh!” she covered her face as she literally flew several meters forward. The pain in her right hand, head and hip was really unbearable. Gritting her teeth, she examined the wounds. But here were none.
“Miss are you okay?!” the driver of the car rushed outside.
“Yeah… I… think I am,” Yoona said in disbelieve. The pain started to fade away. She smiled at the driver. He gasped and took a step backwards.
“Miss… you-your eyes… a-are you really okay? Can we… can we let this slide?”
Yoona nodded. She didn’t have a choice. She’s dead already. Plus, nothing really happened to her. But what’s wrong with my eyes?
The driver ran back into the car and quickly drove away.
Yoona looked around. The little girl was gone as well. But there was somebody standing nearby. “Time for you to remember, unnie,” Seohyun’s voice echoed around the empty street.
And Yoona remembered. “Did I… pass the test?”
“Yes, you did… You had a hard time with Yuri, didn’t you? And… me,” Seohyun said, grinning.
“You were so weird!”
“I know! I felt awkward myself!” Seohyun complained. “I couldn’t believe my ears when they told your biggest temptation is me!”
“You were a bit unnatural,” Yoona chuckled.
“I was supposed to seduce you. I’ve never seduced anybody in my entire life or after life,” Seohyun explained. “I failed. I’m happy I did though, I was scared you may go crazy and really take me.”
“Well... you were… kind of… y,” Yoona laughed.
“Oh was I? Am I really such a big temptation for you?”
“Mhmmm…. Yes, I think you are,” Yoona smiled.
Seohyun blushed. “Well…”
“Don’t worry, I don’t wanna rush you.”
“Let’s go then.”
“Where?”
“Back to Heaven, silly…”

Krystal felt like he head was going to explode. Her mind was completely filled with Kim Bum’s memories. They were very confusing. Some were wicked, evil, some were painful, and some were full of anger. She couldn’t really see the particular memory, everything was too fast and one image came after another. But she could definitely feel every single emotion from it. She felt Kim Bum’s confused too. Did he see the same things she did? Krystal was suffering, but she also felt, that the pressure of his mind in her head isn’t so strong anymore. Their minds were still intertwined though. Krystal opened her eyes to check on her opponent. Kim Bum’s eyes were hazy. He looked literally out of his mind. And he actually was. Krystal gathered all of her powers and transferred it all into Kim Bum’s head.
Now she was the dominant one. The confusing and wicked memories were gone. She could now see pieces of her own past. He seemed to be dumbstruck with her memories. Krystal spotted her sister, Sulli, Victoria, rest of her human friends, her never-ending clubbing when she was still a teenage girl. She even remembered her endless bickering with Taeyeon about silly stuffs. It was short images and it was similarly confusing to Kim Bum’s thoughts. But these memories sure had totally different feeling. They were warmer and calmer, funny and casual. Kim Bum was obviously taken aback by it. And Krystal’s powers were flowing into his body.
A bright white light surrounded the two of them. Krystal felt she has the upper hand, so she quickly put her mind back together, pushing Kim Bum’s memories away. He was obviously shocked and he turned dangerously red. Krystal smiled, she knew he’s done. He’s so overflowing with powers; he couldn’t fight her back anymore. Then the white light exploded and completely covered them. Krystal closed her eyes as it blinded her. Her head was back only hers, their minds separated, but she knew she will remember Kim Bum’s wicked thoughts forever. The pressure slowly faded away, so she slowly opened her eyes. The light was gone and the city changed. Kim Bum’s conjured up was so gone and he was just sitting on the snowy ground with a foolish smile on his face. Krystal frowned.
“What the heck?” she asked while looking at him. He just laughed with a blank expression on his face. His eyes were shining like a little boy’s during Christmas.
“Hey, what’s wrong with you!” she asked.
“Mommy… I’m cold,” he said in a childish cutesy voice.
“Yah! What the?!”
“His magic is gone. I think,” Hyoyeon’s voice echoed.
“This place is scary, where am I?” Kim Bum whined and looked like he’s about to cry. “I’m cold.”
“He’s gone insane,” Krystal breathed out in disbelieve. Then she turned around to look at Hyoyeon. She and Nicole were standing there, hand in hand, smiles plastered on their faces. “Ooookiieee~” Krystal said in a weird voice while staring at their intertwined fingers.
The other two ignored her. “So what will happen now?”
“I… think everything is over?” Krystal said with a hesitation obvious in her voice.
“Do… you think everything will be the same as before now?” Nicole asked carefully.
“Well, not exactly… We can’t revive dead people. This will take a while to clean this mess and fix everything.”
“True,” Hyoyeon nodded.
Nicole sighed and closed her eyes for a two seconds or so. “I know… but I was still hoping that maybe…”
“Awww, I know… I’m sorry about it, Cole,” Hyoyeon said with a sad smile and patted Nicole’s head.
Nicole smiled at her. “It doesn’t matter anymore. My sister is dead, we can’t change it,” she said with a smile, even though she was obviously sad.
“Don’t worry… I’m with you.”
“Thanks Hyoyeonie.”
“Seriously, are you guys dating?” Krystal asked, slightly disgusted.
“Whaaat? Nooo!” Hyoyeon snorted out awkwardly.
“For real?” Krystal asked suspiciously.
Nicole just shook her head. “Nope.”
“Ugh, then just get together or something, you’re annoying to look at.” Krystal had to laugh at their awkward expressions.
Then Hyoyeon snapped out of it. “We will then,” she said wittily.
“What makes you think so?” Nicole frowned, but then smiled widely.
Hyoyeon chuckled and soon all three of them ended up cracking up, laughing out of relief.
Suddenly a weird voice interrupted them. “Noonas? I’m really cold? You know?” Kim Bum cried, almost weeping, really.
“Oh come on,” Krystal rolled her eyes and helped him get up on his feet.
“Are you sure he’s not dangerous anymore?” Hyoyeon asked and looked at him with a worried expression.
“He has no powers,” Krystal shrugged. “Can’t you feel it?”
“But… how?”
“I gave him my own powers. He’s brain got smashed and it probably looks like porridge now. Nobody can handle that huge amount of powers he had. Nobody. That’s probably why he’s like this… And having no powers also explains why he feels cold.”
They all stared at him and he grinned, so his eye-smile appeared. Krystal mumbled something and a big coat appeared on his shoulders.
“Wow! That was so cool!” he said, amazed at the magic. “Thank you, mommy!”
“Eww…” Krystal pouted. “I’m not your mommy, understand? I’m too young for that, I even think you are older than I am.” Then she touched his shoulder and mumbled some more spells. He disappeared.
“Where did you send him?” Nicole asked, curious.
“Mental hospital. They’ll take care of him there,” Krystal smirked.
“Are you sure he’s not a threat anymore?” Hyoyeon asked.
Krystal nodded with a sincere smile. “But there are more questions to answer,” she said then, her face serious again.
“Like what?”
“Like… what happened with his powers? And what about Taeyeon?”

Tiffany’s eyes widened. Did Taeyeon’s finger just really move?
She looked at her lover. She blinked out of confusion as she realized Taeyeon’s body is covered in some weird white fog. She also noticed Taeyeon’s body’s slowly absorbing the fog.
“Oh my… god… what is… going on… what is going…” she kept mumbling to herself, while holding Taeyeon’s hand more tightly. “Please wake up…”
Then Taeyeon’s fingers moved again.
“Jessiiiiiiieeeeeee~!!!!!” Tiffany shrieked really loudly. She was usually very loud, but this time it was much louder, she herself would be surprised that she’s capable of such a sound if she wasn’t this upset. Even the neighbors had to hear it. Of course, Jisoo woke up and started to cry.
Soon, Yuri rushed into the room with him in her arms. She came really fast, because she wasn’t sleeping yet. Actually, she kept thinking about Yoona. And since Jessica was sleeping already, she didn’t tell anybody about it yet.
“What is going on?” she asked.
“Taeyeon, she’s….”
Yuri took a look and gasped. “The fog is… what is it?” she asked, puzzled.
“I don’t know. But I think… she may be… waking up,” Tiffany whispered. “Where’s Jessi?” she asked then.
Yuri rolled her eyes. “You know what she’s like. Even if the house was burning down, it would take her a while to get up.
“I’m here!” Jessica’s voice echoed. She obviously wanted to sound like she’s wide awake, but failed. Her voice cracked a bit as she suppressed a yawn. “Oh, what is that?” she asked when she noticed the rest of the fog.
Nobody answered her, they just watched the rest of the fog entering Taeyeon’s body in amazement.
“Taeyeon-ah… Wake up,” Tiffany lightly kissed Taeyeon’s forehead and slapped her cheek a little. Taeyeon started to breathe. “Oh my god! She’s breathing!”
”How is that possible?” Yuri asked while staring at Taeyeon’s rising chest.
“I don’t k- What are you looking at Kwon?!” Tiffany shrieked,
“I’m not looking at any- Oh…” Yuri quickly looked away as she realized. “Sorry, didn’t mean to. Like really,” she said, slightly pink.
Tiffany chuckled. “That’s fine. Wake up, Taeyeon-ah! She said and slapped Taeyeon a little harder than before. Taeyeon’s eyelids shivered. It took another few second, but then she finally slowly opened them. “TaeTae!” Tiffany gasped a hug her tightly.
“Taeyeon…” Yuri gasped too.
Taeyeon produced some weird muffled sound, like she was highly dehydrated and suffocating.
“Tiffany, you’re suffocating her,” Jessica said and tried to pull Tiffany away, but angel just wouldn’t let go.
“Mine!” she just barked while tears of happiness were rolling down her cheeks.
“P-Pany-yah,” Taeyeon whispered huskily.
“Thank god…” Tiffany said. “I missed you.” She finally pulled away and gently kissed Taeyeon’s lips. Taeyeon sat up and looked around.
“Welcome back, Kim,” Jessica grinned and Yuri nodded, also smiling. Taeyeon looked a bit confused. “How are you feeling?”
“Tired… but I feel actually pretty good,” Taeyeon smiled faintly.
“Okay…” Jessica walked to Taeyeon to briefly hug her and then started to walk away.
“Where are you going?” Yuri asked in disbelieve.
“Back to sleep. Taeyeon is obviously fine and I’m tired.”
“Now?”
“Well yes. Whatever Krystal did, we won’t know until she’s back. Obviously she did something big, but we have to wait.”
“Oh… that’s… true, but aren’t you interested what Taeyeon have to say or we have to say to her?”
“You can tell her everything. And I will listen to her together with Krystal,” Jessica stated. Then she smiled at Taeyeon. “Welcome back again,” she said and on her way out she kissed Yuri’s lips and Jisoo’s tiny nose.
“Sorry,” Yuri grinned apologetically.
“That’s fine,” Taeyeon said and her eyes wandered on the baby in Yuri’s eyes.
“Oh, I’m sorry, I totally forgot. Meet Jisoo, our son.”

 

A/N: The format is a bit messed up in this chapter, but at least I managed to update. My laptop is still being repaired and it seems like I won't have it for a really loooong time TT_TT Seriously, I cry cry.... but at least I can update like this :/ I'll try to update soon again...