Ch. [02]

In My Arms

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                          

“Umm… dad?” Hyukjae called knocking softly on his father’s studio’s door.

                          

“Yes Hyukkie?” Hyukjae’s father smiled sweetly and signaled Hyukjae to go in and sit in the huge couch by his desk’s side. “Is everything okay?” he asked, fully knowing of the awkward time they spent in that marriage meeting since a week ago.

                          

Hyukjae bit his lower lip and sat down, smiling softly when his father went to sit down by his side as well. “Well… you see dad…,” he trailed off trying to find the right words. “The thing is that… ummm… I don’t think this guy… ummm… Kyuhyun? Is it his name? well… I don’t think he really agrees with this marriage…,” he finally let out with a heavy sigh.

                          

Hyukjae’s father smiled softly and sighed as well. “I don’t think so as well,” he whispered, dedicating his precious son an assuring smile. “Maybe we should just cancel it?” he asked, and Hyukjae knew, that there was some kind of disappointment on his voice.

                          

Hyukjae looked down and bit his lower lip. He didn’t want to make his father sad, he just wanted for him to be happy. Because the man hasn’t stopped working his off ever since Hyukjae’s mother died, always supporting his only son and giving him everything he would need, always doing what he thought was the best to get his only reason to live, happiness.

                          

“I-” Hyukjae sighed deeply. “I think we should really think about it, maybe talk with the Chos? I mean… I’m not completely against the idea…,” he tried to smile softly.

                          

Hyukjae’s father smiled back and Hyukjae could see some kind of sparkle in his eyes. “I’ll schedule another dinner with them then,” he decided standing up and already looking for the other’s telephone. “You know, they told me he was a good man, he just likes to go against a marriage because he is always working…,” he mumbled as he searched in a little notebook for the number he needed.

                          

Hyukjae chuckled. “I know someone that doesn’t stop working all the time as well,” he said looking smugly at his father that looked at him with an apologetic and almost childish look.

                          

“Not all the time Hyukkie, I promised myself to spend more time with you since you came back,” Hyukjae’s father said smiling brightly when he could finally find the number he was looking for.

                          

Hyukjae stood up and rested his body on his father’s desk. “Then why are you here all the time?” he asked pouting, knowing that his pout made people weak. “We should go to a park or something, you know, spend time together,” he grinned.

                          

Hyukjae’s father laughed and picked up his phone. “I must arrange everything first Hyuk, after you get married, then I’ll have all the time I want to take care of my grandchildren without being stressed out because of the company,” he explained as he dialed the number.

                          

“So you just want me to marry because you want grandchildren!” Hyukjae exclaimed faking shock and hurt.

                          

Hyukjae’s father grinned as he waited for the other line to answer, he smiled wider when someone called form the other line. “Oh Mr. Cho!” he exclaimed giving Hyukjae a happy grin.

                          

Hyukjae pouted and crossed his arms over his chest, happy to see his father so happy and easy going, not that stressed; it wouldn’t be good for his health. He bit his lower lip as he started feeling nervous once again, it’s been almost a week since the meeting and he still has nightmares because of the Cho heir, as he decided to call until he fully gets used to think of him as a human being, his deathly stare and his deep frown, always looking at him as if he wanted to kill him.

                          

Only thinking about it sent shivers all way to Hyukjae’s body and he flinched lightly, feeling the necessity to run away and tell his father not to arrange another meeting.

                          

“Oh yeah, everything has been doing great!” Hyukjae’s father said by the phone, probably answering to something Mr. Cho had asked him. “So I was calling because I thought maybe he should arrange a new meeting,” Hyukjae’s father went right into the spot, making the boy even more nervous at that. “Ah yeah… I understand,” and this time his voice was a little more serious, Hyukjae almost sighed in relief if it weren’t for the smile that suddenly appeared in his father’s lips. “In two hours for lunch then? Of course! We’ll be ready for then! Sure, see you later then,” and he hung up.

                          

“Dad! Two hours?!” Hyukjae exclaimed, no, he wasn’t ready for such as soon confrontation with the man that would probably be his husband and the reason of his death as well, two hours was way too short time for him to get used to the idea.

                          

“Yeah, they said he’s been working too much lately so they want to surprise him and not let him give any excuses,” Hyukjae’s father explained. “Now go to prepare yourself, we’re leaving in an hour,” he commanded before turning back to his papers.

                          

Hyukjae gulped, his eyes lost in some kind of space in which his mind was swimming. Two hours. He repeated in his head, gulping because his heart started beating so fast remembering those eyes that pierced into his soul. I’m screwed. He gulped again and turned towards the door, giving small steps until he was out, walking to his room with heavy steps, feeling like that was the last time he could actually walk properly, or ever walk, because he was sure the Cho heir would kill him anytime soon.

                          

An hour went way too fast, Hyukjae thought as he stepped into the black car waiting for his father to go in as well, his fingers playing with each other and his tie feeling just way too tight for his liking, or maybe it was the weather, maybe the air conditioner… whatever it was, it felt like suffocating.

                          

“Are you ready Hyukkie?” Hyukjae’s father asked as soon as he closed the door of the car and waited for the chauffeur to start the car and drive them to the meeting place.

                          

Hyukjae turned towards his father. “I’m not,” he said honestly, gaining a soft chuckle from his father.

                          

“Everything will be fine son,” his father said with a soft smile, he could only nod and gulp again, watching over the window and thinking that was going to be the last time he was going to be able to see the beautiful flowers of their garden.

                          

Hyukjae grabbed his phone and quickly wrote a message, pushing the ‘send’ button rather hurriedly, waiting for a fast answer.

                          

Finally his phone vibrated and he opened the new received message.

                          

‘An arranged marriage? Why haven’t I been informed of this before? Anyways, I don’t think the guy will kill you –not now at least- so don’t worry, don’t be too exaggerated, you tend to think too drastically. And I don’t like the idea of you marrying someone you don’t know, but I’m okay if you are with it. If he ever tries to do something to you just let me know and I’ll kick his off! I bet he’s just mesmerized by your beauty. ;) that lucky bastard! I would have liked it for you to marry me instead! ;D

                          

And Hyukjae breathed in and out deeply, feeling more at ease now that he had Siwon’s support and comforting words, that only if he could call those words actually ‘comforting’.

                          

He wrote a simple ‘thanks, I love you <3’ and sent the message, smiling when he got an ‘I love you too Hyukkie! <3’back.

                          

Finally, Hyukjae relaxed in the seat, closing his eyes and ordering his heart to please stop beating so fast because he was getting tense. “We’re almost there Hyukkie,” his father informed and he opened his eyes breathing in and out deeply.He won’t kill me with his eyes. He reminded himself over and over again.

                          

Finally the car stopped and Hyukjae looked outside the window, it was the Cho’s company building, he felt his heart increasing its beat again and he brought his hand to his chest in order for him to calm down a little.

                          

He didn’t know how it happened, maybe he was just into a trance, because when he finally realized, he was standing in front of Kyuhyun’s office’s door, gulping nervously as he looked back and saw three adults, the two Cho and his father, smiling assuring to him as Heechul nodded in anticipation.

                          

“Go Hyukkie, I bet it will be a great surprise,” Heechul whispered giggling like crazy.

                          

Hyukjae nodded and once again looked to the front, raising his hand to knock the door, not really liking the idea of spending a few minutes alone with Kyuhyun, afraid that he will become crazy and the other really, really hates him.

                          

“Don’t knock, just come in,” Mr. Cho, or Hankyung, as the man had asked him to call him, said, smiling brightly and holding his wife’s hand tightly, his own father signaling him to do as he was told.

                          

Once again Hyukjae bit his lower lip. Lord, I know I always made fun of Siwon for being so religious, but now, please help me, he prayed finally posing his hand over the lock and turning it slightly.

                          

“There you go!” Heechul somehow appeared in his back and pushed him inside, not even sparing a glance, the door closed and he froze in his spot, still wondering what happened before and looking at the door.

                          

When Hyukjae finally dared to look up he gasped and stepped back in surprise.

                          

There was Kyuhyun, looking at him with probably the same shocked expression as him, or probably it had a little of hate in the formula, Hyukjae would never know. It wasn’t Kyuhyun the most surprising thing though, but the girl in his lap, with her hands wrapped around Kyuhyun’s neck and looking at him with pure hate, this time Hyukjae was sure of that.

                          

“Oh Lord… I-I’m sorry,” Hyukjae turned around and covered his eyes, fighting against the blush that stubbornly went up his cheeks and ears.

                          

“What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asked after a few seconds.

                          

Eunhyuk gulped, shutting his eyes close tightly. “I-I… I came to g-get you for l-lunch…,” he bit his lower lip, not daring to look behind him to meet Kyuhyun’s mortal gaze.

                          

“Who the hell gave you permission to be here in the first place? Go out now,” Kyuhyun ordered and Hyukjae bit his lip ever harder.

                          

“I-I… I can’t,” Hyukjae mumbled.

                          

“Oppa, who is this?” Hyukjae heard the girl asked Kyuhyun.

                          

“No one, he’s leaving already,” Kyuhyun answered and Hyukjae felt a little hurt at that; no one, his mind repeated making him feel a little worst than before.

                          

“Ummm… the thing is Kyuhyun-shi…,” Hyukjae started nervously. “I can’t go out now… not without you… I mean, I would love to leave you alone and such… but umm… how to say this? Y-Your parents and mine are outside waiting for us and so I-”

                          

“What?!” Hyukjae flinched lightly when he heard something fell to the floor. “I knew it! It was their idea!” Kyuhyun hissed.

                          

Hyukjae could only stay silent, he wanted to disappear from there, to just make the floor open and then him in and never ever appear again in front of Kyuhyun in his life. “Oppa, tell him to leave and let’s stay here alone,” the girl with an annoying voice said.

                          

“I’m sorry Seohyun, but I guess this time I have to go,” Hyukjae heard Kyuhyun said with a tender voice and his heart beat faster than before, threatening to go out from his chest.

                          

Suddenly Hyukjae felt a hand wrapping around his arms and pulling him towards the door. “Wha-?”

                          

“Let’s go,” Kyuhyun ordered with that cold voice again. “We have something to talk about,” he hissed with an annoyed tone opening the door and going out, leaving a girl inside the office.

                          

Hyukjae faked a smile when he faced his father and Kyuhyun’s ones, he gulped at his fate, if Kyuhyun didn’t want to kill him before, this time he definitely would.

                          

Hyukjae didn’t know if he was prepared to die already.

                          

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•


 

Remember the Story Giveaway guys! ^^

enjoy and leave lots of comments! :D