Ch. [65]

In My Arms

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

It’s not working. Hyukjae wanted to cry, to throw himself to the floor and break down. No. He couldn’t. Hyukjae couldn’t give himself the luxury of losing time like that.


He tried breaking the wall, even if it was little by little with a fork he took from Wang Lei with the excuse of wanting to comb his hair since he had no brush. 

He panted heavily as he rested against the wall, closing his eyes to calm himself and bringing a hand to his abdomen to gently caress the small lump. I need another plan. He let go of the fork and opened his eyes, looking around and sighing when he heard the door being knocked. “I know… Just wait!” He said, his voice coming out annoyed and frustrated. 

Hyukjae sighed deeply and stood up, hugging his abdomen gently as he tried his best to not cry out in frustration. Was he going to give birth there? Was his baby going to be taken away from him? He couldn’t allow that. He knew he had to run away before he could do nothing with a big womb.

Opening the door of the bathroom, Hyukjae jumped slightly, whining in pain as his arm was taken so roughly. “L-Let me go…,” he pleaded softly.

The guard holding him tightly looked at him and pushed him forward. “Time for your walk,” he announced and Hyukjae bit his lower lip.

Apparently, the doctor told them he had to walk frequently so his circulation improved and the baby grew healthy. Of course Hyukjae wanted to go out and take a walk, but he hated it because as soon as they announced it, his hands were tied behind his back and his ankles were tied by a rope, only allowing him to give small and slow steps. 

Hyukjae whined softly at how tight the rope was around his wrists and Wang Lei quickly went to loosen it a little, making Hyukjae look back at him with an appreciation smile. A blindfold was wrapped around his eyes and he closed his eyes, biting his lower lip slowly because he felt vulnerable. 

He was pushed forward harshly, almost making him trip over and fall down if not by a pair of arms preventing him to. He knew it was Wang Lei, he was the only one able to even take care of him and think of him as a human being.

Walking out slowly, Hyukjae could feel the fresh breeze and the scent of the forest. He wished he could see it, that he could be there in different circumstances, that maybe Kyuhyun were by his side, taking his hand as they walked side by side. The rough pull of the ropes made Hyukjae remind himself where he was and who accompanied him. He didn’t know if it was day or night, but the air felt cold against his skin, he even wondered which month it was, which day.

The small walk didn’t last too long and Hyukjae was dragged inside again, pushing his small body against the bed and him falling over his stomach without being able to hold himself up, still tied down. 

Hyukjae flinched when he felt a hand his cheeks and he quickly tried to turn his body around so he could try to kick away the man. He heard the loud laughs of the guards and he shivered in fear until they were finally gone.

Wang Lei was quick to approach to him and take off the ropes from his hands and ankles, making Hyukjae able to take away the blindfold by himself. “Idiots,” he mumbled under his breath. He was mad, infuriated. How could they dare touch him that way? It was then that Hyukjae bit his lower lip harshly. Of course, they could even do more to him. That was nothing. If they wanted to, they could take his clothes off and take advantage of him. The fact that they were only touching him like that was way too benevolent of them.

I need another plan. Hyukjae kept thinking, the whole day and night. He couldn’t even remember which one was which or if he was sleeping properly. He would eat what he was given and he would go out when he was pushed out by the guards. 

Days passed, Hyukjae had no idea how many but he still couldn’t come up with a nice plan. He sat down in the corner of the room, hugging himself as he tried to think carefully, being distracted by the sudden urge to eat sweets. Another luxury he couldn’t give himself. 

The door opened and Hyukjae flinched slightly, hugging himself tighter as he observed carefully how someone was coming in. The doctor? Why would they check up on him so frequently? Hyukjae bit his lower lip, looking how the doctor looked at him and offered a soft smile before pulling the small cart towards the bed, closing the door behind him.

Hyukjae stood up and walked to the bed, sitting down at the edge of it and only laying down when the other motioned him to.

He saw his baby again and Hyukjae smiled tenderly. He couldn’t wait to have him in his arms. A small sound distracted him and when Hyukjae finally noticed, the doctor had a small picture of the ultrasound in his hands, writing down something behind it before handing it to Hyukjae.

Hyukjae took the picture and looked at what was written behind, not really understanding what it was. He looked up at the doctor and tried to talk to him, closing his mouth when he remembered he couldn’t.

The doctor was looking around nervously, making sure no one was there before taking out a watch from his sleep, handing it to Hyukjae.

Hyukjae took the watch but was too confused as to know what was going on. The doctor tried to motion to him, explaining what to do but Hyukjae couldn’t understand a thing. “Please… I can’t understand…,” Hyukjae begged, trying to look at the doctor’s face carefully to see if at least he could get something. 

At the end, Hyukjae could only understand the things written behind the picture and the watch were related but he had no idea how and he was pretty sure it could be a way for him to escape.

One of the guards came in and Hyukjae quickly hid the things he was given, sitting on them as he saw how the doctor was dragged out without looking back.

It was when Hyukjae was finally sure that he was alone, that he grabbed the things and locked himself in the small bathroom, taking each of the objects in each one of his hands, looking back and forth to see what he could get from those. The watch indicated it was almost midday and that it was Saturday, February.

Hyukjae gasped. Was that information real? If so, he had been kidnapped for about three months. He looked up and saw the small picture that he was given. There was a date, in which he believed, indicated his baby was almost four months old already. 

He bit his lower lip and turned the picture around. There were seven small columns and only one was marked with certain hours written there. Each column must be a day. He thought and frowned slightly as he saw the hours marked. It were merely intervals of half an hour or one and he sighed deeply, not really understanding what was going on. 

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Hyukjae made sure to always have the watch by him, taking special notice of the hours that were marked every day. By the end of the fourth day, Hyukjae understood those were the hours in which guards changed shifts and how they would leave the door alone for a few minutes or a little more. Of course it was locked, but still alone and it was a huge advantage.

The next hours, while he was supposed to be sleeping, Hyukjae memorized the hours that were written down and he kept track of the days all the time. 

The next Saturday, when he finally gathered all his courage, Hyukjae decided to finally do something to run away. The hour that was marked said ’00:30-01:15’. I only have forty five minutes. He took a deep breath as he waited for the night to come, biting his lower lip as he saw Wang Lei come in to feed him dinner and he followed him to the door when the other left.

He felt bad for the Chinese man, but Hyukjae had to save himself first before thinking on saving others.

So when the door was closed in front of his face with a mocking smile of the guard, he quickly took the picture up and made sure to place it in between the door’s frame and the knock of it so it could stay open. 

If the doctor hadn’t given him such information and such a helpful tool as a watch, Hyukjae was sure he would have never been able to even think in such plan.

He heard the door being locked, or at least it sounded like that. The small picture of his baby was thick enough as to keep the door closed but not locked. He felt sorry, for leaving such precious object like that, but he didn’t have anything else that could work. 

His heart was beating fast and violent against his chest as he rested on the bed and closed his eyes. He couldn’t sleep, he was too nervous, too anxious, too scared. The images of him being caught, of him being abused because of his rebel act, of Wang Lei being punished, came up all in his mind, almost making him stand up to give up with his plan.

No. My baby has to live, I have to live. He had to convince himself more than once as he waited for the right time to come. With clock in hand and his ear against the door, he could finally hear the guard leaving with a loud yawn and he waited a few more minutes to see if someone else was coming soon.

Hyukjae didn’t notice how much his body was trembling of how terrified he was. His hand could barely hold the door’s knock as the other went to his abdomen, trying to calm himself. I can do this… I have to do this… He told himself multiple times, but it wasn’t until he finally grabbed the piece of paper and pulled the door towards him, that he understood just how anxious and scared he was.

The door opened slowly, revealing a starry night outside. Hyukjae didn’t remember how the world looked anymore and he had to shake his head to stop his trail of thoughts.

He held the picture against his head as he opened the door slowly, peeking his head out just to feel the cold breeze against his skin and the way freedom felt after so long. He swallowed harshly, feeling his whole body tremble.

Slowly, silently, cautiously, Hyukjae stepped out and closed the door behind him. It was better for him if they didn’t discovered he was gone until the morning check when he was forced to eat breakfast.

Hyukjae was sure his legs would give up any minute by then. He couldn’t control his own body to stop trembling and he looked around one last time before looking in front of him, pursing his lips and frowning in determination. I can do this. He simply chanted for himself before running silently towards the forest, finally hiding against one of the trees. He looked back, making sure there was still no one there and he rested against the trunk of the tree, closing his eyes for a few seconds, bringing his hand up against his chest, holding the picture of his baby so tightly it was already ruined. 

Hyukjae opened his eyes again and didn’t look back before running through the forest, away from the cabin he was locked for the past months. He was panting harshly and he had no idea where he was going to, but he couldn’t care less, because as long as he kept going away, it was good.

Hyukjae welcomed the dawn on his palms and knees, panting harshly in the forest, tired, exhausted, afraid, trembling. He had no idea where he was or where he could go, but he didn’t care, because he was finally free

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•


 


 



A/N: Angsty + mpreg requested fic~

First of all: I'M SO SORRY

Truth is, I kind of lost my inspiration but you guys are so supportive that I couldn't help but write a lot and now I'm writing so much my mom is a little scared- 

Anyway- I hope you guys enjoy the update, I'll try to update weekly all my fics, if not twice a week. I'll try my best!

Second thing: DID YOU ALL SEE THAT POSTER-

Thanks a lot to PanchiI for giving me such since so long ago- (I swear I've wanted to post it but I couldn't find the right time)

I hope you enjoyed the update and I'm sorry for taking too long!

I LOVE YOU!