Chapter 38

Guardian of Hell & Guardian of Hell 2: From Hell To Heaven

“What?!” Tiffany immediately jumped on her feed, pulling Taeyeon’s body unintentionally with her. “TaeTae, I’m so sorry!” she said as she realized what she did. She fixed Taeyeon’s body, before looking at Jessica, terrified. “WHAT?!”

Jessica sighed. “It’s… She’s dying for real now.”

Tiffany was trembling, gritting her teeth. “She’s not,” she argued.

Jessica slowly shook her head. “Look, she’s losing the rest of her powers. You need to go, Tiffany.”

“W-what, why? Where?” she asked, confused.

“You need to go to heaven and also to hell. You’re the only one who can transfer here. Think about it… if Taeyeon’s magic is fading away… everything will be a huge mess.”

Tiffany slowly nodded. She understood it. She looked at Taeyeon before looking back at Jessica.

“You need to leave her here… Don’t worry, we’ll take care of her.”

“Don’t let her… die,” Tiffany mumbled almost inaudibly, before she disappeared in her small tornado.

“We won’t…” Jessica mumbled before she looked at Yuri, who nodded.

“We won’t.”

 

“Seriously Jessica, what are you doing?” Yuri said, frowning. She was damn worried. This was weird, Jessica was cooking.

“Magic,” Jessica just shrugged and threw another weird flower into the boiling water.

“Magic?” Yuri didn’t understand this at all. “You can’t… do magic anymore.”

“You don’t need powers for doing magic,” Jessica smiled. “This is an old magic… It’s really hard to make it work, but once you know how to do it, it can be almost as powerful as typical magic.”

“Weird… Why didn’t you do this more often? Since you obviously know what to do?”

“It’s not like I’m an expert. Nobody can do this magic well anymore, I can do only basic stuffs without any side effects. And well, I did help myself out several times,” Jessica blushed.

“Whaaat?” Yuri asked, shocked.

“It wasn’t many times before. And really, it was just a simple magic like good luck spell or… affecting Narsha’s mood in a good way so she would keep me employed,” Jessica blushed.

“You’re crazy, girl,” Yuri sighed. “But what is this… soup?”

“It’s not a soup,” Jessica laughed. “We’re gonna spray this around Taeyeon.”

“It will make her wake up? Well, it does smell pretty badly.”

“No, silly. It will just make her body think it’s not dying anymore. So we should get some time. I’m not sure how much though. I’m not even sure if this will work,” she added, sulkily.

“Then why didn’t you do it earlier?”

“Honestly… I think we were safe as long as that stupid light was working. But now…”

“And I have one more question.”

“Yes?” Jessica looked at Yuri with a slight smile as she added another herb into the pot.”

“Where did you get this weed?”

“It was in our cupboard all the time,” Jessica laughed.

“It… was?”

“Yeah, see?” Jessica pointed at a bunch of small boxes with a spice.

Yuri looked at the boxes and its names. “Marjoram? Turmeric? Coriander? For real? And what is this nameless box with….” Yuri opened it, “dried flowers?”

“Oh, these are flowers from heaven. It was hidden in the back just in case you would accidentally cook them.”

Yuri frowned. “I would not. I’m not you.”

“I’m done!” Jessica announced, ignoring Yuri’s last statement. “Do you have some empty sprayer?”

 

“It smells really bad,” Yuri stated after Jessica finished the process.

“But it should help…” Jessica shrugged.

Then suddenly they heard something from downstairs. “What was that?” Yuri asked.

“I don’t know.”

They ran downstairs to the living room.

“Krystal!” Jessica shrieked, excited, when she recognized her younger sister.

“Don’t be so noisy, you’re son is sleeping.”

“O-our…” Yuri stuttered and stared at the blankets Krystal was holding.

“For real?” Jessica breathed out.

Krystal nodded and walked towards them. “Here,” she smiled and passed Jessica the baby.

Jessica carefully took it and removed the blanket covering its face.

“Oh my god,” she gasped. “Yuri-yah, look at our baby.”

“Oh my… Sica…” Yuri held Jessica’s shoulder firmly, as she looked at their son.

“Despite all the magic Kim Bum used, it’s a normal and a healthy boy,” Krystal smiled at the proud parents. A happy moment in a dark time.

“So handsome… like you,” Jessica said and looked at Yuri.

“Nah, he’s going to be a beautiful flower boy. As beautiful as you are,” Yuri opposed.

“Okay,” Jessica chuckled.

“How are you going to call him?” Krystal asked, while picking up random things, such as magazines and remote controls, from the floor.

“We don’t know yet, we don’t even have any baby stuffs bought… what are you doing?” Jessica frowned.

“Cleaning up the mess I made. I was in a hurry so I transferred a bit clumsily. I appeared on the table and everything fell on the floor,” Krystal explained.

“Oh… so that’s was the noise we heard…” Yuri said. “But really, how are we going to call him?”

“I don’t know, I don’t care about the name... I just want him to be joyful, intelligent, strong, optimistic and open-minded.”

“Jisoo,” Yuri breathed out.

“Huh?” Jessica raised her eyebrows.

“You just said it. Joyful. Intelligent. Strong. Optimistic. Open-minded. J-I-S-O-O. Jisoo.”

“That’s… smart,” Krystal said, impressed.

“Yeah,” Jessica nodded, impressed as well.

“I’m not dumb, you know?” Yuri said acting offended.

“Heh, of course we do,” Jessica smiled.

“Speak for yourself… Where’s Taeyeon?” Krystal asked.

“Upstairs… it’s getting worse. We have sent Tiffany to inform Dominus,” Jessica said and her expression turned dark.

“Let me see her.”

 

Jessica led Krystal upstairs to Taeyeon. As much as Jessica didn’t want to, they left Yuri with the baby downstairs.

“Oh damn…” Krystal said, gritting her teeth, once she saw the mistress.

“Is it bad?” Jessica asked, worried.

Krystal frowned. “What… do I smell?”

“I tried to slow down the process using traditional magic. I realized her powers are slowly fading away,” Jessica explained.

Krystal slowly nodded. “You did great, really. I’m very impressed…”

“Well, thank you, mom, because I’m so stupid and don’t know anything about magic and I didn’t learn anything in my life as a demon,” Jessica said, sarcastically.

Krystal looked at her and grinned. “Sorry.”

“Yeah, never mind, now fix it,” Jessica said pointing at Taeyeon.

“I would like to, but… I don’t think I can…” Krystal mumbled some spells. Jessica didn’t hear her well enough to tell what exactly is the younger girl doing, so she was just anxiously waiting for some results. When Krystal ended with her magic, everything seemed to be same as before.

“So?” Jessica asked.

“I hope I slowed it down as much as possible… I think I know what happened…”

“Really? So?”

“I’ll tell you all in once… let’s wait for Tiffany’s return, she has the right to know too,” Krystal said and headed back downstairs. Jessica looked at Taeyeon before she followed…

 

They waited for only a half an hour or so, when Tiffany arrived. The angel immediately wanted to see Taeyeon, but Krystal and Jessica stopped her. Yuri was busy taking care of the baby.

“But why not now?” Tiffany whined. She didn’t even seem to be happy to see Krystal. Well, her priorities were quite scrambled at the moment.

“We need to talk,” Krystal said. “Tell me, who did you inform?”

“Dominus, of course,” Tiffany said.

“Sure… and in hell?”

“Well, Taemin.”

“Taemin?” Krystal and Jessica asked in an unison.

“Well, he’s the most capable one I could get!” Tiffany argued.

“What about Sooyoung?”

“She wasn’t there! I asked for her, but I was told she’s on a date!”

“Damn, this girl…” Krystal mumbled. “Okay, I guess Taemin is fine too…” she said, giving up.

“So?” Tiffany asked, impatient.

“Let’s all sit down and talk about this…” Jessica said before she went for Yuri to get her to the living room as well.

When they returned, Tiffany’s eyes widened as she noticed the baby Yuri was holding. “T-that’s…” she stuttered.

“You haven’t told her?” Yuri raised her eyebrows while looking at Jessica.

“Oh, there was no time for that, Tiffany, this is our son, Kwon Jisoo. Jisoo, this is your auntie Tiffany,” Jessica said with a smile on her face as she tickled Jisoo’s nose. “He’s still sleeping?” Jessica asked then, looking at Yuri.

“Well, I guess he’s gonna be a sleepyhead, just like his mommy,” Yuri grinned.

Krystal coughed. “I’m sorry to interrupt, but we have some things to discuss.”

“Oh, sure,” Jessica said and joined her sister.

“Can I?” Tiffany asked Yuri, looking at the baby.

Yuri smiled and nodded. “Sure you can,” she said and carefully gave Jisoo to Tiffany, who sadly smiled and held him.

They all sat down in the living room. Krystal and Yuri in the armchairs, while Jessica and Tiffany, who was holding Jisoo, on the couch. Jessica was paying attention to Tiffany and her son. She knew he’s safe with Tiffany, but she couldn’t help but worry a little, since Tiffany was a bit unpredictable right now and if Krystal says something that would upset her… Jessica was scared she could unintentionally hurt the baby. So she was ready to safe Jisoo if anything happens. But Jessica didn’t know the real reason why Tiffany wanted to hold him. Tiffany did it on purpose, because she wanted to stay rational if anything. She knew the baby in her arms would stop her from doing anything rushed or stupid.

“So?” Tiffany asked, impatiently.

“First of all, you need to tell us what happened in…. Russia?” Jessica said.

“Ukraine,” Krystal corrected. “Well…” she quickly told them everything that had happened ever since they’ve crossed Ukrainian border. She told them about Nicole, Kim Bum randomly blowing up buildings in abandoned cities and finally how she managed to get Jisoo back.

“Any questions?” she asked.

“I have one… or two,” Jessica admitted. “First of all, how the heck did he steal our son and made him grew older so quickly?”

“I’m not sure, but he’s really powerful right now, so I guess he just waited for more powers to get accumulated in his body and then tried this out… and it worked. By the way I’ve already protected the baby with some spells, so he shouldn’t be able to do it again. Or at least not from such a distance.”

“He waited for more powers to get accumulated…” Jessica repeated. “That’s my other question. I don’t get this… How come the powers keep on accumulating that he needs to release them on random buildings? Can’t he handle his powers?”

“Now I understand what happened with Taeyeon,” Krystal said.

Tiffany shifted and held Jisoo tighter. “How is it related?” she asked.

“I will tell you soon, but let me explain it from the start,” Krystal answered before she continued. “He enchanted some object or an animal or a person to use it as an intermediary.”

“Huh?”

“Here’s what I think that happened. Some kind of an intermediary, I personally believe it was a person, attacked Taeyeon. And of course, Taeyeon had no problem killing or destroying him. But she didn’t know it was an enchanted intermediary. She died, because she killed him. He’s not powerful enough to kill her directly though, that’s why she’s still alive.”

“I don’t… get it,” Yuri said. Tiffany looked confused as well, only Jessica seemed to understand.

“I think I understand,” she said, looking at her sister. “Because she killed him using her supernatural powers, that person’s body absorbed all of her energy and transferred it directly to Kim Bum, right?”

Krystal nodded. “That’s what I think. And Kim Bum seems like he can’t handle those powers, because he killed Taeyeon unfairly and using another person. Thanks to his spell, he got her magical strength, but he didn’t get her mental strength. Taeyeon could handle it, simply because she was the one who directly killed Asmodis, but since he killed her indirectly…”

“Still confused…” Yuri said.

Tiffany was frowning. “He can’t handle Taeyeon’s powers, because he doesn’t deserve them, right?”

“That’s… pretty much it,” Krystal nodded eventually.

“How could he do such a stupid mistake?” Jessica asked.

Krystal shrugged. “I don’t know. He probably thought he’s strong enough. But he pretty much overestimated himself.”

“Idiot,” Jessica snorted out.

“But what does it mean? And Taeyeon? What are we going to do with her?” Tiffany asked, her voice slightly shaking.

“Well, it means he’s more vulnerable than we thought,” Krystal explained. “Paradoxically, his enormous strength is making him weak. But he’s still damn dangerous. We need to be careful. And about Taeyeon…” she sighed, before she continued. “The only way we could possibly save her is killing that bastard; he will never give us her powers back willingly.”

“Wait,” Yuri spoke up. “But if you kill him,” she said, looking at Krystal. “Won’t you get all those powers?”

Krystal scratched her head and shifted a bit. “I’m not sure… but it would make sense.”

“So how are we…?”

“We have to think of something… And we need to think quickly, before Taeyeon is gone for real and Hyoyeon and Nicole are dead.”

 

 

A/N: Wooo, last three chapters left! ^^ Well... + epilogue.

I don't really like this chapter as well :DD but I'm never really satisfied with my work, so... whatever :) hope this chapter is at least okay ^^