Chapter 26

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

Knock knock knock!

….

Knock knock knock!

“Seohyun-ah! Come on! I know you’re in there! I’m going inside!” Hyomin’s voice echoed.

“Leave me alone!” Seohyun yelled back, her voice higher than usually.

Hyomin heard her, but she ignored her and entered the room. She sat on the bed Seohyun was lying on, head buried in a pillow. Hyomin also noticed the pillow is soaking wet because all those tears Seohyun shed in the past few hours. She put her hand on the younger angel’s shoulder. “Seohyun-ah, you need to put yourself together. We have a new rookie you have to take care of.”

“Take care of him yourself!” Seohyun answered harshly. Her voice was subdued by the pillow. Hyomin sadly smiled. It was weird to see Seohyun acting impolite, but she understood it.

“Nope,” she shook her head. “You need to take care of this rookie, nobody else.”

Seohyun lifted her head and stared at Hyomin with her red eyes. “No,” she protested before she buried her head back into the pillow.

“Seohyun-aah, come on… This will help you. A lot. I promise.”

“I don’t want to.”

“But it’s an order. I, as your senior, order it to you.”

Seohyun mumbled something inaudible and sat up. “Fine… I need to respect sunbaes,” she answered then and walked towards the door.

“Wait!” Hyomin grabbed her wrist to stop her. “Fix yourself a little bit.” She wiped away Seohyun’s tears and tried to polish her hair a bit. “Go,” she smiled then and slapped Seohyun’s .

“Unnie!” Seohyun complained before she left the room.

Hyomin stayed behind, smiling. “You’re gonna be okay in a minute.”

 

Seohyun slowly walked towards the room where newbies always are. She opened the door and spotted a girl, looking through the transparent part of the floor down on the Earth. She couldn’t see her face, but that girl had a long brown hair and was quite tall. Seohyun felt relieved when she realized Hyomin already gave that girl some blanket to cover her body.

“Hello,” she started, “my name is-“

“SEOHYUNNIE!” the girl immediately turned around, excited.

“Y-Yoona unnie?” Seohyun stuttered, completely shocked.

“Seohyunnie, I’m so happy you came!”

“Y…you…”

“I have to admit I was scared when I died, but soon I realized what happened even without that Hyomin girl telling me,” Yoona laughed loudly.

“Unnie!” Seohyun shrieked and ran towards Yoona only to hug her tightly.

“Oh, Seohyun-ah,” Yoona said, shocked. She hugged her back with her right hand. She had to hold the blanket with the left one. “Oh, Seohyun-ah…” she repeated quietly. Then she heard sobbing. “Are you… crying?” she asked softly.

Seohyun nodded. “Of course I am.”

“But why?” Yoona laughed.

“Because I’m happy you’re here.”

“Really?” Yoona pulled away a little bit and the stared into each other’s eyes.

Seohyun nodded. “Of course…” Then she winked few times as she realized something. “You… you don’t remember?”

“What?” Yoona looked a bit confused.

Seohyun sighed. “Nothing. Maybe… maybe it’s better that way,” she mumbled.

Yoona frowned. “What… are you talking about?” She just stood there, holding the blanket, thinking hard about what she could possibly forget. Seohyun just shook her head, hold her hand and led her out of the white room.

“I’m gonna show you your room and I have to give you some books and everything, so come with me.”

“And what about some clothes?!” Yoona asked, panicking. Seohyun was dragging her across some halls and she still had only a blanket wrapped around her body.

“Of course, clothes too, but books go first!” Seohyun said, excited.

Yoona nodded, knowing it’s useless to fight with Seohyun about books. She also couldn’t stop thinking about the thing Seohyun said earlier. What is the thing she doesn’t remember?

 

“Whaaat?!” Yuri shrieked and Jessica gasped. “What?!” she repeated then.

“You… really didn’t know? Even police haven’t called you?”

Yuri shook her head, her whole body shaking. “H...how…?”

“She fell down the stairs.”

“Aaaaaahhhh!” Yuri screamed desperately. “How can you be so calm while telling me this???!!!” she literally grabbed Tiffany’s collar.

“She seemed to be fine with her death,” Tiffany shrugged but nervously stared at Yuri’s hands. She might get strangled.

“What are you talking about?” Yuri gritted her teeth and tightened her grip, so Tiffany coughed.

“Wait…” Jessica spoke up. “You… you got her soul?”

“Huh?” Yuri asked and her grip loosened up a bit. “Why would Tiffany have her soul?”

“I mean angels in general,” Jessica explained.

“Ye-yeah…” Tiffany stuttered. Her cheeks turned red. “I didn’t mention… it?”

“No, you didn’t,” Jessica stated and rolled her eyes. “If you did, maybe you wouldn’t almost get murdered.”

Yuri let go of Tiffany and the angel cleared . “My mistake.”

“B…but… what does that mean?” Yuri asked, confused. “Is Yoona really dead?”

Tiffany nodded. “Yup. But if she can pass her test, she can become an angel.”

“I… I’m confused…” Yuri said eventually. “I don’t understand my feelings! I… I mean… I’m glad she can still live, but… she died oh my god! My sister!”

“I’m really surprised police haven’t contacted you yet… She was basically murdered,” Tiffany said.

“WHAT?! Somebody killed her??!!”

“Yeah…”

“Who was it??!! I’ll kill him! I’m gonna cut off his head! I’m gonna rip that bastard’s tongue out and then stuff it into his-“

“Yuri-yah, babe, calm down,” Jessica grabbed her hand and stopped her from talking before it gets even uglier.

“There’s no signal down here,” Krystal reminded. “Maybe they called already,” she said, but got completely ignored.

“I want to see her!” Yuri blurted out.

“You-you can’t,” Tiffany whispered and just in case put hands around her neck.

“Why?”

“Not until she passes her test, sorry.”

“GAH!” Yuri yelled and kicked the wall hard. “Ouch! Damn that hurt!”

“Yuri-yah!” Jessica quickly kneeled on the floor and grabbed Yuri’s ankle. “Why are you being like this?” She rubbed Yuri’s foot through the shoe and when she was about to stand up, she felt something wet on her hand. She looked up and realized Yuri is crying. “Awww, baby…” she immediately stood up and hugged her.

“She died… Yoona is dead…” Yuri sobbed.

“So is everybody sans you in this room,” Krystal spoke up again. “So it’s not such a big deal, really.”

“We were born this way,” Tiffany protested.

“We were created. And we are basically in the same position Yoona will be once she passes her test, Hwang,” Krystal looked at her, annoyed.

“She was so young…” Yuri sobbed and Jessica patted her back.

“It’s okay Yuri, she still can live the way she lived before… she will only have few more obligations.”

“But she will have to start like a completely new person! She will lose all of her friends and she told me she had a boyfriend…”

“Oh about that boyf-“

“Not now Tiffany,” Jessica stopped her, still hugging Yuri.

“But-“

“And what if she won’t pass that test?” Yuri asked, completely interrupting Tiffany, who was trying to say something.

“She will, she’s a smart girl.”

“But still…”

“Calm down, Yuri…”

“Yeah…” Yuri wiped her tears and as suddenly as she started crying she also suddenly stopped crying. “You said she’s fine with it?” she looked at Tiffany.

“Yeah… I think because of Seohyun…”

“Oh, you’re right… I hope she’s gonna be okay…”

 

Yoona was sitting on her new bed alone with a thick book opened on her lap. But she wasn’t reading it. She kept thinking about that thing Seohyun told her. What could she possibly forget? She needs to find out, it’s driving her crazy. Seohyun looked too upset about it.

Seohyun left her alone half an hour ago saying she should study a lot. But Yoona couldn’t focus at all. She sneaked out of the room, not really thinking about what she’s about to do. She had no idea. But she got lucky. She spotted somebody who she already knew.

“Hyomin sunbae!” she called her. Hyomin turned around and smiled.

“Hi, Yoona, how is it going so far? Do you need something?” she asked as she walked towards her.

Yoona nodded. “I do actually, I need your help.”

“What is it?”

Yoona looked around first before she spoke up. “Is there any way to call back lost memories?”

Hyomin frowned. “Yeah, there are few ways, but you need to be more specific. Why?”

“I… I gotta feeling I forgot something really really important.”

“From your life?” Hyomin raised her eyebrows.

“Yeah…”

“That’s unusual… people usually remember everything except for their death. But they remember their death as soon as somebody reminds them. Do you remember your death?”

Yoona frowned and shook her head. “Nobody told me what happened.”

“Oh, so that might be the case… What is the last thing you remember? Think about it.”

Yoona closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “I was going back to my room after my lesson ended… I met Taecyeon… I don’t remember… We had a fight? Oh my god!!” Yoona’s eyes opened and shocked expression appeared on her face. “He- he pushed me!”

“Was that the thing?” Hyomin asked.

Yoona pressed her lips together as she though. “I… don’t think so.”

“Then try to think more… Try to think about everything step by step, you should remember.”

Yoona nodded, still frowning a bit. “Okay… thank you a lot,” she smiled then.

“You should go back to your room, before Seohyun fins out you sneaked out. She’s always really strict when it comes to newcomers and studying, I bet she already gave you like a ton of the thickest books ever.”

Yoona nodded. “Yeah… she’s so strict I feel like we’re not even friends.”

Hyomin chuckled. “Typical…” she mumbled. Then she spotted somebody. “Uhhh… So go back to your room… I… I need to do something.”

“Thanks a lot again, sunbae-nim,” Yoona bowed her head and returned to her room. Hyomin just vacantly waved her hand and kept staring at that tall person that just appeared.

She knew her… Choi Sooyoung… Hell’s representative in Heaven and messenger. And also the girl she saw with Sunny last time.

Sooyoung seemed to be confused. She always seems to be confused when she is Heaven. Hyomin smirked and approached her. “Excuse me…”